Write a wise saying and your name will live forever. -- Anonymous

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Parking on my street is so bad I’ve GIVEN UP driving so I don’t have to fight for a spot

SubjectAuthor
* Parking on my street is so bad I’ve GIVEN UP driviswldx...@gmail.com
`- Re: Parking on my street is so bad I’ve GIVEN UP dMike Collins

1
Parking on my street is so bad I’ve GIVEN UP driving so I don’t have to fight for a spot

<b5386f6e-3c5a-4125-9af5-3eca86f150e2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7479&group=uk.rec.cycling#7479

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2022 09:26:28 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Parking_on_my_street_is_so_bad_I’ve_GIVEN_UP_drivi
ng_so_I_don’t_have_to_fight_for_a_spot
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sun, 27 Mar 2022 16:26 UTC

Get a bike instead, luv.

NEIGHBOURS have hit out at bad parking on their quiet street – with one even claiming she GAVE UP driving because of it.

Locals in Grantham, Lincolnshire, don’t believe that emergency services would be able to get down the road if they needed to.

Sidney Street has vehicles parked on both sides of the road and the motors ramp up in the evening when it gets busy.

One resident Carol McNulty even gave up driving when she moved to the area because parking on the one way street was so bad.

She said: "I am not sure, because the rubbish men always get down here, I'm not sure if it is a problem but in the evenings it could be difficult for a fire engine to get down here.

"When I came here I gave up driving because there was no way I was going to park on this street."

Other locals believe that students are using the road to park, as well as those who visit the Masonic Hall.

The surrounding roads of Chambers Street and Albion Road have similar issues.

James Cook, 28, told LincolnshireLive: "It gets really busy down here."

Rowland Ekwulugo, 83, added: "I do not use a car because I am a pensioner, but do have visitors who have a car. It is a relatively narrow road so when it is busy it can be difficult.

"People are sensible though. When the rubbish men come, they move their cars onto the pavement." - SELFISH GITS - SM.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/motors/18049843/parking-street-bad-given-up-driving-fight/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_campaign=sunmotorsfacebook&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1648131217

Re: Parking on my street is so bad I’ve GIVEN UP driving so I don’t have to fight for a spot

<b13e6f65-5663-4951-9901-1aceeba48077n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7481&group=uk.rec.cycling#7481

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2022 10:37:38 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re:_Parking_on_my_street_is_so_bad_I’ve_GIVEN_UP_d
riving_so_I_don’t_have_to_fight_for_a_spot
From: cmike8...@gmail.com (Mike Collins)
 by: Mike Collins - Sun, 27 Mar 2022 17:37 UTC

On Sunday, 27 March 2022 at 17:26:29 UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> Get a bike instead, luv.
>
> NEIGHBOURS have hit out at bad parking on their quiet street – with one even claiming she GAVE UP driving because of it.
>
> Locals in Grantham, Lincolnshire, don’t believe that emergency services would be able to get down the road if they needed to.
>
> Sidney Street has vehicles parked on both sides of the road and the motors ramp up in the evening when it gets busy.
>
> One resident Carol McNulty even gave up driving when she moved to the area because parking on the one way street was so bad.
>
> She said: "I am not sure, because the rubbish men always get down here, I'm not sure if it is a problem but in the evenings it could be difficult for a fire engine to get down here.
>
> "When I came here I gave up driving because there was no way I was going to park on this street."
>
> Other locals believe that students are using the road to park, as well as those who visit the Masonic Hall.
>
> The surrounding roads of Chambers Street and Albion Road have similar issues.
>
> James Cook, 28, told LincolnshireLive: "It gets really busy down here."
>
> Rowland Ekwulugo, 83, added: "I do not use a car because I am a pensioner, but do have visitors who have a car. It is a relatively narrow road so when it is busy it can be difficult.
>
> "People are sensible though. When the rubbish men come, they move their cars onto the pavement." - SELFISH GITS - SM.
>
> https://www.thesun.co.uk/motors/18049843/parking-street-bad-given-up-driving-fight/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_campaign=sunmotorsfacebook&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1648131217

If you do not have off road parking you should not be allowed to own a car.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Parking on my street is so bad I’ve GIVEN UP driving so I don’t have to fight for a spot