Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth

aus+uk / uk.rec.sheds / Wheeeeee!

SubjectAuthor
* Wheeeeee!Bernard Peek
+* Wheeeeee!Nick Odell
|+- Wheeeeee!hubops
|+* Wheeeeee!The Nomad
||+* Wheeeeee!Peter
|||`* Wheeeeee!Ahem A Rivet's Shot
||| +* Wheeeeee!Kerr-Mudd, John
||| `- Wheeeeee!Sam Plusnet
||`* Wheeeeee!Tone
|| `* Wheeeeee!The Nomad
||  `* Wheeeeee!The Nomad
||   +- Wheeeeee!Nick Odell
||   `- Wheeeeee!Chris Elvidge
|`* Wheeeeee!Dave W
| `* Wheeeeee!Nicholas D. Richards
|  `- Wheeeeee!Don Stockbauer
`- Wheeeeee!Brian Gaff \(Sofa\)

1
Wheeeeee!

<slrnt00j1n.pfk.bap@gamma.gizmodynamics.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7344&group=uk.rec.sheds#7344

From: bap...@shrdlu.com (Bernard Peek)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Subject: Wheeeeee!
Date: 6 Feb 2022 22:31:19 GMT
 by: Bernard Peek - Sun, 6 Feb 2022 22:31 UTC

Just downloaded an MP3 from Amazon. An album that I've been looking to
replace for a long while. Sharepickers by Mason Williams. All of it is good
but there are two really good instrumentals. Train Ride in G is one the
other is the old blugrass standard Orange Blossom Special. I've heard a lot
ov versions over the years, this is the second bet I've ever heard. The best
was by an Irish showband on Opportunity Knocks. (That was a British talent
show, for the benefit of the geographically or chronologically challenged.)

--
Bernard Peek
bap@shrdlu.com

Re: Wheeeeee!

<i6o00hdjb0r51lbtrj3qkfr0vo842cbc0i@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7347&group=uk.rec.sheds#7347

From: nic...@themusicworkshop.plus.com (Nick Odell)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Subject: Re: Wheeeeee!
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2022 00:02:52 +0000
 by: Nick Odell - Mon, 7 Feb 2022 00:02 UTC

On 6 Feb 2022 22:31:19 GMT, Bernard Peek <bap@shrdlu.com> wrote:

>Just downloaded an MP3 from Amazon. An album that I've been looking to
>replace for a long while. Sharepickers by Mason Williams. All of it is good
>but there are two really good instrumentals. Train Ride in G is one the
>other is the old blugrass standard Orange Blossom Special. I've heard a lot
>ov versions over the years, this is the second bet I've ever heard. The best
>was by an Irish showband on Opportunity Knocks. (That was a British talent
>show, for the benefit of the geographically or chronologically challenged.)

There are some outstanding features in this version of Orange Blossom
Special: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mk1m8O2-xAs

Thanks for reminding me about Mason Williams: for me he will always be
the Classical Gas man and I enjoyed those tracks from Sharepickers.
Wikipedia says he's still alive and kicking though I don't think he's
performed live for a while.

Nick

Re: Wheeeeee!

<m8q00h56jp8dec57s6cuk5384pdce5fg48@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7348&group=uk.rec.sheds#7348

From: hub...@ccanoemail.ca
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2022 19:40:25 -0500
 by: hub...@ccanoemail.ca - Mon, 7 Feb 2022 00:40 UTC

On Mon, 07 Feb 2022 00:02:52 +0000, Nick Odell
<nick@themusicworkshop.plus.com> wrote:

>On 6 Feb 2022 22:31:19 GMT, Bernard Peek <bap@shrdlu.com> wrote:
>
>>Just downloaded an MP3 from Amazon. An album that I've been looking to
>>replace for a long while. Sharepickers by Mason Williams. All of it is good
>>but there are two really good instrumentals. Train Ride in G is one the
>>other is the old blugrass standard Orange Blossom Special. I've heard a lot
>>ov versions over the years, this is the second bet I've ever heard. The best
>>was by an Irish showband on Opportunity Knocks. (That was a British talent
>>show, for the benefit of the geographically or chronologically challenged.)
>
>There are some outstanding features in this version of Orange Blossom
>Special: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mk1m8O2-xAs
>
>Thanks for reminding me about Mason Williams: for me he will always be
>the Classical Gas man and I enjoyed those tracks from Sharepickers.
>Wikipedia says he's still alive and kicking though I don't think he's
>performed live for a while.
>Nick

Ditto !

