Misery loves company, but company does not reciprocate.

aus+uk / uk.media.radio.archers / Re: Vince's Offer

SubjectAuthor
* Vince’s OfferMike McMillan
+* _Vince’s_OfferJohn Ashby
|+* Vince’s OfferMike McMillan
||`* Vince’s OfferMike McMillan
|| `- Now a SPOILER Re: Vince’sMike McMillan
|`* Vince's OfferNick Odell
| +- Vince's OfferSam Plusnet
| `* Vince's OfferPenny
|  +* Vince's OfferMike McMillan
|  |`- Vince's OfferVicky
|  +- Vince's OfferVicky
|  `* Vince's OfferNick Odell
|   +* Vince's OfferJim Easterbrook
|   |`* Vince's Offerkrw
|   | `* Vince's OfferSam Plusnet
|   |  +* Vince's OfferSid Nuncius
|   |  |`- Vince's OfferMike McMillan
|   |  `- Vince's Offerkrw
|   `- Vince's OfferMike McMillan
+- Vince's OfferNick Odell
`* _Vince’s_Offerkrw
 `- Vince’s OfferMike McMillan

1
Vince’s Offer

<t396sn$ogi$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7497&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7497

From: toodle.p...@virginmedia.com (Mike McMillan)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Vince’s Offer
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2022 13:17:11 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:L4VjXZgw0jXW784G7tGuiFDJ2aE=
 by: Mike McMillan - Thu, 14 Apr 2022 13:17 UTC

If Deavid and Roof do decide to cave in to pressure and have the £40k solar
panel installation carried out - it will be interesting to see the
timescale for concept to commissioning. With everything in Ambridge having
a totally different concept of time to the real world, I daresay it will
take no more than a few weeks to have the whole project producing mazooma!

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan

Re: Vince’s Offer

<t39bod$tq0$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7499&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7499

From: johnashb...@yahoo.com (John Ashby)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Re:_Vince’s_Offer
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2022 15:40:13 +0100
 by: John Ashby - Thu, 14 Apr 2022 14:40 UTC

On 14/04/2022 14:17, Mike McMillan wrote:
> If Deavid and Roof do decide to cave in to pressure and have the £40k solar
> panel installation carried out - it will be interesting to see the
> timescale for concept to commissioning. With everything in Ambridge having
> a totally different concept of time to the real world, I daresay it will
> take no more than a few weeks to have the whole project producing mazooma!

Given the uncertainty around the government's energy "policy" they would
be wise to tread carefully and take as much advice as possible.

john

Re: Vince’s Offer

<t39da6$d24$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7500&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7500

From: toodle.p...@virginmedia.com (Mike McMillan)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2022 15:06:46 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:9UZQBwcnPJ9gTnyPl66phxFk3jQ=
 by: Mike McMillan - Thu, 14 Apr 2022 15:06 UTC

John Ashby <johnashby20@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On 14/04/2022 14:17, Mike McMillan wrote:
>> If Deavid and Roof do decide to cave in to pressure and have the £40k solar
>> panel installation carried out - it will be interesting to see the
>> timescale for concept to commissioning. With everything in Ambridge having
>> a totally different concept of time to the real world, I daresay it will
>> take no more than a few weeks to have the whole project producing mazooma!
>>

> Given the uncertainty around the government's energy "policy" they would
> be wise to tread carefully and take as much advice as possible.
>
> john

Only another 5 weeks and 6 days max. before the DNO are obliged to accept
or deny my G99 application (they generously allow themselves over 3 months
for making such decisions now). Meanwhile Mr. Sunak has told me I don’t
need to pay VAT on any part of the installation (yes, even the storage
element it seems); mine dew getting hold of a Tesla Powerwall is not so
easy, I understand that orders are being ‘fulfilled’ by Godot. Of course,
Deavid won’t have to face any such requirements….

