Going the speed of light is bad for your age.

aus+uk / uk.media.radio.archers / details from LFF for in line funeral of TNMF

SubjectAuthor
* details from LFF for in line funeral of TNMFChris
+- Re: details from LFF for in line funeral of TNMFVicky
+* Re: details from LFF for in line funeral of TNMFPenny
|+- Re: details from LFF for in line funeral of TNMFChris
|`- Re: details from LFF for in line funeral of TNMFVicky
`* Re: details from LFF for in line funeral of TNMFPenny
 `* Re: details from LFF for in line funeral of TNMFChris
  +* Re: details from LFF for in line funeral of TNMFPenny
  |`- Re: details from LFF for in line funeral of TNMFChris
  `* Re: details from LFF for in line funeral of TNMFKate B
   +* Re: details from LFF for in line funeral of TNMFPenny
   |`* Re: details from LFF for in line funeral of TNMFChris
   | `* Re: details from LFF for in line funeral of TNMFMike McMillan
   |  `* Re: details from LFF for in line funeral of TNMFChris
   |   `* Re: details from LFF for in line funeral of TNMFMin
   |    `- Re: details from LFF for in line funeral of TNMFChris
   `- Re: details from LFF for in line funeral of TNMFChris

1
details from LFF for in line funeral of TNMF

<t1sf0d$n5$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7149&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7149

From: chris.mc...@ntlworld.com (Chris)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: details from LFF for in line funeral of TNMF
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2022 13:59:41 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:5FuG83QshNSw1XeN5AyOJ0q46fU=
 by: Chris - Mon, 28 Mar 2022 13:59 UTC

Hi folks, I can't believe it's been a month since we lost TNMF, a month
since I received a 5pm call beginning "hello, I've got Gertie here" which
means it was someone who recognised her, because her name is not on the
tag, only my mobile number, and this usually meant something had happened
to Robin, anything from getting himself lost to collapsing.

He was out walking the dog, the occupation he loved more than anything
else. (Bing Crosby similarly died on the golf course; let's not extrapolate
to Elvis Presley). He had a massive heart attack and just fell down. The
caller said "I'm afraid it looks like he's passed away. Police and
ambulance are on their way". I started shaking, a lot, but checked where
they were, remembered to cancel the piano lesson due in 30 minutes,
remembered to lock the front door. It takes 10 minutes to get to the park,
but it felt like an hour, and all the time I was thinking it'll be a false
alarm, please say it was a false alarm. I phoned a friend who lives on the
way, and she came out for me and walked on ahead.

By the time I got there the air ambulance was hovering overhead and there
were two other ambulances and two police vehicles. Dozens of blue lights.
(His ex-wife, when I broke the news, said Oh, he would have loved that)
The police told me the helicopter was there because they had thought they
detected a faint pulse and for about a second and a half my brain said
"see? Told you" but then they said it had been intermittent and had
stopped. My poor old boy was spreadeagled naked on the cold ground (they
cut his clothes off, he wasn't a flasher) being pumped by a large machine
with paramedics at each corner feeling for a pulse, but when they stopped
there was none. So then a policewoman brought me and Gertie home in the car
and took down all his particulars. It was a Friday so it was two days
before anything was open - GP, registrar, coroner.

His leave-taking is on Wednesday 30 March, which would have been his 75th
birthday, 1:30pm at Cambridge Crematorium, and then at the Red Lion, two
doors down from our house, and at some stage he will be scattered in the
"Magic Wood", his name for the beechwood near Fulbourn where he used to
walk various dogs over the years.

Obviously we'd love Umrats to come, but for those who can't, there's a
webcast available, at www.wesleymedia.co.uk/webcast-view the PIN is
192-1795

I don't know if you need any other information, the event no. is 1067510.
Maybe soneone could try logging in early (you jyst get pretty pictures and
pretty music) and let me know if you need a o other info.

I'll try to find my way back to umra soon, I've been kept warm on facebook
by a dozen or so umratic friends.

I'm counting my blessings, which are many: TNMF's Alzheimer's was gathering
momentum and I was bracing myself for what was imminent: I would have liked
another year, indeed I would have loved another year of his increasingly
chaotic but sweet company, but I'm very aware of what he spared me.

