Rocksolid Light

Welcome to novaBBS (click a section below)

mail  files  register  newsreader  groups  login

Message-ID:  

Travel important today; Internal Revenue men arrive tomorrow.


aus+uk / aus.legal / Rayney suing for defamation

SubjectAuthor
* Rayney suing for defamationMax
`* Re: Rayney suing for defamationRod Speed
 `* Re: Rayney suing for defamationMax
  `* Re: Rayney suing for defamationRod Speed
   +* Re: Rayney suing for defamationMax
   |`- Re: Rayney suing for defamationRod Speed
   `* Re: Rayney suing for defamationMax
    `- Re: Rayney suing for defamationRod Speed

1
Rayney suing for defamation

<tge1o3$o6d$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7456&group=aus.legal#7456

  copy link   Newsgroups: aus.legal
Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!aioe.org!ZSVyeUKPwGXyfQ0UbZznUw.user.46.165.242.91.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: max...@val.morgan (Max)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Subject: Rayney suing for defamation
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2022 13:51:27 +1000
Organization: Aioe.org NNTP Server
Message-ID: <tge1o3$o6d$1@gioia.aioe.org>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Injection-Info: gioia.aioe.org; logging-data="24781"; posting-host="ZSVyeUKPwGXyfQ0UbZznUw.user.gioia.aioe.org"; mail-complaints-to="abuse@aioe.org";
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20100101
Thunderbird/91.13.0
X-Notice: Filtered by postfilter v. 0.9.2
 by: Max - Wed, 21 Sep 2022 03:51 UTC

Former Perth barrister Lloyd Rayney is suing a forensic investigator
over comments made at a science forum (conference):

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-09-21/investigator-sued-by-lloyd-rayney-fails-to-remove-judge-in-case/101458974

An audio recording of what the investigator said at that forum is
available here:

https://www.watoday.com.au/national/western-australia/lloyd-rayney-sues-forensic-investigator-for-telling-seminar-he-got-away-with-murder-20200721-p55dyh.html

--------------

It sounds like the recording was made by someone in the audience at the
forum.

It seems strange that the audio recording could be used as evidence. I
thought there were laws against using evidence from secret recordings.

Also, if the newspaper company goes on to publish the recording online,
aren't they are also liable for any defamation action?

Re: Rayney suing for defamation

<op.1stwjpo1byq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7457&group=aus.legal#7457

  copy link   Newsgroups: aus.legal
Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!usenet.goja.nl.eu.org!3.eu.feeder.erje.net!2.eu.feeder.erje.net!feeder.erje.net!fu-berlin.de!uni-berlin.de!individual.net!not-for-mail
From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Subject: Re: Rayney suing for defamation
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2022 14:39:15 +1000
Lines: 28
Message-ID: <op.1stwjpo1byq249@pvr2.lan>
References: <tge1o3$o6d$1@gioia.aioe.org>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-15; format=flowed; delsp=yes
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Trace: individual.net eXgd5Ml2pnDomFRqmYkbfA5M+FgOI8mRhkolUpcjNJ5EbbGTA=
Cancel-Lock: sha1:EOj8xN13H+i7ypRh68aqvzXxzxY=
User-Agent: Opera Mail/1.0 (Win32)
 by: Rod Speed - Wed, 21 Sep 2022 04:39 UTC

Max <max@val.morgan> wrote

> Former Perth barrister Lloyd Rayney is suing a forensic investigator
> over comments made at a science forum (conference):

> https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-09-21/investigator-sued-by-lloyd-rayney-fails-to-remove-judge-in-case/101458974

> An audio recording of what the investigator said at that forum is
> available here:

> https://www.watoday.com.au/national/western-australia/lloyd-rayney-sues-forensic-investigator-for-telling-seminar-he-got-away-with-murder-20200721-p55dyh.html

> --------------

> It sounds like the recording was made by someone in the audience at the
> forum.

Or it could be someone involved.

> It seems strange that the audio recording could be used as evidence. I
> thought there were laws against using evidence from secret recordings.

You are wrong, as always.

> Also, if the newspaper company goes on to publish the recording online,
> aren't they are also liable for any defamation action?

Nope, dope.

