From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: People shun public transport - a false dawn for TfL cycling?
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2022 07:58:10 +0000
 by: Spike - Mon, 28 Mar 2022 07:58 UTC

On 27/03/2022 16:09, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

> London's bike hire scheme keeps breaking its own records, with Santander Cycles being hired more than ever before for each of the last six months.

> The London bike hire scheme also had its record year in 2021, with figures showing that 11 million bikes were hired out last year.

Nothing at all to do with people trying to avoid catching Covid on buses
or the underground, of course.

> Will Norman, London's Walking & Cycling Commissioner, said in a press release that TfL was "determined" to build on this cycling boom

TfL needs to be seen to do something, as people shun public transport.

<https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/londons-bike-hire-scheme-keeps-breaking-records>

--
Spike

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / People shun public transport - a false dawn for TfL cycling?