He knew the tavernes well in every toun. -- Geoffrey Chaucer

aus+uk / uk.media.radio.archers / spoiler 27/3/22

SubjectAuthor
* spoiler 27/3/22Vicky
+* spoiler 27/3/22Mike McMillan
|`- spoiler 27/3/22Philip Hole
+* spoiler 27/3/22Nick Odell
|`- spoiler 27/3/22Vicky
`* spoiler 27/3/22Penny
 +- spoiler 27/3/22Mike McMillan
 `* spoiler 27/3/22John Ashby
  +- spoiler 27/3/22Kate B
  +- spoiler 27/3/22Sid Nuncius
  `- spoiler 27/3/22J. P. Gilliver (John)

1
spoiler 27/3/22

<49034h94arml5ctdu1a7rih97fsg16ag33@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7141&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7141

From: vicky.ay...@gmail.com (Vicky)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: spoiler 27/3/22
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2022 10:39:59 +0100
 by: Vicky - Mon, 28 Mar 2022 09:39 UTC

Big of memory fail for Kate last night. She forgot how she punctured
the bouncy castle and polluted the swimming pool with Toby so he
missed taking 9 months pregnant Pip home by car as promised. She no
longer was a couple with him, although it was his baby, but next day
at the Bull Kate bragged about it to Pip.

Kate really is an unpleasant person. The other one is Susan. She
had a point about Lilian not losing a job but Lilian is not that
unpleasant to anyone, that I can recall, and Susan often is.

I just get annoyed when Kate or Susan speak! Alan sounded unlike
himself, and I did worry about Amy reading in church and the subject
for Alan's sermon. And Kate was unbelievable. But Alan is an
experienced counsellor and could have handled it better.

Re: spoiler 27/3/22

<t1s17n$mou$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7142&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7142

From: toodle.p...@virginmedia.com (Mike McMillan)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Re: spoiler 27/3/22
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2022 10:04:39 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:XW1qCndxnq6JuYtyzqxd0JQ7IqU=
 by: Mike McMillan - Mon, 28 Mar 2022 10:04 UTC

Vicky <vicky.ayech@gmail.com> wrote:
> Big of memory fail for Kate last night. She forgot how she punctured
> the bouncy castle and polluted the swimming pool with Toby so he
> missed taking 9 months pregnant Pip home by car as promised. She no
> longer was a couple with him, although it was his baby, but next day
> at the Bull Kate bragged about it to Pip.
>
> Kate really is an unpleasant person. The other one is Susan. She
> had a point about Lilian not losing a job but Lilian is not that
> unpleasant to anyone, that I can recall, and Susan often is.
>
> I just get annoyed when Kate or Susan speak! Alan sounded unlike
> himself, and I did worry about Amy reading in church and the subject
> for Alan's sermon. And Kate was unbelievable. But Alan is an
> experienced counsellor and could have handled it better.

If anyone starts a movement for the extermination of Kate and Alice … I’ll
be signee #1!

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan

Re: spoiler 27/3/22

<g5434h9nkgvlb0pbcsq4452usptocd71ee@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7143&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7143

From: nic...@themusicworkshop.plus.com (Nick Odell)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2022 11:50:06 +0100
 by: Nick Odell - Mon, 28 Mar 2022 10:50 UTC

On Mon, 28 Mar 2022 10:39:59 +0100, Vicky <vicky.ayech@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Big of memory fail for Kate last night. She forgot how she punctured
>the bouncy castle and polluted the swimming pool with Toby so he
>missed taking 9 months pregnant Pip home by car as promised. She no
>longer was a couple with him, although it was his baby, but next day
>at the Bull Kate bragged about it to Pip.
>
>Kate really is an unpleasant person. The other one is Susan. She
>had a point about Lilian not losing a job but Lilian is not that
>unpleasant to anyone, that I can recall, and Susan often is.

Back on the 8th March I spluttered with laughter over Susan's
insistence that she knew how to keep a secret but saying much the same
thing last night felt like the writer was trying to squeeze the last
dregs out of an old, tired joke.

>I just get annoyed when Kate or Susan speak! Alan sounded unlike
>himself, and I did worry about Amy reading in church and the subject
>for Alan's sermon. And Kate was unbelievable. But Alan is an
>experienced counsellor and could have handled it better.

