Q: What do you call a blind, deaf-mute, quadraplegic Virginian? A: Trustworthy.

aus+uk / aus.cars / Re: OT: Good riddance to the grub

SubjectAuthor
* OT: Good riddance to the grubJohn_H
+* OT: Good riddance to the grubNoddy
|`* OT: Good riddance to the grubDaryl
| `* OT: Good riddance to the grubNoddy
|  `* OT: Good riddance to the grubDaryl
|   +* OT: Good riddance to the grubNoddy
|   |`- OT: Good riddance to the grubDaryl
|   `* OT: Good riddance to the grubJohn_H
|    +* OT: Good riddance to the grubNoddy
|    |`* OT: Good riddance to the grubDaryl
|    | +* OT: Good riddance to the grubClocky
|    | |`- OT: Good riddance to the grubYosemite Sam
|    | `* OT: Good riddance to the grubNoddy
|    |  `- OT: Good riddance to the grubClocky
|    +- OT: Good riddance to the grubDaryl
|    +* OT: Good riddance to the grubYosemite Sam
|    |`- OT: Good riddance to the grubClocky
|    +- OT: Good riddance to the grubYosemite Sam
|    `- OT: Good riddance to the grubClocky
+- OT: Good riddance to the grubClocky
`* OT: Good riddance to the grubYosemite Sam
 `- OT: Good riddance to the grubMax

1
OT: Good riddance to the grub

<hh2gpgd0pf570jm2pn5n7h6r0gbl581mnt@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7468&group=aus.cars#7468

From: john4...@hotmail.com (John_H)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: OT: Good riddance to the grub
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2021 06:40:11 +1000
 by: John_H - Fri, 19 Nov 2021 20:40 UTC

What sort of bloke sends photos of his slug to a woman?

Which also begs the question.... What do women think of dick pics?

--
John H

Re: OT: Good riddance to the grub

<sn98d1$beo$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7469&group=aus.cars#7469

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: Re: OT: Good riddance to the grub
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2021 09:27:42 +1100
 by: Noddy - Fri, 19 Nov 2021 22:27 UTC

On 20/11/2021 7:40 am, John_H wrote:

> What sort of bloke sends photos of his slug to a woman?

Retards mostly. I haven't heard any news in the last couple of days, so
I have no idea who you're talking about.

> Which also begs the question.... What do women think of dick pics?

Dunno. I imagine there are _some_ who like them, but it's not something
I've ever thought about.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: OT: Good riddance to the grub

<ivqr0bFp4v5U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7470&group=aus.cars#7470

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2021 10:40:59 +1100
 by: Daryl - Fri, 19 Nov 2021 23:40 UTC

On 20/11/21 9:27 am, Noddy wrote:
> On 20/11/2021 7:40 am, John_H wrote:
>
>> What sort of bloke sends photos of his slug to a woman?
>
> Retards mostly. I haven't heard any news in the last couple of days, so
> I have no idea who you're talking about.

Tim Paine, now ex Australian cricket captain.

--
Daryl

Re: OT: Good riddance to the grub

<sn9fnp$n54$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7471&group=aus.cars#7471

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2021 08:32:52 +0800
 by: Clocky - Sat, 20 Nov 2021 00:32 UTC

On 20/11/2021 4:40 am, John_H wrote:
> What sort of bloke sends photos of his slug to a woman?

Married Aussie cricketers (when they're not busy cheating) and AFL
players. Rugby players are more into fingering arseholes.

> Which also begs the question.... What do women think of dick pics?

Depends on the woman and the dick as to what answer you are likely to
get I'd say.

Re: OT: Good riddance to the grub

<sn9jkl$ahm$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7472&group=aus.cars#7472

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2021 12:39:34 +1100
 by: Noddy - Sat, 20 Nov 2021 01:39 UTC

On 20/11/2021 10:40 am, Daryl wrote:
> On 20/11/21 9:27 am, Noddy wrote:
>> On 20/11/2021 7:40 am, John_H wrote:
>>
>>> What sort of bloke sends photos of his slug to a woman?
>>
>> Retards mostly. I haven't heard any news in the last couple of days,
>> so I have no idea who you're talking about.
>
> Tim Paine, now ex Australian cricket captain.

