Woman inspires us to great things, and prevents us from achieving them. -- Dumas

aus+uk / uk.d-i-y / what is wrong with UK

SubjectAuthor
* what is wrong with UKJim Stewart ...
+* Re: what is wrong with UKFredxx
|+- Re: what is wrong with UKRod Speed
|`* Re: what is wrong with UKBrian Gaff
| +* Re: what is wrong with UKMax Demian
| |+* Re: what is wrong with UKSteveW
| ||`- Re: what is wrong with UKzall
| |`- Re: what is wrong with UKRod Speed
| `- Re: what is wrong with UKFredxx
+- Re: what is wrong with UKFakir Neejit
+- Re: what is wrong with UKabdul black
+- Re: what is wrong with UKRod Speed
`* Re: what is wrong with UKCursitor Doom
 `* Re: what is wrong with UKPomegranate Bastard
  `* Re: what is wrong with UKCursitor Doom
   `* Re: what is wrong with UKPomegranate Bastard
    `* Re: what is wrong with UKRod Speed
     `* Re: what is wrong with UKBob Martin
      `- Re: what is wrong with UKRod Speed

1
what is wrong with UK

<thh139$2kead$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=71744&group=uk.d-i-y#71744

From: kinvig.n...@ntlworld.com (Jim Stewart ...)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Subject: what is wrong with UK
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2022 11:15:06 +0100
 by: Jim Stewart ... - Tue, 4 Oct 2022 10:15 UTC

what is wrong with UK

overcrowded and immigration out of control

green agenda

EU still has control

wokeism has taken over free speech / any criticism

we do not produce anything

education has failed

people are not forced to work for their state benefits (I exclude those
who are ill / handicapped)

and the UK populace solution will be vote labour who will........

invite more immigration

will accelerate and increase crippling green laws

cow tow more to EU with aim of rejoining and paying more billions to them

will introduce more woke laws to curb any criticism / dissent

will chase business out of UK with high taxes and employment laws

will drive education down further and have male teachers / pupils in skirts

will hand out more unaffordable benefits

Re: what is wrong with UK

<thh2lh$2kmin$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=71750&group=uk.d-i-y#71750

From: fre...@spam.uk (Fredxx)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Subject: Re: what is wrong with UK
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2022 11:41:54 +0100
 by: Fredxx - Tue, 4 Oct 2022 10:41 UTC

On 04/10/2022 11:15, Jim Stewart ... wrote:
> what is wrong with UK
>
> overcrowded and immigration out of control
>
> green agenda
>
> EU still has control
>
> wokeism has taken over free speech / any criticism
>
> we do not produce anything
>
> education has failed
>
> people are not forced to work for their state benefits (I exclude those
> who are ill / handicapped)
>

> and the UK populace solution will be vote labour who will........
>
> invite more immigration
>
> will accelerate and increase crippling green laws
>
> cow tow more to EU with aim of rejoining and paying more billions to them
>
> will introduce more woke laws to curb any criticism / dissent
>
> will chase business out of UK with high taxes and employment laws
>
> will drive education down further and have male teachers / pupils in skirts
>
> will hand out more unaffordable benefits

Are these your views? I don't know anyone else with them.

Re: what is wrong with UK

<hd6ojh9cbchho81lahvev8lvvdjti6uvnm@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=71754&group=uk.d-i-y#71754

From: fakir.ne...@aol.com (Fakir Neejit)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2022 12:32:31 +0100
 by: Fakir Neejit - Tue, 4 Oct 2022 11:32 UTC

On Tue, 4 Oct 2022 11:15:06 +0100, "Jim Stewart ..."
<kinvig.netta@ntlworld.com> wrote:

>what is wrong with UK
>
>overcrowded and immigration out of control
>
>green agenda
>
>EU still has control
>
>wokeism has taken over free speech / any criticism
>
>we do not produce anything
>
>education has failed
>
>people are not forced to work for their state benefits (I exclude those
>who are ill / handicapped)
>

>and the UK populace solution will be vote labour who will........
>
>invite more immigration
>
>will accelerate and increase crippling green laws
>
>cow tow more to EU with aim of rejoining and paying more billions to them
>
>will introduce more woke laws to curb any criticism / dissent
>
>will chase business out of UK with high taxes and employment laws
>
>will drive education down further and have male teachers / pupils in skirts
>
>will hand out more unaffordable benefits

