It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats.

aus+uk / aus.legal / Morrison ministerial appointments

SubjectAuthor
* Morrison ministerial appointmentsSylvia Else
+* Re: Morrison ministerial appointmentsRod Speed
|+* Re: Morrison ministerial appointmentsMax
||`- Re: Morrison ministerial appointmentsRod Speed
|`* Re: Morrison ministerial appointmentsOzix
| +* Re: Morrison ministerial appointmentsPhil Allison
| |`* Re: Morrison ministerial appointmentsSylvia Else
| | `- Re: Morrison ministerial appointmentsRod Speed
| `- Re: Morrison ministerial appointmentsRod Speed
+- Re: Morrison ministerial appointmentsPhil Allison
`* Re: Morrison ministerial appointmentsPeter Jason
 `* Re: Morrison ministerial appointmentsJayde Leeder
  +* Re: Morrison ministerial appointmentsPetzl
  |`* Re: Morrison ministerial appointmentsRod Speed
  | `* Re: Morrison ministerial appointmentsPetzl
  |  `* Re: Morrison ministerial appointmentsRod Speed
  |   `* Re: Morrison ministerial appointmentsPetzl
  |    `* Re: Morrison ministerial appointmentsRod Speed
  |     `* Re: Morrison ministerial appointmentsMax
  |      `- Re: Morrison ministerial appointmentsRod Speed
  `* Re: Morrison ministerial appointmentsSylvia Else
   `- Re: Morrison ministerial appointmentsRod Speed

1
Morrison ministerial appointments

<jmbl4gF5fcbU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7090&group=aus.legal#7090

From: syl...@email.invalid (Sylvia Else)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Subject: Morrison ministerial appointments
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2022 18:42:56 +1000
 by: Sylvia Else - Sat, 20 Aug 2022 08:42 UTC

How real is an appointment if it's kept secret?

I do not see how Morrison would have been able to exercise the powers of
a ministry if no one, except the Governor General and him, knew of the
appointment.

Sylvia.

Re: Morrison ministerial appointments

<op.1q6z902lbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7091&group=aus.legal#7091

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Subject: Re: Morrison ministerial appointments
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2022 19:21:26 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Sat, 20 Aug 2022 09:21 UTC

Sylvia Else <sylvia@email.invalid> wrote

> How real is an appointment if it's kept secret?

Completely real given that it gave ScoMo the legal
authority to do what the minister has the power to do.

> I do not see how Morrison would have been able to exercise the powers of
> a ministry if no one, except the Governor General and him, knew of the
> appointment.

More fool you, as always.

And it wasn't just those two anyway, fool.

Re: Morrison ministerial appointments

<tdq9fa$vsr$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7092&group=aus.legal#7092

From: max...@val.morgan (Max)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2022 19:28:10 +1000
 by: Max - Sat, 20 Aug 2022 09:28 UTC

On 20/08/2022 7:21 pm, Rod Speed wrote:
> Sylvia Else <sylvia@email.invalid> wrote
>
>> How real is an appointment if it's kept secret?
>
> Completely real given that it gave ScoMo the legal
> authority to do what the minister has the power to do.

Yes but what is he going to do with that power? In order to do anything
he would have tell someone he has that power.

>> I do not see how Morrison would have been able to exercise the powers
>> of a ministry if no one, except the Governor General and him, knew of
>> the appointment.
>
> More fool you, as always.
>
> And it wasn't just those two anyway, fool.

Re: Morrison ministerial appointments

<c7864eb0-6dc6-4e5e-a058-261d390d1567n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7093&group=aus.legal#7093

Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2022 02:39:53 -0700 (PDT)
From: palliso...@gmail.com (Phil Allison)
 by: Phil Allison - Sat, 20 Aug 2022 09:39 UTC

Sylvia Else wrote:
===============

> How real is an appointment if it's kept secret?

