<knghtbrd> He's a about half the size of the others. <knghtbrd> But he's got a chainsaw.

aus+uk / uk.rec.sheds / Re: Marmite Moment(um)

SubjectAuthor
* Marmite Moment(um)Nicholas D. Richards
+- Marmite Moment(um)maus
+* Marmite Moment(um)Mike Fleming
|`* Marmite Moment(um)Nicholas D. Richards
| +* Marmite Moment(um)Nick Odell
| |`* Marmite Moment(um)Tone
| | +- Marmite Moment(um)Tease'n'Seize
| | `- Marmite Moment(um)Adrian Caspersz
| +- Marmite Moment(um)Chris Elvidge
| `- Marmite Moment(um)Mike Fleming
`- Marmite Moment(um)Brian Gaff \(Sofa\)

1
Marmite Moment(um)

<GIaOqaA8FA8hFAOj@salmiron.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7042&group=uk.rec.sheds#7042

From: nicho...@salmiron.com (Nicholas D. Richards)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Subject: Marmite Moment(um)
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2022 13:56:12 +0000
 by: Nicholas D. Richards - Tue, 25 Jan 2022 13:56 UTC

Is this one

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-60119599

I have had a few Marmite Moments when some kind soul, cuts a pile of
sandwiches which includes some marmite rounds thus tainting the whole
pile.

Bit like an occasion when with some mates went round to the house of one
of our number, to taste his first attempt at making beer.

We went cheers quick swaff and one of our number looked at the beer
maker and said, "what did you sterilize the bottles with?"

"TCP of course"
--
0sterc@tcher -

"Où sont les neiges d'antan?"

Re: Marmite Moment(um)

<slrnsv0bcs.8qd.maus@dmaus.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7044&group=uk.rec.sheds#7044

From: mau...@dmaus.org (maus)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Subject: Re: Marmite Moment(um)
Date: 25 Jan 2022 17:04:28 GMT
 by: maus - Tue, 25 Jan 2022 17:04 UTC

On 2022-01-25, Nicholas D. Richards <nicholas@salmiron.com> wrote:
> Is this one
>
> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-60119599
>
> I have had a few Marmite Moments when some kind soul, cuts a pile of
> sandwiches which includes some marmite rounds thus tainting the whole
> pile.
>
> Bit like an occasion when with some mates went round to the house of one
> of our number, to taste his first attempt at making beer.
>
> We went cheers quick swaff and one of our number looked at the beer
> maker and said, "what did you sterilize the bottles with?"
>
> "TCP of course"

Visiting a friend once, and his wife asked my if I would like a beer,
it was in the good old days, so I said "OK", she brought a bottle out,
poured it, and put it in front of me, and the two sat and looked at me.

"Why are you not drinking yourselves?"

"We dont drink, but wife made it, and we wonder if it all right."

--
greymausg@mail.com
That's not a mousehole!

Re: Marmite Moment(um)

<j5bkhlFldhfU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7060&group=uk.rec.sheds#7060

From: mik...@tauzero.co.uk (Mike Fleming)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2022 00:56:19 +0000
 by: Mike Fleming - Wed, 26 Jan 2022 00:56 UTC

On 25/01/2022 13:56, Nicholas D. Richards wrote:

> I have had a few Marmite Moments when some kind soul, cuts a pile of
> sandwiches which includes some marmite rounds thus tainting the whole
> pile.

That's terrible, wasting Marmite on the non-appreciative.

Once upon a time I was a lager drinker, back in the days when lager and
lime was a popular variant and the barperson would invariably stick the
tap nozzle into the liquid. I never liked being the next one served
after someone had had a lager and lime.

Re: Marmite Moment(um)

<ssqusg$7qa$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7064&group=uk.rec.sheds#7064

From: bria...@blueyonder.co.uk (Brian Gaff \(Sofa\))
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2022 07:57:01 -0000
 by: Brian Gaff \(Sofa\) - Wed, 26 Jan 2022 07:57 UTC

Hmm, well never heard of rinsing and leaving to air?

On the sandwiches, yes a lot of people do that sort of thing. They might as
well have used a guillotine from the office.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk
Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Nicholas D. Richards" <nicholas@salmiron.com> wrote in message
> Is this one
>
> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-60119599
>
> I have had a few Marmite Moments when some kind soul, cuts a pile of
> sandwiches which includes some marmite rounds thus tainting the whole
> pile.
>
> Bit like an occasion when with some mates went round to the house of one
> of our number, to taste his first attempt at making beer.
>
> We went cheers quick swaff and one of our number looked at the beer
> maker and said, "what did you sterilize the bottles with?"
>
> "TCP of course"
> --
> 0sterc@tcher -
>
> "O� sont les neiges d'antan?"