I'm doing OK. Had a completely new kitchen just in time for Christmas, so
Robin got just two months out of that; it feels like playing house now I'm
on my own with Gertie. I've carried on teaching my couple of handfuls of
students. He's left me all hus money and everything, but heigh-ho,
everything was in a joint account, so I actually gain nothing.

Do think about coming to the funeral, even if it's just online. Please
check if the link I sent works. It does for me, but maybe it recognises me.

Cheers
LFF

Re: details from LFF for in line funeral of TNMF

<p1l34h1slnq5sgos3svk4r2kipjksufuhn@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7151&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7151

From: vicky.ay...@gmail.com (Vicky)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Re: details from LFF for in line funeral of TNMF
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2022 16:31:43 +0100
 by: Vicky - Mon, 28 Mar 2022 15:31 UTC

On Mon, 28 Mar 2022 13:59:41 -0000 (UTC), Chris
<chris.mcmillan@ntlworld.com> wrote:

>192-1795

Hi Lynda
I checked and the link works fine. I will try and watch during or
afterwards, but have an appointment at the eye hospital in the morning
just to check the cataract op went ok. Hopefully that won't take long.

I have been thinking of you and Robin and am glad you've got Gertie.
It's a shame we moved further away. I'd have liked to meet Robin and
Gertie out walking.
All the best xxx

Re: details from LFF for in line funeral of TNMF

<nba44hlg3qmgm97co96l27k5g2koccsrdb@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7163&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7163

From: spa...@labyrinth.freeuk.com (Penny)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2022 22:35:01 +0100
 by: Penny - Mon, 28 Mar 2022 21:35 UTC

On Mon, 28 Mar 2022 13:59:41 -0000 (UTC), Chris
<chris.mcmillan@ntlworld.com> scrawled in the dust...

>Hi folks, I can't believe it's been a month since we lost TNMF, a month
>since I received a 5pm call beginning "hello, I've got Gertie here" which
>means it was someone who recognised her, because her name is not on the
>tag, only my mobile number, and this usually meant something had happened
>to Robin,
[...]
Thanks for passing that on, Chris.

Linda sent me the link yesterday and I had no trouble logging on.

My second streamed funeral this month - ho hum.
--
Penny
Annoyed by The Archers since 1959

Re: details from LFF for in line funeral of TNMF

<t1vqkc$enm$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7187&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7187

From: chris.mc...@ntlworld.com (Chris)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2022 20:36:29 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:9L3slnjyjSZWN3zG5P6TD/zXfzE=
 by: Chris - Tue, 29 Mar 2022 20:36 UTC

Penny <spam@labyrinth.freeuk.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Mar 2022 13:59:41 -0000 (UTC), Chris
> <chris.mcmillan@ntlworld.com> scrawled in the dust...
>
>> Hi folks, I can't believe it's been a month since we lost TNMF, a month
>> since I received a 5pm call beginning "hello, I've got Gertie here" which
>> means it was someone who recognised her, because her name is not on the
>> tag, only my mobile number, and this usually meant something had happened
>> to Robin,
> [...]
> Thanks for passing that on, Chris.
>
> Linda sent me the link yesterday and I had no trouble logging on.
>
> My second streamed funeral this month - ho hum.

I didn’t have any trouble either.

Mrs McT

Re: details from LFF for in line funeral of TNMF

<1ol84hd6ovobusuajin0o4tg3sudau0h7f@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7197&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7197

From: spa...@labyrinth.freeuk.com (Penny)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2022 14:12:35 +0100
 by: Penny - Wed, 30 Mar 2022 13:12 UTC

On Mon, 28 Mar 2022 13:59:41 -0000 (UTC), Chris
<chris.mcmillan@ntlworld.com> scrawled in the dust...

>Do think about coming to the funeral, even if it's just online.

Finishing with The Doom Music (and the rest of Barwick Green) was a lovely
touch :)
--
Penny
Annoyed by The Archers since 1959

Re: details from LFF for in line funeral of TNMF

<t21mcs$uh2$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7198&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7198

From: chris.mc...@ntlworld.com (Chris)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2022 13:36:29 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:12VQT6J3v//aKQ6gk0Ma+PB6dvQ=
 by: Chris - Wed, 30 Mar 2022 13:36 UTC

Penny <spam@labyrinth.freeuk.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Mar 2022 13:59:41 -0000 (UTC), Chris
> <chris.mcmillan@ntlworld.com> scrawled in the dust...
>
>> Do think about coming to the funeral, even if it's just online.
>
> Finishing with The Doom Music (and the rest of Barwick Green) was a lovely
> touch :)

And explaining umra and umrat raised a titter.

