From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Store coal in bathtubs? No...store bicycles!
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2022 08:42:30 +0000
 by: Spike - Thu, 24 Mar 2022 08:42 UTC

COMMENT:
Perhaps London could follow Glasgow's lead, and erect bicycle shelters
on the road. One per bicycle lane should significantly help the storage
'problem' as well as choking traffic even further.. It should also have
the benefit of reducing the body-odour that cyclists suffer from.
Although London preceded the bicycle by a couple of thousand years, that
is no reason why the metropolis shouldn't be completely remodelled, to
boost the political fortunes of its Mayor.
END

A coalition of clean air organisations, led by Clean Cities Campaign, is
calling on Londoners to share images of the awkward places they have to
store their bikes.

Photos shared so far have shown cyclists storing their bikes in
bathtubs, next to toilets and in cramped hallways.

“By not delivering the secure bike parking we need, London’s councillors
are failing residents who want to do the right thing and neglecting
their duties to reduce air pollution, tackle the climate crisis and help
prevent the 400 bike thefts that occur every week.”

<https://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/london-cyclists-bike-parking-wait-list-b989922.html>

--
Spike

Re: Store coal in bathtubs? No...store bicycles!

<ja3fdpF2rviU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7307&group=uk.rec.cycling#7307

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Store coal in bathtubs? No...store bicycles!
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2022 15:01:13 +0000
 by: JNugent - Thu, 24 Mar 2022 15:01 UTC

On 24/03/2022 08:42 am, Spike wrote:

> COMMENT:
> Perhaps London could follow Glasgow's lead, and erect bicycle shelters
> on the road. One per bicycle lane should significantly help the storage
> 'problem' as well as choking traffic even further.. It should also have
> the benefit of reducing the body-odour that cyclists suffer from.
> Although London preceded the bicycle by a couple of thousand years, that
> is no reason why the metropolis shouldn't be completely remodelled, to
> boost the political fortunes of its Mayor.
> END
>
> A coalition of clean air organisations, led by Clean Cities Campaign, is
> calling on Londoners to share images of the awkward places they have to
> store their bikes.

They don't "have" to store fairy-cycles anywhere.

They don't "have" to have them at all. It's voluntary.

> Photos shared so far have shown cyclists storing their bikes in
> bathtubs, next to toilets and in cramped hallways.

Store you private property on your own premises.

I do. So can you.

> “By not delivering the secure bike parking we need, London’s councillors
> are failing residents who want to do the right thing and neglecting
> their duties to reduce air pollution, tackle the climate crisis and help
> prevent the 400 bike thefts that occur every week.”
>
> <https://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/london-cyclists-bike-parking-wait-list-b989922.html>

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Store coal in bathtubs? No...store bicycles!