In the eyes of my dog, I'm a man. -- Martin Mull

aus+uk / uk.media.radio.archers / Grundies?

SubjectAuthor
* Grundies?J. P. Gilliver (John)
+* Re: Grundies?Vicky
|`- Re: Grundies?Mike McMillan
+- Re: Grundies?Chris
+* Re: Grundies?carolet
|+- Re: Grundies?Nick Odell
|+* Re: Grundies?krw
||`- Re: Grundies?Mike McMillan
|`* Re: Grundies?J. P. Gilliver (John)
| `* Re: Grundies?steve hague
|  `* Re: Grundies?Penny
|   `* Re: Grundies?Vicky
|    `- Re: Grundies?carolet
`* Re: Grundies?Clive Arthur
 `* Re: Grundies?John Ashby
  `* Re: Grundies?Mike McMillan
   `* Re: Grundies?steve hague
    +- Re: Grundies?Penny
    `* Re: Grundies?Chris
     `* Re: Grundies?DavidK
      +* Re: Grundies?carolet
      |`* Re: Grundies?Chris
      | `* Re: Grundies?Nick Odell
      |  +* Re: Grundies?Serena Blanchflower
      |  |`* Re: Grundies?John Ashby
      |  | `- Re: Grundies?Nick Odell
      |  `- Re: Grundies?Penny
      `- Re: Grundies?krw

Pages:12
Grundies?

<6YkuxrF4RORiFw99@a.a>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7217&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7217

From: G6J...@255soft.uk (J. P. Gilliver (John))
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Grundies?
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2022 00:15:04 +0100
 by: J. P. Gilliver (John - Wed, 30 Mar 2022 23:15 UTC

I was thinking last (well, Tuesday) night, one of the rare occasions
when I might be parked listening to TA - if a "friend" discovered me
doing so, they might go into a bad Eddie or Clarrie imitation (as people
do, thought I don't think my friends would).

Then it occurred to me - when did we last hear a Grundy? Especially
Eddie or Clarrie. (We possibly have heard some of the youngest
generation - I wouldn't register, as that generation mostly are
interchangeable to me.)

.... some language may be offensive to younger viewers. Like "please" and
"thank you". (Intro to /Off Their Rockers/, quoted in RT 25-31 May 2013 by
Sarah Millican.)

Re: Grundies?

<soqa4hhr7s44jf34h5rjs5dcdkl5m6e6ah@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7231&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7231

From: vicky.ay...@gmail.com (Vicky)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Re: Grundies?
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2022 09:49:58 +0100
 by: Vicky - Thu, 31 Mar 2022 08:49 UTC

On Thu, 31 Mar 2022 00:15:04 +0100, "J. P. Gilliver (John)"
<G6JPG@255soft.uk> wrote:

>I was thinking last (well, Tuesday) night, one of the rare occasions
>when I might be parked listening to TA - if a "friend" discovered me
>doing so, they might go into a bad Eddie or Clarrie imitation (as people
>do, thought I don't think my friends would).
>
>Then it occurred to me - when did we last hear a Grundy? Especially
>Eddie or Clarrie. (We possibly have heard some of the youngest
>generation - I wouldn't register, as that generation mostly are
>interchangeable to me.)

I can't remember and I like the Grundys, except Will, so it is a
shame.

Re: Grundies?

<t23qm7$paq$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7232&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7232

From: toodle.p...@virginmedia.com (Mike McMillan)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2022 09:01:59 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:6yy15u7/rm44tVTXQWt4OT9u3qQ=
 by: Mike McMillan - Thu, 31 Mar 2022 09:01 UTC

Vicky <vicky.ayech@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 31 Mar 2022 00:15:04 +0100, "J. P. Gilliver (John)"
> <G6JPG@255soft.uk> wrote:
>
>> I was thinking last (well, Tuesday) night, one of the rare occasions
>> when I might be parked listening to TA - if a "friend" discovered me
>> doing so, they might go into a bad Eddie or Clarrie imitation (as people
>> do, thought I don't think my friends would).
>>
>> Then it occurred to me - when did we last hear a Grundy? Especially
>> Eddie or Clarrie. (We possibly have heard some of the youngest
>> generation - I wouldn't register, as that generation mostly are
>> interchangeable to me.)
>

> I can't remember and I like the Grundys, except Will, so it is a
> shame.