What a fuckwit.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: OT: Good riddance to the grub

<ivse42F3pkjU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7476&group=aus.cars#7476

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2021 01:14:49 +1100
 by: Yosemite Sam - Sat, 20 Nov 2021 14:14 UTC

On 20/11/2021 7:40 am, John_H wrote:
> What sort of bloke sends photos of his slug to a woman?
>
> Which also begs the question.... What do women think of dick pics?

it was private and consensual. the problem was some gubby journalist
made it public. his career should not suffer for something that was in
his private life and didn't affect his playing performance. it's only
because it's now in the public arena that CA are punishing him for it.
we should not expect sporting stars to be saints! now we have lost the
best wicket keeper in the game!

--
"A mans got to know his limitations"
- clint Eastwood as Dirty Harry

Re: OT: Good riddance to the grub

<ivtih4FajevU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7481&group=aus.cars#7481

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2021 11:34:41 +1100
 by: Daryl - Sun, 21 Nov 2021 00:34 UTC

On 20/11/21 12:39 pm, Noddy wrote:
> On 20/11/2021 10:40 am, Daryl wrote:

>>> Retards mostly. I haven't heard any news in the last couple of days,
>>> so I have no idea who you're talking about.
>>
>> Tim Paine, now ex Australian cricket captain.
>
> What a fuckwit.

Yes and no, him for doing that but it happened in 2017 well before he
was appointed captain so the Australian Cricket Board are also fuckwits
for appointing him since they knew about it.
It was a consensual thing between him and the woman involved so the ACB
took no action but somehow it was going to become public so he choose to
resign.
A complete fuckup by all involved.

--
Daryl

Re: OT: Good riddance to the grub

<snc916$3ti$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7482&group=aus.cars#7482

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2021 12:56:50 +1100
 by: Noddy - Sun, 21 Nov 2021 01:56 UTC

On 21/11/2021 11:34 am, Daryl wrote:
> On 20/11/21 12:39 pm, Noddy wrote:

>>> Tim Paine, now ex Australian cricket captain.
>>
>> What a fuckwit.
>>

> Yes and no, him for doing that but it happened in 2017 well before he
> was appointed captain so the Australian Cricket Board are also fuckwits
> for appointing him since they knew about it.

They probably didn't think it would be a big deal given that it was
consensual.

> It was a consensual thing between him and the woman involved so the ACB
> took no action but somehow it was going to become public so he choose to
> resign.

This is the thing. From what I read in the paper yesterday, and despite
the Herald-Sun obviousdy doing it's best to portray otherwise, it was a
completely consensual and reciprocal exchange between two people in a
private capacity. It had nothing whatsoever to do with their work, it
was not reflective of Cricket Australia's or anyone else's views, it was
just a private conversation between to consenting adults and I'm fucked
if I know on what grounds it should have ever been made public.

> A complete fuckup by all involved.

It is. I mean, for fuck's sake grow the fuck up mate. You're married to
a beautiful young woman. You don't need to be sending pictures of your
Johnson to some woman who works for Cricket Tasmania. You carried on
like a fucking twat, and it's blown up in your face.

Still, in having said all that, the party that deserves the biggest
portion of the stick over this in my opinion is the media, and in
particular the Herald-Sun. Given that this is *not* a criminal matter
they had *no* justification whatsoever in publishing the contents of
private text messages between two consenting adults, and the fact that
the woman has since made a complaint to Cricket Australia *after* the
event does not alter that fact. If it becomes a matter for the courts to
decide at some future point *then* they can report on it all they like,
but for now it's a private matter that has nothing to do with anyone
else and for them to run an "exclusive investigation" is nothing other
than a which hunt designed to do nothing other than sell copy at the
expense of someone's career.

