From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Non-Event of the Day 736
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2022 16:42:47 +0000
 by: Spike - Wed, 23 Mar 2022 16:42 UTC

James Jolly, 30, of Princes Place, Stanmore, pleaded guilty to four
offences. He failed to stop for police and also driving without due care
and attention, both on Sloe Lane, Micheldever on January 31 last year.

Jolly also admitted driving a 57-reg Vauxhall Zafira without insurance
and not in accordance with a licence on Church Lane, Kings Worthy, on
the same day.

He had admitted the charges as far back as July last year and the case
was adjourned for a hearing to consider disqualification.

Magistrates fined him £840 with £90 costs and a £84 victim surcharge.
Nine penalty points were placed on his driving licence.

<https://www.hampshirechronicle.co.uk/news/20012638.driver-drove-off-police-close-cyclist-near-winchester/>

--
Spike

Re: Non-Event of the Day 736

<ja13clFjg8oU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7265&group=uk.rec.cycling#7265

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Non-Event of the Day 736
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2022 17:23:32 +0000
 by: JNugent - Wed, 23 Mar 2022 17:23 UTC

On 23/03/2022 04:42 pm, Spike wrote:

> James Jolly, 30, of Princes Place, Stanmore, pleaded guilty to four
> offences. He failed to stop for police and also driving without due care
> and attention, both on Sloe Lane, Micheldever on January 31 last year.
>
> Jolly also admitted driving a 57-reg Vauxhall Zafira without insurance
> and not in accordance with a licence on Church Lane, Kings Worthy, on
> the same day.
>
> He had admitted the charges as far back as July last year and the case
> was adjourned for a hearing to consider disqualification.
>
> Magistrates fined him £840 with £90 costs and a £84 victim surcharge.
> Nine penalty points were placed on his driving licence.
>
> <https://www.hampshirechronicle.co.uk/news/20012638.driver-drove-off-police-close-cyclist-near-winchester/>

"Not in accordance with a licence" usually means that the person so
charged simply doesn't have a licence.

If it were just that he was a provisionally-licenced learner without L
plates or an accompanying driver, those charges would be listed. They're
not.

The charge of no insurance, given the other clues, is another pointer to
Mr Jolly being nothing but a mere *fairy-cyclist* with ideas above his
station. No more than that.

Why do these fairy-cyclists so frequently attempt to "drive" without a
licence or insurance?

[There's a place called "Stanmore" in Winchester? Who knew?]

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Non-Event of the Day 736