All looks pretty good to me :-)

Re: what is wrong with UK

<thh9le$2ldio$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=71760&group=uk.d-i-y#71760

From: Abdul_Si...@crazyworld.org (abdul black)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2022 12:41:18 -0000 (UTC)
 by: abdul black - Tue, 4 Oct 2022 12:41 UTC

On Tue, 04 Oct 2022 11:15:06 +0100, Jim Stewart ... wrote:

> what is wrong with UK
>
> overcrowded and immigration out of control
>
> green agenda
>
> EU still has control
>
> wokeism has taken over free speech / any criticism
>
> we do not produce anything
>
> education has failed
>
> people are not forced to work for their state benefits (I exclude those
> who are ill / handicapped)
>

> and the UK populace solution will be vote labour who will........
>
> invite more immigration
>
> will accelerate and increase crippling green laws
>
> cow tow more to EU with aim of rejoining and paying more billions to
> them
>
> will introduce more woke laws to curb any criticism / dissent
>
> will chase business out of UK with high taxes and employment laws
>
> will drive education down further and have male teachers / pupils in
> skirts
>
> will hand out more unaffordable benefits

Dis am ok man.

Re: what is wrong with UK

<op.1tistpqibyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=71780&group=uk.d-i-y#71780

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2022 02:18:51 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Tue, 4 Oct 2022 15:18 UTC

Jim Stewart ... <kinvig.netta@ntlworld.com> wrote

> what is wrong with UK

Too many cross dressing hairy legged haggis rapers.

> overcrowded and immigration out of control

> green agenda

> EU still has control

Nope, dope.

> wokeism has taken over free speech / any criticism

Must be why they had you executed.

> we do not produce anything

Still make some decent docos and stuff like Foyles Law
and even very decent aircraft engines and wings and
FAR better single malt scotch than anyone else.

> education has failed

It never succeeded, you lot are too stupid.

> people are not forced to work for their state benefits

Yeah, bludgers like you get a free ride and free food handouts.

> (I exclude those who are ill / handicapped)

And the haggis rapers.

> and the UK populace solution will be vote labour who will........

> invite more immigration

Specially black and brown ones.

> will accelerate and increase crippling green laws

Yep, no more raping of those poor haggises.

You will have to use the stang's exhaust pipe.

> cow tow more to EU with aim of rejoining and paying more billions to them

Even Labour isn't actually THAT stupid.

> will introduce more woke laws to curb any criticism / dissent

Yep, off to the gulag for you, boy.

> will chase business out of UK with high taxes and employment laws

Best place for them.

> will drive education down further and have male teachers / pupils in
> skirts

Yeah, how dare they steal that from you cross dressing hairy legged haggis
rapers.

> will hand out more unaffordable benefits

Yep, caviar for you instead of cans of baked beans.

And you will feed it to the cat.

Re: what is wrong with UK

<op.1tis0wajbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=71782&group=uk.d-i-y#71782

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2022 02:23:10 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Tue, 4 Oct 2022 15:23 UTC

On Tue, 04 Oct 2022 21:41:54 +1100, Fredxx <fredxx@spam.uk> wrote:

> On 04/10/2022 11:15, Jim Stewart ... wrote:
>> what is wrong with UK
>> overcrowded and immigration out of control
>> green agenda
>> EU still has control
>> wokeism has taken over free speech / any criticism
>> we do not produce anything
>> education has failed
>> people are not forced to work for their state benefits (I exclude
>> those who are ill / handicapped)
>> and the UK populace solution will be vote labour who will........
>> invite more immigration
>> will accelerate and increase crippling green laws
>> cow tow more to EU with aim of rejoining and paying more billions to
>> them
>> will introduce more woke laws to curb any criticism / dissent
>> will chase business out of UK with high taxes and employment laws
>> will drive education down further and have male teachers / pupils in
>> skirts
>> will hand out more unaffordable benefits

> Are these your views?

Nope, those are the views of his haggises.

> I don't know anyone else with them.

Then you need to get out more.