The media in this country can just get fucked. And that goes for all of it.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: OT: Good riddance to the grub

<sncb4o$14kf$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7483&group=aus.cars#7483

From: max...@val.morgan (Max)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2021 13:32:56 +1100
 by: Max - Sun, 21 Nov 2021 02:32 UTC

On 21/11/2021 1:14 am, Yosemite Sam wrote:
> On 20/11/2021 7:40 am, John_H wrote:
>> What sort of bloke sends photos of his slug to a woman?
>>
>> Which also begs the question.... What do women think of dick pics?
>>

> it was private and consensual. the problem was some gubby journalist
> made it public. his career should not suffer for something that was in
> his private life and didn't affect his playing performance. it's only
> because it's now in the public arena that CA are punishing him for it.
> we should not expect sporting stars to be saints! now we have lost the
> best wicket keeper in the game!

I don't get why it's such a big issue. It's his private life.

Re: OT: Good riddance to the grub

<ivtssvFcc92U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7484&group=aus.cars#7484

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2021 14:31:43 +1100
 by: Daryl - Sun, 21 Nov 2021 03:31 UTC

On 21/11/21 12:56 pm, Noddy wrote:
> On 21/11/2021 11:34 am, Daryl wrote:

>>> What a fuckwit.
>>>

>> Yes and no, him for doing that but it happened in 2017 well before he
>> was appointed captain so the Australian Cricket Board are also
>> fuckwits for appointing him since they knew about it.
>
> They probably didn't think it would be a big deal given that it was
> consensual.
>
>> It was a consensual thing between him and the woman involved so the
>> ACB took no action but somehow it was going to become public so he
>> choose to resign.
>
> This is the thing. From what I read in the paper yesterday, and despite
> the Herald-Sun obviousdy doing it's best to portray otherwise, it was a
> completely consensual and reciprocal exchange between two people in a
> private capacity. It had nothing whatsoever to do with their work, it
> was not reflective of Cricket Australia's or anyone else's views, it was
> just a private conversation between to consenting adults and I'm fucked
> if I know on what grounds it should have ever been made public.
>
>> A complete fuckup by all involved.
>
> It is. I mean, for fuck's sake grow the fuck up mate. You're married to
> a beautiful young woman. You don't need to be sending pictures of your
> Johnson to some woman who works for Cricket Tasmania. You carried on
> like a fucking twat, and it's blown up in your face.
>
> Still, in having said all that, the party that deserves the biggest
> portion of the stick over this in my opinion is the media, and in
> particular the Herald-Sun. Given that this is *not* a criminal matter
> they had *no* justification whatsoever in publishing the contents of
> private text messages between two consenting adults, and the fact that
> the woman has since made a complaint to Cricket Australia *after* the
> event does not alter that fact. If it becomes a matter for the courts to
> decide at some future point *then* they can report on it all they like,
> but for now it's a private matter that has nothing to do with anyone
> else and for them to run an "exclusive investigation" is nothing other
> than a which hunt designed to do nothing other than sell copy at the
> expense of someone's career.
>
> The media in this country can just get fucked. And that goes for all of it.

Absolutely, they are getting trashier by the minute.

--
Daryl

Re: OT: Good riddance to the grub

<poqjpgh5n5oldl2icfbme2qj872fjjvs9a@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7485&group=aus.cars#7485

From: john4...@hotmail.com (John_H)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2021 16:58:40 +1000
 by: John_H - Sun, 21 Nov 2021 06:58 UTC

Daryl wrote:
>On 20/11/21 12:39 pm, Noddy wrote:

>>> Tim Paine, now ex Australian cricket captain.
>>
>> What a fuckwit.
>>

>Yes and no, him for doing that but it happened in 2017 well before he
>was appointed captain so the Australian Cricket Board are also fuckwits
>for appointing him since they knew about it.
>It was a consensual thing between him and the woman involved so the ACB
>took no action but somehow it was going to become public so he choose to
>resign.