** Acted only as an available reserve role while cabinet members were under threat of Covid.

> I do not see how Morrison would have been able to exercise the powers of
> a ministry if no one, except the Governor General and him, knew of the
> appointment.

** Impossible, of course.

IMO:

All the excitement is a massive beat-up by long time haters & opponents of Scomo.
Naturally they are all ALP and Green members of parliament plus any Libs disaffected by the recent loss.

Most wannabe MPs join parties in order to get elected and bloat their egos.
Policies don't matter a shit, just the chances of being elected.

They are the real and persistent " danger to democracy" .

...... Phil

Re: Morrison ministerial appointments

<op.1q62fbthbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7094&group=aus.legal#7094

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2022 20:07:49 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Sat, 20 Aug 2022 10:07 UTC

Max <max@val.morgan> wrote
> Rod Speed wrote
>> Sylvia Else <sylvia@email.invalid> wrote

>>> How real is an appointment if it's kept secret?

>> Completely real given that it gave ScoMo the legal
>> authority to do what the minister has the power to do.

> Yes but what is he going to do with that power?

In fact he didnt do anything with that power apart from
refused to renew the oil and gas exploration contract.

> In order to do anything he wouldhave tell someone he has that power.

Time to do that when exercising that power, stupid.

>>> I do not see how Morrison would have been able to exercise the powers
>>> of a ministry if no one, except the Governor General and him, knew of
>>> the appointment.

>> More fool you, as always.

>> And it wasn't just those two anyway, fool.

Re: Morrison ministerial appointments

<6300c3c6$1@news.ausics.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7095&group=aus.legal#7095

Newsgroups: aus.legal
From: ozi...@xizo.am (Ozix)
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2022 19:21:42 +0800
 by: Ozix - Sat, 20 Aug 2022 11:21 UTC

Rod Speed wrote:
> Sylvia Else <sylvia@email.invalid> wrote
>
>> How real is an appointment if it's kept secret?
>
> Completely real given that it gave ScoMo the legal
> authority to do what the minister has the power to do.
>
>> I do not see how Morrison would have been able to exercise the powers
>> of a ministry if no one, except the Governor General and him, knew of
>> the appointment.
>
> More fool you, as always.
>
> And it wasn't just those two anyway, fool.

But old mate GG didn't write in his diary, so what if somebody said
"since when are you minister of XYZ?", just the word of 2 people that he
has the power.

Re: Morrison ministerial appointments

<290c6fca-a3b3-4f87-8835-c38fbe114b69n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7096&group=aus.legal#7096

Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2022 04:42:08 -0700 (PDT)
From: palliso...@gmail.com (Phil Allison)
 by: Phil Allison - Sat, 20 Aug 2022 11:42 UTC

Ozix wrote:
==========

> >> How real is an appointment if it's kept secret?
> >
> > Completely real given that it gave ScoMo the legal
> > authority to do what the minister has the power to do.
> >
> >> I do not see how Morrison would have been able to exercise the powers
> >> of a ministry if no one, except the Governor General and him, knew of
> >> the appointment.
> >
> > More fool you, as always.
> >
> > And it wasn't just those two anyway, fool.
> But old mate GG didn't write in his diary, so what if somebody said
> "since when are you minister of XYZ?", just the word of 2 people that he
> has the power.

** Not in diary does not equate to no record anywhere nor any other witnesses.

In any case, the solemn word of the GG is pretty damn strong.

...... Phil

Re: Morrison ministerial appointments

<jmc5fnF814nU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7097&group=aus.legal#7097

From: syl...@email.invalid (Sylvia Else)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2022 23:21:58 +1000
 by: Sylvia Else - Sat, 20 Aug 2022 13:21 UTC

On 20-Aug-22 9:42 pm, Phil Allison wrote:
> Ozix wrote:
> ==========

>>> Completely real given that it gave ScoMo the legal
>>> authority to do what the minister has the power to do.