Re: what is wrong with UK

<30vojh1j4fkrion6rgad9m36j8h17dqq4m@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=71799&group=uk.d-i-y#71799

From: cd...@notformail.com (Cursitor Doom)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2022 19:33:50 +0100
 by: Cursitor Doom - Tue, 4 Oct 2022 18:33 UTC

On Tue, 4 Oct 2022 11:15:06 +0100, "Jim Stewart ..."
<kinvig.netta@ntlworld.com> wrote:

>what is wrong with UK
>
>overcrowded and immigration out of control
>
>green agenda
>
>EU still has control
>
>wokeism has taken over free speech / any criticism
>
>we do not produce anything
>
>education has failed
>
>people are not forced to work for their state benefits (I exclude those
>who are ill / handicapped)
>

>and the UK populace solution will be vote labour who will........
>
>invite more immigration
>
>will accelerate and increase crippling green laws
>
>cow tow more to EU with aim of rejoining and paying more billions to them
>
>will introduce more woke laws to curb any criticism / dissent
>
>will chase business out of UK with high taxes and employment laws
>
>will drive education down further and have male teachers / pupils in skirts
>
>will hand out more unaffordable benefits

It doesn't really matter who gets in as the final result will be the
same: eventual demise. The only difference is the time it will take.
Labour will reach the destination first, but the Tories will get there
sooner or later too.

Re: what is wrong with UK

<thjnsn$2v9hh$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=71875&group=uk.d-i-y#71875

From: brian1g...@gmail.com (Brian Gaff)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2022 11:56:20 +0100
 by: Brian Gaff - Wed, 5 Oct 2022 10:56 UTC

I personally think its people who cannot use punctuation when they write,
myself. You cannot use the word Handicapped any more it means begging, ie
cap in hand.
Actually its not a case of forcing disabled to work, its educating
employers to take people on who have a disability For many years must have a
clean driving licence was code for must be able to drive which excludes all
blind people and a good deal of others with motor issues, motor as in limb
control etc, and those with learning difficulties and who may have
challenging behaviour, not considered normal, whatever that may even mean.
Brian

--

--:
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
"Fredxx" <fredxx@spam.uk> wrote in message
> On 04/10/2022 11:15, Jim Stewart ... wrote:
>> what is wrong with UK
>>
>> overcrowded and immigration out of control
>>
>> green agenda
>>
>> EU still has control
>>
>> wokeism has taken over free speech / any criticism
>>
>> we do not produce anything
>>
>> education has failed
>>
>> people are not forced to work for their state benefits (I exclude those
>> who are ill / handicapped)
>>

>> and the UK populace solution will be vote labour who will........
>>
>> invite more immigration
>>
>> will accelerate and increase crippling green laws
>>
>> cow tow more to EU with aim of rejoining and paying more billions to them
>>
>> will introduce more woke laws to curb any criticism / dissent
>>
>> will chase business out of UK with high taxes and employment laws
>>
>> will drive education down further and have male teachers / pupils in
>> skirts
>>
>> will hand out more unaffordable benefits
>

> Are these your views? I don't know anyone else with them.

Re: what is wrong with UK

<thjodi$2v52q$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=71878&group=uk.d-i-y#71878

From: max_dem...@bigfoot.com (Max Demian)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2022 12:05:23 +0100
 by: Max Demian - Wed, 5 Oct 2022 11:05 UTC

On 05/10/2022 11:56, Brian Gaff wrote:

> I personally think its people who cannot use punctuation when they write,
> myself. You cannot use the word Handicapped any more it means begging, ie
> cap in hand.

Actually "From hand-in-cap, in reference to holding the game stakes in a
cap." So it's a sporting reference, as in letting slow runners start
first. (Wiktionary)

> Actually its not a case of forcing disabled to work, its educating
> employers to take people on who have a disability For many years must have a
> clean driving licence was code for must be able to drive which excludes all
> blind people and a good deal of others with motor issues, motor as in limb
> control etc, and those with learning difficulties and who may have
> challenging behaviour, not considered normal, whatever that may even mean.

I would have thought that "must have a clean driving licence" is code
for "you may have to drive as part of your job."

