There's a whole WORLD in a mud puddle! -- Doug Clifford

aus+uk / uk.comp.sys.mac / Re: How to get iWork on High Sierra

SubjectAuthor
* How to get iWork on High Sierrajbrennand
+* Re: How to get iWork on High SierraDavid Kennedy
|+* Re: How to get iWork on High Sierrajbrennand
||`- Re: How to get iWork on High SierraGraeme Wall
|`* Re: How to get iWork on High SierraGraeme Wall
| `* Re: How to get iWork on High SierraAlan B
|  `* Re: How to get iWork on High Sierrajbrennand
|   `* Re: How to get iWork on High SierraAlan B
|    +* Re: How to get iWork on High SierraMark
|    |+- Re: How to get iWork on High Sierrajbrennand
|    |`* Re: How to get iWork on High Sierrajbrennand
|    | `- Re: How to get iWork on High SierraMark
|    `- Re: How to get iWork on High Sierrajbrennand
+- Re: How to get iWork on High SierraWolffan
+* Re: How to get iWork on High Sierrajbrennand
|`- Re: How to get iWork on High SierraDavid Kennedy
`- Re: How to get iWork on High Sierrajbrennand

1
How to get iWork on High Sierra

<t12vd9$hdo$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7203&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#7203

From: brenn...@ntlworld.com (jbrennand)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Subject: How to get iWork on High Sierra
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2022 22:00:08 +0000
 by: jbrennand - Fri, 18 Mar 2022 22:00 UTC

In my thread below you can read that I have put a new SSD HD into my
daughters 2012 MBP which is currently running High Sierra 10.13.6.

She had an old MS Office on there which of course is now not working as
it is wanting her to update to 365 which she is never going to do.

I plan to move her to Libre Office because I believe you now have to pay
for iWork. I use it on my new MB Air and I like it but dont want to pay
for her to use it as she does very little with it other than read/edit docs.

However, I have just discovered my old iWork'08 family install disc
(with Key). Before trying it out, do you think this will install and
run Pages/Numbers/Keynote on her system ok ? Also, would it then allow
a free "upgrade" through the Apple Store - or has that little loophole
been closed down now?

Thanks for any thoughts.

JohnB

Re: How to get iWork on High Sierra

<LL-dnYpEoMvmlKj_nZ2dnUU7-YXNnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7204&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#7204

Subject: Re: How to get iWork on High Sierra
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
From: davidken...@gmail.com (David Kennedy)
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2022 22:36:42 +0000
 by: David Kennedy - Fri, 18 Mar 2022 22:36 UTC

On 18/03/2022 22:00, jbrennand wrote:
> In my thread below you can read that I have put a new SSD HD into my daughters
> 2012 MBP which is currently running High Sierra 10.13.6.
>
> She had an old MS Office on there which of course is now not working as it is
> wanting her to update to 365 which she is never going to do.
>
> I plan to move her to Libre Office because I believe you now have to pay for
> iWork.  I use it on my new MB Air and I like it but dont want to pay for her
> to use it as she does very little with it other than read/edit docs.
>
> However, I have just discovered my old iWork'08 family install disc (with
> Key).  Before trying it out, do you think this will install and run
> Pages/Numbers/Keynote on her system ok ?  Also, would it then allow a free
> "upgrade" through the Apple Store - or has that little loophole been closed
> down now?
>
> Thanks for any thoughts.
>
> JohnB

I have a vague recollection of iWork being a chargeable upgrade in the dim and
distant past but, AFAIK it's no longer the case.
Pages is a free download - you can check on the app store - and I suspect that
numbers is also.

You should probably forget the iwork disc and start with the latest versions
the machine will take.