Re: Rayney suing for defamation

<tgees7$sl0$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7462&group=aus.legal#7462

  copy link   Newsgroups: aus.legal
Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!aioe.org!ZSVyeUKPwGXyfQ0UbZznUw.user.46.165.242.91.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: max...@val.morgan (Max)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Subject: Re: Rayney suing for defamation
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2022 17:35:33 +1000
Organization: Aioe.org NNTP Server
Message-ID: <tgees7$sl0$1@gioia.aioe.org>
References: <tge1o3$o6d$1@gioia.aioe.org> <op.1stwjpo1byq249@pvr2.lan>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Injection-Info: gioia.aioe.org; logging-data="29344"; posting-host="ZSVyeUKPwGXyfQ0UbZznUw.user.gioia.aioe.org"; mail-complaints-to="abuse@aioe.org";
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20100101
Thunderbird/91.13.0
X-Notice: Filtered by postfilter v. 0.9.2
 by: Max - Wed, 21 Sep 2022 07:35 UTC

On 21/09/2022 2:39 pm, Rod Speed wrote:
> Max <max@val.morgan> wrote
>
>> Former Perth barrister Lloyd Rayney is suing a forensic investigator
>> over comments made at a science forum (conference):
>
>> https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-09-21/investigator-sued-by-lloyd-rayney-fails-to-remove-judge-in-case/101458974
>>
>
>> An audio recording of what the investigator said at that forum is
>> available here:
>
>> https://www.watoday.com.au/national/western-australia/lloyd-rayney-sues-forensic-investigator-for-telling-seminar-he-got-away-with-murder-20200721-p55dyh.html
>>
>
>> --------------
>
>> It sounds like the recording was made by someone in the audience at
>> the forum.
>
> Or it could be someone involved.
>

Unlikely. Probably just someone in the audience who turned on their
phone recorder.

>> It seems strange that the audio recording could be used as evidence. I
>> thought there were laws against using evidence from secret recordings.
>
> You are wrong, as always.
>

There are some laws about using secret recordings as evidence.

>> Also, if the newspaper company goes on to publish the recording
>> online, aren't they are also liable for any defamation action?
>
> Nope, dope.

Why isn't the newspaper company also liable?

Re: Rayney suing for defamation

<op.1st9fqkxbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7468&group=aus.legal#7468

  copy link   Newsgroups: aus.legal
Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!paganini.bofh.team!weretis.net!feeder8.news.weretis.net!lilly.ping.de!fu-berlin.de!uni-berlin.de!individual.net!not-for-mail
From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Subject: Re: Rayney suing for defamation
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2022 19:17:40 +1000
Lines: 48
Message-ID: <op.1st9fqkxbyq249@pvr2.lan>
References: <tge1o3$o6d$1@gioia.aioe.org> <op.1stwjpo1byq249@pvr2.lan>
<tgees7$sl0$1@gioia.aioe.org>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-15; format=flowed; delsp=yes
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Trace: individual.net +QiyLeFA2h2Ikz95XyOBxgNBhQRZxmcQ3lxDrNUekE6M0W9cs=
Cancel-Lock: sha1:UQYldLTjiqKvXMXtuRNRQVSpQHY=
User-Agent: Opera Mail/1.0 (Win32)
 by: Rod Speed - Wed, 21 Sep 2022 09:17 UTC

On Wed, 21 Sep 2022 17:35:33 +1000, Max <max@val.morgan> wrote:

> On 21/09/2022 2:39 pm, Rod Speed wrote:
>> Max <max@val.morgan> wrote
>>
>>> Former Perth barrister Lloyd Rayney is suing a forensic investigator
>>> over comments made at a science forum (conference):
>>
>>> https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-09-21/investigator-sued-by-lloyd-rayney-fails-to-remove-judge-in-case/101458974
>>
>>> An audio recording of what the investigator said at that forum is
>>> available here:
>>
>>> https://www.watoday.com.au/national/western-australia/lloyd-rayney-sues-forensic-investigator-for-telling-seminar-he-got-away-with-murder-20200721-p55dyh.html
>>
>>> --------------
>>
>>> It sounds like the recording was made by someone in the audience at
>>> the forum.

>> Or it could be someone involved.

> Unlikely.

Why ?

> Probably just someone in the audience who turned on their phone recorder.

Or someone else involved did.

