When nothing can possibly go wrong, it will.

aus+uk / uk.rec.motorcycles / Re: OT: COVID passports -

SubjectAuthor
* OT: COVID passports -Pipl
+* OT: COVID passports -wessie
|`- OT: COVID passports -Pipl
+- OT: COVID passports -Boots
+* OT: COVID passports -Pete
|`- OT: COVID passports -ChrisND @UKRM
+* OT: COVID passports -Pete Fisher
|`* OT: COVID passports -wessie
| `* OT: COVID passports -Pete Fisher
|  `* OT: COVID passports -wessie
|   `* OT: COVID passports -Pete Fisher
|    +* OT: COVID passports -Mark Olson
|    |`- OT: COVID passports -Pete Fisher
|    `* OT: COVID passports -wessie
|     `* OT: COVID passports -Pete Fisher
|      `- OT: COVID passports -wessie
`- OT: COVID passports -Andy Burns

1
OT: COVID passports -

<4boetg18snt1dfpvdphd3b89pg6td6b71h@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7234&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#7234

From: plusc...@live.co.uk (Pipl)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Subject: OT: COVID passports -
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2022 21:46:06 +0000
 by: Pipl - Thu, 6 Jan 2022 21:46 UTC

I thought I'd better get a COVID thingy sorted. Went through the
gubbins of entering DOB, contact details, NHS number, etc, then tried
to confirm mobile number as held by my GP. I got a screen that allowed
me to edit my details...a nd nothing else. I guess my GP doesn't have
a record of my mobile number.

So I thought I'd try another way: use my passport.

Which I photo'd, then uploaded... and the website then said I have to
record a video to prove my face matches.

My desktop doesn't have a camera. I could go through the whole
rigmarole again on my phone, I suppose.

Ye fucking Gods. So I can order a GHIC card (which could give access
to thousands of pounds' worth of treatment) without all this bollocks,
but not get a simple proof if COVID vaccination.

--

-Pip

Re: OT: COVID passports -

<XnsAE17E3965C5B5wtymmmsas@144.76.35.252>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7238&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#7238

From: willnotw...@tesco.net (wessie)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Subject: Re: OT: COVID passports -
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2022 22:22:22 -0000 (UTC)
 by: wessie - Thu, 6 Jan 2022 22:22 UTC

Pipl <pluscher@live.co.uk> wrote in

> I thought I'd better get a COVID thingy sorted. Went through the
> gubbins of entering DOB, contact details, NHS number, etc, then tried
> to confirm mobile number as held by my GP. I got a screen that allowed
> me to edit my details...a nd nothing else. I guess my GP doesn't have
> a record of my mobile number.
>
> So I thought I'd try another way: use my passport.
>
> Which I photo'd, then uploaded... and the website then said I have to
> record a video to prove my face matches.
>
> My desktop doesn't have a camera. I could go through the whole
> rigmarole again on my phone, I suppose.
>
> Ye fucking Gods. So I can order a GHIC card (which could give access
> to thousands of pounds' worth of treatment) without all this bollocks,
> but not get a simple proof if COVID vaccination.

I went through that rigmarole to open a bank account. I struggled to get a
decent photo of my passport as the plastic seal over my photo is very
reflective

Re: OT: COVID passports -

<scbkai-pv7.ln1@bilbo.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7246&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#7246

From: new...@millhouse-communications.co.uk (Boots)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2022 07:42:52 +0800
 by: Boots - Thu, 6 Jan 2022 23:42 UTC

On 07/01/2022 05:46 Pipl penned these words:

> I thought I'd better get a COVID thingy sorted. Went through the
> gubbins of entering DOB, contact details, NHS number, etc, then tried
> to confirm mobile number as held by my GP.

I wonder if I'll be able to transfer my foreign details to the UK app? It is
possible t'other way albeit by email/phone. Might make life simpler if the long
postponed visit next year can *finally* go ahead.

> Ye fucking Gods. So I can order a GHIC card (which could give access
> to thousands of pounds' worth of treatment) without all this bollocks,
> but not get a simple proof if COVID vaccination.

I am struggling to update bank details for L on our UK joint account. Santander
the useless twats seem unable to cope the way names are recorded for citizens
here. i.e. Last Name, First Name no concept of change of name on marriage.

