Mathematician: "There are three types of mathematicians, those who can count and those who can't."

aus+uk / uk.comp.sys.mac / Firefox (and maybe other aqpps) printing

SubjectAuthor
* Firefox (and maybe other aqpps) printingJohn Hill
+* Firefox (and maybe other aqpps) printingTimH
|+* Firefox (and maybe other aqpps) printingJohn Hill
||`* Firefox (and maybe other aqpps) printingAlan B
|| `- Firefox (and maybe other aqpps) printingJohn Hill
|`* Firefox (and maybe other aqpps) printingJohn Hill
| +- Firefox (and maybe other aqpps) printingTimH
| `* Firefox (and maybe other aqpps) printingChris Ridd
|  +- Firefox (and maybe other aqpps) printingDavid Kennedy
|  `- Firefox (and maybe other aqpps) printingMark Bestley
`* Firefox (and maybe other aqpps) printingJohn Hill
 +* Firefox (and maybe other aqpps) printingAlan B
 |`- Firefox (and maybe other aqpps) printingJohn Hill
 +- Firefox (and maybe other aqpps) printingTimH
 `* Firefox (and maybe other aqpps) printingRJH
  `- Firefox (and maybe other aqpps) printingJohn Hill

1
Firefox (and maybe other aqpps) printing

<t14dtr$qra$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7217&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#7217

From: watcombe...@yahoo.co.uk (John Hill)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Subject: Firefox (and maybe other aqpps) printing
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2022 11:14:03 -0000 (UTC)
 by: John Hill - Sat, 19 Mar 2022 11:14 UTC

I'm not sure when it started, but recently I've found that when I want to
print a page from Firefox I'm presented with a fancy print dialog which doen
NOT offer the options I frequently want - even in the extended range. Down at
the bottom is an option "Print with the system dialog".

That's what I want to do - always! Is there a way of suppressing the fancy
dialog, so that I see the system print dialog as the default?

John.

--
God made the integers; all else is the work of man.

Re: Firefox (and maybe other aqpps) printing

<j9lum3Feq39U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7221&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#7221

From: thn...@poboxmolar.com.invalid (TimH)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Subject: Re: Firefox (and maybe other aqpps) printing
Date: 19 Mar 2022 11:55:47 GMT
 by: TimH - Sat, 19 Mar 2022 11:55 UTC

On 19 Mar 2022 at 11:14:03 am GMT, "John Hill" <watcombeman@yahoo.co.uk>
wrote:

> I'm not sure when it started, but recently I've found that when I want to
> print a page from Firefox I'm presented with a fancy print dialog which doen
> NOT offer the options I frequently want - even in the extended range. Down at
> the bottom is an option "Print with the system dialog".
>
> That's what I want to do - always! Is there a way of suppressing the fancy
> dialog, so that I see the system print dialog as the default?

That's been irritating me too - though not quite enough to do anything about
it.

This seems to be the answer:

https://support.mozilla.org/et/questions/1322516

(I can't check because I'm out atm)
--
TimH
pull tooth to reply by email

Re: Firefox (and maybe other aqpps) printing

<t16kor$h7m$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7231&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#7231

From: watcombe...@yahoo.co.uk (John Hill)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2022 07:23:07 -0000 (UTC)
 by: John Hill - Sun, 20 Mar 2022 07:23 UTC

On 19 Mar 2022 at 11:55:47 GMT, "TimH" <thnews@poboxmolar.com.invalid> wrote:

> On 19 Mar 2022 at 11:14:03 am GMT, "John Hill" <watcombeman@yahoo.co.uk>
> wrote:
>
>> I'm not sure when it started, but recently I've found that when I want to
>> print a page from Firefox I'm presented with a fancy print dialog which doen
>> NOT offer the options I frequently want - even in the extended range. Down at
>> the bottom is an option "Print with the system dialog".
>>
>> That's what I want to do - always! Is there a way of suppressing the fancy
>> dialog, so that I see the system print dialog as the default?
>
> That's been irritating me too - though not quite enough to do anything about
> it.
>
> This seems to be the answer:
>
> https://support.mozilla.org/et/questions/1322516
>
> (I can't check because I'm out atm)

Unfortunately, this no longer works in the current version (98.0.1) of
Firefox. :-( Seems it vanished in version 97. See
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1363191.