A busy guy ! bio here :

http://www.masonwilliams-online.com/mwguitarbio05.pdf

< 1980 - 81 >
" He then went to New York City to become head writer
for NBC’s Saturday Night Live, a job he described as
like working for the head shop at Sears. "

John T.

Re: Wheeeeee!

<stqiaa$93c$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7350&group=uk.rec.sheds#7350

From: bria...@blueyonder.co.uk (Brian Gaff \(Sofa\))
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2022 07:38:48 -0000
 by: Brian Gaff \(Sofa\) - Mon, 7 Feb 2022 07:38 UTC

I just listened to an old album by Johnny Harris. All to bring you morning,
a kind of mix of light orchestral, Jon Anderson and some rock and even a few
flutes. It was on Amazon, and I streamed it. I guess I could have recorded
it, or paid for it, but then cheapskates of the world unite etc.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk
Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Bernard Peek" <bap@shrdlu.com> wrote in message
> Just downloaded an MP3 from Amazon. An album that I've been looking to
> replace for a long while. Sharepickers by Mason Williams. All of it is
> good
> but there are two really good instrumentals. Train Ride in G is one the
> other is the old blugrass standard Orange Blossom Special. I've heard a
> lot
> ov versions over the years, this is the second bet I've ever heard. The
> best
> was by an Irish showband on Opportunity Knocks. (That was a British talent
> show, for the benefit of the geographically or chronologically
> challenged.)
>
> --
> Bernard Peek
> bap@shrdlu.com

Re: Wheeeeee!

<sP4MJ.816087$_xc2.76775@usenetxs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7351&group=uk.rec.sheds#7351

From: nom...@the.desert.invalid (The Nomad)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2022 08:33:28 GMT
 by: The Nomad - Mon, 7 Feb 2022 08:33 UTC

On Mon, 07 Feb 2022 00:02:52 +0000, Nick Odell
<nick@themusicworkshop.plus.com> wrote:

> On 6 Feb 2022 22:31:19 GMT, Bernard Peek <bap@shrdlu.com> wrote:
>
>>Just downloaded an MP3 from Amazon. An album that I've been looking to
>>replace for a long while. Sharepickers by Mason Williams. All of it is
>>good but there are two really good instrumentals. Train Ride in G is one
>>the other is the old blugrass standard Orange Blossom Special. I've
>>heard a lot ov versions over the years, this is the second bet I've ever
>>heard. The best was by an Irish showband on Opportunity Knocks. (That
>>was a British talent show, for the benefit of the geographically or
>
> There are some outstanding features in this version of Orange Blossom
> Special: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mk1m8O2-xAs

Nick ... you're a naughty boy ...

:-)

Avpx

--
"Woof bloody woof." - Gaspode the Wonder Dog
(Terry Pratchett, Moving Pictures)

Re: Wheeeeee!

<XnsAE37649979562Factura3476@144.76.35.252>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7352&group=uk.rec.sheds#7352

From: mys...@prune.org.uk (Peter)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2022 09:53:22 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Peter - Mon, 7 Feb 2022 09:53 UTC

The Nomad <nomad@the.desert.invalid> wrote in news:sP4MJ.816087
$_xc2.76775@usenetxs.com:

> On Mon, 07 Feb 2022 00:02:52 +0000, Nick Odell
> <nick@themusicworkshop.plus.com> wrote:
>
>> On 6 Feb 2022 22:31:19 GMT, Bernard Peek <bap@shrdlu.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Just downloaded an MP3 from Amazon. An album that I've been looking to
>>>replace for a long while. Sharepickers by Mason Williams. All of it is
>>>good but there are two really good instrumentals. Train Ride in G is
one
>>>the other is the old blugrass standard Orange Blossom Special. I've
>>>heard a lot ov versions over the years, this is the second bet I've
ever
>>>heard. The best was by an Irish showband on Opportunity Knocks. (That
>>>was a British talent show, for the benefit of the geographically or
>>
>> There are some outstanding features in this version of Orange Blossom
>> Special: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mk1m8O2-xAs
>>

> Nick ... you're a naughty boy ...
>

>:-)

Interesting how the camera lingers on those outstanding features.

--
Peter
-----

Re: Wheeeeee!