>>> It seems strange that the audio recording could be used as evidence. I
>>> thought there were laws against using evidence from secret recordings.

>> You are wrong, as always.

> There are some laws about using secret recordings as evidence.

Even Rayney would be well aware of the law, fuckwit child.

>>> Also, if the newspaper company goes on to publish the recording
>>> online, aren't they are also liable for any defamation action?

>> Nope, dope.

> Why isn't the newspaper company also liable?

You are too stupid to understand, stupid.

Re: Rayney suing for defamation

<tgfb6p$bb6$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7471&group=aus.legal#7471

  copy link   Newsgroups: aus.legal
Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!aioe.org!ZSVyeUKPwGXyfQ0UbZznUw.user.46.165.242.91.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: max...@val.morgan (Max)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Subject: Re: Rayney suing for defamation
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2022 01:39:05 +1000
Organization: Aioe.org NNTP Server
Message-ID: <tgfb6p$bb6$1@gioia.aioe.org>
References: <tge1o3$o6d$1@gioia.aioe.org> <op.1stwjpo1byq249@pvr2.lan>
<tgees7$sl0$1@gioia.aioe.org> <op.1st9fqkxbyq249@pvr2.lan>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Injection-Info: gioia.aioe.org; logging-data="11622"; posting-host="ZSVyeUKPwGXyfQ0UbZznUw.user.gioia.aioe.org"; mail-complaints-to="abuse@aioe.org";
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20100101
Thunderbird/91.13.0
X-Notice: Filtered by postfilter v. 0.9.2
 by: Max - Wed, 21 Sep 2022 15:39 UTC

On 21/09/2022 7:17 pm, Rod Speed wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Sep 2022 17:35:33 +1000, Max <max@val.morgan> wrote:
>
>> On 21/09/2022 2:39 pm, Rod Speed wrote:
>>> Max <max@val.morgan> wrote
>>>
>>>> Former Perth barrister Lloyd Rayney is suing a forensic investigator
>>>> over comments made at a science forum (conference):
>>>
>>>> https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-09-21/investigator-sued-by-lloyd-rayney-fails-to-remove-judge-in-case/101458974
>>>>
>>>
>>>> An audio recording of what the investigator said at that forum is
>>>> available here:
>>>
>>>> https://www.watoday.com.au/national/western-australia/lloyd-rayney-sues-forensic-investigator-for-telling-seminar-he-got-away-with-murder-20200721-p55dyh.html
>>>>
>>>
>>>> --------------
>>>
>>>> It sounds like the recording was made by someone in the audience at
>>>> the forum.
>
>>>  Or it could be someone involved.
>
>> Unlikely.
>
> Why ?
>
>> Probably just someone in the audience who turned on their phone recorder.
>
> Or someone else involved did.
>
>
>>>> It seems strange that the audio recording could be used as evidence.
>>>> I thought there were laws against using evidence from secret
>>>> recordings.
>
>>>  You are wrong, as always.
>
>> There are some laws about using secret recordings as evidence.
>
> Even Rayney would be well aware of the law, fuckwit child.
>

So you don't actually know, you are just assuming because Rayney is
suing, fuckwit clown?

>>>> Also, if the newspaper company goes on to publish the recording
>>>> online, aren't they are also liable for any defamation action?
>
>>>  Nope, dope.
>
>> Why isn't the newspaper company also liable?
>
> You are too stupid to understand, stupid.

Re: Rayney suing for defamation

<op.1suy8e08byq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7472&group=aus.legal#7472

  copy link   Newsgroups: aus.legal
Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!aioe.org!usenet.goja.nl.eu.org!3.eu.feeder.erje.net!feeder.erje.net!news-2.dfn.de!news.dfn.de!fu-berlin.de!uni-berlin.de!individual.net!not-for-mail
From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Subject: Re: Rayney suing for defamation
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2022 04:34:52 +1000
Lines: 52
Message-ID: <op.1suy8e08byq249@pvr2.lan>
References: <tge1o3$o6d$1@gioia.aioe.org> <op.1stwjpo1byq249@pvr2.lan>
<tgees7$sl0$1@gioia.aioe.org> <op.1st9fqkxbyq249@pvr2.lan>
<tgfb6p$bb6$1@gioia.aioe.org>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-15; format=flowed; delsp=yes
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Trace: individual.net yiggKaYsyj1Q7ZLPNQtfOQF43PCx2r4x0h3MjOsZ9hM+7MzzA=
Cancel-Lock: sha1:CIBwWReN7vyMLcR2jrE1pLiXrlU=
User-Agent: Opera Mail/1.0 (Win32)
 by: Rod Speed - Wed, 21 Sep 2022 18:34 UTC