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan

Re: Vince’s Offer

<t39eln$o1m$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7501&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7501

From: toodle.p...@virginmedia.com (Mike McMillan)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2022 15:29:59 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:nla1YjS5HbWq/ny0CYqdlLPSFzc=
 by: Mike McMillan - Thu, 14 Apr 2022 15:29 UTC

Mike McMillan <toodle.pip1@virginmedia.com> wrote:
> John Ashby <johnashby20@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> On 14/04/2022 14:17, Mike McMillan wrote:
>>> If Deavid and Roof do decide to cave in to pressure and have the £40k solar
>>> panel installation carried out - it will be interesting to see the
>>> timescale for concept to commissioning. With everything in Ambridge having
>>> a totally different concept of time to the real world, I daresay it will
>>> take no more than a few weeks to have the whole project producing mazooma!
>>>

>> Given the uncertainty around the government's energy "policy" they would
>> be wise to tread carefully and take as much advice as possible.
>>
>> john
>>

> Only another 5 weeks and 6 days max. before the DNO are obliged to accept
> or deny my G99 application (they generously allow themselves over 3 months
> for making such decisions now). Meanwhile Mr. Sunak has told me I don’t
> need to pay VAT on any part of the installation (yes, even the storage
> element it seems); mine dew getting hold of a Tesla Powerwall is not so
> easy, I understand that orders are being ‘fulfilled’ by Godot. Of course,
> Deavid won’t have to face any such requirements….

Oh yes! While I’m at it, maybe I should raise the subject of Heat Pumps
(Air Source Heat Pump in our case) for the scriptwriters to consider; it
seems to me that Ambridge must be ripe for a few installations where with
ground source installations, the Grundies could excavate fields to bury
coils of pipework 2 metres or so deep. Does Ambridge have any plumbers?
Jason is probably retired these days - and of course there is a good
storyline in a scam or two and cowboy installers versus the MCS registered
installers. How does Gay Grables derive the heating for the vast number of
bedrooms, dining room and function rooms? Freddy might think it is time for
Lower Loxley to go sustainable; there you are SW’s you can have those
storylines for gratis - you’re welcome!

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan

Now a SPOILER Re: Vince’s Offer

<t39ois$7v5$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7502&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7502

From: toodle.p...@virginmedia.com (Mike McMillan)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Now a SPOILER Re: Vince’s
Offer
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2022 18:19:08 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:eP2FBBFjHGkOIrIWuGidfxZHqY4=
 by: Mike McMillan - Thu, 14 Apr 2022 18:19 UTC

Mike McMillan <toodle.pip1@virginmedia.com> wrote:
> Mike McMillan <toodle.pip1@virginmedia.com> wrote:
>> John Ashby <johnashby20@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>>>

>>> Given the uncertainty around the government's energy "policy" they would
>>> be wise to tread carefully and take as much advice as possible.
>>>
>>> john
>>>

>> Only another 5 weeks and 6 days max. before the DNO are obliged to accept
>> or deny my G99 application (they generously allow themselves over 3 months
>> for making such decisions now). Meanwhile Mr. Sunak has told me I don’t
>> need to pay VAT on any part of the installation (yes, even the storage
>> element it seems); mine dew getting hold of a Tesla Powerwall is not so
>> easy, I understand that orders are being ‘fulfilled’ by Godot. Of course,
>> Deavid won’t have to face any such requirements….
>>

> Oh yes! While I’m at it, maybe I should raise the subject of Heat Pumps
> (Air Source Heat Pump in our case) for the scriptwriters to consider; it
> seems to me that Ambridge must be ripe for a few installations where with
> ground source installations, the Grundies could excavate fields to bury
> coils of pipework 2 metres or so deep. Does Ambridge have any plumbers?
> Jason is probably retired these days - and of course there is a good
> storyline in a scam or two and cowboy installers versus the MCS registered
> installers. How does Gay Grables derive the heating for the vast number of
> bedrooms, dining room and function rooms? Freddy might think it is time for
> Lower Loxley to go sustainable; there you are SW’s you can have those
> storylines for gratis - you’re welcome!

