From: vicky.ay...@gmail.com (Vicky)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: umrats might enjoy grans on TA
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2022 21:24:47 +0100
 by: Vicky - Fri, 15 Apr 2022 20:24 UTC

https://www.gransnet.com/forums/tv_radio_film_arts/1298875-The-Archers

Re: umrats might enjoy grans on TA

<sg7l5h95kom9nlk9b96ldrjv5tv5upjp54@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7528&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7528

From: nic...@themusicworkshop.plus.com (Nick Odell)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Re: umrats might enjoy grans on TA
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2022 11:54:17 +0100
 by: Nick Odell - Sat, 16 Apr 2022 10:54 UTC

On Fri, 15 Apr 2022 21:24:47 +0100, Vicky <vicky.ayech@gmail.com>
wrote:

>https://www.gransnet.com/forums/tv_radio_film_arts/1298875-The-Archers

I enjoyed that, thank you for posting it. I don't think it will
replace umra for me...

....which prompted me to ask myself why? The answer I came up with is
that I can't really relate to the other people there. It's nothing to
do with (most of?) them being grandmas rather than granddads because
I've always felt comfortable in predominately female situations but
more because I can't gauge the personalities behind the pseudonyms.
Would you say that's something that comes with regularly reading the
group rather than just dipping in?

Nick

Re: umrats might enjoy grans on TA

<84ul5hh8uejufec9davs1gbdbcpjl6ccau@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7532&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7532

From: vicky.ay...@gmail.com (Vicky)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2022 18:12:18 +0100
 by: Vicky - Sat, 16 Apr 2022 17:12 UTC

On Sat, 16 Apr 2022 11:54:17 +0100, Nick Odell
<nick@themusicworkshop.plus.com> wrote:

>On Fri, 15 Apr 2022 21:24:47 +0100, Vicky <vicky.ayech@gmail.com>
>wrote:
>
>>https://www.gransnet.com/forums/tv_radio_film_arts/1298875-The-Archers
>
>I enjoyed that, thank you for posting it. I don't think it will
>replace umra for me...
>
>...which prompted me to ask myself why? The answer I came up with is
>that I can't really relate to the other people there. It's nothing to
>do with (most of?) them being grandmas rather than granddads because
>I've always felt comfortable in predominately female situations but
>more because I can't gauge the personalities behind the pseudonyms.
>Would you say that's something that comes with regularly reading the
>group rather than just dipping in?
>
>Nick

Yes there are regular posters and they get to know each other. I don't
really know them and don't post enough to be known, I think. Many
threads are sad or rants or sad rants; national, world or family
stuff, or neighbour problems. Threads can be any subject.

Re: umrats might enjoy grans on TA

<sOIL0QnWpwWiFwnQ@a.a>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7537&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7537

From: G6J...@255soft.uk (J. P. Gilliver (John))
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2022 19:26:30 +0100
 by: J. P. Gilliver (John - Sat, 16 Apr 2022 18:26 UTC

On Sat, 16 Apr 2022 at 18:12:18, Vicky <vicky.ayech@gmail.com> wrote (my
>On Sat, 16 Apr 2022 11:54:17 +0100, Nick Odell
><nick@themusicworkshop.plus.com> wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 15 Apr 2022 21:24:47 +0100, Vicky <vicky.ayech@gmail.com>
>>wrote:
>>
>>>https://www.gransnet.com/forums/tv_radio_film_arts/1298875-The-Archers
>>
>>I enjoyed that, thank you for posting it. I don't think it will
>>replace umra for me...

I liked "reweeding".

>>...which prompted me to ask myself why? The answer I came up with is
>>that I can't really relate to the other people there. It's nothing to
>>do with (most of?) them being grandmas rather than granddads because
>>I've always felt comfortable in predominately female situations but
>>more because I can't gauge the personalities behind the pseudonyms.

(I just tried to join [I wanted to respond to some of the posts], but
would have to re-enable various things I normally have blocked to get
through the sign-up process.)

>>Would you say that's something that comes with regularly reading the
>>group rather than just dipping in?
>>
>>Nick
>

>Yes there are regular posters and they get to know each other. I don't

Yes, I have that with various newsgroups, and Twitter. (Twitter is
slightly different in that you select who you follow - which leads to
accusations of echo-chamber-ness, though I _hope_ I include a sufficient
variety not all of whom I agree with on everything. [I follow 67 and
have 277 followers.])

>really know them and don't post enough to be known, I think. Many
>threads are sad or rants or sad rants; national, world or family
>stuff, or neighbour problems. Threads can be any subject.

Just like UMRA then (-:

so that the vendors can "serve you better". As if you were a tennis ball, I
guess. - Wolf K, in alt.windows7.general, 2014-7-21