--
Ian

"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of
the last priest"

Re: OT: COVID passports -

<ji2gtg53ac5p1njn4ufqslqvsh197g2i5j@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7259&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#7259

From: pem...@btmungeinternet.com (Pete)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2022 10:43:54 +0100
 by: Pete - Fri, 7 Jan 2022 09:43 UTC

On Thu, 06 Jan 2022 21:46:06 +0000, Pipl <pluscher@live.co.uk> wrote:

>I thought I'd better get a COVID thingy sorted. Went through the
>gubbins of entering DOB, contact details, NHS number, etc, then tried
>to confirm mobile number as held by my GP. I got a screen that allowed
>me to edit my details...a nd nothing else. I guess my GP doesn't have
>a record of my mobile number.
>
>So I thought I'd try another way: use my passport.
>
>Which I photo'd, then uploaded... and the website then said I have to
>record a video to prove my face matches.
>
>My desktop doesn't have a camera. I could go through the whole
>rigmarole again on my phone, I suppose.
>
>Ye fucking Gods. So I can order a GHIC card (which could give access
>to thousands of pounds' worth of treatment) without all this bollocks,
>but not get a simple proof if COVID vaccination.

This may be the time to revert to the old fashioned ways of actual
face to face communication - I think for most UK surgeries you can go
in and ask them to print off the certificate for you.

Not sure how that holds up for travel use, there are apparently two
different versions of the UK document, one for local, one for abroad.
Not that I'd know fior certain, happy to be corrected, just looked at
this in the context of our family's aborted visit here.
--

Pete
Garage vacancy now filled, N+1 incremented accordingly

Re: OT: COVID passports -

<j3qik6F92reU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7261&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#7261

From: pet...@ps-fisher.demon.co.uk (Pete Fisher)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2022 10:23:02 +0000
 by: Pete Fisher - Fri, 7 Jan 2022 10:23 UTC

On 06/01/2022 21:46, Pipl wrote:
> I thought I'd better get a COVID thingy sorted. Went through the
> gubbins of entering DOB, contact details, NHS number, etc, then tried
> to confirm mobile number as held by my GP. I got a screen that allowed
> me to edit my details...a nd nothing else. I guess my GP doesn't have
> a record of my mobile number.
>
> So I thought I'd try another way: use my passport.
>
> Which I photo'd, then uploaded... and the website then said I have to
> record a video to prove my face matches.
>
> My desktop doesn't have a camera. I could go through the whole
> rigmarole again on my phone, I suppose.
>
> Ye fucking Gods. So I can order a GHIC card (which could give access
> to thousands of pounds' worth of treatment) without all this bollocks,
> but not get a simple proof if COVID vaccination.

Setting up the NHS app did take a bit of jiggery pokery initially, but
so long as I remember my password seems to work OK to get a 'Domestic'
vaccination record pass. Is a 'travel' one more hassle?

I've even just registered for a 'Babylon' trial via our surgery/primary
care network.

Not used it other than a couple of symptom checker trial runs yet
(pretty much boiled down to go see a quack).

Must try an on-line video consultation. Last phone one I had with 'The
German Woman' as my old crusty Scottish Doctor used to call her was
bizarre. We got on to motorcycling (my kickstart hip being the issue).
I'm sure she had been at the Xmas sherry.

--
Moto Morini 2C/375, Moto Morini 2C/350
Gilera 175 Sport, Husqvarna 401 Svartpilen

Re: OT: COVID passports -

<XnsAE187FFF78991wtymmmsas@144.76.35.252>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7268&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#7268

From: willnotw...@tesco.net (wessie)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2022 12:34:58 -0000 (UTC)
 by: wessie - Fri, 7 Jan 2022 12:34 UTC

Pete Fisher <peter@ps-fisher.demon.co.uk> wrote in

> Setting up the NHS app did take a bit of jiggery pokery initially, but
> so long as I remember my password seems to work OK to get a 'Domestic'
> vaccination record pass. Is a 'travel' one more hassle?

In a browser, chrome remembers the password whether phone or laptop. I use
the NHS login periodically on the LFT ordering website.

With the NHS app, it is configured to use a fingerprint. I have largely
given up trying to remember passwords, except for the ones where banking
apps periodically ask for them after x fingerprint logins.