Re: How to get iWork on High Sierra

<t132fa$9gs$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7207&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#7207

From: brenn...@ntlworld.com (jbrennand)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2022 22:52:25 +0000
 by: jbrennand - Fri, 18 Mar 2022 22:52 UTC

On 18/03/2022 22:36, David Kennedy wrote:
> On 18/03/2022 22:00, jbrennand wrote:
>> In my thread below you can read that I have put a new SSD HD into my
>> daughters 2012 MBP which is currently running High Sierra 10.13.6.
>>
>> She had an old MS Office on there which of course is now not working
>> as it is wanting her to update to 365 which she is never going to do.
>>
>> I plan to move her to Libre Office because I believe you now have to
>> pay for iWork.  I use it on my new MB Air and I like it but dont want
>> to pay for her to use it as she does very little with it other than
>> read/edit docs.
>>
>> However, I have just discovered my old iWork'08 family install disc
>> (with Key).  Before trying it out, do you think this will install and
>> run Pages/Numbers/Keynote on her system ok ?  Also, would it then
>> allow a free "upgrade" through the Apple Store - or has that little
>> loophole been closed down now?
>>
>> Thanks for any thoughts.
>>
>> JohnB
>
> I have a vague recollection of iWork being a chargeable upgrade in the
> dim and distant past but, AFAIK it's no longer the case.
> Pages is a free download - you can check on the app store - and I
> suspect that numbers is also.
>
> You should probably forget the iwork disc and start with the latest
> versions the machine will take.
Thanks David, good call.

I will take a peek on the App store tomorrow when I fire her MBP up
again.... I am taking a well deserved break now with a glass of chilled
Chablis and the Irish rock night on BBC2 :-)

JohnB

Re: How to get iWork on High Sierra

<0001HW.27E573B6010DD96270000CB7F38F@news.supernews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7209&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#7209

Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2022 22:13:10 -0400
From: akwolf...@zoho.com (Wolffan)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
 by: Wolffan - Sat, 19 Mar 2022 02:13 UTC

On 2022 Mar 18, jbrennand wrote
(in article <t12vd9$hdo$1@dont-email.me>):

> In my thread below you can read that I have put a new SSD HD into my
> daughters 2012 MBP which is currently running High Sierra 10.13.6.
>
> She had an old MS Office on there which of course is now not working as
> it is wanting her to update to 365 which she is never going to do.
>
> I plan to move her to Libre Office because I believe you now have to pay
> for iWork.

no, you don’t. When Keynote first came out, Apple charged for it. Apple
also charged for Pages. iWork cost what Keynote had cost by itself... and
then it was free. It’s been free since 2013.
> I use it on my new MB Air and I like it but dont want to pay
> for her to use it as she does very little with it other than read/edit docs.

go to the Apple Store. iWork is available as individual downloads.

> However, I have just discovered my old iWork'08 family install disc
> (with Key). Before trying it out, do you think this will install and
> run Pages/Numbers/Keynote on her system ok ?

i suspect that it’s dead.
> Also, would it then allow
> a free "upgrade" through the Apple Store - or has that little loophole
> been closed down now?

it’s just free. it’s free on Macs, free on iOS, it even has a web app
version which works, sort of, on Windows, and for free.

> Thanks for any thoughts.
>
> JohnB

Re: How to get iWork on High Sierra

<t143or$e17$5@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7210&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#7210

From: rai...@greywall.demon.co.uk (Graeme Wall)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2022 08:20:43 +0000
 by: Graeme Wall - Sat, 19 Mar 2022 08:20 UTC

On 18/03/2022 22:36, David Kennedy wrote:
> On 18/03/2022 22:00, jbrennand wrote:
>> In my thread below you can read that I have put a new SSD HD into my
>> daughters 2012 MBP which is currently running High Sierra 10.13.6.
>>
>> She had an old MS Office on there which of course is now not working
>> as it is wanting her to update to 365 which she is never going to do.
>>
>> I plan to move her to Libre Office because I believe you now have to
>> pay for iWork.  I use it on my new MB Air and I like it but dont want
>> to pay for her to use it as she does very little with it other than
>> read/edit docs.
>>
>> However, I have just discovered my old iWork'08 family install disc
>> (with Key).  Before trying it out, do you think this will install and
>> run Pages/Numbers/Keynote on her system ok ?  Also, would it then
>> allow a free "upgrade" through the Apple Store - or has that little
>> loophole been closed down now?
>>
>> Thanks for any thoughts.
>>
>> JohnB
>
> I have a vague recollection of iWork being a chargeable upgrade in the
> dim and distant past but, AFAIK it's no longer the case.
> Pages is a free download - you can check on the app store - and I
> suspect that numbers is also.