A counsellor generally looks through the patient's notes then, by
appointment, sits down with the client and leads them through a
healing process. To deal with last night's eruption I should have
thought that Alan's skills would have needed to be more akin to a
hostage negotiator.

Nick

Re: spoiler 27/3/22

<5e534h5ead2r4bnkta3sbt6frao8q26mh7@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7144&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7144

From: vicky.ay...@gmail.com (Vicky)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2022 12:02:44 +0100
 by: Vicky - Mon, 28 Mar 2022 11:02 UTC

On Mon, 28 Mar 2022 11:50:06 +0100, Nick Odell
<nick@themusicworkshop.plus.com> wrote:

>On Mon, 28 Mar 2022 10:39:59 +0100, Vicky <vicky.ayech@gmail.com>
>wrote:
>
>>Big of memory fail for Kate last night. She forgot how she punctured
>>the bouncy castle and polluted the swimming pool with Toby so he
>>missed taking 9 months pregnant Pip home by car as promised. She no
>>longer was a couple with him, although it was his baby, but next day
>>at the Bull Kate bragged about it to Pip.
>>
>>Kate really is an unpleasant person. The other one is Susan. She
>>had a point about Lilian not losing a job but Lilian is not that
>>unpleasant to anyone, that I can recall, and Susan often is.
>>
>Back on the 8th March I spluttered with laughter over Susan's
>insistence that she knew how to keep a secret but saying much the same
>thing last night felt like the writer was trying to squeeze the last
>dregs out of an old, tired joke.
Yes

>>I just get annoyed when Kate or Susan speak! Alan sounded unlike
>>himself, and I did worry about Amy reading in church and the subject
>>for Alan's sermon. And Kate was unbelievable. But Alan is an
>>experienced counsellor and could have handled it better.
>
>A counsellor generally looks through the patient's notes then, by
>appointment, sits down with the client and leads them through a
>healing process. To deal with last night's eruption I should have
>thought that Alan's skills would have needed to be more akin to a
>hostage negotiator.
>
>Nick
LOL

Re: spoiler 27/3/22

<t1s5js$m5k$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7145&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7145

From: new...@theholefamily.org (Philip Hole)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2022 12:19:23 +0100
 by: Philip Hole - Mon, 28 Mar 2022 11:19 UTC

On 28/03/2022 11:04, Mike McMillan wrote:

> If anyone starts a movement for the extermination of Kate and Alice … I’ll
> be signee #1!

You will be signee#2 - unless you are offering. :-)

--
Flop

Re: spoiler 27/3/22

<87634hl01q3r6bnkec4km8g1udqf34v364@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7146&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7146

From: spa...@labyrinth.freeuk.com (Penny)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2022 12:23:20 +0100
 by: Penny - Mon, 28 Mar 2022 11:23 UTC

On Mon, 28 Mar 2022 10:39:59 +0100, Vicky <vicky.ayech@gmail.com> scrawled
in the dust...

>Big of memory fail for Kate last night. She forgot how she punctured
>the bouncy castle and polluted the swimming pool with Toby so he
>missed taking 9 months pregnant Pip home by car as promised. She no
>longer was a couple with him, although it was his baby, but next day
>at the Bull Kate bragged about it to Pip.

Kate's explosive public rant against Amy seems to me to be Keri Davies
redressing the balance of her, very unlikely, courteous stepping aside over
the rewilding job.

>Kate really is an unpleasant person. The other one is Susan. She
>had a point about Lilian not losing a job but Lilian is not that
>unpleasant to anyone, that I can recall, and Susan often is.

I grinned when Niel just cleared his throat when Susan was on about her
ability to keep a secret :)

>I just get annoyed when Kate or Susan speak!

Every soap^W FOTW documentary needs people you don't like.

>Alan sounded unlike
>himself, and I did worry about Amy reading in church and the subject
>for Alan's sermon. And Kate was unbelievable. But Alan is an
>experienced counsellor and could have handled it better.