OK, now let’s see how long it takes for the VinceVenture to start
generating!

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan

Re: Vince's Offer

<s01h5htijla1ma4opnfpa12ion3jqv7tlr@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7504&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7504

From: nic...@themusicworkshop.plus.com (Nick Odell)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2022 21:29:56 +0100
 by: Nick Odell - Thu, 14 Apr 2022 20:29 UTC

On Thu, 14 Apr 2022 13:17:11 -0000 (UTC), Mike McMillan
<toodle.pip1@virginmedia.com> wrote:

>If Deavid and Roof do decide to cave in to pressure and have the £40k solar
>panel installation carried out - it will be interesting to see the
>timescale for concept to commissioning. With everything in Ambridge having
>a totally different concept of time to the real world, I daresay it will
>take no more than a few weeks to have the whole project producing mazooma!

To be fair to The Archers, they seem to have consulted reliably on
other matters before. Most pregnancies last about nine months, most
lambs are born in the spring, most crops harvested in the autumn, most
university courses last about three years etc etc. I imagine the rules
for development of generating facilities on farmland could be quite
different from those about making electricity in suburbia and it
wouldn't surprise me to find both are well known in TA consultancy
circles and that the consultants will show us that they know how both
these things work.

Nick

Re: Vince's Offer

<941h5ht4f1fbq3sqp4f37aktggah27ek0i@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7505&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7505

From: nic...@themusicworkshop.plus.com (Nick Odell)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2022 21:33:48 +0100
 by: Nick Odell - Thu, 14 Apr 2022 20:33 UTC

On Thu, 14 Apr 2022 15:40:13 +0100, John Ashby <johnashby20@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>On 14/04/2022 14:17, Mike McMillan wrote:
>> If Deavid and Roof do decide to cave in to pressure and have the £40k solar
>> panel installation carried out - it will be interesting to see the
>> timescale for concept to commissioning. With everything in Ambridge having
>> a totally different concept of time to the real world, I daresay it will
>> take no more than a few weeks to have the whole project producing mazooma!
>>

>Given the uncertainty around the government's energy "policy" they would
>be wise to tread carefully and take as much advice as possible.

Also, too, as well, do we think Vince has been around long enough to
establish a track record that warrants handing over to him or his
mates the sum of £40,000?

Nick

Re: Vince's Offer

<nM%5K.219277$Xa1.164928@fx10.ams1>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7506&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7506

Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
From: not...@home.com (Sam Plusnet)
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2022 21:48:19 +0100
 by: Sam Plusnet - Thu, 14 Apr 2022 20:48 UTC

On 14-Apr-22 21:33, Nick Odell wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Apr 2022 15:40:13 +0100, John Ashby <johnashby20@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 14/04/2022 14:17, Mike McMillan wrote:
>>> If Deavid and Roof do decide to cave in to pressure and have the £40k solar
>>> panel installation carried out - it will be interesting to see the
>>> timescale for concept to commissioning. With everything in Ambridge having
>>> a totally different concept of time to the real world, I daresay it will
>>> take no more than a few weeks to have the whole project producing mazooma!
>>>

>> Given the uncertainty around the government's energy "policy" they would
>> be wise to tread carefully and take as much advice as possible.
>>
> Also, too, as well, do we think Vince has been around long enough to
> establish a track record that warrants handing over to him or his
> mates the sum of £40,000?

Those who appear in TA must be familiar with the idea of
"Stage Payments".

--
Sam Plusnet

Re: Vince's Offer

<td6h5h5peitetl922m8ts5d6altror13mb@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7507&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7507

From: spa...@labyrinth.freeuk.com (Penny)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2022 23:03:57 +0100
 by: Penny - Thu, 14 Apr 2022 22:03 UTC

On Thu, 14 Apr 2022 21:33:48 +0100, Nick Odell
<nick@themusicworkshop.plus.com> scrawled in the dust...