ICBAM but, didn’t I hear Clarrielurve talking to Emmer not long back?

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan

Re: Grundies?

<t2434k$qau$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7239&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7239

From: chris.mc...@ntlworld.com (Chris)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2022 11:26:12 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:eKmL4YMEC2MIt3fddUNKAOt3qmI=
 by: Chris - Thu, 31 Mar 2022 11:26 UTC

J. P. Gilliver (John) <G6JPG@255soft.uk> wrote:
> I was thinking last (well, Tuesday) night, one of the rare occasions
> when I might be parked listening to TA - if a "friend" discovered me
> doing so, they might go into a bad Eddie or Clarrie imitation (as people
> do, thought I don't think my friends would).
>
> Then it occurred to me - when did we last hear a Grundy? Especially
> Eddie or Clarrie. (We possibly have heard some of the youngest
> generation - I wouldn't register, as that generation mostly are
> interchangeable to me.)

We were saying the same a couple of nights ago. Not since the vows renewal
debacle.

Sincerely Chris

Re: Grundies?

<t259vo$pc8$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7258&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7258

From: carolet....@gmail.com (carolet)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2022 23:29:11 +0100
 by: carolet - Thu, 31 Mar 2022 22:29 UTC

On 31/03/2022 00:15, J. P. Gilliver (John) wrote:
> I was thinking last (well, Tuesday) night, one of the rare occasions
> when I might be parked listening to TA - if a "friend" discovered me
> doing so, they might go into a bad Eddie or Clarrie imitation (as people
> do, thought I don't think my friends would).
>
> Then it occurred to me - when did we last hear a Grundy? Especially
> Eddie or Clarrie. (We possibly have heard some of the youngest
> generation - I wouldn't register, as that generation mostly are
> interchangeable to me.)

Mia 8th Feb 22
Jake 8th Feb 22
Ed 11th Jan 22
Will 15th Dec 21
Clarrie 21st Nov 21
Emma 16th Sep 21
Eddie 16th Sep 21
Poppy 24th Dec 20
Alf 18th Nov 19
Keira 14th Oct 19
Joe 23rd May 19
Nic 23rd Feb 18
George 11th Apr 17

--
CaroleT

Re: Grundies?

<o3pd4hdcrjoshpbo331sfvh6r4puvg25cb@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7266&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7266

From: nic...@themusicworkshop.plus.com (Nick Odell)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2022 12:42:03 +0100
 by: Nick Odell - Fri, 1 Apr 2022 11:42 UTC

On Thu, 31 Mar 2022 23:29:11 +0100, carolet <carolet.umrat@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On 31/03/2022 00:15, J. P. Gilliver (John) wrote:
>> I was thinking last (well, Tuesday) night, one of the rare occasions
>> when I might be parked listening to TA - if a "friend" discovered me
>> doing so, they might go into a bad Eddie or Clarrie imitation (as people
>> do, thought I don't think my friends would).
>>
>> Then it occurred to me - when did we last hear a Grundy? Especially
>> Eddie or Clarrie. (We possibly have heard some of the youngest
>> generation - I wouldn't register, as that generation mostly are
>> interchangeable to me.)
>

>Mia 8th Feb 22
>Jake 8th Feb 22
>Ed 11th Jan 22
>Will 15th Dec 21
>Clarrie 21st Nov 21
>Emma 16th Sep 21
>Eddie 16th Sep 21
>Poppy 24th Dec 20
>Alf 18th Nov 19
>Keira 14th Oct 19
>Joe 23rd May 19
>Nic 23rd Feb 18
>George 11th Apr 17

I spent a few moments puzzling over that list, convinced that they
were birthdays, convinced that it wasn't only policement who all
looked younger these days. Then the penny dropped[1]

I probably should have slept better last night...