Re: Marmite Moment(um)

<jZIXOSA0iR8hFA7s@salmiron.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7067&group=uk.rec.sheds#7067

From: nicho...@salmiron.com (Nicholas D. Richards)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2022 09:47:32 +0000
 by: Nicholas D. Richards - Wed, 26 Jan 2022 09:47 UTC

In article <j5bkhlFldhfU1@mid.individual.net>, Mike Fleming
<mike@tauzero.co.uk> on Wed, 26 Jan 2022 at 00:56:19 awoke Nicholas
from his slumbers and wrote
>On 25/01/2022 13:56, Nicholas D. Richards wrote:
>>
>> I have had a few Marmite Moments when some kind soul, cuts a pile of
>> sandwiches which includes some marmite rounds thus tainting the whole
>> pile.
>
>That's terrible, wasting Marmite on the non-appreciative.
>
>Once upon a time I was a lager drinker, back in the days when lager and
>lime was a popular variant and the barperson would invariably stick the
>tap nozzle into the liquid. I never liked being the next one served
>after someone had had a lager and lime.

Yup, ditto. It used to be called a lager top, the clue being in the word
top. Too often it was a lime with lager on top. Those multi-soft drinker
dispensers were just as bad, you got a cola with a hint of lime.

I worked in a place which provided a trolley lady, buttered toast and
coffee served from a large coffee pot in the morning and buttered scones
and tea from the same toffee pot in the afternoon.

The afternoon tea always tasted of milky coffee. Now I love coffee and
tea but not cut with milk. On a lucky day the toast was not contaminated
with Marmite, instead it tasted of Bovril.
--
0sterc@tcher -

"Où sont les neiges d'antan?"

Re: Marmite Moment(um)

<quc2vgt5f69rrqarl1gnsofi31ve13937r@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7076&group=uk.rec.sheds#7076

From: nic...@themusicworkshop.plus.com (Nick Odell)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2022 11:47:16 +0000
 by: Nick Odell - Wed, 26 Jan 2022 11:47 UTC

On Wed, 26 Jan 2022 09:47:32 +0000, "Nicholas D. Richards"
<nicholas@salmiron.com> wrote:

>In article <j5bkhlFldhfU1@mid.individual.net>, Mike Fleming
><mike@tauzero.co.uk> on Wed, 26 Jan 2022 at 00:56:19 awoke Nicholas
>from his slumbers and wrote
>>On 25/01/2022 13:56, Nicholas D. Richards wrote:
>>>
>>> I have had a few Marmite Moments when some kind soul, cuts a pile of
>>> sandwiches which includes some marmite rounds thus tainting the whole
>>> pile.
>>
>>That's terrible, wasting Marmite on the non-appreciative.
>>
>>Once upon a time I was a lager drinker, back in the days when lager and
>>lime was a popular variant and the barperson would invariably stick the
>>tap nozzle into the liquid. I never liked being the next one served
>>after someone had had a lager and lime.
>
>Yup, ditto. It used to be called a lager top, the clue being in the word
>top. Too often it was a lime with lager on top. Those multi-soft drinker
>dispensers were just as bad, you got a cola with a hint of lime.
>
>I worked in a place which provided a trolley lady, buttered toast and
>coffee served from a large coffee pot in the morning and buttered scones
>and tea from the same toffee pot in the afternoon.
>
>The afternoon tea always tasted of milky coffee. Now I love coffee and
>tea but not cut with milk. On a lucky day the toast was not contaminated
>with Marmite, instead it tasted of Bovril.

Bah! You are as bad as my mother and father. When I was very, very
little I decided to surprise my parents by bringing them a morning
drink in bed. But should it be tea or should it be coffee, I wondered?
In the end I decided that, since they liked both, they would enjoy
both together even more.

Sadly, they didn't appreciate all the trouble I had gone to to please
them.

Nick

Re: Marmite Moment(um)

<ssrd83$4h6$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7081&group=uk.rec.sheds#7081

From: ema...@address.com (Tone)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2022 12:02:15 +0000
 by: Tone - Wed, 26 Jan 2022 12:02 UTC

On 26/01/2022 11:47, Nick Odell wrote:
> Bah! You are as bad as my mother and father. When I was very, very
> little I decided to surprise my parents by bringing them a morning
> drink in bed. But should it be tea or should it be coffee, I wondered?
> In the end I decided that, since they liked both, they would enjoy
> both together even more.
>
> Sadly, they didn't appreciate all the trouble I had gone to to please
> them.
>
> Nick

One April 1st I made my old man a cup of 'tea' from an Oxo cube and milk.

He wasn't amused.

