From: daniele-...@invalid.com (D.M. Procida)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Subject: Glitchy M1 MacBook Pro audio
Date: 22 Mar 2022 20:11:45 GMT
 by: D.M. Procida - Tue, 22 Mar 2022 20:11 UTC

The audio from Music and other sources is glitchy on this MacBook. Every few
minutes, when playing back something, there's a momentary crackle from both
speakers.

It only happens when playing back audio, or streaming Internet radio. It
doesn't occur in Google Meet etc. After a reboot, the problem disappears for
some time, then starts again - I can't work out a cause.

There have been some reports of similar issues and solutions, but so far I
haven't found one that seems to be the same as the one I'm experiencing, or a
solution.

Daniele

Re: Glitchy M1 MacBook Pro audio

<Lv6dneXCHpqgUKf_nZ2dnUU7-budnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7318&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#7318

Subject: Re: Glitchy M1 MacBook Pro audio
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
From: davidken...@gmail.com (David Kennedy)
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2022 07:33:16 +0000
 by: David Kennedy - Wed, 23 Mar 2022 07:33 UTC

On 22/03/2022 20:11, D.M. Procida wrote:
> The audio from Music and other sources is glitchy on this MacBook. Every few
> minutes, when playing back something, there's a momentary crackle from both
> speakers.
>
> It only happens when playing back audio, or streaming Internet radio. It
> doesn't occur in Google Meet etc. After a reboot, the problem disappears for
> some time, then starts again - I can't work out a cause.
>
> There have been some reports of similar issues and solutions, but so far I
> haven't found one that seems to be the same as the one I'm experiencing, or a
> solution.
>
> Daniele

Time for a trip into town?

aus+uk / uk.comp.sys.mac / Glitchy M1 MacBook Pro audio