I have print.tab_modal.enabled = false in the about:config page and STILL get
the rubbish print dialog. I set this up yonks ago when the Firefox dialog
first appeared.

Maybe this will be corrected in a future version. I have found a link,
https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/96.0b9/
that in principle allows me to download a version in which it still works, but
I don't know how to get the file.

John.

--
An infinitely complex system can fail in an infinite number of ways.

Re: Firefox (and maybe other aqpps) printing

<t16np1$al2$1@alanrichardbarker.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7232&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#7232

From: alanrich...@nospamgmail.com.here (Alan B)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2022 08:14:25 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Alan B - Sun, 20 Mar 2022 08:14 UTC

John Hill <watcombeman@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> On 19 Mar 2022 at 11:55:47 GMT, "TimH" <thnews@poboxmolar.com.invalid> wrote:
>
>> On 19 Mar 2022 at 11:14:03 am GMT, "John Hill" <watcombeman@yahoo.co.uk>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I'm not sure when it started, but recently I've found that when I want to
>>> print a page from Firefox I'm presented with a fancy print dialog which doen
>>> NOT offer the options I frequently want - even in the extended range. Down at
>>> the bottom is an option "Print with the system dialog".
>>>
>>> That's what I want to do - always! Is there a way of suppressing the fancy
>>> dialog, so that I see the system print dialog as the default?
>>
>> That's been irritating me too - though not quite enough to do anything about
>> it.
>>
>> This seems to be the answer:
>>
>> https://support.mozilla.org/et/questions/1322516
>>
>> (I can't check because I'm out atm)
>
> Unfortunately, this no longer works in the current version (98.0.1) of
> Firefox. :-( Seems it vanished in version 97. See
> https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1363191.
>
> I have print.tab_modal.enabled = false in the about:config page and STILL get
> the rubbish print dialog. I set this up yonks ago when the Firefox dialog
> first appeared.
>
> Maybe this will be corrected in a future version. I have found a link,
> https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/96.0b9/
> that in principle allows me to download a version in which it still works, but
> I don't know how to get the file.

Look in:

https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/96.0b9/mac/en-GB/

Does clicking on one of the files (dmg or pkg) not invoke a download?

--
Cheers, Alan

Re: Firefox (and maybe other aqpps) printing

<t16q3e$gc5$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7234&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#7234

From: watcombe...@yahoo.co.uk (John Hill)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2022 08:54:06 -0000 (UTC)
 by: John Hill - Sun, 20 Mar 2022 08:54 UTC

On 20 Mar 2022 at 08:14:25 GMT, "Alan B"
<alanrichardbarker@nospamgmail.com.here> wrote:

> John Hill <watcombeman@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>> On 19 Mar 2022 at 11:55:47 GMT, "TimH" <thnews@poboxmolar.com.invalid> wrote:

>>> That's been irritating me too - though not quite enough to do anything about
>>> it.
>>>
>>> This seems to be the answer:
>>>
>>> https://support.mozilla.org/et/questions/1322516
>>>
>>> (I can't check because I'm out atm)
>>
>> Unfortunately, this no longer works in the current version (98.0.1) of
>> Firefox. :-( Seems it vanished in version 97. See
>> https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1363191.
>>
>> I have print.tab_modal.enabled = false in the about:config page and STILL get
>> the rubbish print dialog. I set this up yonks ago when the Firefox dialog
>> first appeared.
>>
>> Maybe this will be corrected in a future version. I have found a link,
>> https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/96.0b9/
>> that in principle allows me to download a version in which it still works, but
>> I don't know how to get the file.
>
> Look in:
>
> https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/96.0b9/mac/en-GB/
>
> Does clicking on one of the files (dmg or pkg) not invoke a download?

