From: BDB...@invalid.invalid (David Brooks)
Subject: Good Mac AV article!
Newsgroups: alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2022 09:47:57 +0000
 by: David Brooks - Sat, 19 Mar 2022 09:47 UTC

Best antivirus for Mac: Get the best protection from viruses and malware
Macs may be attacked less often than other platforms, but they're not
invincible.

https://www.macworld.com/article/231118/best-antivirus-for-mac.html

Who would buy ClamXav after reading this?

Note: British Telecom (BT) provide Norton protection for all customers
who use them as an ISP - FREE of charge!

Re: Good Mac AV article!

<oe-dnR2trKuAbqr_nZ2dnUU7-KfNnZ2d@supernews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7242&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#7242

Newsgroups: alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac
Subject: Re: Good Mac AV article!
From: non...@none.none (Bob Campbell)
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2022 22:38:05 -0500
 by: Bob Campbell - Mon, 21 Mar 2022 03:38 UTC

David Brooks <BDB@invalid.invalid> wrote:
> Best antivirus for Mac: Get the best protection from viruses and malware
> Macs may be attacked less often than other platforms, but they're not
> invincible.
>
> https://www.macworld.com/article/231118/best-antivirus-for-mac.html
>
> Who would buy ClamXav after reading this?
>
> Note: British Telecom (BT) provide Norton protection for all customers
> who use them as an ISP - FREE of charge!

LOL Norton. “”FREE of charge” and worth every penny. I wouldn’t use
Norton if someone paid me.  It is shit software.

Re: Good Mac AV article!

<TD6_J.128599$Mpg8.32718@fx34.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7293&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#7293

Newsgroups: alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac
From: BD...@nomale.afrayed.org (David (BD))
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2022 22:04:34 +0000
 by: David (BD) - Mon, 21 Mar 2022 22:04 UTC

On 21/03/2022 03:38, Bob Campbell wrote:
> David Brooks <BDB@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>> Best antivirus for Mac: Get the best protection from viruses and malware
>> Macs may be attacked less often than other platforms, but they're not
>> invincible.
>>
>> https://www.macworld.com/article/231118/best-antivirus-for-mac.html
>>
>> Who would buy ClamXav after reading this?
>>
>> Note: British Telecom (BT) provide Norton protection for all customers
>> who use them as an ISP - FREE of charge!
>>

> LOL Norton. “”FREE of charge” and worth every penny. I wouldn’t use
> Norton if someone paid me.  It is shit software.

Surely someone should have explained that to BT before it was proferred
to millions of BT customers?

Notwithstanding, which AV software do YOU use?

Re: Good Mac AV article!

<xrydnX7nk57KoKT_nZ2dnUU7-VXNnZ2d@supernews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7295&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#7295

Newsgroups: alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac
From: non...@none.none (Bob Campbell)
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2022 22:07:03 -0500
 by: Bob Campbell - Tue, 22 Mar 2022 03:07 UTC

David (BD) <BD@nomale.afrayed.org> wrote:

>> LOL Norton. “”FREE of charge” and worth every penny. I wouldn’t use
>> Norton if someone paid me.  It is shit software.
>
> Surely someone should have explained that to BT before it was proferred
> to millions of BT customers?
>
> Notwithstanding, which AV software do YOU use?

On Macs, nothing. On Windows, the included software is fine.

BT must have been paid a huge amount of cash by Norton to promote Norton
AV “for free”.

That should tell you all you need to know about how desperate Norton is
these days. If Norton was successful, they wouldn’t be paying people to
use it, would they?

Of course, I don’t expect you to understand any of this, being the flaming
dipshit asshole that you are.