>On Thu, 14 Apr 2022 15:40:13 +0100, John Ashby <johnashby20@yahoo.com>
>wrote:
>
>>On 14/04/2022 14:17, Mike McMillan wrote:
>>> If Deavid and Roof do decide to cave in to pressure and have the £40k solar
>>> panel installation carried out - it will be interesting to see the
>>> timescale for concept to commissioning. With everything in Ambridge having
>>> a totally different concept of time to the real world, I daresay it will
>>> take no more than a few weeks to have the whole project producing mazooma!
>>>

>>Given the uncertainty around the government's energy "policy" they would
>>be wise to tread carefully and take as much advice as possible.
>>
>Also, too, as well, do we think Vince has been around long enough to
>establish a track record that warrants handing over to him or his
>mates the sum of £40,000?

Um, I think you have that backwards, Vince is handing out the funds, not
grabbing them. I did vaguely wonder about money laundering, but just
because he sounds a bit like Mat Crawford, doesn't mean he is.
--
Penny
Annoyed by The Archers since 1959

Re: Vince's Offer

<t3b71q$991$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7509&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7509

From: toodle.p...@virginmedia.com (Mike McMillan)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2022 07:32:10 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:SXxMbypHVGU5tI+G9GJ2OW2r0v0=
 by: Mike McMillan - Fri, 15 Apr 2022 07:32 UTC

Penny <spam@labyrinth.freeuk.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Apr 2022 21:33:48 +0100, Nick Odell
> <nick@themusicworkshop.plus.com> scrawled in the dust...
>
>> On Thu, 14 Apr 2022 15:40:13 +0100, John Ashby <johnashby20@yahoo.com>
>> wrote:

>>> Given the uncertainty around the government's energy "policy" they would
>>> be wise to tread carefully and take as much advice as possible.
>>>
>> Also, too, as well, do we think Vince has been around long enough to
>> establish a track record that warrants handing over to him or his
>> mates the sum of £40,000?
>
> Um, I think you have that backwards, Vince is handing out the funds, not
> grabbing them. I did vaguely wonder about money laundering, but just
> because he sounds a bit like Mat Crawford, doesn't mean he is.

I think we are to believe that he is genuine and that he has made money
‘honestly’ through abatoirial means and perhaps shrewd investments.

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan

Re: Vince's Offer

<r8ci5hhi9gcrkr1rokgdovbldlqbksob0g@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7510&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7510

From: vicky.ay...@gmail.com (Vicky)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2022 09:47:56 +0100
 by: Vicky - Fri, 15 Apr 2022 08:47 UTC

On Fri, 15 Apr 2022 07:32:10 -0000 (UTC), Mike McMillan
<toodle.pip1@virginmedia.com> wrote:

>Penny <spam@labyrinth.freeuk.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, 14 Apr 2022 21:33:48 +0100, Nick Odell
>> <nick@themusicworkshop.plus.com> scrawled in the dust...

>>> Also, too, as well, do we think Vince has been around long enough to
>>> establish a track record that warrants handing over to him or his
>>> mates the sum of £40,000?
>>
>> Um, I think you have that backwards, Vince is handing out the funds, not
>> grabbing them. I did vaguely wonder about money laundering, but just
>> because he sounds a bit like Mat Crawford, doesn't mean he is.
>
>I think we are to believe that he is genuine and that he has made money
>‘honestly’ through abatoirial means and perhaps shrewd investments.

Maybe he is set to be the new Jack, at LL rather than GG.

