From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Apology to shook-up cyclist, claims 'dangerous driving'
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2022 15:42:06 +0000
 by: Spike - Fri, 18 Mar 2022 15:42 UTC

Cathie Sloman, a laboratory assistant at the Norfolk and Norwich
University Hospital (NNUH), was cycling to work along Newmarket Road
when a taxi sped past her on March 16.

However the Lakenham woman said the driver didn't give the correct
amount of room, 1.5 metres, when passing.

She believes this was due to cars driving close by in the opposite
direction.

"I just feel dangerous driving like this should be looked at so that one
or two people don't potentially ruin their reputation."

The driver's company - ABC Taxis - has apologised to Cathie and has
spoken to the driver in question.

<https://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/news/cyclists-close-call-with-abc-taxi-norwich-8764830>

--
Spike

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Apology to shook-up cyclist, claims 'dangerous driving'