>>> More fool you, as always.
>>>
>>> And it wasn't just those two anyway, fool.
>> But old mate GG didn't write in his diary, so what if somebody said
>> "since when are you minister of XYZ?", just the word of 2 people that he
>> has the power.
>>

> ** Not in diary does not equate to no record anywhere nor any other witnesses.
>
> In any case, the solemn word of the GG is pretty damn strong.
>

> ..... Phil

Still, if before ScoMo could actually exercise the power, the GG has to
come along and say he has been appointed to the relevant ministry, then
it would be altogether simpler to wait until the power is needed, and
get the GG to make the appointment then.

I'm not even sure witnesses would carry much weight here. It would be
all to easy for a group seeking to grab power to conspire to off the GG,
and lie about having been witnesses to appointments secretly made before
the sadly departed head of state met his end.

Sylvia.

Re: Morrison ministerial appointments

<op.1q7lvss4byq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7098&group=aus.legal#7098

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2022 03:08:06 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Sat, 20 Aug 2022 17:08 UTC

Ozix <ozix@xizo.am> wrote
> Rod Speed wrote
>> Sylvia Else <sylvia@email.invalid> wrote

>>> How real is an appointment if it's kept secret?

>> Completely real given that it gave ScoMo the legal
>> authority to do what the minister has the power to do.

>>> I do not see how Morrison would have been able to exercise the powers
>>> of a ministry if no one, except the Governor General and him, knew of
>>> the appointment.

>> More fool you, as always.

>> And it wasn't just those two anyway, fool.

> But old mate GG didn't write in his diary,

There is no diary of everything that happened.

There is a list of what WILL happen for those that need to know that.

> so what if somebody said "since when are you ministerof XYZ?", just the
> word of 2 people that he has the power.

There are proper records of what happened and
it was never just those two involved anyway.

Re: Morrison ministerial appointments

<op.1q7l1wtlbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7099&group=aus.legal#7099

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2022 03:11:46 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Sat, 20 Aug 2022 17:11 UTC

Sylvia Else <sylvia@email.invalid> wrote
> Phil Allison wrote
>> Ozix wrote

>>> But old mate GG didn't write in his diary, so what if somebody said
>>> "since when are you minister of XYZ?", just the word of 2 people that
>>> he
>>> has the power.
>>>
>> ** Not in diary does not equate to no record anywhere nor any other
>> witnesses.
>> In any case, the solemn word of the GG is pretty damn strong.

> Still, if before ScoMo could actually exercise the power, the GG hasto
> come along and say he has been appointed to the relevant ministry,

Wrong and he didnt with the oil and gas exploration license.

> then it would be altogether simpler to wait until the power is needed,
> and get the GG to make the appointment then.

But the PM and GG are legally free to do it the way it was done.

> I'm not even sure witnesses would carry much weight here.

More fool you, again.

> It would be all to easy for a group seeking to grab power to conspire to
> off the GG, and lie about having been witnesses to appointments secretly
> made before the sadly departed head of state met his end.

But the witnesses can be checked to see if they did witness what is
claimed, stupid.

Re: Morrison ministerial appointments

<gp75ghhahs0lso262o7vrvdln1j1b6g6o3@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7100&group=aus.legal#7100

From: pj...@jostle.com (Peter Jason)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2022 07:11:39 +1000
 by: Peter Jason - Sun, 21 Aug 2022 21:11 UTC

On Sat, 20 Aug 2022 18:42:56 +1000, Sylvia Else <sylvia@email.invalid>
wrote:

>How real is an appointment if it's kept secret?
>
>I do not see how Morrison would have been able to exercise the powers of
>a ministry if no one, except the Governor General and him, knew of the
>appointment.
>
>Sylvia.

What a storm in a teacup!
It must have been a slow news week.

Poor old Scomo had a pandemic to deal with.