Tone

Re: Marmite Moment(um)

<ssrdal$6q6$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7082&group=uk.rec.sheds#7082

From: chr...@mshome.net (Chris Elvidge)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2022 12:03:17 +0000
 by: Chris Elvidge - Wed, 26 Jan 2022 12:03 UTC

On 26/01/2022 09:47, Nicholas D. Richards wrote:
> In article <j5bkhlFldhfU1@mid.individual.net>, Mike Fleming
> <mike@tauzero.co.uk> on Wed, 26 Jan 2022 at 00:56:19 awoke Nicholas
> from his slumbers and wrote
>> On 25/01/2022 13:56, Nicholas D. Richards wrote:
>>>
>>> I have had a few Marmite Moments when some kind soul, cuts a pile of
>>> sandwiches which includes some marmite rounds thus tainting the whole
>>> pile.
>>
>> That's terrible, wasting Marmite on the non-appreciative.
>>
>> Once upon a time I was a lager drinker, back in the days when lager and
>> lime was a popular variant and the barperson would invariably stick the
>> tap nozzle into the liquid. I never liked being the next one served
>> after someone had had a lager and lime.
>
> Yup, ditto. It used to be called a lager top, the clue being in the word
> top. Too often it was a lime with lager on top. Those multi-soft drinker
> dispensers were just as bad, you got a cola with a hint of lime.

AIRI a lager top was a splash of lemonade on top of a (nearly) pint of
lager. Lager & lime was lager on top of a measure of (Roses) lime cordial.

> I worked in a place which provided a trolley lady, buttered toast and
> coffee served from a large coffee pot in the morning and buttered scones
> and tea from the same toffee pot in the afternoon.
>
> The afternoon tea always tasted of milky coffee. Now I love coffee and
> tea but not cut with milk. On a lucky day the toast was not contaminated
> with Marmite, instead it tasted of Bovril.

--
Chris Elvidge
England

Re: Marmite Moment(um)

<j6adnT3Pl6CT1Gz8nZ2dnUU7-WudnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7088&group=uk.rec.sheds#7088

Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2022 13:13:48 +0000
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
From: tease-an...@invalid (Tease'n'Seize)
 by: Tease'n'Se - Wed, 26 Jan 2022 13:13 UTC

Tone wrote:

> One April 1st I made my old man a cup of 'tea' from an Oxo cube and milk.

One evening I make my brother a glass of hot ribena, carefully mixing red and
blue food colouring as a substitute for the actual blackcurrant stuff.

> He wasn't amused.

He didn't notice.

Re: Marmite Moment(um)

<j5d130FtdoqU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7090&group=uk.rec.sheds#7090

From: ema...@here.invalid (Adrian Caspersz)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2022 13:36:32 +0000
 by: Adrian Caspersz - Wed, 26 Jan 2022 13:36 UTC

On 26/01/2022 12:02, Tone wrote:
> On 26/01/2022 11:47, Nick Odell wrote:
>> Bah! You are as bad as my mother and father. When I was very, very
>> little I decided to surprise my parents by bringing them a morning
>> drink in bed. But should it be tea or should it be coffee, I wondered?
>> In the end I decided that, since they liked both, they would enjoy
>> both together even more.
>>
>> Sadly, they didn't appreciate all the trouble I had gone to to please
>> them.
>>
>> Nick
>
> One April 1st I made my old man a cup of 'tea' from an Oxo cube and milk.
>
> He wasn't amused.
>
> Tone

My first birthday cake apparently looked great, but for some reason
Mother got distracted (me?) and made the icing with Bisto....

-&-

Beer -> Pig Feed[1] -> Marmite -> Beer[2]

[1] https://www.marmite.co.uk/journey.html
[2] https://shop.camdentownbrewery.com/products/marmite

--
Adrian C

Re: Marmite Moment(um)

<j5dgtaF1pkoU2@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7094&group=uk.rec.sheds#7094

From: mik...@tauzero.co.uk (Mike Fleming)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2022 18:06:33 +0000
 by: Mike Fleming - Wed, 26 Jan 2022 18:06 UTC

On 26/01/2022 09:47, Nicholas D. Richards wrote:
> In article <j5bkhlFldhfU1@mid.individual.net>, Mike Fleming
> <mike@tauzero.co.uk> on Wed, 26 Jan 2022 at 00:56:19 awoke Nicholas
> from his slumbers and wrote
>> On 25/01/2022 13:56, Nicholas D. Richards wrote:
>>>
>>> I have had a few Marmite Moments when some kind soul, cuts a pile of
>>> sandwiches which includes some marmite rounds thus tainting the whole
>>> pile.
>>
>> That's terrible, wasting Marmite on the non-appreciative.
>>
>> Once upon a time I was a lager drinker, back in the days when lager and
>> lime was a popular variant and the barperson would invariably stick the
>> tap nozzle into the liquid. I never liked being the next one served
>> after someone had had a lager and lime.
>
> Yup, ditto. It used to be called a lager top, the clue being in the word
> top. Too often it was a lime with lager on top. Those multi-soft drinker
> dispensers were just as bad, you got a cola with a hint of lime.

Lager top was (indeed is) lager with a dash of lemonade. Lager and lime
was not the same thing.