As for the travel pass - only needed abroad and easy to generate on the app
or website. I tend to generate it on my laptop to get the QR code on the
screen, which can then be scanned into the French Tous Anticovid app.

It's also easier to print the PDF for the travel pass from my laptop. I
would use this paper document at any border crossings and other places
asking for a passport e.g. hotels. Use the NHS or French app in bars etc.

Re: OT: COVID passports -

<j3qrd6FanmcU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7269&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#7269

From: pet...@ps-fisher.demon.co.uk (Pete Fisher)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2022 12:52:54 +0000
 by: Pete Fisher - Fri, 7 Jan 2022 12:52 UTC

On 07/01/2022 12:34, wessie wrote:
> Pete Fisher <peter@ps-fisher.demon.co.uk> wrote in
>

>> Setting up the NHS app did take a bit of jiggery pokery initially, but
>> so long as I remember my password seems to work OK to get a 'Domestic'
>> vaccination record pass. Is a 'travel' one more hassle?
>>

> In a browser, chrome remembers the password whether phone or laptop. I use
> the NHS login periodically on the LFT ordering website.
>
> With the NHS app, it is configured to use a fingerprint. I have largely
> given up trying to remember passwords, except for the ones where banking
> apps periodically ask for them after x fingerprint logins.
>
> As for the travel pass - only needed abroad and easy to generate on the app
> or website. I tend to generate it on my laptop to get the QR code on the
> screen, which can then be scanned into the French Tous Anticovid app.
>
> It's also easier to print the PDF for the travel pass from my laptop. I
> would use this paper document at any border crossings and other places
> asking for a passport e.g. hotels. Use the NHS or French app in bars etc.

Fingerprint ? I'm still on an old Samsung S6 !

--
Moto Morini 2C/375, Moto Morini 2C/350
Gilera 175 Sport, Husqvarna 401 Svartpilen
1937 Sunbeam Model 14 250 Sports
"Do not adjust your mind, there is a fault in the reality"

Re: OT: COVID passports -

<XnsAE18957366D41wtymmmsas@144.76.35.252>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7278&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#7278

From: willnotw...@tesco.net (wessie)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2022 14:41:30 -0000 (UTC)
 by: wessie - Fri, 7 Jan 2022 14:41 UTC

> On 07/01/2022 12:34, wessie wrote:
>> Pete Fisher <peter@ps-fisher.demon.co.uk> wrote in
>>

>>> Setting up the NHS app did take a bit of jiggery pokery initially,
>>> but so long as I remember my password seems to work OK to get a
>>> 'Domestic' vaccination record pass. Is a 'travel' one more hassle?
>>>

>> In a browser, chrome remembers the password whether phone or laptop.
>> I use the NHS login periodically on the LFT ordering website.
>>
>> With the NHS app, it is configured to use a fingerprint. I have
>> largely given up trying to remember passwords, except for the ones
>> where banking apps periodically ask for them after x fingerprint
>> logins.
>>
>> As for the travel pass - only needed abroad and easy to generate on
>> the app or website. I tend to generate it on my laptop to get the QR
>> code on the screen, which can then be scanned into the French Tous
>> Anticovid app.
>>
>> It's also easier to print the PDF for the travel pass from my laptop.
>> I would use this paper document at any border crossings and other
>> places asking for a passport e.g. hotels. Use the NHS or French app
>> in bars etc.
>

> Fingerprint ? I'm still on an old Samsung S6 !

hasn't that pet weasel of your's had a dozen or so cast offs he could
push your way by now? The Moto G5 I bought in 2017 had fingerprint
access. It was struggling with app updates so was replaced with a G10
for �110 a couple of months ago. Bigger screen is helpful too, use the
10" tablet less now!

Re: OT: COVID passports -

<j3rc88Fduh0U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7287&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#7287

From: pet...@ps-fisher.demon.co.uk (Pete Fisher)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2022 17:40:23 +0000
 by: Pete Fisher - Fri, 7 Jan 2022 17:40 UTC

On 07/01/2022 14:41, wessie wrote:
> Pete Fisher <peter@ps-fisher.demon.co.uk> wrote in
>
>> On 07/01/2022 12:34, wessie wrote:
>>> Pete Fisher <peter@ps-fisher.demon.co.uk> wrote in

>> Fingerprint ? I'm still on an old Samsung S6 !
>>

> hasn't that pet weasel of your's had a dozen or so cast offs he could
> push your way by now? The Moto G5 I bought in 2017 had fingerprint
> access. It was struggling with app updates so was replaced with a G10
> for Ł110 a couple of months ago. Bigger screen is helpful too, use the
> 10" tablet less now!

