Here is a test to find whether your mission on earth is finished: if you're alive, it isn't.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Yorkshire roofer who drove van 'intimidatingly' at female cyclist summoned to court

SubjectAuthor
* Yorkshire roofer who drove van 'intimidatingly' at female cyclistswldx...@gmail.com
`- Re: Yorkshire roofer who drove van 'intimidatingly' at female cyclistSpike

1
Yorkshire roofer who drove van 'intimidatingly' at female cyclist summoned to court

<9ef7402f-7e9d-4d96-8f55-e13458c82297n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7403&group=uk.rec.cycling#7403

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2022 04:26:29 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Yorkshire roofer who drove van 'intimidatingly' at female cyclist
summoned to court
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sat, 26 Mar 2022 11:26 UTC

South Yorkshire Police's Sheffield North West neighbourhood team shared an image of the vehicle, which belonged to a local roofing firm.

The driver drove too close to the cyclist, revved his engine and sounded his horn.

However the victim was actually a police officer undertaking a cycling training course and the offender was easily traced via his employer.

He has now been summoned to court.

The neighbourhood team said: "This van driver decided to try and intimidate a woman riding a bike on Tuesday in Doncaster by getting far too close, revving his engine and sounding his horn. She was a police officer on a cycling course. He didn’t believe us when we told him. I wonder if he does now..

"Helpfully he had his phone number, mobile and email address plastered on the van to help us instruct his employers on his attitude. The NIP's (Notice of Intended Prosecution) in the post.

·"This is why we do cycling courses in plain clothes. Some people out there are bullies who shouldn’t be on the road. Remember people, if you choose to bully a vulnerable road user the chances they are a cop is increasing daily. The chances are they have a camera too. You do the maths."

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/crime/yorkshire-roofer-who-drove-van-intimidatingly-at-female-cyclist-summoned-to-court-as-she-was-an-undercover-police-officer-3628054

Re: Yorkshire roofer who drove van 'intimidatingly' at female cyclist summoned to court

<ja8d2bF18cbU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7406&group=uk.rec.cycling#7406

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
summoned to court
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2022 11:51:42 +0000
 by: Spike - Sat, 26 Mar 2022 11:51 UTC

On 26/03/2022 11:26, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

> South Yorkshire Police's Sheffield North West neighbourhood team shared an image of the vehicle, which belonged to a local roofing firm.

> The driver drove too close to the cyclist, revved his engine and sounded his horn.

I'm betting that 'sounding his horn' will be seen as the worst of these.

--
Spike

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Yorkshire roofer who drove van 'intimidatingly' at female cyclist summoned to court