It was a lovely humanist service. Linda had written a piece for clarinet
and piano for Robin which was played as the curtains were pulled.

Can’t tell you what piece was played as people settled at the start.
Hoping Kate Brown was watching. Opera. Robin’s older sister Sarah gave her
memories, and his younger sister Jill read s poem about a dog named Gertie.
Mistress of ceremonies was Alex.

The coffin was covered with something pale green. Too blurred for me to
see details, likewise I think one bouquet had pale pink flowers, the other
most likely cream ones.

We saw the back of Linda’s head, her daughters one each side of her, Chloe
next to them.

I couldn’t possibly do justice to Robin’s life. Long time umrats will
remember the coffee cam. One of Sarah’s memories having coffee from it.
Mention was made of his love of poltical cartoons, Prom concerts, again I
remember him talking of the CND marches.

There was a period before we met him when Robin didn’t work at the uni but
at Laser Scan - and he met The Who!! Sarah thought she’d misremembered
this but one of his colleagues with him was there and explained. Something
to do with an airline and projecting a laser onto a cloud but it didn’t
happen in case of copyright infringement. (Did I get that right, Penny?)

I do remember Robin telling us about circumventing the telephone charge
rates. He memorised every dialling code in the UK!!! That raised a
chuckle.

I particularly liked the final words Alex gave which were aimed at us as
much as farewell to Robin.

Mrs McT

Re: details from LFF for in line funeral of TNMF

<k8p84h1bvcecducl0qbhsbpl2qq3tm2776@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7202&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7202

From: spa...@labyrinth.freeuk.com (Penny)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2022 15:26:44 +0100
 by: Penny - Wed, 30 Mar 2022 14:26 UTC

On Wed, 30 Mar 2022 13:36:29 -0000 (UTC), Chris
<chris.mcmillan@ntlworld.com> scrawled in the dust...

>There was a period before we met him when Robin didn’t work at the uni but
>at Laser Scan - and he met The Who!! Sarah thought she’d misremembered
>this but one of his colleagues with him was there and explained. Something
>to do with an airline and projecting a laser onto a cloud but it didn’t
>happen in case of copyright infringement. (Did I get that right, Penny?)

Not quite - The Who wanted a laser image projected on the clouds (for a
music video, I think). Though they thought they could do it, the Laser Scan
chap said they projected the image on a building instead, for fear of being
sued by the airlines for blinding a pilot.

>I do remember Robin telling us about circumventing the telephone charge
>rates. He memorised every dialling code in the UK!!! That raised a
>chuckle.

That reminded me of the time I worked in the archives at my father's lab.
It was during that period (1970 or '71) when there was a strike or
something and you could not call directly STD between one area and another.
The phone rang in the office next door, and it rang and rang. I looked in
there, no one was around. I looked in my father's office, no one in there
either and no one in sight in the corridor. The phone was still ringing so
I answered it. The chap wanted to speak to my father. I said I wasn't sure
where he was but I could take a message. He started shouting at me about
the multiple numbers he had had to dial to make the call and how useless I
was, I don't think he even told me his name, I hung up.

--
Penny
Annoyed by The Archers since 1959

Re: details from LFF for in line funeral of TNMF

<jaj8spF410pU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7205&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7205

From: elv...@nospam.demon.co.uk (Kate B)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2022 15:47:54 +0100
 by: Kate B - Wed, 30 Mar 2022 14:47 UTC