Re: Vince's Offer

<ioci5h5ked2k12jd88f5pmc35h4bfslbie@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7512&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7512

From: vicky.ay...@gmail.com (Vicky)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2022 09:56:05 +0100
 by: Vicky - Fri, 15 Apr 2022 08:56 UTC

On Thu, 14 Apr 2022 23:03:57 +0100, Penny <spam@labyrinth.freeuk.com>
wrote:

>On Thu, 14 Apr 2022 21:33:48 +0100, Nick Odell
><nick@themusicworkshop.plus.com> scrawled in the dust...
>
>>On Thu, 14 Apr 2022 15:40:13 +0100, John Ashby <johnashby20@yahoo.com>
>>wrote:

>>>Given the uncertainty around the government's energy "policy" they would
>>>be wise to tread carefully and take as much advice as possible.
>>>
>>Also, too, as well, do we think Vince has been around long enough to
>>establish a track record that warrants handing over to him or his
>>mates the sum of £40,000?
>
>Um, I think you have that backwards, Vince is handing out the funds, not
>grabbing them. I did vaguely wonder about money laundering, but just
>because he sounds a bit like Mat Crawford, doesn't mean he is.

The episode was a bit too sugary for me.

Re: Vince’s Offer

<t3bc28$1i7m$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7513&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7513

From: krw...@whitnet.uk (krw)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2022 09:57:47 +0100
 by: krw - Fri, 15 Apr 2022 08:57 UTC

On 14.4.22 14:17, Mike McMillan wrote:
> If Deavid and Roof do decide to cave in to pressure and have the £40k solar
> panel installation carried out - it will be interesting to see the
> timescale for concept to commissioning. With everything in Ambridge having
> a totally different concept of time to the real world, I daresay it will
> take no more than a few weeks to have the whole project producing mazooma!

Isn't there a local builder - Moss or some such - that can drop them in
quickly at low cost?

--
Kosmo Richard W
www.travelswmw.whitnet.uk

Re: Vince’s Offer

<t3bccl$chn$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7514&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7514

From: toodle.p...@virginmedia.com (Mike McMillan)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2022 09:03:17 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:2Eujmksxamm/QHPy5UINoW4j+r8=
 by: Mike McMillan - Fri, 15 Apr 2022 09:03 UTC

krw <krw@whitnet.uk> wrote:
> On 14.4.22 14:17, Mike McMillan wrote:
>> If Deavid and Roof do decide to cave in to pressure and have the £40k solar
>> panel installation carried out - it will be interesting to see the
>> timescale for concept to commissioning. With everything in Ambridge having
>> a totally different concept of time to the real world, I daresay it will
>> take no more than a few weeks to have the whole project producing mazooma!
>>

> Isn't there a local builder - Moss or some such - that can drop them in
> quickly at low cost?

Oh yes, he doesn’t use motorised diggers does he? He using horses instead.

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan

Re: Vince's Offer

<0bei5htr4temon58ehomrjcrjvvgkt7916@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7515&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7515

From: nic...@themusicworkshop.plus.com (Nick Odell)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2022 10:26:23 +0100
 by: Nick Odell - Fri, 15 Apr 2022 09:26 UTC

wrote:

>On Thu, 14 Apr 2022 21:33:48 +0100, Nick Odell
><nick@themusicworkshop.plus.com> scrawled in the dust...
>
>>On Thu, 14 Apr 2022 15:40:13 +0100, John Ashby <johnashby20@yahoo.com>
>>wrote:

>>>Given the uncertainty around the government's energy "policy" they would
>>>be wise to tread carefully and take as much advice as possible.
>>>
>>Also, too, as well, do we think Vince has been around long enough to
>>establish a track record that warrants handing over to him or his
>>mates the sum of £40,000?
>
>Um, I think you have that backwards, Vince is handing out the funds, not
>grabbing them. I did vaguely wonder about money laundering, but just
>because he sounds a bit like Mat Crawford, doesn't mean he is.

I could well have misunderstood. Won't they have to pay the money
back? My disquiet is about being in hock to (what I consider to be) a
relatively unknown person as a creditor.