Re: Morrison ministerial appointments

<c3e42789-fd71-4962-b4ff-ef2c682687a0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7101&group=aus.legal#7101

Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2022 16:49:52 -0700 (PDT)
From: jayde...@gmail.com (Jayde Leeder)
 by: Jayde Leeder - Sun, 21 Aug 2022 23:49 UTC

I don't think there is anything wrong with what Scomo did, but anyway...

IF they wanted to change the Law, What actual Law would need to be changed?

How would they phrase it?

Re: Morrison ministerial appointments

<kl66ghdpeapou1s445ib9inbc8lsai4akd@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7102&group=aus.legal#7102

From: pet...@gmail.com (Petzl)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2022 16:17:40 +1000
 by: Petzl - Mon, 22 Aug 2022 06:17 UTC

On Sun, 21 Aug 2022 16:49:52 -0700 (PDT), Jayde Leeder
<jaydetju@gmail.com> wrote:

>I don't think there is anything wrong with what Scomo did, but anyway...
>
>IF they wanted to change the Law, What actual Law would need to be changed?
>
>How would they phrase it?

Political parties are owned and run by "lobbyists"
Many party politicians are not nowadays loyal to their party

ScoMo lobbyists did not want “Petroleum Exploration Permit 11” to go
ahead, to make sure it did not ScoMo had taken over the frontbencher
positions that could of let it happen.
It has always been suspected for decades, there are major oil/gas
resources off Sydney in the ocean, even Port Botany, exploration has
always been denied by both parties?
Albo is under control of the same lobbyists!
<https://theconversation.com/scott-morrisons-veto-of-a-gas-drilling-plan-off-sydney-was-strange-but-it-should-not-be-overturned-188813>
https://tinyurl.com/2l4e87cc
Asset Energy’s executive director David Breeze this week said the
project could supply 20 years’ worth of gas to NSW, adding:

In light of significantly changed circumstances in the international
energy market following the war in Ukraine, and the prospect of
sustained higher energy prices and gas shortages in Australia, we are
urging Federal and NSW governments to reconsider their position and
allow limited, safe, and sustainable exploration activity.
--
Petzl
"Our" Media and Major parties are run by lobbyists

Lobbyists write the laws, parliament sells the laws,
paid lucrative commissions for passing their laws.
That’s the modern legislative business of parliament.

When we talk about paying-off politicians in third-world
countries we call it bribery.
However, when we undertake the same process in parliament.
we call it lobbying.

Re: Morrison ministerial appointments

<op.1raq5dm9byq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7103&group=aus.legal#7103

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2022 19:54:39 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Mon, 22 Aug 2022 09:54 UTC

On Mon, 22 Aug 2022 16:17:40 +1000, Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 21 Aug 2022 16:49:52 -0700 (PDT), Jayde Leeder
> <jaydetju@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I don't think there is anything wrong with what Scomo did, but anyway....
>>
>> IF they wanted to change the Law, What actual Law would need to be
>> changed?
>>
>> How would they phrase it?

> Political parties are owned and run by "lobbyists"

Bullshit.

> Many party politicians are not nowadays loyal to their party

They never have been.

> ScoMo lobbyists did not want “Petroleum Exploration Permit 11” to go
> ahead, to make sure it did not ScoMo had taken over the frontbencher
> positions that could of let it happen.

> It has always been suspected for decades, there are major oil/gas
> resources off Sydney in the ocean, even Port Botany, exploration has
> always been denied by both parties?

> Albo is under control of the same lobbyists!

Bullshit.

> <https://theconversation.com/scott-morrisons-veto-of-a-gas-drilling-plan-off-sydney-was-strange-but-it-should-not-be-overturned-188813>
> https://tinyurl.com/2l4e87cc
> Asset Energy’s executive director David Breeze this week said the
> project could supply 20 years’ worth of gas to NSW, adding:

> In light of significantly changed circumstances in the international
> energy market following the war in Ukraine, and the prospect of
> sustained higher energy prices and gas shortages in Australia, we are
> urging Federal and NSW governments to reconsider their position and
> allow limited, safe, and sustainable exploration activity.

