This week only, all our fiber-fill jackets are marked down!

aus+uk / uk.media.radio.archers / Spoiler for Thursday's episode

SubjectAuthor
* Spoiler for Thursday's episodeMike Ruddock
+* Spoiler for Thursday's episodeMike Ruddock
|+* Spoiler for Thursday's episodeChris
||`- Spoiler for Thursday's episodeJ. P. Gilliver (John)
|`- Spoiler for Thursday's episodeNick Odell
+* Spoiler for Thursday's episodeMike McMillan
|`- Spoiler for Thursday's episodeMike McMillan
`* Spoiler for Thursday's episodePenny
 `* Spoiler for Thursday's episodeMike McMillan
  +- Spoiler for Thursday's episodeJohn Ashby
  `* Spoiler for Thursday's episodeVicky
   +- Spoiler for Thursday's episodeMike McMillan
   `- Spoiler for Thursday's episodePenny

1
Spoiler for Thursday's episode

<jbcu9kF2aunU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7419&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7419

From: ruddock...@btinternet.com (Mike Ruddock)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Spoiler for Thursday's episode
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2022 09:26:29 +0100
 by: Mike Ruddock - Sat, 9 Apr 2022 08:26 UTC

The man in the expensive suite at GG is called Adil Shah (according to
the list in RT, which he leads). His best friend is Ronnie Dhutta, which
I take to be an Asian name, possibly Hindu?
From his accent he has clearly been expensively educated, so may we
assume a man of means?
So ... Is he here as a possible buyer for GG?

Mike Ruddock

Re: Spoiler for Thursday's episode

<jbcujlF2bvtU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7421&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7421

From: ruddock...@btinternet.com (Mike Ruddock)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Re: Spoiler for Thursday's episode
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2022 09:31:50 +0100
 by: Mike Ruddock - Sat, 9 Apr 2022 08:31 UTC

On 09/04/2022 09:26, Mike Ruddock wrote:
> The man in the expensive suite at GG is called Adil Shah (according to
> the list in RT, which he leads). His best friend is Ronnie Dhutta, which
> I take to be an Asian name, possibly Hindu?
> From his accent he has clearly been expensively educated, so may we
> assume a man of means?
> So ... Is he here as a possible buyer for GG?
>
> Mike Ruddock

Sorry the actor is Ronnie Jhutti who has apparently appeared in some tv
soap set in the East End of London. Never watch it myself.
Mike Ruddock

Re: Spoiler for Thursday's episode

<t2rgop$s7r$2@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7423&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7423

From: chris.mc...@ntlworld.com (Chris)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2022 08:39:53 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:q7ZyJ0LyN7TEnGsBQiuGNmTWck8=
 by: Chris - Sat, 9 Apr 2022 08:39 UTC

Mike Ruddock <ruddock117@btinternet.com> wrote:
> On 09/04/2022 09:26, Mike Ruddock wrote:
>> The man in the expensive suite at GG is called Adil Shah (according to
>> the list in RT, which he leads). His best friend is Ronnie Dhutta, which
>> I take to be an Asian name, possibly Hindu?
>> From his accent he has clearly been expensively educated, so may we
>> assume a man of means?
>> So ... Is he here as a possible buyer for GG?
>>
>> Mike Ruddock
>
> Sorry the actor is Ronnie Jhutti who has apparently appeared in some tv
> soap set in the East End of London. Never watch it myself.
> Mike Ruddock

Or managing it with Ollie a sleeping partner?

Still think living at Grundy Towers is plain bonkers.

Sincerely Chris

Re: Spoiler for Thursday's episode

<t2rivk$d17$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7425&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7425

From: toodle.p...@virginmedia.com (Mike McMillan)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2022 09:17:40 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:k+t8Q6CS9JQQ8l3r4mHgX8SzXew=
 by: Mike McMillan - Sat, 9 Apr 2022 09:17 UTC

Mike Ruddock <ruddock117@btinternet.com> wrote:
> The man in the expensive suite at GG is called Adil Shah (according to
> the list in RT, which he leads). His best friend is Ronnie Dhutta, which
> I take to be an Asian name, possibly Hindu?
> From his accent he has clearly been expensively educated, so may we
> assume a man of means?
> So ... Is he here as a possible buyer for GG?
>
> Mike Ruddock

That is my sumizeearalization too!

