From: captain....@gmail.com (Mark)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Subject: Notes CPU/Energy
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2022 13:57:42 +0000
 by: Mark - Mon, 21 Mar 2022 13:57 UTC

Activity Monitor tells me Notes (which I just leave running in the
background) is using about 25% CPU and around 30.0 Energy Impact
(whatever those units are). This is Mojave on an older MBP. My fans
just started going a bit crazy (no, not THOSE fans - they're very
well-behaved). Is this usual behaviour for Notes?
--
Cheers ... Mark

Re: Notes CPU/Energy

<j9rglbFgu7eU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7259&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#7259

From: jai...@usually.sessile.org (Jaimie Vandenbergh)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Subject: Re: Notes CPU/Energy
Date: 21 Mar 2022 14:33:15 GMT
 by: Jaimie Vandenbergh - Mon, 21 Mar 2022 14:33 UTC

On 21 Mar 2022 at 13:57:42 GMT, "Mark" <captain.black@gmail.com> wrote:

> Activity Monitor tells me Notes (which I just leave running in the
> background) is using about 25% CPU and around 30.0 Energy Impact
> (whatever those units are). This is Mojave on an older MBP. My fans
> just started going a bit crazy (no, not THOSE fans - they're very
> well-behaved). Is this usual behaviour for Notes?

No. Likely something's gotten mashed up in the syncing. Tried
disabling/re-enabling sync?

Are you still using the IMAP mechanism? If you haven't already updated
to the iCloud (and that's supported in Mojave, I forget when it
happened) it'd be worth doing, if only to give it a slap round the
engine.

Cheers - Jaime
--
"How fleeting are all human passions compared
with the massive continuity of ducks"

Re: Notes CPU/Energy

<t1a396$hu3$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7261&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#7261

From: captain....@gmail.com (Mark)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2022 14:49:10 +0000
 by: Mark - Mon, 21 Mar 2022 14:49 UTC

On 2022-03-21 14:33:15 +0000, Jaimie Vandenbergh
<jaimie@usually.sessile.org> said:

> On 21 Mar 2022 at 13:57:42 GMT, "Mark" <captain.black@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Activity Monitor tells me Notes (which I just leave running in the
>> background) is using about 25% CPU and around 30.0 Energy Impact
>> (whatever those units are). This is Mojave on an older MBP. My fans
>> just started going a bit crazy (no, not THOSE fans - they're very
>> well-behaved). Is this usual behaviour for Notes?
>
> No. Likely something's gotten mashed up in the syncing. Tried
> disabling/re-enabling sync?
>
> Are you still using the IMAP mechanism? If you haven't already updated
> to the iCloud (and that's supported in Mojave, I forget when it
> happened) it'd be worth doing, if only to give it a slap round the
> engine.
>
> Cheers - Jaime

Just did a reboot to see if it helped - and it did (should have done
that first!) Yes, I think I'm all on iCloud now. Thanks.
--
Cheers ... Mark