..dmg worked fine. Thank you! Now to experiment…

John.
--
Classic computing: Computers do what you tell them to do, not what you want them to do.
Modern computing: Computers do what they want to do, no matter what you tell them to do.

Re: Firefox (and maybe other aqpps) printing

<t172oo$m09$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7236&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#7236

From: watcombe...@yahoo.co.uk (John Hill)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2022 11:22:00 -0000 (UTC)
 by: John Hill - Sun, 20 Mar 2022 11:22 UTC

On 19 Mar 2022 at 11:55:47 GMT, "TimH" <thnews@poboxmolar.com.invalid> wrote:

> On 19 Mar 2022 at 11:14:03 am GMT, "John Hill" <watcombeman@yahoo.co.uk>
> wrote:
>
>> I'm not sure when it started, but recently I've found that when I want to
>> print a page from Firefox I'm presented with a fancy print dialog which doen
>> NOT offer the options I frequently want - even in the extended range. Down at
>> the bottom is an option "Print with the system dialog".
>>
>> That's what I want to do - always! Is there a way of suppressing the fancy
>> dialog, so that I see the system print dialog as the default?
>
> That's been irritating me too - though not quite enough to do anything about
> it.
>
> This seems to be the answer:
>
> https://support.mozilla.org/et/questions/1322516
>
> (I can't check because I'm out atm)

A bit of digging has revealed that this is a "feature" that annoys an awful
lot of Firefox users,.

I have found:
There are bugs on file with the developers that we expect to come in a future
update, although I don't know when:

New user preference to bypass the preview and go directly to the system
dialog
New keyboard shortcut to bypass the preview and go directly to the system
dialog

I think those will be welcomed by Mac users in particular because apparently
you have a fancier system dialog than the rest of us.

I have asked to be notified by email when a solution is found. I live in hope!
Meanwhile, I'll put up with it.

John.

--
God made the integers; all else is the work of man.

Re: Firefox (and maybe other aqpps) printing

<j9ohk2Ftv7qU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7237&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#7237

From: thn...@poboxmolar.com.invalid (TimH)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: 20 Mar 2022 11:31:14 GMT
 by: TimH - Sun, 20 Mar 2022 11:31 UTC

On 20 Mar 2022 at 11:22:00 am GMT, "John Hill" <watcombeman@yahoo.co.uk>
wrote:

> On 19 Mar 2022 at 11:55:47 GMT, "TimH" <thnews@poboxmolar.com.invalid> wrote:
>
>> On 19 Mar 2022 at 11:14:03 am GMT, "John Hill" <watcombeman@yahoo.co.uk>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I'm not sure when it started, but recently I've found that when I want to
>>> print a page from Firefox I'm presented with a fancy print dialog which doen
>>> NOT offer the options I frequently want - even in the extended range. Down at
>>> the bottom is an option "Print with the system dialog".
>>>
>>> That's what I want to do - always! Is there a way of suppressing the fancy
>>> dialog, so that I see the system print dialog as the default?
>>
>> That's been irritating me too - though not quite enough to do anything about
>> it.
>>
>> This seems to be the answer:
>>
>> https://support.mozilla.org/et/questions/1322516
>>
>> (I can't check because I'm out atm)
>
> A bit of digging has revealed that this is a "feature" that annoys an awful
> lot of Firefox users,.
>
> I have found:
> There are bugs on file with the developers that we expect to come in a future
> update, although I don't know when:
>
> New user preference to bypass the preview and go directly to the system
> dialog
> New keyboard shortcut to bypass the preview and go directly to the system
> dialog
>
> I think those will be welcomed by Mac users in particular because apparently
> you have a fancier system dialog than the rest of us.
>
> I have asked to be notified by email when a solution is found. I live in hope!
> Meanwhile, I'll put up with it.