Nick
[1]Sorry, Penny

Re: Grundies?

<t26pbj$1tlo$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7267&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7267

From: krw...@whitnet.uk (krw)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2022 12:57:45 +0100
 by: krw - Fri, 1 Apr 2022 11:57 UTC

On 31.3.22 23:29, carolet wrote:
> Joe     23rd May 19
> Nic     23rd Feb 18

I wonder what they would have to say about their absence?

--
Kosmo Richard W
www.travelswmw.whitnet.uk

Re: Grundies?

<t2713t$4sc$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7269&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7269

From: toodle.p...@virginmedia.com (Mike McMillan)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2022 14:10:05 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:pznmKaH2lnTu+RBRzBDoJAlHjLg=
 by: Mike McMillan - Fri, 1 Apr 2022 14:10 UTC

krw <krw@whitnet.uk> wrote:
> On 31.3.22 23:29, carolet wrote:
>> Joe     23rd May 19
>> Nic     23rd Feb 18
>
> I wonder what they would have to say about their absence?

Do they have any ghost writers on the TA writing team?

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan

Re: Grundies?

<5fUewri7iwRiFw8u@a.a>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7270&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7270

From: G6J...@255soft.uk (J. P. Gilliver (John))
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2022 15:14:19 +0100
 by: J. P. Gilliver (John - Fri, 1 Apr 2022 14:14 UTC

On Thu, 31 Mar 2022 at 23:29:11, carolet <carolet.umrat@gmail.com> wrote
(my responses usually FOLLOW):
>On 31/03/2022 00:15, J. P. Gilliver (John) wrote:
[]
>> Then it occurred to me - when did we last hear a Grundy? Especially
>>Eddie or Clarrie. (We possibly have heard some of the youngest
>>generation - I wouldn't register, as that generation mostly are
>>interchangeable to me.)
>

>Mia 8th Feb 22
>Jake 8th Feb 22
>Ed 11th Jan 22
>Will 15th Dec 21
>Clarrie 21st Nov 21
>Emma 16th Sep 21
>Eddie 16th Sep 21
>Poppy 24th Dec 20
>Alf 18th Nov 19
>Keira 14th Oct 19
>Joe 23rd May 19
>Nic 23rd Feb 18
>George 11th Apr 17

Thanks for that - my, you do keep excellent records! - so, I was right
in feeling we hadn't heard for a long time - over 4 and 6 months for
Clarrie and Eddie, and only three altogether this year at all, and those
over 5 and 9 weeks ago.

Maybe "someone" has decided that they need to be faded out? I hope not:
there are times when I've found what has been written for them
cringeworthy, but I do like Clarrie, and even Eddie sometimes. (Sort of
guy I'd hardly ever trust with anything, but who would come through in a
_real_ crisis. And _occasionally_ does something nice - usually for
Clarrie - without having an ulterior motive.)

A lot of people think that being skinny is the happy ending, and its not.
Being happy is the happy ending. - Sarah Millican, in Radio Times 3-9 March
2012

Re: Grundies?

<t272pk$m3s$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7271&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7271

From: stevehag...@gmail.com (steve hague)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2022 15:38:41 +0100
 by: steve hague - Fri, 1 Apr 2022 14:38 UTC

On 01/04/2022 15:14, J. P. Gilliver (John) wrote:
> On Thu, 31 Mar 2022 at 23:29:11, carolet <carolet.umrat@gmail.com> wrote
> (my responses usually FOLLOW):
>> On 31/03/2022 00:15, J. P. Gilliver (John) wrote:
> []
>>>  Then it occurred to me - when did we last hear a Grundy? Especially
>>> Eddie or Clarrie. (We possibly have heard some of the youngest
>>> generation - I wouldn't register, as that generation mostly are
>>> interchangeable to me.)
>>