Nick

Re: Vince's Offer

<jbssegF23v1U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7516&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7516

From: new...@jim-easterbrook.me.uk (Jim Easterbrook)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: 15 Apr 2022 09:33:04 GMT
 by: Jim Easterbrook - Fri, 15 Apr 2022 09:33 UTC

On Fri, 15 Apr 2022 10:26:23 +0100, Nick Odell wrote:

> I could well have misunderstood. Won't they have to pay the money back?
> My disquiet is about being in hock to (what I consider to be) a
> relatively unknown person as a creditor.

That's my understanding, and I share your disquiet. David & Ruth have
already borrowed from a bank, IIRC, so taking on more debt might be
something the bank wants to know about. Alternatively, if the solar
panels are such a good investment, the bank might want to lend them the
money itself.
--
Jim <http://www.jim-easterbrook.me.uk/>

Re: Vince's Offer

<t3bfsp$1g4t$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7517&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7517

From: krw...@whitnet.uk (krw)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2022 11:03:07 +0100
 by: krw - Fri, 15 Apr 2022 10:03 UTC

On 15.4.22 10:33, Jim Easterbrook wrote:
> David & Ruth have
> already borrowed from a bank, IIRC, so taking on more debt might be
> something the bank wants to know about.

If there is an existing debt (unlikely as David has found it easy to
lend money to Jolene and Kenton at the drop of a hat in the past) then
the bank has a legal right to know. Brookfield is a company with a
share structure and so if it is borrowing money then existing loan
agreements will contain a clause that all other borrowings are notified.

--
Kosmo Richard W
www.travelswmw.whitnet.uk

Re: Vince's Offer

<t3bgf0$9k9$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7518&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7518

From: toodle.p...@virginmedia.com (Mike McMillan)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2022 10:12:48 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:lqljTU+rC3jiPCAYq+BjmKSOJHE=
 by: Mike McMillan - Fri, 15 Apr 2022 10:12 UTC

Nick Odell <nick@themusicworkshop.plus.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Apr 2022 23:03:57 +0100, Penny <spam@labyrinth.freeuk.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 14 Apr 2022 21:33:48 +0100, Nick Odell
>> <nick@themusicworkshop.plus.com> scrawled in the dust...

>>> Also, too, as well, do we think Vince has been around long enough to
>>> establish a track record that warrants handing over to him or his
>>> mates the sum of £40,000?
>>
>> Um, I think you have that backwards, Vince is handing out the funds, not
>> grabbing them. I did vaguely wonder about money laundering, but just
>> because he sounds a bit like Mat Crawford, doesn't mean he is.
>
> I could well have misunderstood. Won't they have to pay the money
> back? My disquiet is about being in hock to (what I consider to be) a
> relatively unknown person as a creditor.
>
> Nick

Vince had said to Deavid that he could pay him back out of the proceeds
from selling some of the energy back to the grid.
Now a few ‘on the back of an envelops workings:

100 -120 PV panels without any other expenses at all would allow just over
£333 per panel - so they aren’t going to be the highest efficiency panels
(circa 22%) more likely mid-price, mid-performance panels giving perhaps
300 - 325 Wp. The installation costs (never mind any storage battery, which
they may not want in such an installation but, any early morning electrical
activity or evening activity would still require using the grid as storage
is not cheap anyway!) might amount to say £5,000 at least and then there is
all the inverter circuitry - which must be another few thousands of pounds.
I’d say that leaves a maximum of £33,000 for all the panels (I’m assuming
the DNO would be happy with their existing 3 phase supply and all the
wiring was able to take the additional peak current during export times,
thus no expenditure on the grid connection.