On Thu, 22 Sep 2022 01:39:05 +1000, Max <max@val.morgan> wrote:

> On 21/09/2022 7:17 pm, Rod Speed wrote:
>> On Wed, 21 Sep 2022 17:35:33 +1000, Max <max@val.morgan> wrote:
>>
>>> On 21/09/2022 2:39 pm, Rod Speed wrote:
>>>> Max <max@val.morgan> wrote
>>>>
>>>>> Former Perth barrister Lloyd Rayney is suing a forensic investigator
>>>>> over comments made at a science forum (conference):
>>>>
>>>>> https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-09-21/investigator-sued-by-lloyd-rayney-fails-to-remove-judge-in-case/101458974
>>>>
>>>>> An audio recording of what the investigator said at that forum is
>>>>> available here:
>>>>
>>>>> https://www.watoday.com.au/national/western-australia/lloyd-rayney-sues-forensic-investigator-for-telling-seminar-he-got-away-with-murder-20200721-p55dyh.html
>>>>
>>>>> --------------
>>>>
>>>>> It sounds like the recording was made by someone in the audience at
>>>>> the forum.
>>
>>>> Or it could be someone involved.
>>
>>> Unlikely.
>> Why ?
>>
>>> Probably just someone in the audience who turned on their phone
>>> recorder.
>> Or someone else involved did.
>>
>>>>> It seems strange that the audio recording could be used as evidence.
>>>>> I thought there were laws against using evidence from secret
>>>>> recordings.
>>
>>>> You are wrong, as always.
>>
>>> There are some laws about using secret recordings as evidence.
>> Even Rayney would be well aware of the law, fuckwit child.

> So you don't actually know, you are just assuming because Rayney is suing

You are wrong, as always.

>>>>> Also, if the newspaper company goes on to publish the recording
>>>>> online, aren't they are also liable for any defamation action?
>>
>>>> Nope, dope.
>>
>>> Why isn't the newspaper company also liable?
>> You are too stupid to understand, stupid.

Re: Rayney suing for defamation

<tgh3qd$1air$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7487&group=aus.legal#7487

  copy link   Newsgroups: aus.legal
Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!aioe.org!ZSVyeUKPwGXyfQ0UbZznUw.user.46.165.242.91.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: max...@val.morgan (Max)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Subject: Re: Rayney suing for defamation
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2022 17:45:17 +1000
Organization: Aioe.org NNTP Server
Message-ID: <tgh3qd$1air$1@gioia.aioe.org>
References: <tge1o3$o6d$1@gioia.aioe.org> <op.1stwjpo1byq249@pvr2.lan>
<tgees7$sl0$1@gioia.aioe.org> <op.1st9fqkxbyq249@pvr2.lan>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Injection-Info: gioia.aioe.org; logging-data="43611"; posting-host="ZSVyeUKPwGXyfQ0UbZznUw.user.gioia.aioe.org"; mail-complaints-to="abuse@aioe.org";
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20100101
Thunderbird/91.13.0
X-Notice: Filtered by postfilter v. 0.9.2
 by: Max - Thu, 22 Sep 2022 07:45 UTC

On 21/09/2022 7:17 pm, Rod Speed wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Sep 2022 17:35:33 +1000, Max <max@val.morgan> wrote:
>
>> On 21/09/2022 2:39 pm, Rod Speed wrote:
>>> Max <max@val.morgan> wrote
>>>
>>>> Former Perth barrister Lloyd Rayney is suing a forensic investigator
>>>> over comments made at a science forum (conference):
>>>
>>>> https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-09-21/investigator-sued-by-lloyd-rayney-fails-to-remove-judge-in-case/101458974
>>>>
>>>
>>>> An audio recording of what the investigator said at that forum is
>>>> available here:
>>>
>>>> https://www.watoday.com.au/national/western-australia/lloyd-rayney-sues-forensic-investigator-for-telling-seminar-he-got-away-with-murder-20200721-p55dyh.html
>>>>
>>>
>>>> --------------
>>>
>>>> It sounds like the recording was made by someone in the audience at
>>>> the forum.
>
>>>  Or it could be someone involved.
>
>> Unlikely.
>
> Why ?
>

If you listen to the recording, it's obvious it was just someone
randomly recording, and not someone involved in the matter.