>> Mia    8th Feb 22
>> Jake   8th Feb 22
>> Ed     11th Jan 22
>> Will   15th Dec 21
>> Clarrie 21st Nov 21
>> Emma   16th Sep 21
>> Eddie  16th Sep 21
>> Poppy  24th Dec 20
>> Alf    18th Nov 19
>> Keira  14th Oct 19
>> Joe    23rd May 19
>> Nic    23rd Feb 18
>> George         11th Apr 17
>>
> Thanks for that - my, you do keep excellent records! - so, I was right
> in feeling we hadn't heard for a long time - over 4 and 6 months for
> Clarrie and Eddie, and only three altogether this year at all, and those
> over 5 and 9 weeks ago.
>
> Maybe "someone" has decided that they need to be faded out? I hope not:
> there are times when I've found what has been written for them
> cringeworthy, but I do like Clarrie, and even Eddie sometimes. (Sort of
> guy I'd hardly ever trust with anything, but who would come through in a
> _real_ crisis. And _occasionally_ does something nice - usually for
> Clarrie - without having an ulterior motive.)

And when did we last hear "But Clarrieluv" when Eddie was trying to
extricate himself from a dodgy scheme gone wrong? I suppose he would be
about seventy now, so it maybe the time for the younger Grundies to step
up to the plate.
Steve

Re: Grundies?

<t273kc$lv2$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7272&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7272

From: cli...@nowaytoday.co.uk (Clive Arthur)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2022 15:52:59 +0100
 by: Clive Arthur - Fri, 1 Apr 2022 14:52 UTC

On 31/03/2022 00:15, J. P. Gilliver (John) wrote:
> I was thinking last (well, Tuesday) night, one of the rare occasions
> when I might be parked listening to TA - if a "friend" discovered me
> doing so, they might go into a bad Eddie or Clarrie imitation (as people
> do, thought I don't think my friends would).
>
> Then it occurred to me - when did we last hear a Grundy? Especially
> Eddie or Clarrie. (We possibly have heard some of the youngest
> generation - I wouldn't register, as that generation mostly are
> interchangeable to me.)

I understand they're busy recording a sister programme 'Friday Evening
with the Grundys'.

--
Cheers
Clive

Re: Grundies?

<t274r2$ie6$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7274&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7274

From: johnashb...@yahoo.com (John Ashby)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2022 16:13:38 +0100
 by: John Ashby - Fri, 1 Apr 2022 15:13 UTC

On 01/04/2022 15:52, Clive Arthur wrote:
> On 31/03/2022 00:15, J. P. Gilliver (John) wrote:
>> I was thinking last (well, Tuesday) night, one of the rare occasions
>> when I might be parked listening to TA - if a "friend" discovered me
>> doing so, they might go into a bad Eddie or Clarrie imitation (as
>> people do, thought I don't think my friends would).
>>
>> Then it occurred to me - when did we last hear a Grundy? Especially
>> Eddie or Clarrie. (We possibly have heard some of the youngest
>> generation - I wouldn't register, as that generation mostly are
>> interchangeable to me.)
>
> I understand they're busy recording a sister programme 'Friday Evening
> with the Grundys'.

That's funny, they don't look Jewish.

john

Re: Grundies?

<t279no$sqi$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7276&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7276

From: toodle.p...@virginmedia.com (Mike McMillan)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2022 16:37:12 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:9D0T92rJJ/fNeGf9cz93DPlo+UU=
 by: Mike McMillan - Fri, 1 Apr 2022 16:37 UTC

John Ashby <johnashby20@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On 01/04/2022 15:52, Clive Arthur wrote:
>> On 31/03/2022 00:15, J. P. Gilliver (John) wrote:
>>> I was thinking last (well, Tuesday) night, one of the rare occasions
>>> when I might be parked listening to TA - if a "friend" discovered me
>>> doing so, they might go into a bad Eddie or Clarrie imitation (as
>>> people do, thought I don't think my friends would).
>>>
>>> Then it occurred to me - when did we last hear a Grundy? Especially
>>> Eddie or Clarrie. (We possibly have heard some of the youngest
>>> generation - I wouldn't register, as that generation mostly are
>>> interchangeable to me.)
>>
>> I understand they're busy recording a sister programme 'Friday Evening
>> with the Grundys'.
>>

> That's funny, they don't look Jewish.
>
> john

I could easily picture old Joe in a skull cap!