<VBG>

I fear his ex SO turned him to the Apple fanboi side two phones ago. He
tends to break or lose them these days. Not going iAnything, that's for
sure.

Might replace the S6 as the battery doesn't hold charge like it used to.

As to cast-offs I have my own including an ancient Samsung SGH250
'slider' dumb phone with an EE sim for 'emergency' phone in case of a
vodafone dead spot and need to keep it on for ages.

Also my original HTC Desire that the EE sim can be popped in to. With
almost everything including google account removed it stays charged
quite well. Only issue is Android 2 can't do https sites - anyone know a
cludge to fix it?

--
Moto Morini 2C/375, Moto Morini 2C/350
Gilera 175 Sport, Husqvarna 401 Svartpilen
1937 Sunbeam Model 14 250 Sports
"Do not adjust your mind, there is a fault in the reality"

Re: OT: COVID passports -

<sr9uf3$t24$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7288&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#7288

From: ols...@tiny.invalid (Mark Olson)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2022 17:49:23 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Mark Olson - Fri, 7 Jan 2022 17:49 UTC

Pete Fisher <peter@ps-fisher.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> quite well. Only issue is Android 2 can't do https sites - anyone know a
> cludge to fix it?

A 4 lb hammer ought to sort it nicely.

Swot I usually end up doing now with old electronic bits that have
morphed into time sinking attractive nuisances. Wish I would have
thought of it years ago.

Well, I did once a long time ago when I thought my approximately
1 year old quartz watch had died. Only after the application of
overwhelming force on the workbench vise's anvil, did it occur to me
that the battery had run down.

--
FJR1300A, GL1000, KLR650A6F, EX250J9A, DR200SE, Vespa Ciao

Re: OT: COVID passports -

<j3rf5uFeghkU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7289&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#7289

From: use...@andyburns.uk (Andy Burns)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2022 18:30:15 +0000
 by: Andy Burns - Fri, 7 Jan 2022 18:30 UTC

Pipl wrote:

> I thought I'd better get a COVID thingy sorted.

[snippety]

I'm not registered "electronically" with my GP, I don't have a current passport,
my driving licence is an old paper one, it allowed my to sign-in to the NHS app
with just my NHS number, DoB etc, and will allow me to produce a domestic covid
pass QR code, if I wanted an international one, I'd have to register with my
GP's online system, or go through the passport rigmarole you mentioned.

Re: OT: COVID passports -

<XnsAE18BD4743838wtymmmsas@144.76.35.252>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7290&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#7290

From: willnotw...@tesco.net (wessie)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2022 18:36:25 -0000 (UTC)
 by: wessie - Fri, 7 Jan 2022 18:36 UTC

> On 07/01/2022 14:41, wessie wrote:
>> Pete Fisher <peter@ps-fisher.demon.co.uk> wrote in

>>> Fingerprint ? I'm still on an old Samsung S6 !
>>>

>> hasn't that pet weasel of your's had a dozen or so cast offs he could
>> push your way by now? The Moto G5 I bought in 2017 had fingerprint
>> access. It was struggling with app updates so was replaced with a G10
>> for Ł110 a couple of months ago. Bigger screen is helpful too, use
>> the 10" tablet less now!
>
> <VBG>
>
> I fear his ex SO turned him to the Apple fanboi side two phones ago.
> He tends to break or lose them these days. Not going iAnything, that's
> for sure.
>
> Might replace the S6 as the battery doesn't hold charge like it used
> to.
>
> As to cast-offs I have my own including an ancient Samsung SGH250
> 'slider' dumb phone with an EE sim for 'emergency' phone in case of a
> vodafone dead spot and need to keep it on for ages.
>
> Also my original HTC Desire that the EE sim can be popped in to. With
> almost everything including google account removed it stays charged
> quite well. Only issue is Android 2 can't do https sites - anyone know
> a cludge to fix it?