Bet that doesn't happen.

Re: Morrison ministerial appointments

<qoo6ghtsa0u88g6gtuas6kbdjhk9sknssf@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7105&group=aus.legal#7105

From: pet...@gmail.com (Petzl)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2022 21:09:14 +1000
 by: Petzl - Mon, 22 Aug 2022 11:09 UTC

On Mon, 22 Aug 2022 19:54:39 +1000, "Rod Speed"
<rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Mon, 22 Aug 2022 16:17:40 +1000, Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 21 Aug 2022 16:49:52 -0700 (PDT), Jayde Leeder
>> <jaydetju@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I don't think there is anything wrong with what Scomo did, but anyway...
>>>
>>> IF they wanted to change the Law, What actual Law would need to be
>>> changed?
>>>
>>> How would they phrase it?
>
>> Political parties are owned and run by "lobbyists"
>
>Bullshit.
>
>> Many party politicians are not nowadays loyal to their party
>
>They never have been.
>
>> ScoMo lobbyists did not want “Petroleum Exploration Permit 11” to go
>> ahead, to make sure it did not ScoMo had taken over the frontbencher
>> positions that could of let it happen.
>
>> It has always been suspected for decades, there are major oil/gas
>> resources off Sydney in the ocean, even Port Botany, exploration has
>> always been denied by both parties?
>
>> Albo is under control of the same lobbyists!
>
>Bullshit.
>
>> <https://theconversation.com/scott-morrisons-veto-of-a-gas-drilling-plan-off-sydney-was-strange-but-it-should-not-be-overturned-188813>
>> https://tinyurl.com/2l4e87cc
>> Asset Energy’s executive director David Breeze this week said the
>> project could supply 20 years’ worth of gas to NSW, adding:
>
>> In light of significantly changed circumstances in the international
>> energy market following the war in Ukraine, and the prospect of
>> sustained higher energy prices and gas shortages in Australia, we are
>> urging Federal and NSW governments to reconsider their position and
>> allow limited, safe, and sustainable exploration activity.
>
>Bet that doesn't happen.

Maybe right
NSW is making more money from coal exports than Australia makes from
iron ore, Albo is committed to stopping coal exports.
--
Petzl

The entire Parliament was sacked,for treason under Whitlam
Constitutionally Parties are not recognised. So when a Government was
found to be removing ties to USA and Britain's orbit moving towards
that of the Communist and Third World powers, with strong support for
the "Arab lobby", Britain and USA would of found that treachery.

Arab financiers offered lower interest rates on governmental loans
than US banks/financiers. The Middle East at the time was awash with
"petro-dollars", as the price of oil quadrupled between 1973 and 1974.
Whitlam allowed Saudi Arabs to build a Mosque in Sydney/Lakemba.
Whitlam was a immoral communist working to remove ties to USA and
Britain's orbit moving towards that of the Communist and Third World
powers, with strong support for the "Arab lobby".
https://is.gd/IzhkxL

Whitlam did not want anti-communists to settle in Australia,
irrespective of whether they were genuine asylum seekers. Here his
stance differed from the position he took following the overthrow of
Salvador Allende's left-wing government in Chile in 1973.

Whitlam said on the ABC that Australia did not want “another
­reactionary right-wing minority”. Foreign minister Don Willesee
pleaded with him to take more. Whitlam replied: “I’m not having those
f..king Vietnamese Balts coming into this country with their religious
and political prejudices against us.”

Whitlam opposed the entry of Vietnamese refugees, saying they stirred
no sympathy in him. He added: “There will be some resentment about the
people coming to Australia at a time of unemployment, and also people
from a very different way of life.”

In other words, Whitlam consciously stirred up ethnic and racial
prejudice against Vietnamese ­because he thought they might be
politically hostile to Labor.