Let us say that there are just 100 panels then; these could fall within the
remaining budget and possibly provide a 32.5 kWp array. Assuming (being
generous) that they have 4.5 sun hours per day and no shadowing on any of
the panels at all. This would (during the brighter months anyway) yield
approx. 130 kWh per day. Assuming the farm use 50% of this ‘in-house’, they
might export some 65kWh per day (less during Nov. to March roughly
speaking) - anyone know the agricultural export tariff for exported energy?
I doubt it would be as much as 10pence per kWh but even that might only
provide £6.50p. per day at best - err… what would be the average cost to
service a £40,000 loan over 25 years (average life for such an array) I
don’t think Vince will see a very good ROI on this plan.

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan

Re: Vince's Offer

<HQj6K.188210$yi_7.31494@fx39.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7522&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7522

Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
From: not...@home.com (Sam Plusnet)
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2022 20:38:15 +0100
 by: Sam Plusnet - Fri, 15 Apr 2022 19:38 UTC

On 15-Apr-22 11:03, krw wrote:
> On 15.4.22 10:33, Jim Easterbrook wrote:
>>   David & Ruth have
>> already borrowed from a bank, IIRC, so taking on more debt might be
>> something the bank wants to know about.
>
> If there is an existing debt (unlikely as David has found it easy to
> lend money to Jolene and Kenton at the drop of a hat in the past) then
> the bank has a legal right to know.  Brookfield is a company with a
> agreements will contain a clause that all other borrowings are notified.

Since Ambridge is twinned with Brigadoon, the usual laws and rules do
not apply.

--
Sam Plusnet

Re: Vince's Offer

<jbvctmFj9m3U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7526&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7526

From: nunc...@hotmail.co.uk (Sid Nuncius)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2022 09:26:28 +0100
 by: Sid Nuncius - Sat, 16 Apr 2022 08:26 UTC

On 15/04/2022 20:38, Sam Plusnet wrote:

> Since Ambridge is twinned with Brigadoon, the usual laws and rules do
> not apply.

Which, for absolutely no good reason other than that it makes me laugh,
prompts me to repeat that immortal Linda Smith line:

"I come from a place called Erith in Kent. It's not twinned with
anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham."

I still miss her.
--
Sid

Re: Vince's Offer

<t3e3ub$geb$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7527&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7527

From: toodle.p...@virginmedia.com (Mike McMillan)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2022 09:57:31 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:6m75zCbskAwRcn7o0rm3RW2Atnw=
 by: Mike McMillan - Sat, 16 Apr 2022 09:57 UTC

Sid Nuncius <nuncius@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
> On 15/04/2022 20:38, Sam Plusnet wrote:
>
>> Since Ambridge is twinned with Brigadoon, the usual laws and rules do
>> not apply.
>
> Which, for absolutely no good reason other than that it makes me laugh,
> prompts me to repeat that immortal Linda Smith line:
>
> "I come from a place called Erith in Kent. It's not twinned with
> anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham."
>
> I still miss her.
> --
> Sid
> (Make sure Matron is away when you reply)

Yes, indeed, one of the best! Her style was unique!

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan

Re: Vince's Offer

<t3gugv$ecd$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7548&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7548

From: krw...@whitnet.uk (krw)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2022 12:43:38 +0100
 by: krw - Sun, 17 Apr 2022 11:43 UTC

On 15.4.22 20:38, Sam Plusnet wrote:
> On 15-Apr-22 11:03, krw wrote:
>> On 15.4.22 10:33, Jim Easterbrook wrote:
>>>   David & Ruth have
>>> already borrowed from a bank, IIRC, so taking on more debt might be
>>> something the bank wants to know about.
>>
>> If there is an existing debt (unlikely as David has found it easy to
>> lend money to Jolene and Kenton at the drop of a hat in the past) then
>> the bank has a legal right to know.  Brookfield is a company with a
>> agreements will contain a clause that all other borrowings are notified.
>>
> Since Ambridge is twinned with Brigadoon, the usual laws and rules do
> not apply.

I wonder if it would be better if twinned with Bridgerton?

--
Kosmo Richard W
www.travelswmw.whitnet.uk