the fix is above: Moto G10 with Android 11, although in short supply it
seems, and �20 dearer

Re: OT: COVID passports -

<j3rgu4FepetU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7291&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#7291

From: pet...@ps-fisher.demon.co.uk (Pete Fisher)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2022 19:00:20 +0000
 by: Pete Fisher - Fri, 7 Jan 2022 19:00 UTC

On 07/01/2022 17:49, Mark Olson wrote:
> Pete Fisher <peter@ps-fisher.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> quite well. Only issue is Android 2 can't do https sites - anyone know a
>> cludge to fix it?
>
> A 4 lb hammer ought to sort it nicely.
>
> Swot I usually end up doing now with old electronic bits that have
> morphed into time sinking attractive nuisances. Wish I would have
> thought of it years ago.
>
> Well, I did once a long time ago when I thought my approximately
> 1 year old quartz watch had died. Only after the application of
> overwhelming force on the workbench vise's anvil, did it occur to me
> that the battery had run down.

GPWM.

A good job we don't treat SOBs the same way or the VMCC and thousands of
machines wouldn't exist.

Oh, hang on...

--
Moto Morini 2C/375, Moto Morini 2C/350
Gilera 175 Sport, Husqvarna 401 Svartpilen
1937 Sunbeam Model 14 250 Sports
"Do not adjust your mind, there is a fault in the reality"

Re: OT: COVID passports -

<j3rhgrFeu1kU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7292&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#7292

From: pet...@ps-fisher.demon.co.uk (Pete Fisher)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2022 19:10:18 +0000
 by: Pete Fisher - Fri, 7 Jan 2022 19:10 UTC

On 07/01/2022 18:36, wessie wrote:
> Pete Fisher <peter@ps-fisher.demon.co.uk> wrote in
>
>> On 07/01/2022 14:41, wessie wrote:
>>> Pete Fisher <peter@ps-fisher.demon.co.uk> wrote in

>>> hasn't that pet weasel of your's had a dozen or so cast offs he could
>>> push your way by now? The Moto G5 I bought in 2017 had fingerprint
>>> access. It was struggling with app updates so was replaced with a G10
>>> for ЕЃ110 a couple of months ago. Bigger screen is helpful too, use
>>> the 10" tablet less now!
>>
>> <VBG>
>>
>> I fear his ex SO turned him to the Apple fanboi side two phones ago.
>> He tends to break or lose them these days. Not going iAnything, that's
>> for sure.
>>
>> Might replace the S6 as the battery doesn't hold charge like it used
>> to.
>>
>> As to cast-offs I have my own including an ancient Samsung SGH250
>> 'slider' dumb phone with an EE sim for 'emergency' phone in case of a
>> vodafone dead spot and need to keep it on for ages.
>>
>> Also my original HTC Desire that the EE sim can be popped in to. With
>> almost everything including google account removed it stays charged
>> quite well. Only issue is Android 2 can't do https sites - anyone know
>> a cludge to fix it?
>>

> the fix is above: Moto G10 with Android 11, although in short supply it
> seems, and Ј20 dearer

Well yes, but the HTC is worth £0 so I don't mind if it drops out of a
bike jacket pocket or I sit on it. Plus how long does the Moto battery
last if ON ? SWMBOs Moto G whatever is forever going flat, put she is
always leaving power hungry apps like 'Fitbit' and OS maps tracker running.

The Samsing SG250, I once threw on the floor of an Orange Mobile shop to
make a point about fitness of purpose for devices designed to be carried
in one hand.

I suppose insurance is the answer for a phone as much as the bike I am
riding.

And another thing. Samsung smart TV hardware lasts a lot longer than the
firmware and smart hub software, Planned obsolescence with knobs on.

