The odds are a million to one against your being one in a million.

aus+uk / aus.legal / Re: We're doomed!

SubjectAuthor
* We're doomed!Peter Jason
+- Re: We're doomed!Rod Speed
+* Re: We're doomed!Sylvia Else
|`* Re: We're doomed!Sylvia Else
| +- Re: We're doomed!Rod Speed
| `- Re: We're doomed!Sylvia Else
`* Re: We're doomed!Computer Nerd Kev
 `- Re: We're doomed!Peter Jason

1
We're doomed!

<0j2lhhtdguuom2i2r159pej0kedge63q3u@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7270&group=aus.legal#7270

From: pj...@jostle.com (Peter Jason)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Subject: We're doomed!
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2022 10:39:58 +1000
 by: Peter Jason - Fri, 9 Sep 2022 00:39 UTC

Now that Liz2 is dead there'll be nothing on TV except her life
re-runs, opining toffs, sombre newsreaders, and cackling gushing
harpies!

And one other thing...

O Fate how cruel thy sting
To take the Queen & leave the King!

Weep!

Re: We're doomed!

<op.1r7jjmc6byq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7274&group=aus.legal#7274

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Subject: Re: We're doomed!
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2022 12:51:12 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Fri, 9 Sep 2022 02:51 UTC

Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote

> Now that Liz2 is dead there'll be nothing on TV except her life
> re-runs, opining toffs, sombre newsreaders, and cackling gushing
> harpies!

Bullshit. Plenty more than that on the best channels and even the shit
channels.

> And one other thing...

You don't qualify for more than one, boy.

> O Fate how cruel thy sting
> To take the Queen & leave the King!

Down, boy.

> Weep!

Go and snivel somewhere else, boy.

That stupid cow royally fucked up the lives of almost everyone
in that pathetic excuse for a family except Bill the Dill.

Re: We're doomed!

<jnvod4Fcu1aU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7277&group=aus.legal#7277

From: syl...@email.invalid (Sylvia Else)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2022 12:57:39 +1000
 by: Sylvia Else - Fri, 9 Sep 2022 02:57 UTC

On 09-Sept-22 10:39 am, Peter Jason wrote:
> Now that Liz2 is dead there'll be nothing on TV except her life
> re-runs, opining toffs, sombre newsreaders, and cackling gushing
> harpies!

Yes. No point in turning on the TV news for the next couple of weeks at
least. They dragged out P Philip's death for at least a week, and he was
just a royal hanger-on.

Sylvia.

Re: We're doomed!

<jnvsptFdhcrU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7280&group=aus.legal#7280

From: syl...@email.invalid (Sylvia Else)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2022 14:12:45 +1000
 by: Sylvia Else - Fri, 9 Sep 2022 04:12 UTC

On 09-Sept-22 12:57 pm, Sylvia Else wrote:
> On 09-Sept-22 10:39 am, Peter Jason wrote:
>> Now that Liz2 is dead there'll be nothing on TV except her life
>> re-runs, opining toffs, sombre newsreaders, and cackling gushing
>> harpies!
>>

> Yes. No point in turning on the TV news for the next couple of weeks at
> least. They dragged out P Philip's death for at least a week, and he was
> just a royal hanger-on.
>
> Sylvia.

I've now realised the the coronation won't be for more than a year. I
expect we'll be getting interminable updates about that for the entire
time. Bit like the 2000 Olympics, but much worse.

Sylvia.

Re: We're doomed!

<op.1r7olhbsbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7284&group=aus.legal#7284

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2022 14:40:19 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Fri, 9 Sep 2022 04:40 UTC

On Fri, 09 Sep 2022 14:12:45 +1000, Sylvia Else <sylvia@email.invalid>
wrote:

> On 09-Sept-22 12:57 pm, Sylvia Else wrote:
>> On 09-Sept-22 10:39 am, Peter Jason wrote:
>>> Now that Liz2 is dead there'll be nothing on TV except her life
>>> re-runs, opining toffs, sombre newsreaders, and cackling gushing
>>> harpies!
>>>
>> Yes. No point in turning on the TV news for the next couple of weeks
>> at least. They dragged out P Philip's death for at least a week, and he
>> was just a royal hanger-on.
>> Sylvia.
>
> I've now realised the the coronation won't be for more than a year. I
> expect we'll be getting interminable updates about that for the entire
> time. Bit like the 2000 Olympics, but much worse.