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan

Re: Spoiler for Thursday's episode

<t2rj2s$dm8$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7426&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7426

From: toodle.p...@virginmedia.com (Mike McMillan)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2022 09:19:24 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:y89M6UMi+GuQwapUhEiKY4qAnqc=
 by: Mike McMillan - Sat, 9 Apr 2022 09:19 UTC

Mike McMillan <toodle.pip1@virginmedia.com> wrote:
> Mike Ruddock <ruddock117@btinternet.com> wrote:
>> The man in the expensive suite at GG is called Adil Shah (according to
>> the list in RT, which he leads). His best friend is Ronnie Dhutta, which
>> I take to be an Asian name, possibly Hindu?
>> From his accent he has clearly been expensively educated, so may we
>> assume a man of means?
>> So ... Is he here as a possible buyer for GG?
>>
>> Mike Ruddock
>>

> That is my sumizeearalization too!

Sorry, my spelling! I mean surmizeearalization of course!

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan

Re: Spoiler for Thursday's episode

<qqj25h5s2de0qorbbrt1g11jughk077gpo@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7427&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7427

From: spa...@labyrinth.freeuk.com (Penny)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2022 10:21:19 +0100
 by: Penny - Sat, 9 Apr 2022 09:21 UTC

On Sat, 9 Apr 2022 09:26:29 +0100, Mike Ruddock <ruddock117@btinternet.com>
scrawled in the dust...

>The man in the expensive suite at GG is called Adil Shah (according to
>the list in RT, which he leads). His best friend is Ronnie Dhutta, which
>I take to be an Asian name, possibly Hindu?
> From his accent he has clearly been expensively educated, so may we
>assume a man of means?
>So ... Is he here as a possible buyer for GG?

That was my assumption long before he actually appeared.
I regarded Tracy and Freddie's daft assumption as ill-condidered farce.
--
Penny
Annoyed by The Archers since 1959

Re: Spoiler for Thursday's episode

<ijj25hlrbtuiupebeugn0kre0s62spidr4@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7428&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7428

From: nic...@themusicworkshop.plus.com (Nick Odell)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2022 10:23:55 +0100
 by: Nick Odell - Sat, 9 Apr 2022 09:23 UTC

On Sat, 9 Apr 2022 09:31:50 +0100, Mike Ruddock
<ruddock117@btinternet.com> wrote:

>On 09/04/2022 09:26, Mike Ruddock wrote:
>> The man in the expensive suite at GG is called Adil Shah (according to
>> the list in RT, which he leads). His best friend is Ronnie Dhutta, which
>> I take to be an Asian name, possibly Hindu?
>> From his accent he has clearly been expensively educated, so may we
>> assume a man of means?
>> So ... Is he here as a possible buyer for GG?
>>
>> Mike Ruddock
>
>Sorry the actor is Ronnie Jhutti who has apparently appeared in some tv
>soap set in the East End of London. Never watch it myself.
>Mike Ruddock

I know him from an excruciatingly awful but (to me) unmissable crime
comedy drama series called Vexed.

This opener sets the tone (sorry about the Italian subtitles - there's
probably a better version somewhere) and Ronnie Jhutti makes his first
appearance at around 1m 15sec.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WJUJp7gRIA

Nick

Re: Spoiler for Thursday's episode

<t2rjis$h3e$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7429&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7429

From: toodle.p...@virginmedia.com (Mike McMillan)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2022 09:27:56 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:yzbMfzO5thGvbtG5JBNxtefOGaw=
 by: Mike McMillan - Sat, 9 Apr 2022 09:27 UTC

Penny <spam@labyrinth.freeuk.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 9 Apr 2022 09:26:29 +0100, Mike Ruddock <ruddock117@btinternet.com>
> scrawled in the dust...
>
>> The man in the expensive suite at GG is called Adil Shah (according to
>> the list in RT, which he leads). His best friend is Ronnie Dhutta, which
>> I take to be an Asian name, possibly Hindu?
>> From his accent he has clearly been expensively educated, so may we
>> assume a man of means?
>> So ... Is he here as a possible buyer for GG?
>
> That was my assumption long before he actually appeared.
> I regarded Tracy and Freddie's daft assumption as ill-condidered farce.