On 30/03/2022 14:36, Chris wrote:
> Penny <spam@labyrinth.freeuk.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, 28 Mar 2022 13:59:41 -0000 (UTC), Chris
>> <chris.mcmillan@ntlworld.com> scrawled in the dust...
>>
>>> Do think about coming to the funeral, even if it's just online.
>>
>> Finishing with The Doom Music (and the rest of Barwick Green) was a lovely
>> touch :)
>
> And explaining umra and umrat raised a titter.
>
> It was a lovely humanist service. Linda had written a piece for clarinet
> and piano for Robin which was played as the curtains were pulled.
>
> Can’t tell you what piece was played as people settled at the start.
> Hoping Kate Brown was watching. Opera. Robin’s older sister Sarah gave her
> memories, and his younger sister Jill read s poem about a dog named Gertie.
> Mistress of ceremonies was Alex.
>
> The coffin was covered with something pale green. Too blurred for me to
> see details, likewise I think one bouquet had pale pink flowers, the other
> most likely cream ones.
>
> We saw the back of Linda’s head, her daughters one each side of her, Chloe
> next to them.
>
> I couldn’t possibly do justice to Robin’s life. Long time umrats will
> remember the coffee cam. One of Sarah’s memories having coffee from it.
> Mention was made of his love of poltical cartoons, Prom concerts, again I
> remember him talking of the CND marches.
>
> There was a period before we met him when Robin didn’t work at the uni but
> at Laser Scan - and he met The Who!! Sarah thought she’d misremembered
> this but one of his colleagues with him was there and explained. Something
> to do with an airline and projecting a laser onto a cloud but it didn’t
> happen in case of copyright infringement. (Did I get that right, Penny?)
>
> I do remember Robin telling us about circumventing the telephone charge
> rates. He memorised every dialling code in the UK!!! That raised a
> chuckle.
>
> I particularly liked the final words Alex gave which were aimed at us as
> much as farewell to Robin.
>
> Mrs McT

I missed watching it as it happened - events, events, grrr - but have
just caught up: that link still works and as I recall from other webcast
funerals, may stay up for a few days yet. My cousin's funeral last year,
at the same place, stayed up for at least a week. So if you missed it
too, there's another chance to see it.

The introductory music was 'Ruht wohl', the penultimate chorus from
Bach's St John Passion. A piece that goes straight to my heart too,
since it was also the opening music at the crematorium service for
Ralph. And for the moment when the coffin disappeared, a perfectly
lovely piece for clarinet and piano was played, which I think must have
been written by Linda herself. A Proms rendition of Jerusalem - Robin
loved Blake and also the Proms - featured as well, and Barwick Green
made for a wonderfully cathartic ending.

As well as Robin's sisters speaking, his daughter Chloe gave a splendid
account of his life. Chris has described the two flower sprays on the
coffin, and I think there was also a bunch of rosemary, for remembrance.

Though no-one explained the green covering...

--
Kate B

Re: details from LFF for in line funeral of TNMF

<78s84h9d27hbhos1tjj57i5f2dbga1rkcs@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7207&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7207

From: spa...@labyrinth.freeuk.com (Penny)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2022 16:02:58 +0100
 by: Penny - Wed, 30 Mar 2022 15:02 UTC

On Wed, 30 Mar 2022 15:47:54 +0100, Kate B <elvira@nospam.demon.co.uk>
scrawled in the dust...

>Though no-one explained the green covering...

I wondered if it was Gertie's blanket.
--
Penny
Annoyed by The Archers since 1959

Re: details from LFF for in line funeral of TNMF

<t21v3e$7t2$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7209&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7209

From: chris.mc...@ntlworld.com (Chris)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2022 16:05:02 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:mcGaBBX2KVEOXz/kOswFOrueBYc=
 by: Chris - Wed, 30 Mar 2022 16:05 UTC

Kate B <elvira@nospam.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> [...]
> too, there's another chance to see it.
>
> The introductory music was 'Ruht wohl', the penultimate chorus from
> Bach's St John Passion. A piece that goes straight to my heart too,
> since it was also the opening music at the crematorium service for
> Ralph. And for the moment when the coffin disappeared, a perfectly
> lovely piece for clarinet and piano was played, which I think must have
> been written by Linda herself. A Proms rendition of Jerusalem - Robin
> loved Blake and also the Proms - featured as well, and Barwick Green
> made for a wonderfully cathartic ending.
>
> As well as Robin's sisters speaking, his daughter Chloe gave a splendid
> account of his life. Chris has described the two flower sprays on the
> coffin, and I think there was also a bunch of rosemary, for remembrance.
>
> Though no-one explained the green covering...

I couldn’t see what that was, Kate. The other thing the head honcho
brought back almost as if he’d forgotten must have been a photo of Robin.
Way too out of focus. Hadn’t thought of rosemary. Yes, that piano and
clarinet was what was referred to earlier.

Sisters Sarah and Jill and his Chloe did his memory proud. Now all we need
is that poem about Gertie. As the celebrant put it: a dog had the last
word: and as it should be.