Alan was pushed into Tiger Father role, at least he didn't slap her.
--
Penny
Annoyed by The Archers since 1959

Re: spoiler 27/3/22

<t1s725$2fj$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7147&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7147

From: toodle.p...@virginmedia.com (Mike McMillan)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2022 11:44:05 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:VT9IKnM8uyxm0g/xu6hlUAgXyiE=
 by: Mike McMillan - Mon, 28 Mar 2022 11:44 UTC

Penny <spam@labyrinth.freeuk.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Mar 2022 10:39:59 +0100, Vicky <vicky.ayech@gmail.com> scrawled
> in the dust...
>
>> Big of memory fail for Kate last night. She forgot how she punctured
>> the bouncy castle and polluted the swimming pool with Toby so he
>> missed taking 9 months pregnant Pip home by car as promised. She no
>> longer was a couple with him, although it was his baby, but next day
>> at the Bull Kate bragged about it to Pip.
>
> Kate's explosive public rant against Amy seems to me to be Keri Davies
> redressing the balance of her, very unlikely, courteous stepping aside over
> the rewilding job.
>
>> Kate really is an unpleasant person. The other one is Susan. She
>> had a point about Lilian not losing a job but Lilian is not that
>> unpleasant to anyone, that I can recall, and Susan often is.
>
> I grinned when Niel just cleared his throat when Susan was on about her
> ability to keep a secret :)
>
>> I just get annoyed when Kate or Susan speak!
>
> Every soap^W FOTW documentary needs people you don't like.
>
>> Alan sounded unlike
>> himself, and I did worry about Amy reading in church and the subject
>> for Alan's sermon. And Kate was unbelievable. But Alan is an
>> experienced counsellor and could have handled it better.
>
> Alan was pushed into Tiger Father role, at least he didn't slap her.

The Hand of God?

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan

Re: spoiler 27/3/22

<t1s9ip$l7d$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7148&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7148

From: johnashb...@yahoo.com (John Ashby)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2022 13:27:05 +0100
 by: John Ashby - Mon, 28 Mar 2022 12:27 UTC

On 28/03/2022 12:23, Penny wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Mar 2022 10:39:59 +0100, Vicky <vicky.ayech@gmail.com> scrawled
> in the dust...
>
>> Big of memory fail for Kate last night. She forgot how she punctured
>> the bouncy castle and polluted the swimming pool with Toby so he
>> missed taking 9 months pregnant Pip home by car as promised. She no
>> longer was a couple with him, although it was his baby, but next day
>> at the Bull Kate bragged about it to Pip.
>
> Kate's explosive public rant against Amy seems to me to be Keri Davies
> redressing the balance of her, very unlikely, courteous stepping aside over
> the rewilding job.
>
>> Kate really is an unpleasant person. The other one is Susan. She
>> had a point about Lilian not losing a job but Lilian is not that
>> unpleasant to anyone, that I can recall, and Susan often is.
>
> I grinned when Niel just cleared his throat when Susan was on about her
> ability to keep a secret :)
>
>> I just get annoyed when Kate or Susan speak!
>
> Every soap^W FOTW documentary needs people you don't like.
>
>> Alan sounded unlike
>> himself, and I did worry about Amy reading in church and the subject
>> for Alan's sermon. And Kate was unbelievable. But Alan is an
>> experienced counsellor and could have handled it better.
>
> Alan was pushed into Tiger Father role, at least he didn't slap her.

Kate is as dumb as a rock, sometimes.

john

Re: spoiler 27/3/22

<jae7tsF51ncU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7152&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7152

From: elv...@nospam.demon.co.uk (Kate B)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2022 18:00:45 +0100
 by: Kate B - Mon, 28 Mar 2022 17:00 UTC

On 28/03/2022 13:27, John Ashby wrote:
> On 28/03/2022 12:23, Penny wrote:
>> On Mon, 28 Mar 2022 10:39:59 +0100, Vicky <vicky.ayech@gmail.com>
>> scrawled
>> in the dust...
>>
>>> Big of memory fail for Kate last night. She forgot how she punctured
>>> the bouncy castle and polluted the swimming pool with Toby so he
>>> missed taking 9 months pregnant Pip home by car as promised.   She no
>>> longer was a couple with him, although it was his baby, but next day
>>> at the Bull Kate bragged about it to Pip.
>>
>> Kate's explosive public rant against Amy seems to me to be Keri Davies
>> redressing the balance of her, very unlikely, courteous stepping aside
>> over
>> the rewilding job.
>>
>>> Kate really is an unpleasant person.   The other one is Susan.  She
>>> had a point about Lilian not losing a job but Lilian is not that
>>> unpleasant to anyone, that I can recall, and Susan often is.
>>
>> I grinned when Niel just cleared his throat when Susan was on about her
>> ability to keep a secret :)
>>
>>> I just get annoyed when Kate or Susan speak!
>>
>> Every soap^W FOTW documentary needs people you don't like.
>>
>>> Alan sounded unlike
>>> himself, and I did worry about Amy reading in church and the subject
>>> for Alan's sermon.  And Kate was unbelievable. But Alan is an
>>> experienced counsellor and could have handled it better.
>>
>> Alan was pushed into Tiger Father role, at least he didn't slap her.
>
> Kate is as dumb as a rock, sometimes.
>
> john