Yeap, Brian Rix is still alive and kicking!

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan

Re: Spoiler for Thursday's episode

<t2rnn5$ek8$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7431&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7431

From: johnashb...@yahoo.com (John Ashby)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2022 11:38:29 +0100
 by: John Ashby - Sat, 9 Apr 2022 10:38 UTC

On 09/04/2022 10:27, Mike McMillan wrote:
> Penny <spam@labyrinth.freeuk.com> wrote:
>> On Sat, 9 Apr 2022 09:26:29 +0100, Mike Ruddock <ruddock117@btinternet.com>
>> scrawled in the dust...
>>
>>> The man in the expensive suite at GG is called Adil Shah (according to
>>> the list in RT, which he leads). His best friend is Ronnie Dhutta, which
>>> I take to be an Asian name, possibly Hindu?
>>> From his accent he has clearly been expensively educated, so may we
>>> assume a man of means?
>>> So ... Is he here as a possible buyer for GG?
>>
>> That was my assumption long before he actually appeared.
>> I regarded Tracy and Freddie's daft assumption as ill-condidered farce.
>
> Yeap, Brian Rix is still alive and kicking!

But he can't kick very well with his trousers round his ankles.

john

Re: Spoiler for Thursday's episode

<vvq25hhsk1j2j6kbvsvt09uvjceh1l0mhq@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7433&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7433

From: vicky.ay...@gmail.com (Vicky)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2022 12:22:54 +0100
 by: Vicky - Sat, 9 Apr 2022 11:22 UTC

On Sat, 9 Apr 2022 09:27:56 -0000 (UTC), Mike McMillan
<toodle.pip1@virginmedia.com> wrote:

>Penny <spam@labyrinth.freeuk.com> wrote:
>> On Sat, 9 Apr 2022 09:26:29 +0100, Mike Ruddock <ruddock117@btinternet.com>
>> scrawled in the dust...
>>
>>> The man in the expensive suite at GG is called Adil Shah (according to
>>> the list in RT, which he leads). His best friend is Ronnie Dhutta, which
>>> I take to be an Asian name, possibly Hindu?
>>> From his accent he has clearly been expensively educated, so may we
>>> assume a man of means?
>>> So ... Is he here as a possible buyer for GG?
>>
>> That was my assumption long before he actually appeared.
>> I regarded Tracy and Freddie's daft assumption as ill-condidered farce.
>
>Yeap, Brian Rix is still alive and kicking!

Quite. Apparently there is a term for people who only work in the
office 3 days a week. I think itis usually TWandT so TWATs but maybe
the SWs do MTW and the trainee is left to do Thursday's episode.

Re: Spoiler for Thursday's episode

<t2s2q4$4fp$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7434&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7434

From: toodle.p...@virginmedia.com (Mike McMillan)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2022 13:47:48 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:6KkFY1sM8vgqUMAOf2bPyD7Hqcc=
 by: Mike McMillan - Sat, 9 Apr 2022 13:47 UTC

Vicky <vicky.ayech@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 9 Apr 2022 09:27:56 -0000 (UTC), Mike McMillan
> <toodle.pip1@virginmedia.com> wrote:
>
>> Penny <spam@labyrinth.freeuk.com> wrote:
>>> On Sat, 9 Apr 2022 09:26:29 +0100, Mike Ruddock <ruddock117@btinternet.com>
>>> scrawled in the dust...