It is, as is Keynote IIRC

--
Graeme Wall
This account not read.

Re: How to get iWork on High Sierra

<t143ql$e17$6@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7211&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#7211

From: rai...@greywall.demon.co.uk (Graeme Wall)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2022 08:21:41 +0000
 by: Graeme Wall - Sat, 19 Mar 2022 08:21 UTC

On 18/03/2022 22:52, jbrennand wrote:
> On 18/03/2022 22:36, David Kennedy wrote:
>> On 18/03/2022 22:00, jbrennand wrote:
>>> In my thread below you can read that I have put a new SSD HD into my
>>> daughters 2012 MBP which is currently running High Sierra 10.13.6.
>>>
>>> She had an old MS Office on there which of course is now not working
>>> as it is wanting her to update to 365 which she is never going to do.
>>>
>>> I plan to move her to Libre Office because I believe you now have to
>>> pay for iWork.  I use it on my new MB Air and I like it but dont want
>>> to pay for her to use it as she does very little with it other than
>>> read/edit docs.
>>>
>>> However, I have just discovered my old iWork'08 family install disc
>>> (with Key).  Before trying it out, do you think this will install and
>>> run Pages/Numbers/Keynote on her system ok ?  Also, would it then
>>> allow a free "upgrade" through the Apple Store - or has that little
>>> loophole been closed down now?
>>>
>>> Thanks for any thoughts.
>>>
>>> JohnB
>>
>> I have a vague recollection of iWork being a chargeable upgrade in the
>> dim and distant past but, AFAIK it's no longer the case.
>> Pages is a free download - you can check on the app store - and I
>> suspect that numbers is also.
>>
>> You should probably forget the iwork disc and start with the latest
>> versions the machine will take.
> Thanks David, good call.
>
> I will take a peek on the App store tomorrow when I fire her MBP up
> again.... I am taking a well deserved break now with a glass of chilled
> Chablis and the Irish rock night on BBC2 :-)

Does it have Ceilidh written all the way through?

--
Graeme Wall
This account not read.

Re: How to get iWork on High Sierra

<t14ahd$o4b$1@alanrichardbarker.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7216&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#7216

From: alanrich...@nospamgmail.com.here (Alan B)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2022 10:16:13 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Alan B - Sat, 19 Mar 2022 10:16 UTC

Graeme Wall <rail@greywall.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> On 18/03/2022 22:36, David Kennedy wrote:
>> On 18/03/2022 22:00, jbrennand wrote:
>>> In my thread below you can read that I have put a new SSD HD into my
>>> daughters 2012 MBP which is currently running High Sierra 10.13.6.
>>>
>>> She had an old MS Office on there which of course is now not working
>>> as it is wanting her to update to 365 which she is never going to do.
>>>
>>> I plan to move her to Libre Office because I believe you now have to
>>> pay for iWork.  I use it on my new MB Air and I like it but dont want
>>> to pay for her to use it as she does very little with it other than
>>> read/edit docs.
>>>
>>> However, I have just discovered my old iWork'08 family install disc
>>> (with Key).  Before trying it out, do you think this will install and
>>> run Pages/Numbers/Keynote on her system ok ?  Also, would it then
>>> allow a free "upgrade" through the Apple Store - or has that little
>>> loophole been closed down now?
>>>
>>> Thanks for any thoughts.
>>>
>>> JohnB
>>
>> I have a vague recollection of iWork being a chargeable upgrade in the
>> dim and distant past but, AFAIK it's no longer the case.
>> Pages is a free download - you can check on the app store - and I
>> suspect that numbers is also.
>
> It is, as is Keynote IIRC

Pages, Numbers and Keynote are all free on macOS, iOS and iPadOS and have
online capabilities via iCloud on a web browser.

