From: john4...@hotmail.com (John_H)
Newsgroups: aus.cars,aus.tv
Subject: Ch7 Supercars commercial
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2021 06:53:30 +1000
 by: John_H - Thu, 11 Nov 2021 20:53 UTC

The one that ends with the bloke in the racing suit walking down the
centre of the track but doesn't get run over (fans might know who he
is, I don't.).... the significance of which had me wondering.

Think I might've finally cracked it!

He's crashed his car and shat himself, or vice versa. Since no one
will give him a lift the track marshals have stopped the race so he
can hoof it back to the pits where his team mates are waiting to hose
him down (hence the saying home and hosed).

Supercars doesn't get much more exciting than that!

--
John H

Re: Ch7 Supercars commercial

<smk1u3$pdq$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7250&group=aus.cars#7250

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars,aus.tv
Subject: Re: Ch7 Supercars commercial
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2021 08:28:27 +1100
 by: Noddy - Thu, 11 Nov 2021 21:28 UTC

On 12/11/2021 7:53 am, John_H wrote:
> The one that ends with the bloke in the racing suit walking down the
> centre of the track but doesn't get run over (fans might know who he
> is, I don't.).... the significance of which had me wondering.
>
> Think I might've finally cracked it!
>
> He's crashed his car and shat himself, or vice versa. Since no one
> will give him a lift the track marshals have stopped the race so he
> can hoof it back to the pits where his team mates are waiting to hose
> him down (hence the saying home and hosed).
>
> Supercars doesn't get much more exciting than that!

Haven't seen it.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: Ch7 Supercars commercial

<iv5jblFmttdU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7252&group=aus.cars#7252

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars,aus.tv
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2021 09:21:39 +1100
 by: Daryl - Thu, 11 Nov 2021 22:21 UTC

On 12/11/21 7:53 am, John_H wrote:
> The one that ends with the bloke in the racing suit walking down the
> centre of the track but doesn't get run over (fans might know who he
> is, I don't.).... the significance of which had me wondering.
>
> Think I might've finally cracked it!
>
> He's crashed his car and shat himself, or vice versa. Since no one
> will give him a lift the track marshals have stopped the race so he
> can hoof it back to the pits where his team mates are waiting to hose
> him down (hence the saying home and hosed).
>
> Supercars doesn't get much more exciting than that!

LOL.
Can't find that ad and haven't seen it but it sounds as crap as the rest
of V8 Supercars:-)

--
Daryl

Re: Ch7 Supercars commercial

<f5drogdr3otkceb9s5id249m9a48umbsgp@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7261&group=aus.cars#7261

From: john4...@hotmail.com (John_H)
Newsgroups: aus.cars,aus.tv
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2021 10:34:27 +1000
 by: John_H - Fri, 12 Nov 2021 00:34 UTC

Daryl wrote:
>On 12/11/21 7:53 am, John_H wrote:
>> The one that ends with the bloke in the racing suit walking down the
>> centre of the track but doesn't get run over (fans might know who he
>> is, I don't.).... the significance of which had me wondering.
>>
>> Think I might've finally cracked it!
>>
>> He's crashed his car and shat himself, or vice versa. Since no one
>> will give him a lift the track marshals have stopped the race so he
>> can hoof it back to the pits where his team mates are waiting to hose
>> him down (hence the saying home and hosed).
>>
>> Supercars doesn't get much more exciting than that!
>>

>LOL.
>Can't find that ad and haven't seen it but it sounds as crap as the rest
>of V8 Supercars:-)

Our TV comes via VAST (satellite) and AFAIK 7 is 7Central out of
Sydney.

Said commercial is a complete fuckup and would make very lttle sense
to anyone who isn't a devout fan. It's been around for some time and
I happened to catch it again last night while waiting for the local 7
news which is about the only thing I regularly watch on commercial TV.

--
John H

Re: Ch7 Supercars commercial

<smkcui$135$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7262&group=aus.cars#7262

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2021 08:36:35 +0800
 by: Clocky - Fri, 12 Nov 2021 00:36 UTC

On 12/11/2021 5:28 am, Noddy wrote:
> On 12/11/2021 7:53 am, John_H wrote:
>> The one that ends with the bloke in the racing suit  walking down the
>> centre of the track but doesn't get run over (fans might know who he
>> is, I don't.).... the significance of which had me wondering.
>>
>> Think I might've finally cracked it!
>>
>> He's crashed his car and shat himself, or vice versa.  Since no one
>> will give him a lift the track marshals have stopped the race so he
>> can hoof it back to the pits where his team mates are waiting to hose
>> him down (hence the saying home and hosed).
>>
>> Supercars doesn't get much more exciting than that!
>
> Haven't seen it.

Oh look who's cross-posting... :-)

Re: Ch7 Supercars commercial

<snbpq3$137u$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7480&group=aus.cars#7480

From: max...@val.morgan (Max)
Newsgroups: aus.cars,aus.tv
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2021 08:37:07 +1100
 by: Max - Sat, 20 Nov 2021 21:37 UTC

On 12/11/2021 9:21 am, Daryl wrote:
> On 12/11/21 7:53 am, John_H wrote:
>> The one that ends with the bloke in the racing suit  walking down the
>> centre of the track but doesn't get run over (fans might know who he
>> is, I don't.).... the significance of which had me wondering.
>>
>> Think I might've finally cracked it!
>>
>> He's crashed his car and shat himself, or vice versa.  Since no one
>> will give him a lift the track marshals have stopped the race so he
>> can hoof it back to the pits where his team mates are waiting to hose
>> him down (hence the saying home and hosed).
>>
>> Supercars doesn't get much more exciting than that!
>>

> LOL.
> Can't find that ad and haven't seen it but it sounds as crap as the rest
> of V8 Supercars:-)

I thought that people in aus.cars would love the Supercars !