Re: Morrison ministerial appointments

<op.1rau4ebxbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7107&group=aus.legal#7107

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2022 21:20:28 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Mon, 22 Aug 2022 11:20 UTC

On Mon, 22 Aug 2022 21:09:14 +1000, Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 22 Aug 2022 19:54:39 +1000, "Rod Speed"
> <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 22 Aug 2022 16:17:40 +1000, Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Political parties are owned and run by "lobbyists"
>>
>> Bullshit.
>>
>>> Many party politicians are not nowadays loyal to their party
>>
>> They never have been.
>>
>>> ScoMo lobbyists did not want “Petroleum Exploration Permit 11” to go
>>> ahead, to make sure it did not ScoMo had taken over the frontbencher
>>> positions that could of let it happen.
>>
>>> It has always been suspected for decades, there are major oil/gas
>>> resources off Sydney in the ocean, even Port Botany, exploration has
>>> always been denied by both parties?
>>
>>> Albo is under control of the same lobbyists!
>>
>> Bullshit.
>>
>>> <https://theconversation.com/scott-morrisons-veto-of-a-gas-drilling-plan-off-sydney-was-strange-but-it-should-not-be-overturned-188813>
>>> https://tinyurl.com/2l4e87cc
>>> Asset Energy’s executive director David Breeze this week said the
>>> project could supply 20 years’ worth of gas to NSW, adding:
>>
>>> In light of significantly changed circumstances in the international
>>> energy market following the war in Ukraine, and the prospect of
>>> sustained higher energy prices and gas shortages in Australia, we are
>>> urging Federal and NSW governments to reconsider their position and
>>> allow limited, safe, and sustainable exploration activity.
>>
>> Bet that doesn't happen.
>>
> Maybe right

> NSW is making more money from coal exports than Australia makes from
> iron ore,

Bullshit.

> Albo is committed to stopping coal exports.

Bullshit.

Re: Morrison ministerial appointments

<f428gh9nqmcjjdnfdjqpf6m76amtsfq35e@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7108&group=aus.legal#7108

From: pet...@gmail.com (Petzl)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2022 08:56:46 +1000
 by: Petzl - Mon, 22 Aug 2022 22:56 UTC

On Mon, 22 Aug 2022 21:20:28 +1000, "Rod Speed"
<rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Mon, 22 Aug 2022 21:09:14 +1000, Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 22 Aug 2022 19:54:39 +1000, "Rod Speed"
>> <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Bullshit.

>>> They never have been.

>>> Bullshit.

>>> Bet that doesn't happen.
>>>
>> Maybe right
>
>> NSW is making more money from coal exports than Australia makes from
>> iron ore,
>
>Bullshit.

A little bit maybe
<https://www.smh.com.au/business/companies/glencore-proud-as-coal-surpasses-iron-ore-as-nation-s-biggest-export-20220708-p5b07a.html#:~:text=In%20a%20sign%20of%20coal%27s,first%20time%20in%2013%20years.>
https://tinyurl.com/2h9xh94m
In a sign of coal’s enduring near-term demand despite accelerating
global action on emissions, data from the Australian Bureau of
Statistics revealed earnings from coal shipments jumped to $14.7
billion during May, surpassing iron ore for the first time in 13
years.

>> Albo is committed to stopping coal exports.
>
>Bullshit.

Not this time
<https://www.skynews.com.au/australia-news/politics/labors-hunter-candidate-grilled-over-impact-of-partys-safeguard-mechanism-on-coal-mines-and-whether-therell-be-a-levy/news-story/a15c7ebcd76d2acb656a23118d60a33f>
https://tinyurl.com/2jc3rptr
The impact of Labor's safeguard mechanism on coal mines has been
called into question after remarks its candidate for the marginal
electorate of Hunter made put him at odds with the party's climate
representative.