<stqsia$66r$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7354&group=uk.rec.sheds#7354

From: ema...@address.com (Tone)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2022 10:33:47 +0000
 by: Tone - Mon, 7 Feb 2022 10:33 UTC

On 07/02/2022 08:33, The Nomad wrote:
> On Mon, 07 Feb 2022 00:02:52 +0000, Nick Odell
> <nick@themusicworkshop.plus.com> wrote:
>
>> On 6 Feb 2022 22:31:19 GMT, Bernard Peek <bap@shrdlu.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Just downloaded an MP3 from Amazon. An album that I've been looking to
>>> replace for a long while. Sharepickers by Mason Williams. All of it is
>>> good but there are two really good instrumentals. Train Ride in G is one
>>> the other is the old blugrass standard Orange Blossom Special. I've
>>> heard a lot ov versions over the years, this is the second bet I've ever
>>> heard. The best was by an Irish showband on Opportunity Knocks. (That
>>> was a British talent show, for the benefit of the geographically or
>>
>> There are some outstanding features in this version of Orange Blossom
>> Special: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mk1m8O2-xAs
>>

> Nick ... you're a naughty boy ...
>

> :-)
>
> Avpx

And she's fiddling with them!

Tone

Re: Wheeeeee!

<20220207103405.5cf766fc1081e0d18a31307e@eircom.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7355&group=uk.rec.sheds#7355

From: ste...@eircom.net (Ahem A Rivet's Shot)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2022 10:34:05 +0000
 by: Ahem A Rivet's - Mon, 7 Feb 2022 10:34 UTC

On Mon, 7 Feb 2022 09:53:22 -0000 (UTC)
Peter <myshed@prune.org.uk> wrote:

> Interesting how the camera lingers on those outstanding features.

To the extent of repeating a few short looped clips many times, in
particular the jiggly opener.

--
Steve O'Hara-Smith
Odds and Ends at http://www.sohara.org/

Re: Wheeeeee!

<q87MJ.816399$_xc2.399298@usenetxs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7356&group=uk.rec.sheds#7356

From: nom...@the.desert.invalid (The Nomad)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2022 11:12:22 GMT
 by: The Nomad - Mon, 7 Feb 2022 11:12 UTC

On Mon, 07 Feb 2022 10:33:47 +0000, Tone <email@address.com> wrote:

> On 07/02/2022 08:33, The Nomad wrote:
>> On Mon, 07 Feb 2022 00:02:52 +0000, Nick Odell
>> <nick@themusicworkshop.plus.com> wrote:

>>> There are some outstanding features in this version of Orange Blossom
>>> Special: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mk1m8O2-xAs
>>>

>> Nick ... you're a naughty boy ...
>>

>> :-)
>>
>> Avpx
>>

> And she's fiddling with them!
>
> Tone

Except she ain't actually , you know, like, fiddling, it's James Last -
unless he's bin takin' the tablets :-)

Avpx

--
'What shall we do?' said Twoflower. 'Panic?' said Rincewind
hopefully. (The Light Fantastic)

Re: Wheeeeee!

<Jb7MJ.816400$_xc2.668208@usenetxs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7357&group=uk.rec.sheds#7357

From: nom...@the.desert.invalid (The Nomad)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2022 11:15:53 GMT
 by: The Nomad - Mon, 7 Feb 2022 11:15 UTC

On Mon, 07 Feb 2022 11:12:22 +0000, The Nomad <nomad@the.desert.invalid>
wrote:

> On Mon, 07 Feb 2022 10:33:47 +0000, Tone <email@address.com> wrote:
>
>> On 07/02/2022 08:33, The Nomad wrote:
>>> Nick ... you're a naughty boy ...
>>>

>>> :-)
>>>
>>> Avpx
>>>

>> And she's fiddling with them!
>>
>> Tone
>
> Except she ain't actually , you know, like, fiddling, it's James Last -
> unless he's bin takin' the tablets :-)
>
> Avpx

However ...

<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPpZ3GqAUI4>

Avpx

--
He married that Palliard girl, remember? The one with the air-cooled
teeth? (Lords and Ladies)

Re: Wheeeeee!

<20220207113933.f8efcac9c7163f474ba17888@127.0.0.1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7358&group=uk.rec.sheds#7358

From: adm...@127.0.0.1 (Kerr-Mudd, John)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2022 11:39:33 +0000
GNU: Terry Pratchett
 by: Kerr-Mudd, John - Mon, 7 Feb 2022 11:39 UTC

On Mon, 7 Feb 2022 10:34:05 +0000
Ahem A Rivet's Shot <steveo@eircom.net> wrote:

> On Mon, 7 Feb 2022 09:53:22 -0000 (UTC)
> Peter <myshed@prune.org.uk> wrote:
>
> > Interesting how the camera lingers on those outstanding features.
>
> To the extent of repeating a few short looped clips many times, in
> particular the jiggly opener.

Somehow ubend recommended 'the Devils Daughters'.
e.g.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXNpzem0eI4

--
Bah, and indeed Humbug.

