From: f2r...@loonynutters.com (Fran)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Subject: Ping Daniel
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2021 14:45:49 +1000
 by: Fran - Tue, 21 Sep 2021 04:45 UTC

I was writing a response to your post about your father's death and his
loyal dog when the power suddenly went out an dI lost what I wrote.

No, you haven't told the story before. It sounds like your father had a
peaceful and quite sudden death. IMO, that is the sort of death I'd
choose (but then I've had multiple cancers and the prospect of a long
and lingering death was not one I fancied).

And the dog..... Who took over care of that loyal dog?

Re: Ping Daniel

<sic34c$rei$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7275&group=aus.politics#7275

From: danie...@eternal-september.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Subject: Re: Ping Daniel
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2021 17:54:50 +1000
 by: Daniel65 - Tue, 21 Sep 2021 07:54 UTC

Fran wrote on 21/9/21 2:45 pm:
> I was writing a response to your post about your father's death and his
> loyal dog when the power suddenly went out an dI lost what I wrote.

Timing ... absolutely atrocious!! (As usual!!) (Notes you are using
Thunderbird. Doesn't it 'save' a copy of your message every couple of
minutes??)

> No, you haven't told the story before.  It sounds like your father had a
> peaceful and quite sudden death.  IMO, that is the sort of death I'd
> choose

Yeap!! If there's such a thing as an idyllic death, his was just about it!

> (but then I've had multiple cancers and the prospect of a long
> and lingering death was not one I fancied).

I think we could all relate to that.

> And the dog.....  Who took over care of that loyal dog?

I got to look after Spike ... for a couple of years, until he went to
rejoin Dad!
--
Daniel

Re: Ping Daniel

<8l6jkghp53d8ncrequshsij1d7339ms8m4@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7276&group=aus.politics#7276

From: pet...@gmail.com (Petzl)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2021 18:42:13 +1000
 by: Petzl - Tue, 21 Sep 2021 08:42 UTC

On Tue, 21 Sep 2021 17:54:50 +1000, Daniel65
<daniel47@eternal-september.org> wrote:

>Fran wrote on 21/9/21 2:45 pm:
>> I was writing a response to your post about your father's death and his
>> loyal dog when the power suddenly went out an dI lost what I wrote.
>
>Timing ... absolutely atrocious!! (As usual!!) (Notes you are using
>Thunderbird. Doesn't it 'save' a copy of your message every couple of
>minutes??)
>>
>> No, you haven't told the story before.  It sounds like your father had a
>> peaceful and quite sudden death.  IMO, that is the sort of death I'd
>> choose
>
>Yeap!! If there's such a thing as an idyllic death, his was just about it!
>
>> (but then I've had multiple cancers and the prospect of a long
>> and lingering death was not one I fancied).
>
>I think we could all relate to that.
>
>> And the dog.....  Who took over care of that loyal dog?
>
>I got to look after Spike ... for a couple of years, until he went to
>rejoin Dad!

Glad you understood as I would of
--
Petzl
Tiberius Caesar who reigned for 22 years,
and his last year was AD 37. wrote:
"The extremities of Spain, the various parts of Gaul, the regions of
Britain which have never been penetrated by Roman arms, have received
the religion of Christ."

Re: Ping Daniel

<iqtmimFjv6iU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7277&group=aus.politics#7277

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2021 19:22:25 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Tue, 21 Sep 2021 09:22 UTC

Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote
> Daniel65 <daniel47@eternal-september.org> wrote
>> Fran wrote

>>> I was writing a response to your post about your father's death and his
>>> loyal dog when the power suddenly went out an dI lost what I wrote.
>>
>>Timing ... absolutely atrocious!! (As usual!!) (Notes you are using
>>Thunderbird. Doesn't it 'save' a copy of your message every couple of
>>minutes??)
>>>
>>> No, you haven't told the story before. It sounds like your father had a
>>> peaceful and quite sudden death. IMO, that is the sort of death I'd
>>> choose
>>
>>Yeap!! If there's such a thing as an idyllic death, his was just about it!
>>
>>> (but then I've had multiple cancers and the prospect of a long
>>> and lingering death was not one I fancied).
>>
>>I think we could all relate to that.
>>
>>> And the dog..... Who took over care of that loyal dog?
>>
>>I got to look after Spike ... for a couple of years, until he went to
>>rejoin Dad!
>>
> Glad you understood as I would of

How is yours going ? I meant to comment earlier and managed to get
sidetracked.