--
Cheers, Alan

Re: How to get iWork on High Sierra

<t159bq$6dj$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7228&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#7228

From: brenn...@ntlworld.com (jbrennand)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2022 19:02:17 +0000
 by: jbrennand - Sat, 19 Mar 2022 19:02 UTC

On 18/03/2022 22:00, jbrennand wrote:
  Also, would it then allow
> a free "upgrade" through the Apple Store - or has that little loophole
> been closed down now?
>
> Thanks for any thoughts.
>
> JohnB

Thanks for all your input chaps. Good to know they are free on the App
store. As she wasnt here today and I dont have access to her App store
account, I just installed Libre Office. Have to say it looks a lot
better than it did when I tried it yonks ago.

It now opens all her Docs/xcl/ppt documents and they all seem to
read/edit fine.

Are there any gotcha's I need to be aware of ?

I will leave her to test it out and if she likes it then its job done.
If not I will point her in the direction of the App store.

Cheers JohnB

Re: How to get iWork on High Sierra

<uZadnUnxp6rX2av_nZ2dnUU7-aednZ2d@brightview.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7229&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#7229

Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
From: davidken...@gmail.com (David Kennedy)
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2022 20:59:53 +0000
 by: David Kennedy - Sat, 19 Mar 2022 20:59 UTC

On 19/03/2022 19:02, jbrennand wrote:
> On 18/03/2022 22:00, jbrennand wrote:
>   Also, would it then allow
>> a free "upgrade" through the Apple Store - or has that little loophole been
>> closed down now?
>>
>> Thanks for any thoughts.
>>
>> JohnB
>
> Thanks for all your input chaps.  Good to know they are free on the App
> store.  As she wasnt here today and I dont have access to her App store
> account, I just installed Libre Office.  Have to say it looks a lot better
> than it did when I tried it yonks ago.
>
> It now opens all her Docs/xcl/ppt documents and they all seem to read/edit fine.
>
> Are there any gotcha's I need to be aware of ?

Only that Pages will open most MS files and save in that format too.

> I will leave her to test it out and if she likes it then its job done. If not
> I will point her in the direction of the App store.
>
> Cheers JohnB

Re: How to get iWork on High Sierra

<t1qb6u$fb3$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7365&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#7365

From: brenn...@ntlworld.com (jbrennand)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2022 19:42:37 +0100
 by: jbrennand - Sun, 27 Mar 2022 18:42 UTC

On 19/03/2022 10:16, Alan B wrote:

> Pages, Numbers and Keynote are all free on macOS, iOS and iPadOS and have
> online capabilities via iCloud on a web browser.

If that's correct, how does she actually get them ?

She goes to the App store, finds them, tries to download and gets a no
go message something like.... "this is not compatible for your operating
system"... and it wont download.

She is still on High Sierra and has never had iWork on it - she was all
M$Office until being 365'd

Thoughts ?

JohnB

Re: How to get iWork on High Sierra

<t1qc1s$j4$1@alanrichardbarker.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7366&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#7366

From: alanrich...@nospamgmail.com.here (Alan B)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2022 18:57:00 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Alan B - Sun, 27 Mar 2022 18:57 UTC

jbrennand <brennand@ntlworld.com> wrote:
> On 19/03/2022 10:16, Alan B wrote:
>

>> Pages, Numbers and Keynote are all free on macOS, iOS and iPadOS and have
>> online capabilities via iCloud on a web browser.
>
> If that's correct, how does she actually get them ?
>
> She goes to the App store, finds them, tries to download and gets a no
> go message something like.... "this is not compatible for your operating
> system"... and it wont download.
>
> She is still on High Sierra and has never had iWork on it - she was all
> M$Office until being 365'd
>
> Thoughts ?