Thanks for letting us know. As someone else said, it does make you wonder what
kind of user research led them ever to think this was a smart idea. Anyway,
I'll add my name to the email list..
--
TimH
pull tooth to reply by email

Re: Firefox (and maybe other aqpps) printing

<t17jjg$a15$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7238&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#7238

From: chrisr...@mac.com (Chris Ridd)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2022 16:09:17 +0000
 by: Chris Ridd - Sun, 20 Mar 2022 16:09 UTC

On 20/03/2022 11:22, John Hill wrote:
> On 19 Mar 2022 at 11:55:47 GMT, "TimH" <thnews@poboxmolar.com.invalid> wrote:
>
>> On 19 Mar 2022 at 11:14:03 am GMT, "John Hill" <watcombeman@yahoo.co.uk>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I'm not sure when it started, but recently I've found that when I want to
>>> print a page from Firefox I'm presented with a fancy print dialog which doen
>>> NOT offer the options I frequently want - even in the extended range. Down at
>>> the bottom is an option "Print with the system dialog".
>>>
>>> That's what I want to do - always! Is there a way of suppressing the fancy
>>> dialog, so that I see the system print dialog as the default?
>>
>> That's been irritating me too - though not quite enough to do anything about
>> it.
>>
>> This seems to be the answer:
>>
>> https://support.mozilla.org/et/questions/1322516
>>
>> (I can't check because I'm out atm)
>
> A bit of digging has revealed that this is a "feature" that annoys an awful
> lot of Firefox users,.

I'm sure this is a result of Firefox having essentially a non-native UI
that pretends to be a Mac on a Mac, Windows on Windows, etc, and there
being no good printer dialog on some platforms (ie Linux). So they wrote
their own and everyone has to suffer it.

Google Chrome's got their own print dialog, maybe for a similar reason.

Yay for cross-platform apps.

--
Chris

Re: Firefox (and maybe other aqpps) printing

<0t2dnfR7jcE5xar_nZ2dnUU7-RXNnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7239&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#7239

Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
From: davidken...@gmail.com (David Kennedy)
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2022 16:39:00 +0000
 by: David Kennedy - Sun, 20 Mar 2022 16:39 UTC

On 20/03/2022 16:09, Chris Ridd wrote:

> I'm sure this is a result of Firefox having essentially a non-native UI that
> pretends to be a Mac on a Mac, Windows on Windows, etc, and there being no
> good printer dialog on some platforms (ie Linux). So they wrote their own and
> everyone has to suffer it.
>
> Google Chrome's got their own print dialog, maybe for a similar reason.

They seem to be leaning heavily towards the Google layout...

> Yay for cross-platform apps.

Indeed!

Re: Firefox (and maybe other aqpps) printing

<m1lex1g6va.fsf@bestley.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7305&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#7305

From: gnu...@bestley.co.uk (Mark Bestley)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2022 18:49:29 +0000
sha1:9JiAc8sq0FxsB8BexrhuqTXi8XA=
 by: Mark Bestley - Tue, 22 Mar 2022 18:49 UTC

Chris Ridd <chrisridd@mac.com> writes:

> On 20/03/2022 11:22, John Hill wrote:
>> On 19 Mar 2022 at 11:55:47 GMT, "TimH" <thnews@poboxmolar.com.invalid> wrote:

>> A bit of digging has revealed that this is a "feature" that annoys
>> an awful
>> lot of Firefox users,.
>
> I'm sure this is a result of Firefox having essentially a non-native
> UI that pretends to be a Mac on a Mac, Windows on Windows, etc, and
> there being no good printer dialog on some platforms (ie Linux).
> So they wrote their own and everyone has to suffer it.
>
> Google Chrome's got their own print dialog, maybe for a similar reason.
>
> Yay for cross-platform apps.

However be careful what you wished for Firefox recently (version 92 I think) tried to use some mac specific APIs and really did not understand them and made it unusable. It was so bad they actually rolled the changes back.