--
Petzl
Make Australia Great Again

Mark Latham has seen the light
Voting Coalition, Labor or "Greens" because you hate One Nation is like eating shit because you hate spinach

ALWAYS Vote fiefdom oligarchies Coalition, Labor, "Greens"
*LAST*, Federal State and Council!
https://youtu.be/-B___WPT33w
Pauline Hanson's Please Explain Episode 24 Voter Fraud

Re: Morrison ministerial appointments

<op.1rbr93xqbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7109&group=aus.legal#7109

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2022 09:16:41 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Mon, 22 Aug 2022 23:16 UTC

On Tue, 23 Aug 2022 08:56:46 +1000, Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 22 Aug 2022 21:20:28 +1000, "Rod Speed"
> <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 22 Aug 2022 21:09:14 +1000, Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Maybe right
>>
>>> NSW is making more money from coal exports than Australia makes from
>>> iron ore,
>>
>> Bullshit.

> A little bit maybe

Totally in fact.

> <https://www.smh.com.au/business/companies/glencore-proud-as-coal-surpasses-iron-ore-as-nation-s-biggest-export-20220708-p5b07a.html#:~:text=In%20a%20sign%20of%20coal%27s,first%20time%20in%2013%20years.>
> https://tinyurl.com/2h9xh94m
> In a sign of coal’s enduring near-term demand despite accelerating
> global action on emissions, data from the Australian Bureau of
> Statistics revealed earnings from coal shipments jumped to $14.7
> billion during May, surpassing iron ore for the first time in 13
> years.

That is nothing like your claim about NSW and Australia.

>>> Albo is committed to stopping coal exports.
>>
>> Bullshit.
>
> Not this time

Fraid so.

> <https://www.skynews.com.au/australia-news/politics/labors-hunter-candidate-grilled-over-impact-of-partys-safeguard-mechanism-on-coal-mines-and-whether-therell-be-a-levy/news-story/a15c7ebcd76d2acb656a23118d60a33f>
> https://tinyurl.com/2jc3rptr
> The impact of Labor's safeguard mechanism on coal mines has been
> called into question after remarks its candidate for the marginal
> electorate of Hunter made put him at odds with the party's climate
> representative.

Pity about what Albo told the coal miners.

Re: Morrison ministerial appointments

<te17a1$nnl$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7110&group=aus.legal#7110

From: max...@val.morgan (Max)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2022 10:34:09 +1000
 by: Max - Tue, 23 Aug 2022 00:34 UTC

On 23/08/2022 9:16 am, Rod Speed wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Aug 2022 08:56:46 +1000, Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 22 Aug 2022 21:20:28 +1000, "Rod Speed"
>> <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Bullshit.
>
>> A little bit maybe
>
> Totally in fact.
>
>> <https://www.smh.com.au/business/companies/glencore-proud-as-coal-surpasses-iron-ore-as-nation-s-biggest-export-20220708-p5b07a.html#:~:text=In%20a%20sign%20of%20coal%27s,first%20time%20in%2013%20years.>
>>
>>                  https://tinyurl.com/2h9xh94m
>> In a sign of coal’s enduring near-term demand despite accelerating
>> global action on emissions, data from the Australian Bureau of
>> Statistics revealed earnings from coal shipments jumped to $14.7
>> billion during May, surpassing iron ore for the first time in 13
>> years.
>
> That is nothing like your claim about NSW and Australia.

That article does say that coal mining revenue has surpassed iron ore in
Australia.

>>> Bullshit.
>>
>> Not this time
>
> Fraid so.
>
>> <https://www.skynews.com.au/australia-news/politics/labors-hunter-candidate-grilled-over-impact-of-partys-safeguard-mechanism-on-coal-mines-and-whether-therell-be-a-levy/news-story/a15c7ebcd76d2acb656a23118d60a33f>
>>
>>     https://tinyurl.com/2jc3rptr
>> The impact of Labor's safeguard mechanism on coal mines has been
>> called into question after remarks its candidate for the marginal
>> electorate of Hunter made put him at odds with the party's climate
>> representative.
>
> Pity about what Albo told the coal miners.