>> Probably just someone in the audience who turned on their phone recorder.
>
> Or someone else involved did.
>
>
>>>> It seems strange that the audio recording could be used as evidence.
>>>> I thought there were laws against using evidence from secret
>>>> recordings.
>
>>>  You are wrong, as always.
>
>> There are some laws about using secret recordings as evidence.
>
> Even Rayney would be well aware of the law, fuckwit child.
>
>>>> Also, if the newspaper company goes on to publish the recording
>>>> online, aren't they are also liable for any defamation action?
>
>>>  Nope, dope.
>
>> Why isn't the newspaper company also liable?
>
> You are too stupid to understand, stupid.

Re: Rayney suing for defamation

<op.1svzysbwbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7488&group=aus.legal#7488

  copy link   Newsgroups: aus.legal
Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!aioe.org!news.uzoreto.com!fu-berlin.de!uni-berlin.de!individual.net!not-for-mail
From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Subject: Re: Rayney suing for defamation
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2022 17:48:18 +1000
Lines: 55
Message-ID: <op.1svzysbwbyq249@pvr2.lan>
References: <tge1o3$o6d$1@gioia.aioe.org> <op.1stwjpo1byq249@pvr2.lan>
<tgees7$sl0$1@gioia.aioe.org> <op.1st9fqkxbyq249@pvr2.lan>
<tgh3qd$1air$1@gioia.aioe.org>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-15; format=flowed; delsp=yes
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Trace: individual.net TZkdqD2zXf0gmBBQAjQz0QlFl7tq0gVE95EM8OOiYHKDngiNw=
Cancel-Lock: sha1:37e0ykCT73tVbE6A6ABYXPGQu4w=
User-Agent: Opera Mail/1.0 (Win32)
 by: Rod Speed - Thu, 22 Sep 2022 07:48 UTC

Max <max@val.morgan> wrote
> Rod Speed wrote
>> Max <max@val.morgan> wrote
>>> Rod Speed wrote
>>>> Max <max@val.morgan> wrote
>>>>
>>>>> Former Perth barrister Lloyd Rayney is suing a forensic investigator
>>>>> over comments made at a science forum (conference):
>>>>
>>>>> https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-09-21/investigator-sued-by-lloyd-rayney-fails-to-remove-judge-in-case/101458974
>>>>
>>>>> An audio recording of what the investigator said at that forum is
>>>>> available here:
>>>>
>>>>> https://www.watoday.com.au/national/western-australia/lloyd-rayney-sues-forensic-investigator-for-telling-seminar-he-got-away-with-murder-20200721-p55dyh.html
>>>>
>>>>> --------------
>>>>
>>>>> It sounds like the recording was made by someone in the audience at
>>>>> the forum.
>>
>>>> Or it could be someone involved.
>>
>>> Unlikely.

>> Why ?

Because they are more likely to want a record of it.

> If you listen to the recording, it's obvious it was just someone
> randomly recording, and not someone involved in the matter.

BULLSHIT.

>>> Probably just someone in the audience who turned on their phone
>>> recorder.

>> Or someone else involved did.

>>>>> It seems strange that the audio recording could be used as evidence.
>>>>> I thought there were laws against using evidence from secret
>>>>> recordings.
>>
>>>> You are wrong, as always.
>>
>>> There are some laws about using secret recordings as evidence.
>> Even Rayney would be well aware of the law, fuckwit child.
>>
>>>>> Also, if the newspaper company goes on to publish the recording
>>>>> online, aren't they are also liable for any defamation action?
>>
>>>> Nope, dope.
>>
>>> Why isn't the newspaper company also liable?
>> You are too stupid to understand, stupid.


aus+uk / aus.legal / Rayney suing for defamation

1
server_pubkey.txt

rocksolid light 0.9.81
clearnet tor