From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Non-Event of the Day 739: '...uphill...' - a clue why the cyclist was
overtaken!
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2022 15:52:54 +0000
 by: Spike - Mon, 28 Mar 2022 15:52 UTC

Read the full horror story at the link below.

The road.cc reader who filmed today’s Near Miss of the Day video says
that if he hadn’t braked almost to a standstill when he spotted a van
driver overtaking a cyclist who was pedalling uphill, he was certain
that there would have been a crash.

The incident was filmed last Tuesday on the B9140 in Clackmannanshire,
Scotland, with Kevin, who took the video on the dashcam of the vehicle
he was driving, telling us: “It’s one of the scenarios I hate the most,
climbing as best you can with a van desperate to get by.

<https://road.cc/content/news/nmotd-739-if-i-hadnt-stopped-it-was-collision-291459>

--
Spike

Re: Non-Event of the Day 739: '...uphill...' - a clue why the cyclist was overtaken!

<jae8tvF576jU4@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7509&group=uk.rec.cycling#7509

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Non-Event of the Day 739: '...uphill...' - a clue why the cyclist
was overtaken!
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2022 18:17:51 +0100
 by: JNugent - Mon, 28 Mar 2022 17:17 UTC

On 28/03/2022 04:52 pm, Spike wrote:

> Read the full horror story at the link below.
>
> The road.cc reader who filmed today’s Near Miss of the Day video says
> that if he hadn’t braked almost to a standstill when he spotted a van
> driver overtaking a cyclist who was pedalling uphill, he was certain
> that there would have been a crash.
>
> The incident was filmed last Tuesday on the B9140 in Clackmannanshire,
> Scotland, with Kevin, who took the video on the dashcam of the vehicle
> he was driving, telling us: “It’s one of the scenarios I hate the most,
> climbing as best you can with a van desperate to get by.
>

> <https://road.cc/content/news/nmotd-739-if-i-hadnt-stopped-it-was-collision-291459>

See whether you can spot the bit where he "brakes almost to a standstill".

No, me neither.

Re: Non-Event of the Day 739: '...uphill...' - a clue why the cyclist was overtaken!

<t1udvh$1a8b$4@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7517&group=uk.rec.cycling#7517

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
was overtaken!
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2022 07:54:27 +0000
 by: Spike - Tue, 29 Mar 2022 07:54 UTC

On 28/03/2022 17:17, JNugent wrote:
> On 28/03/2022 04:52 pm, Spike wrote:

>> Read the full horror story at the link below.

>> The road.cc reader who filmed today’s Near Miss of the Day video says
>> that if he hadn’t braked almost to a standstill when he spotted a van
>> driver overtaking a cyclist who was pedalling uphill, he was certain
>> that there would have been a crash.

>> The incident was filmed last Tuesday on the B9140 in Clackmannanshire,
>> Scotland, with Kevin, who took the video on the dashcam of the vehicle
>> he was driving, telling us: “It’s one of the scenarios I hate the most,
>> climbing as best you can with a van desperate to get by.

>> <https://road.cc/content/news/nmotd-739-if-i-hadnt-stopped-it-was-collision-291459>

> See whether you can spot the bit where he "brakes almost to a standstill".

> No, me neither.

Well spotted.

It's a well-worn technique: 'quote something' that wasn't actually said,
then deploy the red-mist victim culture to respond.

Fools no-one - or at least, no-one outside 'cycling'.

--
Spike

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Non-Event of the Day 739: '...uphill...' - a clue why the cyclist was overtaken!