Re: Wheeeeee!

<20220207121213.7307fb61215110c1689dba08@eircom.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7360&group=uk.rec.sheds#7360

From: ste...@eircom.net (Ahem A Rivet's Shot)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2022 12:12:13 +0000
 by: Ahem A Rivet's - Mon, 7 Feb 2022 12:12 UTC

On Mon, 7 Feb 2022 11:39:33 +0000
"Kerr-Mudd, John" <admin@127.0.0.1> wrote:

> On Mon, 7 Feb 2022 10:34:05 +0000
> Ahem A Rivet's Shot <steveo@eircom.net> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 7 Feb 2022 09:53:22 -0000 (UTC)
> > Peter <myshed@prune.org.uk> wrote:
> >
> > > Interesting how the camera lingers on those outstanding features.
> >
> > To the extent of repeating a few short looped clips many times,
> > in particular the jiggly opener.
> >
> Somehow ubend recommended 'the Devils Daughters'.
> e.g.
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXNpzem0eI4

Certainly not for the playing or the singing.

--
Steve O'Hara-Smith
Odds and Ends at http://www.sohara.org/

Re: Wheeeeee!

<el420h9ifsfr95clrp5pe8uh66b6hjktbh@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7363&group=uk.rec.sheds#7363

From: nic...@themusicworkshop.plus.com (Nick Odell)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2022 12:39:12 +0000
 by: Nick Odell - Mon, 7 Feb 2022 12:39 UTC

On Mon, 07 Feb 2022 11:15:53 GMT, The Nomad <nomad@the.desert.invalid>
wrote:

>On Mon, 07 Feb 2022 11:12:22 +0000, The Nomad <nomad@the.desert.invalid>
>wrote:

>>> And she's fiddling with them!
>>>
>>> Tone
>>
>> Except she ain't actually , you know, like, fiddling, it's James Last -
>> unless he's bin takin' the tablets :-)
>>
>> Avpx
>
>However ...
>
><https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPpZ3GqAUI4>

There's more of Annie Staninec out there on the tube of ewes - and her
kids are pretty phenomenal too.

Nick

Re: Wheeeeee!

<str7pb$ms0$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7365&group=uk.rec.sheds#7365

From: chr...@mshome.net (Chris Elvidge)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2022 13:44:59 +0000
 by: Chris Elvidge - Mon, 7 Feb 2022 13:44 UTC

On 07/02/2022 11:15, The Nomad wrote:
> On Mon, 07 Feb 2022 11:12:22 +0000, The Nomad <nomad@the.desert.invalid>
> wrote:

>>> And she's fiddling with them!
>>>
>>> Tone
>>
>> Except she ain't actually , you know, like, fiddling, it's James Last -
>> unless he's bin takin' the tablets :-)
>>
>> Avpx
>
> However ...
>
> <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPpZ3GqAUI4>
>
> Avpx

If wobbly bits are the requirement:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUpDslHSLbU

--
Chris Elvidge
England

Re: Wheeeeee!

<MXdMJ.59628$HbQ4.46229@fx02.ams1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7380&group=uk.rec.sheds#7380

Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
From: not...@home.com (Sam Plusnet)
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2022 18:56:44 +0000
 by: Sam Plusnet - Mon, 7 Feb 2022 18:56 UTC

On 07-Feb-22 10:34, Ahem A Rivet's Shot wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Feb 2022 09:53:22 -0000 (UTC)
> Peter <myshed@prune.org.uk> wrote:
>
>> Interesting how the camera lingers on those outstanding features.
>
> To the extent of repeating a few short looped clips many times, in
> particular the jiggly opener.

Is that a technical term? Not sure I've heard it before.

--
Sam Plusnet

Re: Wheeeeee!

<nja30h9o0dv16htdrt4pak7ei2bsrsks4e@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7387&group=uk.rec.sheds#7387

From: davew...@yahoo.co.uk (Dave W)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2022 23:29:07 +0000
 by: Dave W - Mon, 7 Feb 2022 23:29 UTC

On Mon, 07 Feb 2022 00:02:52 +0000, Nick Odell
<nick@themusicworkshop.plus.com> wrote:
>On 6 Feb 2022 22:31:19 GMT, Bernard Peek <bap@shrdlu.com> wrote:
>
>>Just downloaded an MP3 from Amazon. An album that I've been looking to
>>replace for a long while. Sharepickers by Mason Williams. All of it is good
>>but there are two really good instrumentals. Train Ride in G is one the
>>other is the old blugrass standard Orange Blossom Special. I've heard a lot
>>ov versions over the years, this is the second bet I've ever heard. The best
>>was by an Irish showband on Opportunity Knocks. (That was a British talent
>>show, for the benefit of the geographically or chronologically challenged.)
>
>There are some outstanding features in this version of Orange Blossom
>Special: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mk1m8O2-xAs
>
>Thanks for reminding me about Mason Williams: for me he will always be
>the Classical Gas man and I enjoyed those tracks from Sharepickers.
>Wikipedia says he's still alive and kicking though I don't think he's
>performed live for a while.
>

>Nick
I noticed the outstanding features were a short animated gif
constantly repeated (including a passer-by). The pictures had no
genuine connection with the sound.
--
Dave W

Re: Wheeeeee!

