Learning without thought is labor lost; thought without learning is perilous. -- Confucius

aus+uk / uk.rec.sheds / Re: A useful note of caution for Boris?

SubjectAuthor
* A useful note of caution for Boris?Sam Plusnet
+* A useful note of caution for Boris?Peter
|`- A useful note of caution for Boris?Nick Odell
`* A useful note of caution for Boris?Brian Gaff \(Sofa\)
 +- A useful note of caution for Boris?ChrisND@privacy.net
 `* A useful note of caution for Boris?Ahem A Rivet's Shot
  +- A useful note of caution for Boris?Richard Robinson
  `* A useful note of caution for Boris?Brian Gaff \(Sofa\)
   `- A useful note of caution for Boris?RustyHinge

1
A useful note of caution for Boris?

<wzDNJ.593910$hye7.214506@fx11.ams1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7485&group=uk.rec.sheds#7485

Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
From: not...@home.com (Sam Plusnet)
Subject: A useful note of caution for Boris?
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2022 00:54:52 +0000
 by: Sam Plusnet - Sat, 12 Feb 2022 00:54 UTC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVsrv5zftYE

A short description of what happened to a Dutch 'Prime Minister' when
the people became very unhappy with the way things were going.

--
Sam Plusnet

Re: A useful note of caution for Boris?

<XnsAE3C6D5AB7C73Factura3476@144.76.35.252>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7489&group=uk.rec.sheds#7489

From: mys...@prune.org.uk (Peter)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Subject: Re: A useful note of caution for Boris?
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2022 10:45:01 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Peter - Sat, 12 Feb 2022 10:45 UTC

Sam Plusnet <not@home.com> wrote in news:wzDNJ.593910$hye7.214506
@fx11.ams1:

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVsrv5zftYE
>
> A short description of what happened to a Dutch 'Prime Minister' when
> the people became very unhappy with the way things were going.

What fun! The narrator gabbles a bit though, don't he?

--
Peter
-----

Re: A useful note of caution for Boris?

<818f0hppel4p84vgei8a4svuiihbgargsv@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7493&group=uk.rec.sheds#7493

From: nic...@themusicworkshop.plus.com (Nick Odell)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2022 11:56:17 +0000
 by: Nick Odell - Sat, 12 Feb 2022 11:56 UTC

On Sat, 12 Feb 2022 10:45:01 -0000 (UTC), Peter <myshed@prune.org.uk>
wrote:

>Sam Plusnet <not@home.com> wrote in news:wzDNJ.593910$hye7.214506
>@fx11.ams1:
>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVsrv5zftYE
>>
>> A short description of what happened to a Dutch 'Prime Minister' when
>> the people became very unhappy with the way things were going.
>
>What fun! The narrator gabbles a bit though, don't he?

If he hadn't gabbled it would have been a long description.

Nick

Re: A useful note of caution for Boris?

<su8gjt$lg2$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7504&group=uk.rec.sheds#7504

From: bria...@blueyonder.co.uk (Brian Gaff \(Sofa\))
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2022 14:35:35 -0000
 by: Brian Gaff \(Sofa\) - Sat, 12 Feb 2022 14:35 UTC

However, a recent phone in on bbc in the south found that Boris is still
popular with mostly Women. People were saying things like, what is the point
in looking back over what cannot be changed, I think he does have some
allure to many, because is the sort of blagard type some ladies secretly
go for, at least in fantasies.

The fact are that he does not listen, even if he hears, He often gets the
wrong end of the stick and drops himself and others in it, He thinks that
most things when they go wrong are somebody elses fault, and maybe they
are,but as he is the final arbiter of the policy being signed off, he should
stand by his decisions. Sadly this trait is very common today, where I'm
sorry seems to actually be the hardest word. Nobody can be flawless,
affecter all, we are all human and you do not really go to politicians
university to learn about how to do it, if anyone has then the course seems
rubbish!

So I would suggest that there simply is nobody out there who is able to make
a non partisan decision on any topic at all, there are always going to be
those who follow party dogma as they truly believe its the best way, even
though sometimes its not.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk
Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Sam Plusnet" <not@home.com> wrote in message
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVsrv5zftYE
>
> A short description of what happened to a Dutch 'Prime Minister' when the
> people became very unhappy with the way things were going.
>
> --
> Sam Plusnet

Re: A useful note of caution for Boris?

<j6q5itF34fuU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7509&group=uk.rec.sheds#7509

From: chri...@privacy.net (ChrisND@privacy.net)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2022 16:29:16 +0000
 by: ChrisND@privacy.net - Sat, 12 Feb 2022 16:29 UTC

On 12/02/2022 14:35, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
> However, a recent phone in on bbc in the south found that Boris is still
> popular with mostly Women. People were saying things like, what is the point
> in looking back over what cannot be changed, I think he does have some
> allure to many, because is the sort of blagard type some ladies secretly
> go for, at least in fantasies.
>
> The fact are that he does not listen, even if he hears, He often gets the
> wrong end of the stick and drops himself and others in it, He thinks that
> most things when they go wrong are somebody elses fault, and maybe they
> are,but as he is the final arbiter of the policy being signed off, he should
> stand by his decisions. Sadly this trait is very common today, where I'm
> sorry seems to actually be the hardest word.

I am starting to translate "Lessons will be learned" as
"Shit happens, get over it..." :-/
That is not how it should be.

Chris

Re: A useful note of caution for Boris?

<20220212170708.8b86fe0df7c89f266851916a@eircom.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7512&group=uk.rec.sheds#7512

From: ste...@eircom.net (Ahem A Rivet's Shot)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2022 17:07:08 +0000
 by: Ahem A Rivet's - Sat, 12 Feb 2022 17:07 UTC

On Sat, 12 Feb 2022 14:35:35 -0000
"Brian Gaff \(Sofa\)" <briang1@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> However, a recent phone in on bbc in the south found that Boris is still
> popular with mostly Women. People were saying things like, what is the
> point in looking back over what cannot be changed, I think he does have
> some allure to many, because is the sort of blagard type some ladies
> secretly go for, at least in fantasies.