Very much depends on who the company is: how long it stays there. I had to
pay extra to have mum’s stay up at all and I decided not to at the time:
till I discovered our bandwidth was at fault and obviously I wanted to
watch it all: covid related warts n all. SomI put my hand in my pocket but
a number of people had missed it cos they were at work so it was worth it.
This one are on to a good thing. “Click here if you would like to buy it”.

Mrs McT

Re: details from LFF for in line funeral of TNMF

<t21v3f$7t2$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7210&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7210

From: chris.mc...@ntlworld.com (Chris)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2022 16:05:03 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:cPtxr+mjFg1dcghOhUJXPnmPI7U=
 by: Chris - Wed, 30 Mar 2022 16:05 UTC

Penny <spam@labyrinth.freeuk.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Mar 2022 15:47:54 +0100, Kate B <elvira@nospam.demon.co.uk>
> scrawled in the dust...
>
>> Though no-one explained the green covering...
>
> I wondered if it was Gertie's blanket.

Never thought of that.

Mrs McT

Re: details from LFF for in line funeral of TNMF

<t21v3f$7t2$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7211&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7211

From: chris.mc...@ntlworld.com (Chris)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2022 16:05:03 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:DZ6+b+8vPFPE7yJqhLOmg71KqI4=
 by: Chris - Wed, 30 Mar 2022 16:05 UTC

Penny <spam@labyrinth.freeuk.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Mar 2022 13:36:29 -0000 (UTC), Chris
> <chris.mcmillan@ntlworld.com> scrawled in the dust...
>
>> There was a period before we met him when Robin didn’t work at the uni but
>> at Laser Scan - and he met The Who!! Sarah thought she’d misremembered
>> this but one of his colleagues with him was there and explained. Something
>> to do with an airline and projecting a laser onto a cloud but it didn’t
>> happen in case of copyright infringement. (Did I get that right, Penny?)
>
> Not quite - The Who wanted a laser image projected on the clouds (for a
> music video, I think). Though they thought they could do it, the Laser Scan
> chap said they projected the image on a building instead, for fear of being
> sued by the airlines for blinding a pilot.
>

>> I do remember Robin telling us about circumventing the telephone charge
>> rates. He memorised every dialling code in the UK!!! That raised a
>> chuckle.
>
> That reminded me of the time I worked in the archives at my father's lab.
> It was during that period (1970 or '71) when there was a strike or
> something and you could not call directly STD between one area and another.
> The phone rang in the office next door, and it rang and rang. I looked in
> there, no one was around. I looked in my father's office, no one in there
> either and no one in sight in the corridor. The phone was still ringing so
> I answered it. The chap wanted to speak to my father. I said I wasn't sure
> where he was but I could take a message. He started shouting at me about
> the multiple numbers he had had to dial to make the call and how useless I
> was, I don't think he even told me his name, I hung up.
>
>> I particularly liked the final words Alex gave which were aimed at us as
>> much as farewell to Robin.

Oh thanks Penny. Even with my hearing aids in, I couldn’t hear 100%.

The thought of Robin hobnobbing with The Who is mind boggling knowing him
but in his looks he would have fitted the scene seamlessly. It would have
been a priceless photo.

Mrs McT

Re: details from LFF for in line funeral of TNMF

<t220f9$j9v$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7212&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7212

From: toodle.p...@virginmedia.com (Mike McMillan)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2022 16:28:25 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:CpDCwYnHzRo3sUurTosM2uM5fXY=
 by: Mike McMillan - Wed, 30 Mar 2022 16:28 UTC

Chris <chris.mcmillan@ntlworld.com> wrote:
> Penny <spam@labyrinth.freeuk.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, 30 Mar 2022 15:47:54 +0100, Kate B <elvira@nospam.demon.co.uk>
>> scrawled in the dust...
>>
>>> Though no-one explained the green covering...
>>
>> I wondered if it was Gertie's blanket.
>
> Never thought of that.
>
> Mrs McT

I hope it was Barwick Green?

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan

Re: details from LFF for in line funeral of TNMF

<t224qi$nph$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7214&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7214

From: chris.mc...@ntlworld.com (Chris)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2022 17:42:42 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:oivSfHMQhHHAVplQsC/2q48qilI=
 by: Chris - Wed, 30 Mar 2022 17:42 UTC

Mike McMillan <toodle.pip1@virginmedia.com> wrote:
> Chris <chris.mcmillan@ntlworld.com> wrote:
>> Penny <spam@labyrinth.freeuk.com> wrote:
>>> On Wed, 30 Mar 2022 15:47:54 +0100, Kate B <elvira@nospam.demon.co.uk>
>>> scrawled in the dust...