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan

Re: Grundies?

<t27b29$vch$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7279&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7279

From: stevehag...@gmail.com (steve hague)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2022 17:59:51 +0100
 by: steve hague - Fri, 1 Apr 2022 16:59 UTC

On 01/04/2022 17:37, Mike McMillan wrote:
> John Ashby <johnashby20@yahoo.com> wrote:

>>> I understand they're busy recording a sister programme 'Friday Evening
>>> with the Grundys'.
>>>

>> That's funny, they don't look Jewish.
>>
>> john
>>

> I could easily picture old Joe in a skull cap!

Didn't he become a Methodist at some point, for some reason? I think he
was enticed back to the CofE by the sausages Alan was cooking
outside his tent when raising awareness about something or other. That's
it, I've just remembered that Ambridge had it's first female vicar, and
Joe couldn't be doing with it.
Steve

Re: Grundies?

<ctbe4hdg5kbv4htgv5q0on9sggd0si58st@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7280&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7280

From: spa...@labyrinth.freeuk.com (Penny)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2022 18:01:01 +0100
 by: Penny - Fri, 1 Apr 2022 17:01 UTC

On Fri, 1 Apr 2022 15:38:41 +0100, steve hague <stevehague82@gmail.com>
scrawled in the dust...

> And when did we last hear "But Clarrieluv" when Eddie was trying to
>extricate himself from a dodgy scheme gone wrong? I suppose he would be
>about seventy now, so it maybe the time for the younger Grundies to step
>up to the plate.

Eddie turned 71 a couple of weeks ago - and nobody mentioned it.
--
Penny
Annoyed by The Archers since 1959

Re: Grundies?

<repe4h5vkhjope76rh5lmpd2u753hjogk4@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7286&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7286

From: vicky.ay...@gmail.com (Vicky)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2022 21:52:30 +0100
 by: Vicky - Fri, 1 Apr 2022 20:52 UTC

On Fri, 01 Apr 2022 18:01:01 +0100, Penny <spam@labyrinth.freeuk.com>
wrote:

>On Fri, 1 Apr 2022 15:38:41 +0100, steve hague <stevehague82@gmail.com>
>scrawled in the dust...
>
>> And when did we last hear "But Clarrieluv" when Eddie was trying to
>>extricate himself from a dodgy scheme gone wrong? I suppose he would be
>>about seventy now, so it maybe the time for the younger Grundies to step
>>up to the plate.
>
>Eddie turned 71 a couple of weeks ago - and nobody mentioned it.

They had a trip to Paris for CLarrie's birthday, didn't they? And some
sort f party. Eddy wanted it in GG and did that happen or did it
transfer to the cider shed?

Re: Grundies?

<deqe4hpgmg7d9n00bfqc6eo4hkcla67jiq@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7288&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7288

From: spa...@labyrinth.freeuk.com (Penny)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2022 22:13:51 +0100
 by: Penny - Fri, 1 Apr 2022 21:13 UTC

On Fri, 1 Apr 2022 17:59:51 +0100, steve hague <stevehague82@gmail.com>
scrawled in the dust...

>On 01/04/2022 17:37, Mike McMillan wrote:
>> John Ashby <johnashby20@yahoo.com> wrote:

>>> That's funny, they don't look Jewish.
>>>
>>> john
>>>

>> I could easily picture old Joe in a skull cap!
>>

>Didn't he become a Methodist at some point, for some reason? I think he
>was enticed back to the CofE by the sausages Alan was cooking
>outside his tent when raising awareness about something or other. That's
>it, I've just remembered that Ambridge had it's first female vicar, and
>Joe couldn't be doing with it.

I thought he'd always been a Methodist of some flavour, but Ambridge has
never had a chapel that I can recall. It was Piggy who stopped attending St
Stephen's during the woman vicar years.
--
Penny
Annoyed by The Archers since 1959

Re: Grundies?