Consensual at the the time maybe but the recipient has since turned
nasty ((found a better looking dick perhaps) and leaked to the media.
More fool him for not even considering the possibility.

Even more so since he was married to someone else at the time,
adulterous arsehole that he obviously is.

--
John H

Re: OT: Good riddance to the grub

<sncr4h$mev$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7486&group=aus.cars#7486

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2021 18:05:52 +1100
 by: Noddy - Sun, 21 Nov 2021 07:05 UTC

On 21/11/2021 5:58 pm, John_H wrote:
> Daryl wrote:

>> Yes and no, him for doing that but it happened in 2017 well before he
>> was appointed captain so the Australian Cricket Board are also fuckwits
>> for appointing him since they knew about it.
>> It was a consensual thing between him and the woman involved so the ACB
>> took no action but somehow it was going to become public so he choose to
>> resign.
>
> Consensual at the the time maybe but the recipient has since turned
> nasty ((found a better looking dick perhaps) and leaked to the media.
> More fool him for not even considering the possibility.

You have to wonder what the motivation is there. He was certainly an
idiot, but that's not a crime.

> Even more so since he was married to someone else at the time,
> adulterous arsehole that he obviously is.

Again, he's not guilty of breaking any laws. Moral arguments are another
thing entirely.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: OT: Good riddance to the grub

<ivu9rlFek9qU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7487&group=aus.cars#7487

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2021 18:12:52 +1100
 by: Daryl - Sun, 21 Nov 2021 07:12 UTC

On 21/11/21 5:58 pm, John_H wrote:
> Daryl wrote:

>>> What a fuckwit.
>>>

>> Yes and no, him for doing that but it happened in 2017 well before he
>> was appointed captain so the Australian Cricket Board are also fuckwits
>> for appointing him since they knew about it.
>> It was a consensual thing between him and the woman involved so the ACB
>> took no action but somehow it was going to become public so he choose to
>> resign.
>
> Consensual at the the time maybe but the recipient has since turned
> nasty ((found a better looking dick perhaps) and leaked to the media.
> More fool him for not even considering the possibility.
>
> Even more so since he was married to someone else at the time,
> adulterous arsehole that he obviously is.

Whatever your view on things like that it certainly wasn't very clever
on his part.

--
Daryl

Re: OT: Good riddance to the grub

<ivua20FelprU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7488&group=aus.cars#7488

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2021 18:16:14 +1100
 by: Daryl - Sun, 21 Nov 2021 07:16 UTC

On 21/11/21 6:05 pm, Noddy wrote:
> On 21/11/2021 5:58 pm, John_H wrote:
>> Daryl wrote:
>
>>> Yes and no, him for doing that but it happened in 2017 well before he
>>> was appointed captain so the Australian Cricket Board are also fuckwits
>>> for appointing him since they knew about it.
>>> It was a consensual thing between him and the woman involved so the ACB
>>> took no action but somehow it was going to become public so he choose to
>>> resign.
>>
>> Consensual at the the time maybe but the recipient has since turned
>> nasty ((found a better looking dick perhaps) and leaked to the media.
>> More fool him for not even considering the possibility.
>
> You have to wonder what the motivation is there. He was certainly an
> idiot, but that's not a crime.
>
>> Even more so since he was married to someone else at the time,
>> adulterous arsehole that he obviously is.
>
> Again, he's not guilty of breaking any laws. Moral arguments are another
> thing entirely.

Regardless of any moral arguments its just not a very smart way to behave.

--
Daryl

Re: OT: Good riddance to the grub

<ivubeoFesm0U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7489&group=aus.cars#7489

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2021 18:41:42 +1100
 by: Yosemite Sam - Sun, 21 Nov 2021 07:41 UTC

On 21/11/2021 5:58 pm, John_H wrote:
> Daryl wrote:

>>> What a fuckwit.
>>>

>> Yes and no, him for doing that but it happened in 2017 well before he
>> was appointed captain so the Australian Cricket Board are also fuckwits
>> for appointing him since they knew about it.
>> It was a consensual thing between him and the woman involved so the ACB
>> took no action but somehow it was going to become public so he choose to
>> resign.
> Consensual at the the time maybe but the recipient has since turned
> nasty ((found a better looking dick perhaps) and leaked to the media.
> More fool him for not even considering the possibility.

it was stupid of him, that's for sure

> Even more so since he was married to someone else at the time,
> adulterous arsehole that he obviously is.