>>> I wondered if it was Gertie's blanket.
>>
>> Never thought of that.
>>
>> Mrs McT
>>

> I hope it was Barwick Green?

That depends in your idea of Barwick Green. It wasn’t the colour of our
tee shorts etc.

Mrs McT

Re: details from LFF for in line funeral of TNMF

<9cae5f85-3a66-4f09-8607-fcfc58eeb574n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7218&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7218

Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2022 19:21:49 -0700 (PDT)
From: quiz.bea...@googlemail.com (Min)
 by: Min - Thu, 31 Mar 2022 02:21 UTC

On Wednesday, 30 March 2022 at 18:42:44 UTC+1, Chris wrote:
> Mike McMillan <toodl...@virginmedia.com> wrote:
> > Chris <chris.m...@ntlworld.com> wrote:

> >> Never thought of that.
> >>
> >> Mrs McT
> >>

> > I hope it was Barwick Green?
> >
> That depends in your idea of Barwick Green. It wasn’t the colour of our
> tee shorts etc.
>
> Mrs McT
Just got back to umra (sorry, I've had a very rough month with Narcolepsy being
even more of an embuggerance than usual). Lovely service - so very TNMF.
I wish I'd had the wits at the time to suggest Humanist for Dad. Alex got one
(and the celebrant was wonderful_) but I was not aware filming it was a thing (if
it was in 2013...) Dad did get 'Jerusalem' and Alex too went out to 'Barwick Green'.
Deepest sympathy, Linda - and GNU TNMF.
--
Min

Re: details from LFF for in line funeral of TNMF

<t23oq2$bp1$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7227&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7227

From: chris.mc...@ntlworld.com (Chris)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2022 08:29:54 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:ZyQaRj0LQSgHDxhCtwpIxbS/CNo=
 by: Chris - Thu, 31 Mar 2022 08:29 UTC

Min <quiz.beagle@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday, 30 March 2022 at 18:42:44 UTC+1, Chris wrote:
>> Mike McMillan <toodl...@virginmedia.com> wrote:

>>> I hope it was Barwick Green?
>>>
>> That depends in your idea of Barwick Green. It wasn’t the colour of our
>> tee shorts etc.
>>
>> Mrs McT
> Just got back to umra (sorry, I've had a very rough month with Narcolepsy being
> even more of an embuggerance than usual). Lovely service - so very TNMF.
> I wish I'd had the wits at the time to suggest Humanist for Dad. Alex got one
> (and the celebrant was wonderful_) but I was not aware filming it was a thing (if
> it was in 2013...) Dad did get 'Jerusalem' and Alex too went out to 'Barwick Green'.
> Deepest sympathy, Linda - and GNU TNMF.

I’ll send this to Linda, Min. She can’t get on here using her phone except
the dratted Googlegropes

Mrs McT

Re: details from LFF for in line funeral of TNMF

<4usa4h9fi28ghimpoi6645255i3u59qieh@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7235&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7235

From: vicky.ay...@gmail.com (Vicky)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2022 10:29:48 +0100
 by: Vicky - Thu, 31 Mar 2022 09:29 UTC

On Mon, 28 Mar 2022 22:35:01 +0100, Penny <spam@labyrinth.freeuk.com>
wrote:

>On Mon, 28 Mar 2022 13:59:41 -0000 (UTC), Chris
><chris.mcmillan@ntlworld.com> scrawled in the dust...
>
>>Hi folks, I can't believe it's been a month since we lost TNMF, a month
>>since I received a 5pm call beginning "hello, I've got Gertie here" which
>>means it was someone who recognised her, because her name is not on the
>>tag, only my mobile number, and this usually meant something had happened
>>to Robin,
>[...]
>Thanks for passing that on, Chris.
>
>Linda sent me the link yesterday and I had no trouble logging on.
>
>My second streamed funeral this month - ho hum.

I have just watched. It was good to end with Gertie. Thank you
again, Chris, for the link details. The last time I saw Robin and
Linda we were a quiz team in a pub. Then we moved away. I wish I'd
met Gertie.