From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Inattentive cyclist crashed into car, breaking the rear window
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2022 14:36:08 +0000
 by: Spike - Sun, 27 Mar 2022 14:36 UTC

"A cyclist has collided with the back window of a car ..."

"Police attended the Boxing Day morning incident"

"the male cyclist ended up smashing through the window"

A cyclist has collided with the back window of a car in Richmond Park
which "slowed down to let geese cross the road."

Police attended the Boxing Day morning incident on the road between
Kingston and Ham gates.

According to authorities, the driver of a vehicle slowed to allow some
geese to cross the road and the male cyclist ended up smashing through
the window of the Mercedes.

Animal related incidents are common place in Richmond Park with busy
roads cutting through the parkland teeming with wildlife.

A spokesperson for the Met Police: "Officers at Richmond Park have been
dealing with a road traffic collision between Kingston Gate and Ham Gate
after the driver of a vehicle slowed to allow some geese to cross the
road and a male on a bicycle collided into the rear of her vehicle and
through the back window."

In 2015, a cyclist was caught speeding in Richmond Park at 38mph and was
ordered to pay more than £600 by magistrates as he was cycling without
due care and attention - according to an Evening Standard report.

A Metropolitan Police spokesperson, said: "We expect all road users to
act responsibly to ensure Richmond Park is a safe place for everybody.

"Officers carry out regular patrols and will take action against those
seen to be driving or riding in an irresponsible manner which
intentionally or recklessly puts public safety at risk."

<https://www.mylondon.news/news/west-london-news/cyclist-crashes-back-window-car-22575950>

--
Spike

Re: Inattentive fairy-cyclist crashed into car, breaking the rear window

<jabf7pFj8jtU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7472&group=uk.rec.cycling#7472

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Inattentive fairy-cyclist crashed into car, breaking the rear
window
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2022 16:47:05 +0100
 by: JNugent - Sun, 27 Mar 2022 15:47 UTC

On 27/03/2022 03:36 pm, Spike wrote:

> "A fairy-cyclist has collided with the back window of a car ..."
>
> "Police attended the Boxing Day morning incident"
>
> "the male fairy-cyclist ended up smashing through the window"
>

> A fairy-cyclist has collided with the back window of a car in Richmond Park
> which "slowed down to let geese cross the road."
>
> Police attended the Boxing Day morning incident on the road between
> Kingston and Ham gates.
>
> According to authorities, the driver of a vehicle slowed to allow some
> geese to cross the road and the male fairy-cyclist ended up smashing through
> the window of the Mercedes.
>
> Animal related incidents are common place in Richmond Park with busy
> roads cutting through the parkland teeming with wildlife.
>
> A spokesperson for the Met Police: "Officers at Richmond Park have been
> dealing with a road traffic collision between Kingston Gate and Ham Gate
> after the driver of a vehicle slowed to allow some geese to cross the
> road and a male on a fairy-bicycle collided into the rear of her vehicle and
> through the back window."
>
> In 2015, a fairy-cyclist was caught speeding in Richmond Park at 38mph and was
> ordered to pay more than £600 by magistrates as he was cycling without
> due care and attention - according to an Evening Standard report.
>
> A Metropolitan Police spokesperson, said: "We expect all road users to
> act responsibly to ensure Richmond Park is a safe place for everybody.
>
> "Officers carry out regular patrols and will take action against those
> seen to be driving or riding in an irresponsible manner which
> intentionally or recklessly puts public safety at risk."
>
> <https://www.mylondon.news/news/west-london-news/cyclist-crashes-back-window-car-22575950>

Boxing Day morning?

That fairy-cyclist will possibly have still been a bit the worse for wear.

Fairy-cyclists have been known to boast (here) that they ride their
fairy-bikes whilst drunk.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Inattentive fairy-cyclist crashed into car, breaking the rear window