Re: Morrison ministerial appointments

<jmimjiF8ujrU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7111&group=aus.legal#7111

From: syl...@email.invalid (Sylvia Else)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2022 10:50:56 +1000
 by: Sylvia Else - Tue, 23 Aug 2022 00:50 UTC

On 22-Aug-22 9:49 am, Jayde Leeder wrote:
> I don't think there is anything wrong with what Scomo did, but anyway...
>
> IF they wanted to change the Law, What actual Law would need to be changed?
>
> How would they phrase it?

I don't think it's possible to prevent the GG from making secret
ministerial appointments without changing the constitution.

What could be done is to limit the powers of subsequent and/or secret
appointees, by causing them not to be construed as ministers for the
purpose of legislation.

Perhaps a change to the Acts Interpretation Act. Add section 16D.
Something like:

16D References to Ministers

1) In any act, a reference to a minister means a reference to a minister
whose appointment has been published in the Government Gazette

2) Notwithstanding subsection (1), a reference to a minister does not
include a reference to a second or subsequent minister who has been
appointed to administer a particular department, unless all previously
appointed ministers for that department have either resigned, been
dismissed, died or are otherwise incapable of performing their
ministerial functions.

There you are. Problem solved.

Sylvia.

Re: Morrison ministerial appointments

<op.1rbzp5vpbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7112&group=aus.legal#7112

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2022 11:57:31 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Tue, 23 Aug 2022 01:57 UTC

On Tue, 23 Aug 2022 10:34:09 +1000, Max <max@val.morgan> wrote:

> On 23/08/2022 9:16 am, Rod Speed wrote:
>> On Tue, 23 Aug 2022 08:56:46 +1000, Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> A little bit maybe
>> Totally in fact.
>>
>>> <https://www.smh.com.au/business/companies/glencore-proud-as-coal-surpasses-iron-ore-as-nation-s-biggest-export-20220708-p5b07a.html#:~:text=In%20a%20sign%20of%20coal%27s,first%20time%20in%2013%20years.>
>>> https://tinyurl.com/2h9xh94m
>>> In a sign of coal’s enduring near-term demand despite accelerating
>>> global action on emissions, data from the Australian Bureau of
>>> Statistics revealed earnings from coal shipments jumped to $14.7
>>> billion during May, surpassing iron ore for the first time in 13
>>> years.
>> That is nothing like your claim about NSW and Australia.
>>

> That article does say that coal mining revenue has surpassed iron ore in
> Australia.

But that is not what Petzl said, he claimed that NSW coal
mining revenue had surpassed AUSTRALIA'S iron ore revenue.

>>> Not this time
>> Fraid so.
>>
>>> <https://www.skynews.com.au/australia-news/politics/labors-hunter-candidate-grilled-over-impact-of-partys-safeguard-mechanism-on-coal-mines-and-whether-therell-be-a-levy/news-story/a15c7ebcd76d2acb656a23118d60a33f>
>>> https://tinyurl.com/2jc3rptr
>>> The impact of Labor's safeguard mechanism on coal mines has been
>>> called into question after remarks its candidate for the marginal
>>> electorate of Hunter made put him at odds with the party's climate
>>> representative.
>> Pity about what Albo told the coal miners.

Re: Morrison ministerial appointments

<op.1rbzv3yzbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7113&group=aus.legal#7113

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2022 12:01:05 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Tue, 23 Aug 2022 02:01 UTC

Sylvia Else <sylvia@email.invalid> wrote
> Jayde Leeder wrote

>> I don't think there is anything wrong with what Scomo did, but anyway...

>> IF they wanted to change the Law, What actual Law would need to be
>> changed?

>> How would they phrase it?

> I don't think it's possible to prevent the GG from making secret
> ministerial appointments without changing the constitution.

More fool you, of course that is possible.

> What could be done is to limit the powers of subsequent and/or secret
> appointees, by causing them not to be construed as ministers for the
> purpose of legislation.

Even sillier than you usually manage and that's saying something.