The versions in the App Store will be the latest versions which are no
longer compatible with High Sierra. You are not alone with this problem so
may be the online iCloud versions are the answer or a third party app such
as LibreOffice as mentioned before.

<https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250781090>

--
Cheers, Alan

Re: How to get iWork on High Sierra

<t1qcso$12gq$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7367&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#7367

From: captain....@gmail.com (Mark)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2022 20:11:20 +0100
 by: Mark - Sun, 27 Mar 2022 19:11 UTC

On 2022-03-27 18:57:00 +0000, Alan B
<alanrichardbarker@nospamgmail.com.here> said:

> jbrennand <brennand@ntlworld.com> wrote:
>> On 19/03/2022 10:16, Alan B wrote:
>>

>>> Pages, Numbers and Keynote are all free on macOS, iOS and iPadOS and have
>>> online capabilities via iCloud on a web browser.
>>
>> If that's correct, how does she actually get them ?
>>
>> She goes to the App store, finds them, tries to download and gets a no
>> go message something like.... "this is not compatible for your operating
>> system"... and it wont download.
>>
>> She is still on High Sierra and has never had iWork on it - she was all
>> M$Office until being 365'd
>>
>> Thoughts ?
>

> The versions in the App Store will be the latest versions which are no
> longer compatible with High Sierra. You are not alone with this problem so
> may be the online iCloud versions are the answer or a third party app such
> as LibreOffice as mentioned before.
>
> <https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250781090>

You could try this...
<https://www.cultofmac.com/306118/download-apples-iwork-apps-older-macs-free/>

Or

you can purchase the full iWork '09 DVD, but remember the '09 -> later
version issues: I forget the details, but an older (e.g '09) doc opened
in more recent Pages version saves it as that newer version, and can't
then be re-opened in '09. Or something like that...)

--
Cheers ... Mark

Re: How to get iWork on High Sierra

<t1qd8d$ool$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7368&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#7368

From: brenn...@ntlworld.com (jbrennand)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2022 20:17:32 +0100
 by: jbrennand - Sun, 27 Mar 2022 19:17 UTC

On 27/03/2022 19:57, Alan B wrote:
> jbrennand <brennand@ntlworld.com> wrote:
>> On 19/03/2022 10:16, Alan B wrote:
>>

>>> Pages, Numbers and Keynote are all free on macOS, iOS and iPadOS and have
>>> online capabilities via iCloud on a web browser.
>>
>> If that's correct, how does she actually get them ?
>>
>> She goes to the App store, finds them, tries to download and gets a no
>> go message something like.... "this is not compatible for your operating
>> system"... and it wont download.
>>
>> She is still on High Sierra and has never had iWork on it - she was all
>> M$Office until being 365'd
>>
>> Thoughts ?
>

> The versions in the App Store will be the latest versions which are no
> longer compatible with High Sierra. You are not alone with this problem so
> may be the online iCloud versions are the answer or a third party app such
> as LibreOffice as mentioned before.
>
> <https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250781090>

Thanks Alan. Yes a little googling has found many many disgruntled
Mac-users having the same issue all p'd off by finding that Apple in its
infinite wisdom seems to be actively precluding users of older
kit/software from accessing the Apple iWork software. A ruse to get
people to buy updated equipment is the consensus view. Steve... more
than ever.. wish you were still here with us :-(

Cheers John

Re: How to get iWork on High Sierra

<t1qdju$vm4$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7369&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#7369

From: brenn...@ntlworld.com (jbrennand)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2022 20:23:41 +0100
 by: jbrennand - Sun, 27 Mar 2022 19:23 UTC

On 27/03/2022 20:11, Mark wrote:
> On 2022-03-27 18:57:00 +0000, Alan B
> <alanrichardbarker@nospamgmail.com.here> said:
>
>> jbrennand <brennand@ntlworld.com> wrote:

>>> If that's correct, how does she actually get them ?
>>>
>>> She goes to the App store, finds them, tries to download and gets a no
>>> go message something like.... "this is not compatible for your operating
>>> system"... and it wont download.
>>>
>>> She is still on High Sierra and has never had iWork on it - she was all
>>> M$Office until being 365'd
>>>
>>> Thoughts ?
>>