He is, despite all appearances, not an idiot AFAICT. He seems to be
very skilled at getting the people in the room with him to hear what they
want to hear even if it means that they leave the room with completely
incompatible views of what was said. The only trouble is that he doesn't
mean a word of it and it's all coming to roost - particularly the bit where
the DUP and EU left the room happy, both convinced that the essential border
would not be where they wouldn't accept it and somehow ignoring the detail
that there was nowhere left for it to be.

--
Steve O'Hara-Smith
Odds and Ends at http://www.sohara.org/

Re: A useful note of caution for Boris?

<3JidnbZ9k9ja8JX_nZ2dnUU7-c-dnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7520&group=uk.rec.sheds#7520

Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
From: richa...@privacy.net (Richard Robinson)
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2022 20:30:31 -0600
 by: Richard Robinson - Sun, 13 Feb 2022 02:30 UTC

Ahem A Rivet's Shot said:
> On Sat, 12 Feb 2022 14:35:35 -0000
> "Brian Gaff \(Sofa\)" <briang1@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> However, a recent phone in on bbc in the south found that Boris is still
>> popular with mostly Women. People were saying things like, what is the
>> point in looking back over what cannot be changed, I think he does have
>> some allure to many, because is the sort of blagard type some ladies
>> secretly go for, at least in fantasies.
>
> He is, despite all appearances, not an idiot AFAICT. He seems to be
> very skilled at getting the people in the room with him to hear what they
> want to hear even if it means that they leave the room with completely
> incompatible views of what was said. The only trouble is that he doesn't
> mean a word of it and it's all coming to roost - particularly the bit where
> the DUP and EU left the room happy, both convinced that the essential border
> would not be where they wouldn't accept it and somehow ignoring the detail
> that there was nowhere left for it to be.

But he sorted that out by explaining that he didn't intend to keep his
promises.

I suspect he can turn extremely nasty when crossed.

--
Richard Robinson

My email address is at http://qualmograph.org.uk/contact.html

Re: A useful note of caution for Boris?

<suao4o$ite$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7523&group=uk.rec.sheds#7523

From: bria...@blueyonder.co.uk (Brian Gaff \(Sofa\))
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2022 10:56:23 -0000
 by: Brian Gaff \(Sofa\) - Sun, 13 Feb 2022 10:56 UTC

I'm not so sure he is that bright. I just think his bluster is what causes
the effect. Take the elections bill being bounced between commons and Lords.
His cabinet office promised blind people a level playing field in accessible
secret voting but then he moved the responsibility half way along to the new
Levelling up dept. The message has been lost and loads of crap about photo
id and blind equality being funded by councils has crept into the bill
which have caused consternation, yet it was railroaded through the commons
as if it was yesterdays news, making us less likely to get a secret ballot
or any ballot at all if we have no passport or driving licence, I mean where
would a blind person get a driving license?
What about postal votes? Scan in you passport assumes you have a computer.

No next up is the Internet safely bill that wants to have back doors the
gov can use to spy on communications. Can you imagine if the incompetent lot
who left ram sticks on trains gets hole of our personal data?

"Ahem A Rivet's Shot" <steveo@eircom.net> wrote in message
> On Sat, 12 Feb 2022 14:35:35 -0000
> "Brian Gaff \(Sofa\)" <briang1@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> However, a recent phone in on bbc in the south found that Boris is still
>> popular with mostly Women. People were saying things like, what is the
>> point in looking back over what cannot be changed, I think he does have
>> some allure to many, because is the sort of blagard type some ladies
>> secretly go for, at least in fantasies.
>
> He is, despite all appearances, not an idiot AFAICT. He seems to be
> very skilled at getting the people in the room with him to hear what they
> want to hear even if it means that they leave the room with completely
> incompatible views of what was said. The only trouble is that he doesn't
> mean a word of it and it's all coming to roost - particularly the bit
> where
> the DUP and EU left the room happy, both convinced that the essential
> border
> would not be where they wouldn't accept it and somehow ignoring the detail
> that there was nowhere left for it to be.
>
> --
> Steve O'Hara-Smith
> Odds and Ends at http://www.sohara.org/

Re: A useful note of caution for Boris?

<sub2r3$mil$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7534&group=uk.rec.sheds#7534

From: rusty.hi...@foobar.girolle.co.uk (RustyHinge)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2022 13:58:58 +0000
 by: RustyHinge - Sun, 13 Feb 2022 13:58 UTC

On 13/02/2022 10:56, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:

> I'm not so sure he is that bright. I just think his bluster is what causes
> the effect. Take the elections bill being bounced between commons and Lords.
> His cabinet office promised blind people a level playing field in accessible
> secret voting but then he moved the responsibility half way along to the new
> Levelling up dept. The message has been lost and loads of crap about photo
> id and blind equality being funded by councils has crept into the bill
> which have caused consternation, yet it was railroaded through the commons
> as if it was yesterdays news, making us less likely to get a secret ballot
> or any ballot at all if we have no passport or driving licence, I mean where
> would a blind person get a driving license?
> What about postal votes? Scan in you passport assumes you have a computer.

And a scanner and a passport. I don't have a passport and since my eart
began playing silly ossd (dropouts) I haven't driven so never renewed
my licence.

> No next up is the Internet safely bill that wants to have back doors the
> gov can use to spy on communications. Can you imagine if the incompetent lot
> who left ram sticks on trains gets hole of our personal data?

Yes.

--
Rusty Hinge