Oh, well-played, John!

--
Kate B

Re: spoiler 27/3/22

<jaebvmF5qr8U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7153&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7153

From: nunc...@hotmail.co.uk (Sid Nuncius)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2022 19:09:58 +0100
 by: Sid Nuncius - Mon, 28 Mar 2022 18:09 UTC

On 28/03/2022 13:27, John Ashby wrote:
> On 28/03/2022 12:23, Penny wrote:

>> Alan was pushed into Tiger Father role, at least he didn't slap her.
>
> Kate is as dumb as a rock, sometimes.

:o))

But if it be thy Will...

--
Sid

Re: spoiler 27/3/22

<7O4O0AtPaiQiFwUQ@a.a>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7162&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7162

From: G6J...@255soft.uk (J. P. Gilliver (John))
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2022 22:20:15 +0100
 by: J. P. Gilliver (John - Mon, 28 Mar 2022 21:20 UTC

On Mon, 28 Mar 2022 at 13:27:05, John Ashby <johnashby20@yahoo.com>
wrote (my responses usually FOLLOW):
>On 28/03/2022 12:23, Penny wrote:
>> On Mon, 28 Mar 2022 10:39:59 +0100, Vicky <vicky.ayech@gmail.com> scrawled
>> in the dust...
>>
>>> Big of memory fail for Kate last night. She forgot how she punctured
>>> the bouncy castle and polluted the swimming pool with Toby so he
>>> missed taking 9 months pregnant Pip home by car as promised. She no
>>> longer was a couple with him, although it was his baby, but next day
>>> at the Bull Kate bragged about it to Pip.
>> Kate's explosive public rant against Amy seems to me to be Keri
>>Davies
>> redressing the balance of her, very unlikely, courteous stepping aside over
>> the rewilding job.

Very perceptive! I still can't accept the stepping-aside - it seemed so
out of character; I was waiting for her ulterior motive to come to
light, but it's been a while now. (Thought this _is_ TA - these things
sometimes take months or even years. But this didn't seem like something
that would, somehow.) And I didn't really think the going berserk was in
character either: I dislike Kate intensely, just don't think she'd
expend the _energy_ on going off like that. I wasn't really
concentrating at the time, and thought it was one of the younger ones -
I even thought it was Alice, drunk again, at one point.

>>> Kate really is an unpleasant person. The other one is Susan. She
>>> had a point about Lilian not losing a job but Lilian is not that
>>> unpleasant to anyone, that I can recall, and Susan often is.

Yes, times n. Lilian can be unfeeling, but hardly ever vicious.

>> I grinned when Niel just cleared his throat when Susan was on about
>>her
>> ability to keep a secret :)

Indeed. Though as anotherrat has said, they did seem to be over-milking
that "joke".

>>> I just get annoyed when Kate or Susan speak!
>> Every soap^W FOTW documentary needs people you don't like.

I think something similar is called Kafka-esque - where the listeners
just get more and more frustrated (though it more often applies to a
situation than a person). I hadn't realised that's what K'esque meant
until I actually heard a Kafka play, sometime in the last year or so.
[]
>> Alan was pushed into Tiger Father role, at least he didn't slap her.

Yes; he's only human.

>Kate is as dumb as a rock, sometimes.

Most of the time. In fact I can't think when she last wasn't - though
cunning at getting out of things (sometimes by, Putin-like, doing things
nobody would believe she would).

>john
John

If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed; if you do read the
newspaper you are misinformed. - Mark Twain