--
Max Demian

Re: what is wrong with UK

<29qqjhlke3p232unc3oc25g53edpl03jc9@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=71884&group=uk.d-i-y#71884

From: pom...@dsl.pipex.com (Pomegranate Bastard)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2022 12:23:50 +0100
 by: Pomegranate Bastard - Wed, 5 Oct 2022 11:23 UTC

On Tue, 04 Oct 2022 19:33:50 +0100, Cursitor Doom <cd@notformail.com>
wrote:

>On Tue, 4 Oct 2022 11:15:06 +0100, "Jim Stewart ..."
><kinvig.netta@ntlworld.com> wrote:
>
>>what is wrong with UK
>>
>>overcrowded and immigration out of control
>>
>>green agenda
>>
>>EU still has control
>>
>>wokeism has taken over free speech / any criticism
>>
>>we do not produce anything
>>
>>education has failed
>>
>>people are not forced to work for their state benefits (I exclude those
>>who are ill / handicapped)
>>

>>and the UK populace solution will be vote labour who will........
>>
>>invite more immigration
>>
>>will accelerate and increase crippling green laws
>>
>>cow tow more to EU with aim of rejoining and paying more billions to them
>>
>>will introduce more woke laws to curb any criticism / dissent
>>
>>will chase business out of UK with high taxes and employment laws
>>
>>will drive education down further and have male teachers / pupils in skirts
>>
>>will hand out more unaffordable benefits
>
>It doesn't really matter who gets in as the final result will be the
>same: eventual demise. The only difference is the time it will take.
>Labour will reach the destination first, but the Tories will get there
>sooner or later too.

Why does it matter to you, a foreigner?

Re: what is wrong with UK

<thk7v0$30oen$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=71931&group=uk.d-i-y#71931

From: ste...@walker-family.me.uk (SteveW)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2022 16:30:40 +0100
 by: SteveW - Wed, 5 Oct 2022 15:30 UTC

On 05/10/2022 12:05, Max Demian wrote:
> On 05/10/2022 11:56, Brian Gaff wrote:
>
>> I personally think its people who cannot use punctuation when they write,
>> myself. You cannot use the word Handicapped any more it means begging, ie
>> cap in hand.
>
> Actually "From hand-in-cap, in reference to holding the game stakes in a
> cap." So it's a sporting reference, as in letting slow runners start
> first. (Wiktionary)
>
>>   Actually its not a case of forcing disabled to work, its educating
>> employers to take people on who have a disability For many years must
>> have a
>> clean driving licence was code for must be able to drive which
>> excludes all
>> blind people and a good deal of others with motor issues, motor as in
>> limb
>> control etc, and those with learning difficulties and who may have
>> challenging behaviour, not considered normal, whatever that may even
>> mean.
>
> I would have thought that "must have a clean driving licence" is code
> for "you may have to drive as part of your job."

Yes. If I were a small employer, I'd prefer people who drive - it's not
at all unusual for a secretary to be asked to pick a client up from the
railway station or an administrator to nip out for some urgently needed
printer ink. Driving may not be part of the job, but it adds a lot of
flexibility.

Re: what is wrong with UK

<op.1tk03ds7byq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=71997&group=uk.d-i-y#71997

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2022 07:12:39 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Wed, 5 Oct 2022 20:12 UTC

Max Demian <max_demian@bigfoot.com> wrote
> Brian Gaff wrote

>> Actually its not a case of forcing disabled to work, its educating
>> employers to take people on who have a disability For many years must
>> have a
>> clean driving licence was code for must be able to drive which excludes
>> all
>> blind people and a good deal of others with motor issues, motor as in
>> limb
>> control etc, and those with learning difficulties and who may have
>> challenging behaviour, not considered normal, whatever that may even
>> mean.

> I would have thought that "must have a clean driving licence" is code
> for "you may have to drive as part of your job."

It might also be a way of excluding those who choose to flout the traffic
laws.

Corse it is unlikely that they care now with labor so hard to find.