Re: Ping Daniel

<sici6u$9po$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7291&group=aus.politics#7291

From: danie...@eternal-september.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2021 22:12:13 +1000
 by: Daniel65 - Tue, 21 Sep 2021 12:12 UTC

Daniel65 wrote on 21/9/21 5:54 pm:
> Fran wrote on 21/9/21 2:45 pm:
>> I was writing a response to your post about your father's death and
>> his loyal dog when the power suddenly went out an dI lost what I wrote.
>
> Timing ... absolutely atrocious!! (As usual!!) (Notes you are using
> Thunderbird. Doesn't it 'save' a copy of your message every couple of
> minutes??)
>>
>> No, you haven't told the story before.  It sounds like your father had
>> a peaceful and quite sudden death.  IMO, that is the sort of death I'd
>> choose
>
> Yeap!! If there's such a thing as an idyllic death, his was just about it!

Perhaps I should have also mentioned that, when Dad was born in 1919, he
was something like three months Prem.

Sure, now-a-days, three months Prem is not much of a problem (well,
almost!!).... but in 1919!!

He was partially deaf, presumable because of the under-development due
to his Prem birth, .... and, because of that he had a bit of a speech
impediment.

Before driving an Ambulance in WWII, he trained as a Plasterer, back
when you had to slop the 'liquid' plaster onto wooden slattes ... and
before you put the slattes up, you needed to do all the plumbing and
electrical wiring. And then, after putting up the plaster, you had to
paint it .... so he became a "Jack of all trades, master of none,
home-repair-wise!!"

(Thank you for allowing me to flush out my tear-ducts, Fran!! ;-) )
--
Daniel

Re: Ping Daniel

<sidrep$o34$5@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7320&group=aus.politics#7320

From: f2r...@loonynutters.com (Fran)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2021 09:56:10 +1000
 by: Fran - Tue, 21 Sep 2021 23:56 UTC

On 21/09/2021 5:54 pm, Daniel65 wrote:
> Fran wrote on 21/9/21 2:45 pm:
>> I was writing a response to your post about your father's death and
>> his loyal dog when the power suddenly went out an dI lost what I wrote.
>
> Timing ... absolutely atrocious!! (As usual!!) (Notes you are using
> Thunderbird. Doesn't it 'save' a copy of your message every couple of
> minutes??)

Dunno. The computer just stopped instantly and th epower stayed out for
a couple of hours.

>> No, you haven't told the story before.  It sounds like your father had
>> a peaceful and quite sudden death.  IMO, that is the sort of death I'd
>> choose
>
> Yeap!! If there's such a thing as an idyllic death, his was just about it!
>
>> (but then I've had multiple cancers and the prospect of a long and
>> lingering death was not one I fancied).
>
> I think we could all relate to that.
>
>> And the dog.....  Who took over care of that loyal dog?
>
> I got to look after Spike ... for a couple of years, until he went to
> rejoin Dad!

:-)) Nice ending. I hate to hear stories of old dogs ending up being
passed on and not cared for or loved by descendants.

Re: Ping Daniel

<sidrku$reh$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7321&group=aus.politics#7321

From: f2r...@loonynutters.com (Fran)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2021 09:59:24 +1000
 by: Fran - Tue, 21 Sep 2021 23:59 UTC

On 21/09/2021 10:12 pm, Daniel65 wrote:
> Daniel65 wrote on 21/9/21 5:54 pm:
>> Fran wrote on 21/9/21 2:45 pm:
>>> I was writing a response to your post about your father's death and
>>> his loyal dog when the power suddenly went out an dI lost what I wrote.
>>
>> Timing ... absolutely atrocious!! (As usual!!) (Notes you are using
>> Thunderbird. Doesn't it 'save' a copy of your message every couple of
>> minutes??)
>>>
>>> No, you haven't told the story before.  It sounds like your father
>>> had a peaceful and quite sudden death.  IMO, that is the sort of
>>> death I'd choose
>>
>> Yeap!! If there's such a thing as an idyllic death, his was just about
>> it!
>
> Perhaps I should have also mentioned that, when Dad was born in 1919, he
> was something like three months Prem.
>
> Sure, now-a-days, three months Prem is not much of a problem (well,
> almost!!).... but in 1919!!

Yep. Yur Dad was a year younger than my Dad.

> He was partially deaf, presumable because of the under-development due
> to his Prem birth, .... and, because of that he had a bit of a speech
> impediment.
>
> Before driving an Ambulance in WWII, he trained as a Plasterer, back
> when you had to slop the 'liquid' plaster onto wooden slattes ... and
> before you put the slattes up, you needed to do all the plumbing and
> electrical wiring. And then, after putting up the plaster, you had to
> paint it .... so he became a "Jack of all trades, master of none,
> home-repair-wise!!"

God I need your Dad! I am vainly searching for a 'hard plasterer' and
they are are rare as rocking horse poop. I'm hoping to find some old
Italian bloke somewhere who still remembers how to dot sort of work.

> (Thank you for allowing me to flush out my tear-ducts, Fran!! ;-) )

Any time Daniel :-)) We've all lost someone we loved dearly.

aus+uk / aus.politics / Re: Ping Daniel