<gT43MiAEtbAiFAWO@salmiron.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7389&group=uk.rec.sheds#7389

From: nicho...@salmiron.com (Nicholas D. Richards)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2022 00:37:24 +0000
 by: Nicholas D. Richards - Tue, 8 Feb 2022 00:37 UTC

In article <nja30h9o0dv16htdrt4pak7ei2bsrsks4e@4ax.com>, Dave W
<davewi11@yahoo.co.uk> on Mon, 7 Feb 2022 at 23:29:07 awoke Nicholas
from his slumbers and wrote
>On Mon, 07 Feb 2022 00:02:52 +0000, Nick Odell
><nick@themusicworkshop.plus.com> wrote:
>
>>On 6 Feb 2022 22:31:19 GMT, Bernard Peek <bap@shrdlu.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Just downloaded an MP3 from Amazon. An album that I've been looking to
>>>replace for a long while. Sharepickers by Mason Williams. All of it is good
>>>but there are two really good instrumentals. Train Ride in G is one the
>>>other is the old blugrass standard Orange Blossom Special. I've heard a lot
>>>ov versions over the years, this is the second bet I've ever heard. The best
>>>was by an Irish showband on Opportunity Knocks. (That was a British talent
>>>show, for the benefit of the geographically or chronologically challenged.)
>>
>>There are some outstanding features in this version of Orange Blossom
>>Special: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mk1m8O2-xAs
>>
>>Thanks for reminding me about Mason Williams: for me he will always be
>>the Classical Gas man and I enjoyed those tracks from Sharepickers.
>>Wikipedia says he's still alive and kicking though I don't think he's
>>performed live for a while.
>
>I noticed the outstanding features were a short animated gif
>constantly repeated (including a passer-by). The pictures had no
>genuine connection with the sound.

I thought it was that little man on a tricycle, from Rowan and Martin
kept, who was going round and round to get a better look at the
outstanding features, until he fell off his tricycle, blinded.
--
0sterc@tcher -

"Où sont les neiges d'antan?"

Re: Wheeeeee!

<190cbdb0-beed-4419-a39e-20aeec9a6d56n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7396&group=uk.rec.sheds#7396

Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2022 07:42:29 -0800 (PST)
From: donstock...@hotmail.com (Don Stockbauer)
 by: Don Stockbauer - Tue, 8 Feb 2022 15:42 UTC

On Monday, February 7, 2022 at 6:37:58 PM UTC-6, Nicholas D. Richards wrote:
> In article <nja30h9o0dv16htdr...@4ax.com>, Dave W
> <dave...@yahoo.co.uk> on Mon, 7 Feb 2022 at 23:29:07 awoke Nicholas
> from his slumbers and wrote
> >On Mon, 07 Feb 2022 00:02:52 +0000, Nick Odell
> ><ni...@themusicworkshop.plus.com> wrote:

> >>There are some outstanding features in this version of Orange Blossom
> >>Special: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mk1m8O2-xAs
> >>
> >>Thanks for reminding me about Mason Williams: for me he will always be
> >>the Classical Gas man and I enjoyed those tracks from Sharepickers.
> >>Wikipedia says he's still alive and kicking though I don't think he's
> >>performed live for a while.
> >
> >I noticed the outstanding features were a short animated gif
> >constantly repeated (including a passer-by). The pictures had no
> >genuine connection with the sound.
> I thought it was that little man on a tricycle, from Rowan and Martin
> kept, who was going round and round to get a better look at the
> outstanding features, until he fell off his tricycle, blinded.
> --
> 0sterc@tcher -
>
> "Oů sont les neiges d'antan?"

The fellow on the highly unstable tricycle was Artie Johnson.
He'd so such things as dress up as an old man , go sit next to Ruth Buzzi who was dressed up as an old woman, ask her "Do you believe in the hereafter?"
she would reply "of course I do" and then he'd say
"well , then you know what I'm here after " and she'd hit him with her purse.