--
"A mans got to know his limitations"
- clint Eastwood as Dirty Harry

Re: OT: Good riddance to the grub

<snctbl$b2$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7490&group=aus.cars#7490

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2021 15:43:51 +0800
 by: Clocky - Sun, 21 Nov 2021 07:43 UTC

On 21/11/2021 3:16 pm, Daryl wrote:
> On 21/11/21 6:05 pm, Noddy wrote:

>>> Consensual at the the time maybe but the recipient has since turned
>>> nasty ((found a better looking dick perhaps) and leaked to the media.
>>> More fool him for not even considering the possibility.
>>
>> You have to wonder what the motivation is there. He was certainly an
>> idiot, but that's not a crime.
>>
>>> Even more so since he was married to someone else at the time,
>>> adulterous arsehole that he obviously is.
>>
>> Again, he's not guilty of breaking any laws. Moral arguments are
>> another thing entirely.
>>

> Regardless of any moral arguments its just not a very smart way to behave.

Like not putting your kid in a seat belt? Immoral *and* illegal but
you're OK with that Daryl?

Re: OT: Good riddance to the grub

<ivubm9Fesm0U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7491&group=aus.cars#7491

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2021 18:45:42 +1100
 by: Yosemite Sam - Sun, 21 Nov 2021 07:45 UTC

On 21/11/2021 5:58 pm, John_H wrote:
> Daryl wrote:

>>> What a fuckwit.
>>>

>> Yes and no, him for doing that but it happened in 2017 well before he
>> was appointed captain so the Australian Cricket Board are also fuckwits
>> for appointing him since they knew about it.
>> It was a consensual thing between him and the woman involved so the ACB
>> took no action but somehow it was going to become public so he choose to
>> resign.
> Consensual at the the time maybe but the recipient has since turned
> nasty ((found a better looking dick perhaps) and leaked to the media.
> More fool him for not even considering the possibility.

women who have had sexting or other sexual activity with famous ppl
often/eventually see it as an opportunity to make money

> Even more so since he was married to someone else at the time,
> adulterous arsehole that he obviously is.

--
"A mans got to know his limitations"
- clint Eastwood as Dirty Harry

Re: OT: Good riddance to the grub

<ivuborFesm0U3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7492&group=aus.cars#7492

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2021 18:47:05 +1100
 by: Yosemite Sam - Sun, 21 Nov 2021 07:47 UTC

On 21/11/2021 6:43 pm, Clocky wrote:
> On 21/11/2021 3:16 pm, Daryl wrote:

>>> You have to wonder what the motivation is there. He was certainly an
>>> idiot, but that's not a crime.

>>> Again, he's not guilty of breaking any laws. Moral arguments are
>>> another thing entirely.
>>>

>> Regardless of any moral arguments its just not a very smart way to
>> behave.
>>

> Like not putting your kid in a seat belt? Immoral *and* illegal but
> you're OK with that Daryl?

Daryl doesn't have a brain. he just rubber stamps everything his bogan
mate says.

--
"A mans got to know his limitations"
- clint Eastwood as Dirty Harry

Re: OT: Good riddance to the grub

<snctn6$367$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7493&group=aus.cars#7493

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2021 15:49:55 +0800
 by: Clocky - Sun, 21 Nov 2021 07:49 UTC

On 21/11/2021 2:58 pm, John_H wrote:
> Daryl wrote:

>>> What a fuckwit.
>>>

>> Yes and no, him for doing that but it happened in 2017 well before he
>> was appointed captain so the Australian Cricket Board are also fuckwits
>> for appointing him since they knew about it.
>> It was a consensual thing between him and the woman involved so the ACB
>> took no action but somehow it was going to become public so he choose to
>> resign.
>
> Consensual at the the time maybe but the recipient has since turned
> nasty ((found a better looking dick perhaps)

No, she got the arse for stealing and turned nasty.

and leaked to the media.
> More fool him for not even considering the possibility.
>
> Even more so since he was married to someone else at the time,
> adulterous arsehole that he obviously is.