<t27ton$nkh$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7289&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7289

From: carolet....@gmail.com (carolet)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2022 23:19:04 +0100
 by: carolet - Fri, 1 Apr 2022 22:19 UTC

On 01/04/2022 21:52, Vicky wrote:
> On Fri, 01 Apr 2022 18:01:01 +0100, Penny <spam@labyrinth.freeuk.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 1 Apr 2022 15:38:41 +0100, steve hague <stevehague82@gmail.com>
>> scrawled in the dust...
>>
>>> And when did we last hear "But Clarrieluv" when Eddie was trying to
>>> extricate himself from a dodgy scheme gone wrong? I suppose he would be
>>> about seventy now, so it maybe the time for the younger Grundies to step
>>> up to the plate.
>>
>> Eddie turned 71 a couple of weeks ago - and nobody mentioned it.
>
> They had a trip to Paris for CLarrie's birthday, didn't they? And some
> sort f party. Eddy wanted it in GG and did that happen or did it
> transfer to the cider shed?

The trip to Paris was associated with their Renewal of Vows. I think
that took place on their wedding anniversary, which was on the 21st
November last year. They were married in 1981 so that would have been
their Ruby Wedding. I hadn't remembered that it was a significant
anniversary.

--
CaroleT

Re: Grundies?

<t2a9pt$emv$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7303&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7303

From: chris.mc...@ntlworld.com (Chris)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2022 19:56:45 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:gB2JdHi+Ziqrh+NJzpH+I45uVsc=
 by: Chris - Sat, 2 Apr 2022 19:56 UTC

steve hague <stevehague82@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 01/04/2022 17:37, Mike McMillan wrote:
>> John Ashby <johnashby20@yahoo.com> wrote:

>>> That's funny, they don't look Jewish.
>>>
>>> john
>>>

>> I could easily picture old Joe in a skull cap!
>>

> Didn't he become a Methodist at some point, for some reason? I think he
> was enticed back to the CofE by the sausages Alan was cooking
> outside his tent when raising awareness about something or other. That's
> it, I've just remembered that Ambridge had it's first female vicar, and
> Joe couldn't be doing with it.
> Steve

Vicar Janet. Forget her surname, too comfy to go and look

Sincerely Chris

Re: Grundies?

<jat28pFbfkU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7310&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7310

From: Dav...@invalid.invalid (DavidK)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2022 08:56:09 +0100
 by: DavidK - Sun, 3 Apr 2022 07:56 UTC

On 02/04/2022 20:56, Chris wrote:
> Vicar Janet. Forget her surname, too comfy to go and look

Oh yes, and wasn't she someone else in disguise?*

*If shakespeare can do it, then so can the ambridge script-writers

Re: Grundies?

<t2bn8e$dq3$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7311&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7311

From: carolet....@gmail.com (carolet)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2022 09:52:31 +0100
 by: carolet - Sun, 3 Apr 2022 08:52 UTC

On 03/04/2022 08:56, DavidK wrote:
> On 02/04/2022 20:56, Chris wrote:
>> Vicar Janet.  Forget her surname, too comfy to go and look
>
> Oh yes, and wasn't she someone else in disguise?*
>
> *If shakespeare can do it, then so can the ambridge script-writers

Janet Fisher.

I didn't remember that, but I did remember that the eventually married
Siobhan's husband, Tim Hathaway, which meant that I could easily track
her down.

TAE confirms that Janet's appointment as vicar outraged Peggy, who
started worshipping at All Saints, Borchester. It also says that Bert
and Freda Fry and Susan Carter were also reluctant converts, but it
doesn't say anything about Joe objecting to her. I think his supposed
methodism went back long before that.

--
CaroleT

Re: Grundies?

