From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: Automotive technology
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2021 13:12:09 +1100
 by: Yosemite Sam - Sun, 14 Nov 2021 02:12 UTC

Driving thru pouring rain yesterday, it occurred to me that despite all
the advances in motor vehicle design, there has not yet been invented
(and implemented) a better way of keeping windscreens clear of rain than
by windscreen wipers.. a method that has, although been significantly
improved, has remained unchanged since the very early days of motoring.

--
"A mans got to know his limitations"
- clint Eastwood as Dirty Harry

Re: Automotive technology

<rds2pgtkvo5psijcnncr1fceo2k70uq8dm@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7334&group=aus.cars#7334

From: pj...@jostle.com (Peter Jason)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: Re: Automotive technology
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2021 07:34:09 +1100
 by: Peter Jason - Sun, 14 Nov 2021 20:34 UTC

On Sun, 14 Nov 2021 13:12:09 +1100, Yosemite Sam <felix@invalid.com>
wrote:

>Driving thru pouring rain yesterday, it occurred to me that despite all
>the advances in motor vehicle design, there has not yet been invented
>(and implemented) a better way of keeping windscreens clear of rain than
>by windscreen wipers.. a method that has, although been significantly
>improved, has remained unchanged since the very early days of motoring.

The solution is clear.
Treat the glass surface with a water-repellant.
https://tinyurl.com/yvj9byjj
Or add an agent in the surface of the glass.

Re: Automotive technology

<ivjsvdFeo57U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7418&group=aus.cars#7418

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2021 19:32:57 +1100
 by: Yosemite Sam - Wed, 17 Nov 2021 08:32 UTC

On 15/11/2021 7:34 am, Peter Jason wrote:
> On Sun, 14 Nov 2021 13:12:09 +1100, Yosemite Sam <felix@invalid.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Driving thru pouring rain yesterday, it occurred to me that despite all
>> the advances in motor vehicle design, there has not yet been invented
>> (and implemented) a better way of keeping windscreens clear of rain than
>> by windscreen wipers.. a method that has, although been significantly
>> improved, has remained unchanged since the very early days of motoring.
> The solution is clear.
> Treat the glass surface with a water-repellant.
> https://tinyurl.com/yvj9byjj
> Or add an agent in the surface of the glass.

yes, I was thinking that by now we would have something better than
wiper blades like, as you say, some form of treatment of the glass. but
that in itself would not be enough, so I was thinking maybe also hi
pressure hot air streamed over the windscreen surface from the bottom
up, and the glass heated?