>>> That was my assumption long before he actually appeared.
>>> I regarded Tracy and Freddie's daft assumption as ill-condidered farce.
>>
>> Yeap, Brian Rix is still alive and kicking!
>
> Quite. Apparently there is a term for people who only work in the
> office 3 days a week. I think itis usually TWandT so TWATs but maybe
> the SWs do MTW and the trainee is left to do Thursday's episode.

There is an international organisation in Shinfield by the name of European
Centre for Medium range Weather forecasting; usually known by the initials
ECMWF, wags have dubbed this ‘Early Closing Monday, Wednesday and Friday’.

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan

Re: Spoiler for Thursday's episode

<klK5eIuW3ZUiFwkX@a.a>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7435&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7435

From: G6J...@255soft.uk (J. P. Gilliver (John))
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2022 15:53:10 +0100
 by: J. P. Gilliver (John - Sat, 9 Apr 2022 14:53 UTC

On Sat, 9 Apr 2022 at 08:39:53, Chris <chris.mcmillan@ntlworld.com>
wrote (my responses usually FOLLOW):
>Mike Ruddock <ruddock117@btinternet.com> wrote:
>> On 09/04/2022 09:26, Mike Ruddock wrote:
>>> The man in the expensive suite at GG is called Adil Shah (according to
>>> the list in RT, which he leads). His best friend is Ronnie Dhutta, which
[]
>>> So ... Is he here as a possible buyer for GG?
>>>
>>> Mike Ruddock
>>
>> Sorry the actor is Ronnie Jhutti who has apparently appeared in some tv
>> soap set in the East End of London. Never watch it myself.
>> Mike Ruddock

(I've never forgiven BBC/Radio Times for the lead-up to that series. And
have always found Patrick Moore's "diarrhoea" quote matches my view of
it.)

I gather a much-respected lady actor, long in that series, has recently
died; there's a nice piano tribute from the BBC Moscow correspondent at
https://twitter.com/BBCSteveR/status/1512711002680442880 (I've checked,
non-twitter-users can access it, though may have to unmute it as it
comes up muted, or does when I try in an "incognito" window anyway).

>Or managing it with Ollie a sleeping partner?

Down boy, Chris didn't mean _that_ sort of sleeping.

Yes, buyer or manager sounds very plausible; Ollie never seemed that
interested after he lost Caroline, and maybe wants to retire ...

>Still think living at Grundy Towers is plain bonkers.

.... Though I agree thither wouldn't be my choice. Though it might be
peaceful - not sure if all the younger Grundys* have left, or will soon,
leaving just Eddie and Clarrie, who even if they weren't well on the way
to being silent characters anyway as discussed here recently (and denied
by Keri Davies!), are getting on themselves.

>Sincerely Chris

* I think that's probably the proper plural of Grundy, rather than
Grundies, which sounds like it should be part of a joke.

Everyone learns from science. It all depends how you use the knowledge. - "Gil
Grissom" (CSI).

Re: Spoiler for Thursday's episode

<62v35hlg5k421n4ca9jhmu1rmg3ki1me0f@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7437&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7437

From: spa...@labyrinth.freeuk.com (Penny)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2022 22:36:55 +0100
 by: Penny - Sat, 9 Apr 2022 21:36 UTC

On Sat, 09 Apr 2022 12:22:54 +0100, Vicky <vicky.ayech@gmail.com> scrawled
in the dust...

>On Sat, 9 Apr 2022 09:27:56 -0000 (UTC), Mike McMillan
><toodle.pip1@virginmedia.com> wrote:
>
>>Penny <spam@labyrinth.freeuk.com> wrote:
>>> On Sat, 9 Apr 2022 09:26:29 +0100, Mike Ruddock <ruddock117@btinternet.com>
>>> scrawled in the dust...

>>> That was my assumption long before he actually appeared.
>>> I regarded Tracy and Freddie's daft assumption as ill-condidered farce.
>>
>>Yeap, Brian Rix is still alive and kicking!
>
>Quite. Apparently there is a term for people who only work in the
>office 3 days a week. I think itis usually TWandT so TWATs but maybe
>the SWs do MTW and the trainee is left to do Thursday's episode.

Or WTF perhaps?