From: Leu...@blue.mountains.org (Mountain Magpie)
Newsgroups: aus.aviation
Subject: Why would you bother to fly overseas?
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2021 23:56:19 -0000
 by: Mountain Magpie - Mon, 4 Oct 2021 23:56 UTC

From today's 05/10/21 Oz

"Health Minister Greg Hunt has said that international flights could be
paused to countries that experience severe COVID-19 outbreaks in the
future, which could see Australian travellers again stranded overseas."

FFS who could take that risk & expense? Imagine a family stranded with
children.

Obviously a very poorly thought out remark.

Re: Why would you bother to fly overseas?

<is1mu1FhhsoU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=710&group=aus.aviation#710

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.aviation
Subject: Re: Why would you bother to fly overseas?
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2021 12:09:19 +1100
 by: Daryl - Tue, 5 Oct 2021 01:09 UTC

On 5/10/21 10:56 am, Mountain Magpie wrote:

> From today's 05/10/21 Oz
>
> "Health Minister Greg Hunt has said that international flights could be
> paused to countries that experience severe COVID-19 outbreaks in the
> future, which could see Australian travellers again stranded overseas."
>
> FFS who could take that risk & expense? Imagine a family stranded with
> children.
>
> Obviously a very poorly thought out remark.

I suspect that most of the international flights will be booked by
people either wanting to return to their homes OS or wanting to return
to their homes in Australia.
I want to travel OS again but my best guess for that is at least 12mths
away if not longer, this time next year at best or maybe not till 2023,
its anyone's guess at the moment, I certainly wouldn't go if there was
even the slightest chance of being stranded.

--
Daryl

Re: Why would you bother to fly overseas?

<is26j7Fka2fU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=711&group=aus.aviation#711

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.aviation
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2021 16:36:35 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Tue, 5 Oct 2021 05:36 UTC

Daryl <dwalford@westpine.com.au> wrote
> Mountain Magpie wrote

>> From today's 05/10/21 Oz
>>
>> "Health Minister Greg Hunt has said that international flights could be
>> paused to countries that experience severe COVID-19 outbreaks in the
>> future, which could see Australian travellers again stranded overseas."
>>
>> FFS who could take that risk & expense? Imagine a family stranded with
>> children.
>>
>> Obviously a very poorly thought out remark.
>>
> I suspect that most of the international flights will be booked by people
> either wanting to return to their homes OS or wanting to return to their
> homes in Australia.
> I want to travel OS again but my best guess for that is at least 12mths
> away if not longer, this time next year at best or maybe not till 2023,
> its anyone's guess at the moment, I certainly wouldn't go if there was
> even the slightest chance of being stranded.

Bet that’s the reason Hunt said that, to discourage stupid tourism.

Re: Why would you bother to fly overseas?

<is2eilFlooeU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=712&group=aus.aviation#712

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.aviation
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2021 18:52:51 +1100
 by: Daryl - Tue, 5 Oct 2021 07:52 UTC

On 5/10/21 4:36 pm, Rod Speed wrote:
> Daryl <dwalford@westpine.com.au> wrote
>> Mountain Magpie wrote
>
>>>  From today's 05/10/21 Oz
>>>
>>> "Health Minister Greg Hunt has said that international flights could be
>>> paused to countries that experience severe COVID-19 outbreaks in the
>>> future, which could see Australian travellers again stranded overseas."
>>>
>>> FFS who could take that risk & expense?  Imagine a family stranded with
>>> children.
>>>
>>> Obviously a very poorly thought out remark.
>>>
>> I suspect that most of the international flights will be booked by
>> people either wanting to return to their homes OS or wanting to return
>> to their homes in Australia.
>> I want to travel OS again but my best guess for that is at least
>> 12mths away if not longer, this time next year at best or maybe not
>> till 2023, its anyone's guess at the moment, I certainly wouldn't go
>> if there was even the slightest chance of being stranded.
>
> Bet that’s the reason Hunt said that, to discourage stupid tourism.

Could be, IMHO you would have to have a very compelling reason to travel
OS at the moment and I wouldn't think traveling to just be a tourist
would make a lot of sense.

--
Daryl

Re: Why would you bother to fly overseas?

<sjh46d$94n$8@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=713&group=aus.aviation#713

From: new...@woa.com.au (News 2021)
Newsgroups: aus.aviation
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2021 08:59:57 -0000 (UTC)
 by: News 2021 - Tue, 5 Oct 2021 08:59 UTC

On Tue, 05 Oct 2021 18:52:51 +1100, Daryl scribed:

> On 5/10/21 4:36 pm, Rod Speed wrote:
>> Daryl <dwalford@westpine.com.au> wrote
>>> Mountain Magpie wrote

>>> I suspect that most of the international flights will be booked by
>>> people either wanting to return to their homes OS or wanting to return
>>> to their homes in Australia.
>>> I want to travel OS again but my best guess for that is at least
>>> 12mths away if not longer, this time next year at best or maybe not
>>> till 2023, its anyone's guess at the moment, I certainly wouldn't go
>>> if there was even the slightest chance of being stranded.
>>
>> Bet that’s the reason Hunt said that, to discourage stupid tourism.
>

> Could be, IMHO you would have to have a very compelling reason to travel
> OS at the moment and I wouldn't think traveling to just be a tourist
> would make a lot of sense.

Who said the people wanting to do it are sensible.
the only reason to go on a cruise ship is to prop up the bar and go
shopping. Go figure.