--
Mark

Re: Firefox (and maybe other aqpps) printing

<t7prh1$f6p$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8811&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#8811

From: watcombe...@yahoo.co.uk (John Hill)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2022 09:52:33 -0000 (UTC)
 by: John Hill - Wed, 8 Jun 2022 09:52 UTC

On 19 Mar 2022 at 12:14:03 GMT, "John Hill" <watcombeman@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> I'm not sure when it started, but recently I've found that when I want to
> print a page from Firefox I'm presented with a fancy print dialog which doen
> NOT offer the options I frequently want - even in the extended range. Down at
> the bottom is an option "Print with the system dialog".
>
> That's what I want to do - always! Is there a way of suppressing the fancy
> dialog, so that I see the system print dialog as the default?
>
> John.

Since nobody else has mentioned this (unless I missed it) I'll pop up briefly
to say that help is at hand.

For those of you who, like me, abhor the Firefox print dialog, the latest
version (101) enables you to choose the system print dialog as default. The
instructions are here: https://tinyurl.com/35w6hzh3

J.

--
An infinitely complex system can fail in an infinite number of ways.

Re: Firefox (and maybe other aqpps) printing

<t7qdne$6t9$1@alanrichardbarker.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8820&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#8820

From: alanrich...@nospamgmail.com.here (Alan B)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2022 15:03:10 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Alan B - Wed, 8 Jun 2022 15:03 UTC

John Hill <watcombeman@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> On 19 Mar 2022 at 12:14:03 GMT, "John Hill" <watcombeman@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> I'm not sure when it started, but recently I've found that when I want to
>> print a page from Firefox I'm presented with a fancy print dialog which doen
>> NOT offer the options I frequently want - even in the extended range. Down at
>> the bottom is an option "Print with the system dialog".
>>
>> That's what I want to do - always! Is there a way of suppressing the fancy
>> dialog, so that I see the system print dialog as the default?
>>
>> John.
>
> Since nobody else has mentioned this (unless I missed it) I'll pop up briefly
> to say that help is at hand.
>
> For those of you who, like me, abhor the Firefox print dialog, the latest
> version (101) enables you to choose the system print dialog as default. The
> instructions are here: https://tinyurl.com/35w6hzh3

Thanks for the info. Hope all is well :)

--
Cheers, Alan

Re: Firefox (and maybe other aqpps) printing

<t7qnr6$2c9$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8827&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#8827

From: watcombe...@yahoo.co.uk (John Hill)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2022 17:55:50 -0000 (UTC)
 by: John Hill - Wed, 8 Jun 2022 17:55 UTC

On 8 Jun 2022 at 16:03:10 BST, "Alan B"
<alanrichardbarker@nospamgmail.com.here> wrote:

> John Hill <watcombeman@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>> On 19 Mar 2022 at 12:14:03 GMT, "John Hill" <watcombeman@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>>> I'm not sure when it started, but recently I've found that when I want to
>>> print a page from Firefox I'm presented with a fancy print dialog which doen
>>> NOT offer the options I frequently want - even in the extended range. Down at
>>> the bottom is an option "Print with the system dialog".
>>>
>>> That's what I want to do - always! Is there a way of suppressing the fancy
>>> dialog, so that I see the system print dialog as the default?
>>>
>>> John.
>>
>> Since nobody else has mentioned this (unless I missed it) I'll pop up briefly
>> to say that help is at hand.
>>
>> For those of you who, like me, abhor the Firefox print dialog, the latest
>> version (101) enables you to choose the system print dialog as default. The
>> instructions are here: https://tinyurl.com/35w6hzh3
>
> Thanks for the info. Hope all is well :)

Yes, thank you. Anne is now walking again, albeit with a frame, and used her
iMac today for the first time since the beginning of February.

John.

--
God made the integers; all else is the work of man.