They worked through it at the time and she is still married to him and
supports him. Immoral sure, but not illegal.

It would be worse if he wasn't putting a belt on his kid when passenger
in an inherently unsafe vehicle for instance - that being illegal,
immoral and completely irresponsible.

Re: OT: Good riddance to the grub

<snctp1$367$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7494&group=aus.cars#7494

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2021 15:50:59 +0800
 by: Clocky - Sun, 21 Nov 2021 07:50 UTC

On 21/11/2021 3:41 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
> On 21/11/2021 5:58 pm, John_H wrote:
>> Daryl wrote:

>>> Yes and no, him for doing that but it happened in 2017 well before he
>>> was appointed captain so the Australian Cricket Board are also fuckwits
>>> for appointing him since they knew about it.
>>> It was a consensual thing between him and the woman involved so the ACB
>>> took no action but somehow it was going to become public so he choose to
>>> resign.
>> Consensual at the the time maybe but the recipient has since turned
>> nasty ((found a better looking dick perhaps) and leaked to the media.
>> More fool him for not even considering the possibility.
>

> it was stupid of him, that's for sure

Sure was.

Re: OT: Good riddance to the grub

<snd4gl$b64$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7496&group=aus.cars#7496

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2021 20:45:55 +1100
 by: Noddy - Sun, 21 Nov 2021 09:45 UTC

On 21/11/2021 6:16 pm, Daryl wrote:
> On 21/11/21 6:05 pm, Noddy wrote:
>> On 21/11/2021 5:58 pm, John_H wrote:

>>> Consensual at the the time maybe but the recipient has since turned
>>> nasty ((found a better looking dick perhaps) and leaked to the media.
>>> More fool him for not even considering the possibility.
>>
>> You have to wonder what the motivation is there. He was certainly an
>> idiot, but that's not a crime.
>>
>>> Even more so since he was married to someone else at the time,
>>> adulterous arsehole that he obviously is.
>>
>> Again, he's not guilty of breaking any laws. Moral arguments are
>> another thing entirely.
>>

> Regardless of any moral arguments its just not a very smart way to behave.

No it isn't, and I'm not making excuses for him. I think he was an utter
fuckwit and brought it on himself. I just don't believe the newspaper
had any right to print the content of private text messages between two
consenting adults.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: OT: Good riddance to the grub

<snelm2$rgk$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7501&group=aus.cars#7501

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2021 07:45:00 +0800
 by: Clocky - Sun, 21 Nov 2021 23:45 UTC

On 21/11/2021 5:45 pm, Noddy wrote:
> On 21/11/2021 6:16 pm, Daryl wrote:

>>> You have to wonder what the motivation is there. He was certainly an
>>> idiot, but that's not a crime.

>>> Again, he's not guilty of breaking any laws. Moral arguments are
>>> another thing entirely.
>>>

>> Regardless of any moral arguments its just not a very smart way to
>> behave.
>
> No it isn't, and I'm not making excuses for him. I think he was an utter
> fuckwit and brought it on himself. I just don't believe the newspaper
> had any right to print the content of private text messages between two
> consenting adults.

The newspaper was well within it's rights to publish those messages.
It's hard to argue it wasn't newsworthy or not in the public interest
when the Australian cricket captain quit as a result of publishing them.

Morally wrong perhaps, but since you don't trouble yourself with your
obligations to provide proof of your claims or your moral and legal
obligation to put a seat belt on your child for instance you should be
the last person to pass judgement on the morality of anything.