--
Moto Morini 2C/375, Moto Morini 2C/350
Gilera 175 Sport, Husqvarna 401 Svartpilen
1937 Sunbeam Model 14 250 Sports
"Do not adjust your mind, there is a fault in the reality"

Re: OT: COVID passports -

<XnsAE18C696B4D9Ewtymmmsas@144.76.35.252>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7294&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#7294

From: willnotw...@tesco.net (wessie)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2022 19:31:20 -0000 (UTC)
 by: wessie - Fri, 7 Jan 2022 19:31 UTC

> On 07/01/2022 18:36, wessie wrote:
>> Pete Fisher <peter@ps-fisher.demon.co.uk> wrote in

>>> <VBG>
>>>
>>> I fear his ex SO turned him to the Apple fanboi side two phones ago.
>>> He tends to break or lose them these days. Not going iAnything,
>>> that's for sure.
>>>
>>> Might replace the S6 as the battery doesn't hold charge like it used
>>> to.
>>>
>>> As to cast-offs I have my own including an ancient Samsung SGH250
>>> 'slider' dumb phone with an EE sim for 'emergency' phone in case of
>>> a vodafone dead spot and need to keep it on for ages.
>>>
>>> Also my original HTC Desire that the EE sim can be popped in to.
>>> With almost everything including google account removed it stays
>>> charged quite well. Only issue is Android 2 can't do https sites -
>>> anyone know a cludge to fix it?
>>>

>> the fix is above: Moto G10 with Android 11, although in short supply
>> it seems, and Ј20 dearer
>

> Well yes, but the HTC is worth £0 so I don't mind if it drops out of
> a bike jacket pocket or I sit on it. Plus how long does the Moto
> battery last if ON ? SWMBOs Moto G whatever is forever going flat, put
> she is always leaving power hungry apps like 'Fitbit' and OS maps
> tracker running.

G10 gets a charge every other day. Usually down to 40% then and that's
streaming Radio 4 for several hours a day. Uses a bit more if I use it
to stream Spotfy via bluetooth, but usually do that via the laptop.

G5 needed a daily charge, especially after 3 years.

I have yet to break or lose[1] a phone, despite them living in the
breast pocket of my HG/Rukka jacket on long trips. Never had insurance:
it's a �110 item so I self insure.

[1] other than temporarily mislaying it such as when it hides under a
car seat

Re: OT: COVID passports -

<esehtgl4vmh9afprnku22lfv8k06vvgber@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7295&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#7295

From: plusc...@live.co.uk (Pipl)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2022 22:21:57 +0000
 by: Pipl - Fri, 7 Jan 2022 22:21 UTC

On Thu, 6 Jan 2022 22:22:22 -0000 (UTC), wessie
<willnotwork@tesco.net> wrote:

>I went through that rigmarole to open a bank account. I struggled to get a
>decent photo of my passport as the plastic seal over my photo is very
>reflective

I got round that by making sure the light source was offset.

After my rant I did try again, using the mobile. Isn't it funny that
members of the household start stomping past the study when you're
trying to record a video.

To my surprise, I got an email this morning confirming it had been
checked. I withdraw my rant.

--

-Pip

Re: OT: COVID passports -

<j3tkj6Fqtv5U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7299&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#7299

From: chri...@privacy.net (ChrisND @UKRM)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2022 14:15:02 +0000
 by: ChrisND @UKRM - Sat, 8 Jan 2022 14:15 UTC

On 07/01/2022 09:43, Pete wrote:
> On Thu, 06 Jan 2022 21:46:06 +0000, Pipl <pluscher@live.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> I thought I'd better get a COVID thingy sorted. Went through the
>> gubbins of entering DOB, contact details, NHS number, etc, then tried
>> to confirm mobile number as held by my GP. I got a screen that allowed
>> me to edit my details...a nd nothing else. I guess my GP doesn't have
>> a record of my mobile number.
>>
>> So I thought I'd try another way: use my passport.
>>
>> Which I photo'd, then uploaded... and the website then said I have to
>> record a video to prove my face matches.
>>
>> My desktop doesn't have a camera. I could go through the whole
>> rigmarole again on my phone, I suppose.
>>
>> Ye fucking Gods. So I can order a GHIC card (which could give access
>> to thousands of pounds' worth of treatment) without all this bollocks,
>> but not get a simple proof if COVID vaccination.
>

> This may be the time to revert to the old fashioned ways of actual
> face to face communication - I think for most UK surgeries you can go
> in and ask them to print off the certificate for you.

Or do it online at the gov.uk website :-)
HTH C

--
The Deuchars BBB#40 COFF#14
Yamaha XV750SE & Suzuki GS550t