From: pj...@jostle.com (Peter Jason)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Subject: Parking meter outrage!
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2022 07:19:38 +1000
 by: Peter Jason - Thu, 25 Aug 2022 21:19 UTC

I was slugged a huge fine at an expired parking meter.
I did everything right, like keying in the parking-bay number on the
parking robot and then attempted to insert little gold coins ($7/hr!!)
but could not do so because the slot was blocked. The robot
displayed a message "credit remaining on this parking bay" so I
assumed I'd be OK but still I attempted to add coins only find the
slot still blocked so I assumed the meter was broken.
Can I sue the parking-meter company?

Re: Parking meter outrage!

<op.1rg8c9wwbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7126&group=aus.legal#7126

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Subject: Re: Parking meter outrage!
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2022 07:52:11 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Thu, 25 Aug 2022 21:52 UTC

Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote

> I was slugged a huge fine at an expired parking meter.

How much exactly ?

> I did everything right, like keying in the parking-bay number on the
> parking robot and then attempted to insert little gold coins ($7/hr!!)

Hardly a huge fine.

> but could not do so because the slot was blocked. The robot
> displayed a message "credit remaining on this parking bay" so I
> assumed I'd be OK but still I attempted to add coins only find the
> slot still blocked so I assumed the meter was broken.

> Can I sue the parking-meter company?

You can sue anyone you like, but it would be stupid to
spend all that money to get out of such a trivial fine in
the very unlikely possibility that you might win the claim.

Re: Parking meter outrage!

<te8uks$1sff$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7127&group=aus.legal#7127

From: max...@val.morgan (Max)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2022 08:55:23 +1000
 by: Max - Thu, 25 Aug 2022 22:55 UTC

On 26/08/2022 7:52 am, Rod Speed wrote:
> Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote
>
>> I was slugged a huge fine at an expired parking meter.
>
> How much exactly ?
>
>> I did everything right, like keying in the parking-bay number on the
>> parking robot and then attempted to insert little gold coins ($7/hr!!)
>
> Hardly a huge fine.

It's obvious the fine would be far greater than the hourly charge, stupid.

>> but could not do so because the slot was blocked.   The robot
>> displayed a message "credit remaining on this parking bay" so I
>> assumed I'd be OK but still I attempted to add coins only find the
>> slot still blocked so I assumed the meter was broken.
>
>> Can I sue the parking-meter company?
>
> You can sue anyone you like, but it would be stupid to
> spend all that money to get out of such a trivial fine in
> the very unlikely possibility that you might win the claim.

Re: Parking meter outrage!

<8t1ggh1ufuvpi4ekmgvsgt8rr5p5le70a5@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7135&group=aus.legal#7135

From: pj...@jostle.com (Peter Jason)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2022 09:39:13 +1000
 by: Peter Jason - Thu, 25 Aug 2022 23:39 UTC

On Fri, 26 Aug 2022 07:52:11 +1000, "Rod Speed"
<rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:

>Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote
>
>> I was slugged a huge fine at an expired parking meter.
>
>How much exactly ?

$92.00....!!

>> I did everything right, like keying in the parking-bay number on the
>> parking robot and then attempted to insert little gold coins ($7/hr!!)
>
>Hardly a huge fine.

>> but could not do so because the slot was blocked. The robot
>> displayed a message "credit remaining on this parking bay" so I
>> assumed I'd be OK but still I attempted to add coins only find the
>> slot still blocked so I assumed the meter was broken.
>
>> Can I sue the parking-meter company?
>
>You can sue anyone you like, but it would be stupid to
>spend all that money to get out of such a trivial fine in
>the very unlikely possibility that you might win the claim.

Still, these meter manufacturers should be taught a lesson. We
working boys can hardly afford these amounts!

Re: Parking meter outrage!

<op.1rhejzjmbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7138&group=aus.legal#7138

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2022 10:05:49 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Fri, 26 Aug 2022 00:05 UTC

Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote
> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote
>> Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote

>>> I was slugged a huge fine at an expired parking meter.

>> How much exactly ?

> $92.00....!!

>>> I did everything right, like keying in the parking-bay number on the
>>> parking robot and then attempted to insert little gold coins ($7/hr!!)
>>> but could not do so because the slot was blocked. The robot
>>> displayed a message "credit remaining on this parking bay" so I
>>> assumed I'd be OK but still I attempted to add coins only find the
>>> slot still blocked so I assumed the meter was broken.

So you shouldn't have continued to park there.

>>> Can I sue the parking-meter company?

>> You can sue anyone you like, but it would be stupid to
>> spend all that money to get out of such a trivial fine in
>> the very unlikely possibility that you might win the claim.

> Still, these meter manufacturers should be taught a lesson.

That isn't a viable way to do that.

> We working boys can hardly afford these amounts!

There must be some way to get that fine reversed
if you didn't just fuck up completely. Try VCAT.

Re: Parking meter outrage!

<op.1rheu2pgbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7140&group=aus.legal#7140

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2022 10:12:28 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Fri, 26 Aug 2022 00:12 UTC

Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote
> Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote
>> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote
>>> Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote

>>> How much exactly ?

>> $92.00....!!

> So you shouldn't have continued to park there.

>>> You can sue anyone you like, but it would be stupid to
>>> spend all that money to get out of such a trivial fine in
>>> the very unlikely possibility that you might win the claim.

>> Still, these meter manufacturers should be taught a lesson.

> That isn't a viable way to do that.

>> We working boys can hardly afford these amounts!

> There must be some way to get that fine reversed
> if you didn't just fuck up completely. Try VCAT.

https://www.consumer.vic.gov.au/cars/parking-payment-notices-in-private-car-parks

aus+uk / aus.legal / Re: Parking meter outrage!