>> The versions in the App Store will be the latest versions which are no
>> longer compatible with High Sierra. You are not alone with this
>> problem so
>> may be the online iCloud versions are the answer or a third party app
>> such
>> as LibreOffice as mentioned before.
>>
>> <https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250781090>
>
> You could try this...
> <https://www.cultofmac.com/306118/download-apples-iwork-apps-older-macs-free/>
>

> Or
> you can purchase the full iWork '09 DVD, but remember the '09 -> later
> version issues: I forget the details, but an older (e.g '09) doc opened
> in more recent Pages version saves it as that newer version, and can't
> then be re-opened in '09. Or something like that...)

Cheers Mark

I saw that link but didnt progress because of the security warning for
downloading it - but as I said in the first post I still have my old
iWork'08 family install disc (with Key)- I may give that a go when she
is next here with the MBP.

John

Re: How to get iWork on High Sierra

<t1qdni$vm4$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7370&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#7370

From: brenn...@ntlworld.com (jbrennand)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2022 20:25:38 +0100
 by: jbrennand - Sun, 27 Mar 2022 19:25 UTC

On 27/03/2022 20:11, Mark wrote:
> On 2022-03-27 18:57:00 +0000, Alan B

I forget the details, but an older (e.g '09) doc opened
> in more recent Pages version saves it as that newer version, and can't
> then be re-opened in '09. Or something like that...)

..... somehow that doesn't surprise me with Apple these days...

JohnB

Re: How to get iWork on High Sierra

<t1qefv$1p4l$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7371&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#7371

From: captain....@gmail.com (Mark)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2022 20:38:39 +0100
 by: Mark - Sun, 27 Mar 2022 19:38 UTC

On 2022-03-27 19:25:38 +0000, jbrennand <brennand@ntlworld.com> said:

> On 27/03/2022 20:11, Mark wrote:
>> On 2022-03-27 18:57:00 +0000, Alan B
>

> I forget the details, but an older (e.g '09) doc opened
>> in more recent Pages version saves it as that newer version, and can't
>> then be re-opened in '09. Or something like that...)
>
> .... somehow that doesn't surprise me with Apple these days...
>
> JohnB

Quite! I'm not 100% sure (you'd have to check) but yeah - some
incompatability between '09 & later versions (a shame as the later
versions of Pages aren't a patch on '09)
--
Cheers ... Mark

Re: How to get iWork on High Sierra

<t2cecj$ihh$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7465&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#7465

From: brenn...@ntlworld.com (jbrennand)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2022 16:27:14 +0100
 by: jbrennand - Sun, 3 Apr 2022 15:27 UTC

On 18/03/2022 22:00, jbrennand wrote:
> In my thread below you can read that I have put a new SSD HD into my
> daughters 2012 MBP which is currently running High Sierra 10.13.6.
>
> She had an old MS Office on there which of course is now not working as
> it is wanting her to update to 365 which she is never going to do.
>
> I plan to move her to Libre Office because I believe you now have to pay
> for iWork.  I use it on my new MB Air and I like it but dont want to pay
> for her to use it as she does very little with it other than read/edit
> docs.
>
> However, I have just discovered my old iWork'08 family install disc
> (with Key).  Before trying it out, do you think this will install and
> run Pages/Numbers/Keynote on her system ok ?  Also, would it then allow
> a free "upgrade" through the Apple Store - or has that little loophole
> been closed down now?
>
> Thanks for any thoughts.
>
> JohnB

Final update. Managed this ok this aft.... Twice :-) !

The iWork8 Disc installed fine I could update to the latest version of
that and it opened all the Office documents.

However, I also went to the App store and the latest versions were not
available from her account in "Purchased" items - however - our accounts
are linked and I could see them in my "Purchased" list from 2015. They
all downloaded and work fine on High Sierra.

Thanks for your inputs.

JohnB