Re: what is wrong with UK

<op.1tk5wxaeffmuo7@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=72025&group=uk.d-i-y#72025

From: zall...@gmail.com (zall)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2022 08:56:47 +1100
 by: zall - Wed, 5 Oct 2022 21:56 UTC

On Thu, 06 Oct 2022 02:30:40 +1100, SteveW <steve@walker-family.me.uk>
wrote:

> On 05/10/2022 12:05, Max Demian wrote:
>> On 05/10/2022 11:56, Brian Gaff wrote:
>>
>>> I personally think its people who cannot use punctuation when they
>>> write,
>>> myself. You cannot use the word Handicapped any more it means begging,
>>> ie
>>> cap in hand.
>> Actually "From hand-in-cap, in reference to holding the game stakes in
>> a cap." So it's a sporting reference, as in letting slow runners start
>> first. (Wiktionary)
>>
>>> Actually its not a case of forcing disabled to work, its educating
>>> employers to take people on who have a disability For many years must
>>> have a
>>> clean driving licence was code for must be able to drive which
>>> excludes all
>>> blind people and a good deal of others with motor issues, motor as in
>>> limb
>>> control etc, and those with learning difficulties and who may have
>>> challenging behaviour, not considered normal, whatever that may even
>>> mean.
>> I would have thought that "must have a clean driving licence" is code
>> for "you may have to drive as part of your job."
>
> Yes. If I were a small employer, I'd prefer people who drive - it's not
> at all unusual for a secretary to be asked to pick a client up from the
> railway station or an administrator to nip out for some urgently needed
> printer ink. Driving may not be part of the job, but it adds a lot of
> flexibility.

Thats a different issue to a CLEAN driving licence.

Re: what is wrong with UK

<tht0ai$9hf9$7@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=72485&group=uk.d-i-y#72485

From: fre...@spam.uk (Fredxx)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2022 00:15:32 +0100
 by: Fredxx - Sat, 8 Oct 2022 23:15 UTC

On 05/10/2022 11:56, Brian Gaff wrote:

<snip>

> Actually its not a case of forcing disabled to work, its educating
> employers to take people on who have a disability

That really isn't an issue for employers, as long as there is benefit to
the employer in terms of work done vs salary costs etc.

The issue is that anyone registered disabled can made al sorts of
benefit claims, where most are means tested. That is, as soon as the
work, the benefits are lost. Sometimes permanently.

If we stopped means testing, or "targetting" of benefits, there would be
incentive for those with disabilities to work.

There is also an issue with minimum wage. Why pay a disabled body the
same money than an abled one, where their productivity might be lower.

Re: what is wrong with UK

<jdv5kh95j84pe3oamjitvfpd7fli3b7ugj@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=72612&group=uk.d-i-y#72612

From: cd...@notformail.com (Cursitor Doom)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2022 18:01:46 +0100
 by: Cursitor Doom - Sun, 9 Oct 2022 17:01 UTC

On Wed, 05 Oct 2022 12:23:50 +0100, Pomegranate Bastard
<pommyB@dsl.pipex.com> wrote:

>On Tue, 04 Oct 2022 19:33:50 +0100, Cursitor Doom <cd@notformail.com>
>wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 4 Oct 2022 11:15:06 +0100, "Jim Stewart ..."
>><kinvig.netta@ntlworld.com> wrote:
>>
>>>what is wrong with UK
>>>
>>>overcrowded and immigration out of control
>>>
>>>green agenda
>>>
>>>EU still has control
>>>
>>>wokeism has taken over free speech / any criticism
>>>
>>>we do not produce anything
>>>
>>>education has failed
>>>
>>>people are not forced to work for their state benefits (I exclude those
>>>who are ill / handicapped)
>>>

>>>and the UK populace solution will be vote labour who will........
>>>
>>>invite more immigration
>>>
>>>will accelerate and increase crippling green laws
>>>
>>>cow tow more to EU with aim of rejoining and paying more billions to them
>>>
>>>will introduce more woke laws to curb any criticism / dissent
>>>
>>>will chase business out of UK with high taxes and employment laws
>>>
>>>will drive education down further and have male teachers / pupils in skirts
>>>
>>>will hand out more unaffordable benefits
>>
>>It doesn't really matter who gets in as the final result will be the
>>same: eventual demise. The only difference is the time it will take.
>>Labour will reach the destination first, but the Tories will get there
>>sooner or later too.
>
>Why does it matter to you, a foreigner?

I'm no foreigner. Foreigners are those invading the country from
France in their Albanian-supplied RIBs. And *invasion* is what it is.
They are arriving in their tens and hundreds of thousands, uninvited,
with no papers, whether we like it or not! There's your foreigners,
mate!