<t2bs0m$875$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7312&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7312

From: chris.mc...@ntlworld.com (Chris)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2022 10:13:42 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:gLlAq243K0NT87AI8B53gBfaVWs=
 by: Chris - Sun, 3 Apr 2022 10:13 UTC

carolet <carolet.umrat@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 03/04/2022 08:56, DavidK wrote:
>> On 02/04/2022 20:56, Chris wrote:
>>> Vicar Janet.  Forget her surname, too comfy to go and look
>>
>> Oh yes, and wasn't she someone else in disguise?*
>>
>> *If shakespeare can do it, then so can the ambridge script-writers
>
> Janet Fisher.
>
> I didn't remember that, but I did remember that the eventually married
> Siobhan's husband, Tim Hathaway, which meant that I could easily track
> her down.
>
> TAE confirms that Janet's appointment as vicar outraged Peggy, who
> started worshipping at All Saints, Borchester. It also says that Bert
> and Freda Fry and Susan Carter were also reluctant converts, but it
> doesn't say anything about Joe objecting to her. I think his supposed
> methodism went back long before that.

Clean forgot Janet married Tim Hathaway.

Trouble is, the print in my hard copy books is hard to read without very
good lighting since I had cataract surgery so I hardly ever get them out
now.

Sincerely Chris

Re: Grundies?

<3q4j4htegtnaacas6ehcee3m7q8lql6dqn@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7314&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7314

From: nic...@themusicworkshop.plus.com (Nick Odell)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sun, 03 Apr 2022 13:30:41 +0100
 by: Nick Odell - Sun, 3 Apr 2022 12:30 UTC

On Sun, 3 Apr 2022 10:13:42 -0000 (UTC), Chris
<chris.mcmillan@ntlworld.com> wrote:

>carolet <carolet.umrat@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Oh yes, and wasn't she someone else in disguise?*
>>>
>>> *If shakespeare can do it, then so can the ambridge script-writers
>>
>> Janet Fisher.
>>
>> I didn't remember that, but I did remember that the eventually married
>> Siobhan's husband, Tim Hathaway, which meant that I could easily track
>> her down.
>>
>> TAE confirms that Janet's appointment as vicar outraged Peggy, who
>> started worshipping at All Saints, Borchester. It also says that Bert
>> and Freda Fry and Susan Carter were also reluctant converts, but it
>> doesn't say anything about Joe objecting to her. I think his supposed
>> methodism went back long before that.
>>

>Clean forgot Janet married Tim Hathaway.
>
>Trouble is, the print in my hard copy books is hard to read without very
>good lighting since I had cataract surgery so I hardly ever get them out
>now.

Yes, but what about the books?

Nick

Re: Grundies?

<t2ce7m$enn$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7315&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7315

From: nos...@blanchflower.me.uk (Serena Blanchflower)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2022 16:24:38 +0100
 by: Serena Blanchflower - Sun, 3 Apr 2022 15:24 UTC

On 03/04/2022 13:30, Nick Odell wrote:
> On Sun, 3 Apr 2022 10:13:42 -0000 (UTC), Chris
> <chris.mcmillan@ntlworld.com> wrote:

>> Trouble is, the print in my hard copy books is hard to read without very
>> good lighting since I had cataract surgery so I hardly ever get them out
>> now.
>>
> Yes, but what about the books?
>
> Nick

BTN!
--
Best wishes, Serena
I don't feel old. I don't feel anything until noon. Then it's time for

Re: Grundies?

<t2ch46$8ds$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7316&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7316

From: johnashb...@yahoo.com (John Ashby)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2022 17:13:58 +0100
 by: John Ashby - Sun, 3 Apr 2022 16:13 UTC

On 03/04/2022 16:24, Serena Blanchflower wrote:
> On 03/04/2022 13:30, Nick Odell wrote:
>> On Sun, 3 Apr 2022 10:13:42 -0000 (UTC), Chris
>> <chris.mcmillan@ntlworld.com> wrote:
>
>>> Trouble is, the print in my hard copy books is hard to read without very
>>> good lighting since I had cataract surgery so I hardly ever get them out
>>> now.
>>>
>> Yes, but what about the books?
>>
>> Nick
>
> BTN!