Re: Firefox (and maybe other aqpps) printing

<jgdr74FgudoU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8846&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#8846

From: thn...@poboxmolar.com.invalid (TimH)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: 9 Jun 2022 09:01:24 GMT
 by: TimH - Thu, 9 Jun 2022 09:01 UTC

On 8 Jun 2022 at 10:52:33 am BST, "John Hill" <watcombeman@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> On 19 Mar 2022 at 12:14:03 GMT, "John Hill" <watcombeman@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> I'm not sure when it started, but recently I've found that when I want to
>> print a page from Firefox I'm presented with a fancy print dialog which doen
>> NOT offer the options I frequently want - even in the extended range. Down at
>> the bottom is an option "Print with the system dialog".
>>
>> That's what I want to do - always! Is there a way of suppressing the fancy
>> dialog, so that I see the system print dialog as the default?
>>
>> John.
>
> Since nobody else has mentioned this (unless I missed it) I'll pop up briefly
> to say that help is at hand.
>
> For those of you who, like me, abhor the Firefox print dialog, the latest
> version (101) enables you to choose the system print dialog as default. The
> instructions are here: https://tinyurl.com/35w6hzh3

Yippee! Thanks for that. And good news about Anne!

--
TimH
pull tooth to reply by email

Re: Firefox (and maybe other aqpps) printing

<t7sedv$h0p$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8848&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#8848

From: patchmo...@gmx.com (RJH)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2022 09:27:27 -0000 (UTC)
 by: RJH - Thu, 9 Jun 2022 09:27 UTC

On 8 Jun 2022 at 10:52:33 BST, "John Hill" <watcombeman@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> On 19 Mar 2022 at 12:14:03 GMT, "John Hill" <watcombeman@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> I'm not sure when it started, but recently I've found that when I want to
>> print a page from Firefox I'm presented with a fancy print dialog which doen
>> NOT offer the options I frequently want - even in the extended range. Down at
>> the bottom is an option "Print with the system dialog".
>>
>> That's what I want to do - always! Is there a way of suppressing the fancy
>> dialog, so that I see the system print dialog as the default?
>>
>> John.
>
> Since nobody else has mentioned this (unless I missed it) I'll pop up briefly
> to say that help is at hand.
>
> For those of you who, like me, abhor the Firefox print dialog, the latest
> version (101) enables you to choose the system print dialog as default. The
> instructions are here: https://tinyurl.com/35w6hzh3

Excellent, thanks.

Oddly, it uses a default paper size of US letter, rather than A4 in other
apps/system prefs.

--
Cheers, Rob

Re: Firefox (and maybe other aqpps) printing

<t7ul2m$8oq$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8861&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#8861

From: ycl...@outlook.com (John Hill)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2022 05:33:10 -0000 (UTC)
 by: John Hill - Fri, 10 Jun 2022 05:33 UTC

RJH <patchmoney@gmx.com> wrote:
> On 8 Jun 2022 at 10:52:33 BST, "John Hill" <watcombeman@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> On 19 Mar 2022 at 12:14:03 GMT, "John Hill" <watcombeman@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>>> I'm not sure when it started, but recently I've found that when I want to
>>> print a page from Firefox I'm presented with a fancy print dialog which doen
>>> NOT offer the options I frequently want - even in the extended range. Down at
>>> the bottom is an option "Print with the system dialog".
>>>
>>> That's what I want to do - always! Is there a way of suppressing the fancy
>>> dialog, so that I see the system print dialog as the default?
>>>
>>> John.
>>
>> Since nobody else has mentioned this (unless I missed it) I'll pop up briefly
>> to say that help is at hand.
>>
>> For those of you who, like me, abhor the Firefox print dialog, the latest
>> version (101) enables you to choose the system print dialog as default. The
>> instructions are here: https://tinyurl.com/35w6hzh3
>>

> Excellent, thanks.
>
> Oddly, it uses a default paper size of US letter, rather than A4 in other
> apps/system prefs.

Odd. I'll look out for that.

John.

--
Today is the tomorrow we worried about yesterday,and all is well.