Re: what is wrong with UK

<i97jkht32q4aid6tm28dmcl2tv9ki93fom@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=73392&group=uk.d-i-y#73392

From: pom...@aol.com (Pomegranate Bastard)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2022 18:35:47 +0100
 by: Pomegranate Bastard - Fri, 14 Oct 2022 17:35 UTC

On Sun, 09 Oct 2022 18:01:46 +0100, Cursitor Doom <cd@notformail.com>
wrote:

>On Wed, 05 Oct 2022 12:23:50 +0100, Pomegranate Bastard
><pommyB@dsl.pipex.com> wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 04 Oct 2022 19:33:50 +0100, Cursitor Doom <cd@notformail.com>
>>wrote:

>>>It doesn't really matter who gets in as the final result will be the
>>>same: eventual demise. The only difference is the time it will take.
>>>Labour will reach the destination first, but the Tories will get there
>>>sooner or later too.
>>
>>Why does it matter to you, a foreigner?
>
>I'm no foreigner. Foreigners are those invading the country from
>France in their Albanian-supplied RIBs. And *invasion* is what it is.
>They are arriving in their tens and hundreds of thousands, uninvited,
>with no papers, whether we like it or not! There's your foreigners,
>mate!

Of course you're a foreigner. A foreigner is someone doesn't live here
and doesn't pay taxes here.

Re: what is wrong with UK

<op.1t1vtutjbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=73423&group=uk.d-i-y#73423

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2022 09:38:08 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Fri, 14 Oct 2022 22:38 UTC

On Sat, 15 Oct 2022 04:35:47 +1100, Pomegranate Bastard <pommyB@aol.com>
wrote:

> On Sun, 09 Oct 2022 18:01:46 +0100, Cursitor Doom <cd@notformail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 05 Oct 2022 12:23:50 +0100, Pomegranate Bastard
>> <pommyB@dsl.pipex.com> wrote:

>>> Why does it matter to you, a foreigner?
>>
>> I'm no foreigner. Foreigners are those invading the country from
>> France in their Albanian-supplied RIBs. And *invasion* is what it is.
>> They are arriving in their tens and hundreds of thousands, uninvited,
>> with no papers, whether we like it or not! There's your foreigners,
>> mate!

> Of course you're a foreigner.

Nope, an expat.

> A foreigner is someone doesn't live here
> and doesn't pay taxes here.

He's an expat.

Re: what is wrong with UK

<jqv2mrF3esbU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=73444&group=uk.d-i-y#73444

From: bob.mar...@excite.com (Bob Martin)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: 15 Oct 2022 06:36:11 GMT
 by: Bob Martin - Sat, 15 Oct 2022 06:36 UTC

On 14 Oct 2022 at 22:38:08, "Rod Speed" <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 15 Oct 2022 04:35:47 +1100, Pomegranate Bastard <pommyB@aol.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 09 Oct 2022 18:01:46 +0100, Cursitor Doom <cd@notformail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> I'm no foreigner. Foreigners are those invading the country from
>>> France in their Albanian-supplied RIBs. And *invasion* is what it is.
>>> They are arriving in their tens and hundreds of thousands, uninvited,
>>> with no papers, whether we like it or not! There's your foreigners,
>>> mate!
>
>> Of course you're a foreigner.
>
> Nope, an expat.
>
>> A foreigner is someone doesn't live here
>> and doesn't pay taxes here.
>
> He's an expat.

He's a migrant.

Re: what is wrong with UK

<op.1t2lqm1zbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=73455&group=uk.d-i-y#73455

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2022 18:57:48 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Sat, 15 Oct 2022 07:57 UTC

On Sat, 15 Oct 2022 17:36:11 +1100, Bob Martin <bob.martin@excite.com>
wrote:

> On 14 Oct 2022 at 22:38:08, "Rod Speed" <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sat, 15 Oct 2022 04:35:47 +1100, Pomegranate Bastard <pommyB@aol.com>
>> wrote:

>>> Of course you're a foreigner.
>>
>> Nope, an expat.
>>
>>> A foreigner is someone doesn't live here
>>> and doesn't pay taxes here.
>>
>> He's an expat.
>
> He's a migrant.

Nope, he doesn't plan to stay there forever.

aus+uk / uk.d-i-y / what is wrong with UK