Thats why I don't bother with the TV News at all anymore.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/justin/
http://feeds.bbci.co.uk/news/rss.xml?edition=uk
works a lot better and it is easy to skip the crap that is of no interest.

Too much opinion shit for me with both but SBS which claims
just news and no opinion at all doesn't have anything similar.

Re: We're doomed!

<631bbe55@news.ausics.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7300&group=aus.legal#7300

From: not...@telling.you.invalid (Computer Nerd Kev)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: 10 Sep 2022 08:29:42 +1000
 by: Computer Nerd Kev - Fri, 9 Sep 2022 22:29 UTC

Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote:
> Now that Liz2 is dead there'll be nothing on TV except her life
> re-runs,

I quite liked the life re-runs, though I also watched the official
film of the queen's second visit to Australia when the NFSA
uploaded it to YouTube a month or two ago, so maybe I'm an
exceptional case.

> opining toffs, sombre newsreaders, and cackling gushing harpies!

Well yeah, I could have done without a lot of that. Still I didn't
know about it until tuning in for the evening news - I was
wondering why a flag was at half mast when I went into town.

--
__ __
#_ < |\| |< _#

Re: We're doomed!

<jo2minFr23lU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7312&group=aus.legal#7312

From: syl...@email.invalid (Sylvia Else)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2022 15:44:53 +1000
 by: Sylvia Else - Sat, 10 Sep 2022 05:44 UTC

On 09-Sept-22 2:12 pm, Sylvia Else wrote:
> On 09-Sept-22 12:57 pm, Sylvia Else wrote:
>> On 09-Sept-22 10:39 am, Peter Jason wrote:
>>> Now that Liz2 is dead there'll be nothing on TV except her life
>>> re-runs, opining toffs, sombre newsreaders, and cackling gushing
>>> harpies!
>>>

>> Yes. No point in turning on the TV news for the next couple of weeks
>> at least. They dragged out P Philip's death for at least a week, and
>> he was just a royal hanger-on.
>>
>> Sylvia.
>
> I've now realised the the coronation won't be for more than a year. I
> expect we'll be getting interminable updates about that for the entire
> time. Bit like the 2000 Olympics, but much worse.
>
> Sylvia.

I wonder if we could have an equivalent of "The Games", which almost
made the Olympic suffering worthwhile. Though it would have to be
without the sadly late John Clarke, which might make it a non-starter
from all directions.

Sylvia.

Re: We're doomed!

<s6jshh1uujt2pkvq78906fmstspcmo5uem@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7324&group=aus.legal#7324

From: pj...@jostle.com (Peter Jason)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2022 07:08:52 +1000
 by: Peter Jason - Sun, 11 Sep 2022 21:08 UTC

On 10 Sep 2022 08:29:42 +1000, not@telling.you.invalid (Computer Nerd
Kev) wrote:

>Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote:
>> Now that Liz2 is dead there'll be nothing on TV except her life
>> re-runs,
>
>I quite liked the life re-runs, though I also watched the official
>film of the queen's second visit to Australia when the NFSA
>uploaded it to YouTube a month or two ago, so maybe I'm an
>exceptional case.
>
>> opining toffs, sombre newsreaders, and cackling gushing harpies!
>
>Well yeah, I could have done without a lot of that. Still I didn't
>know about it until tuning in for the evening news - I was
>wondering why a flag was at half mast when I went into town.

I watched a few of the old coronation films. The Re
mastering/restoration is very good. So too are most of the other
historical movies of that time.
Supposedly, this would be routine now with all archival movies and
even with films of the 1970s. They're even colonizing old war movies.
EG The movie "Vampire Circus" (c1971) is restoration perfection and
even includes some of the racy scenes chopped out by the then censor.
Some old movies are certainly worth watching again.