If you go out of your mind, do it quietly, so as not to disturb those around you.

aus+uk / aus.legal / Re: fatal gas mix up

SubjectAuthor
* fatal gas mix upMax
+- Re: fatal gas mix upRod Speed
`* Re: fatal gas mix upSylvia Else
 +* Re: fatal gas mix upPhil Allison
 |`* Re: fatal gas mix upMax
 | `* Re: fatal gas mix upRod Speed
 |  `* Re: fatal gas mix upMax
 |   `- Re: fatal gas mix upRod Speed
 +- Re: fatal gas mix upRod Speed
 `* Re: fatal gas mix upMax
  `* Re: fatal gas mix upRod Speed
   `* Re: fatal gas mix upMax
    `* Re: fatal gas mix upRod Speed
     `- Re: fatal gas mix upjaouad zarrabi

1
fatal gas mix up

<tdvn7c$vei$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7104&group=aus.legal#7104

From: max...@val.morgan (Max)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Subject: fatal gas mix up
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2022 20:53:29 +1000
 by: Max - Mon, 22 Aug 2022 10:53 UTC

https://www.9news.com.au/national/bankstown-lidcombe-hospital-baby-death-contractor-charged-with-manslaughter/37b60a79-001f-45c8-be11-62c84c238c13

A gasfitter has been charged with manslaughter by criminal negligence.

A baby was killed after being given nitrous oxide from a gas port
labelled 'oxygen' at a hospital.

------------

While this is a tragic death, the manslaughter charge seems too severe.

Manslaughter requires the offender to have some idea that what he is
doing might lead to a death.

It's arguable that a gasfitter does not have the knowledge that making a
negligent mistake about the gasfitting would actually bring about the
death of a person.

Re: fatal gas mix up

<op.1rau2fejbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7106&group=aus.legal#7106

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Subject: Re: fatal gas mix up
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2022 21:19:17 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Mon, 22 Aug 2022 11:19 UTC

Max <max@val.morgan> wrote

> https://www.9news.com.au/national/bankstown-lidcombe-hospital-baby-death-contractor-charged-with-manslaughter/37b60a79-001f-45c8-be11-62c84c238c13

> A gasfitter has been charged with manslaughter by criminal negligence.

> A baby was killed after being given nitrous oxide from a gas port
> labelled 'oxygen' at a hospital.

> ------------

> While this is a tragic death, the manslaughter charge seems too severe.

Only to a fool like you.

> Manslaughter requires the offender to have some idea that what he is
> doing might lead to a death.

You are wrong, as always.

> It's arguable that a gasfitter does not have the knowledge that making a
> negligent mistake about the gasfitting would actually bring about the
> death of a person.

More of your mindless bullshit with medical gases in a hospital.

Re: fatal gas mix up

<jmnuscF3vkuU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7118&group=aus.legal#7118

From: syl...@email.invalid (Sylvia Else)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2022 10:42:50 +1000
 by: Sylvia Else - Thu, 25 Aug 2022 00:42 UTC

On 22-Aug-22 8:53 pm, Max wrote:
> https://www.9news.com.au/national/bankstown-lidcombe-hospital-baby-death-contractor-charged-with-manslaughter/37b60a79-001f-45c8-be11-62c84c238c13
>

> A gasfitter has been charged with manslaughter by criminal negligence.
>
> A baby was killed after being given nitrous oxide from a gas port
> labelled 'oxygen' at a hospital.
>
> ------------
>
> While this is a tragic death, the manslaughter charge seems too severe.
>
> Manslaughter requires the offender to have some idea that what he is
> doing might lead to a death.
>
> It's arguable that a gasfitter does not have the knowledge that making a
> negligent mistake about the gasfitting would actually bring about the
> death of a person.

It only requires criminal negligence.

However, it does rather raise the question of where was the inspector
who should check that the work was done correctly. And where was the
manager who ensured that there was an inspector, and that the inspector
did the inspection.

Just blaming the guys at the sharp end when they make mistakes is
something the French are good at. We should do better.

Sylvia.

Re: fatal gas mix up

<70723db3-8f5e-4754-b5be-900f96ee1bden@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7119&group=aus.legal#7119

Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2022 18:57:14 -0700 (PDT)
From: palliso...@gmail.com (Phil Allison)
 by: Phil Allison - Thu, 25 Aug 2022 01:57 UTC

Sylvia Else wrote:

> Max the Wog IDIOT wrote:
> >
> > It's arguable that a gasfitter does not have the knowledge that making a
> > negligent mistake about the gasfitting would actually bring about the
> > death of a person.

** Absurd crap.

> It only requires criminal negligence.

** Which requires awareness of the possibility of serious harm or death.

> .. it does rather raise the question of where was the inspector
> who should check that the work was done correctly.

** The accused WAS the inspector as well.
Seems he signed off on final testing without actually doing it.
That IS criminal.

> And where was the
> manager who ensured that there was an inspector, and that the inspector
> did the inspection.

** Not required.
Been a very long time since ( most) plumbing and electrical installations were independently inspected by anyone.
All part of the opportunistic drive to so called " self regulation " = no regulation.

...... Phil

Re: fatal gas mix up

<op.1rfsmf0pbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7120&group=aus.legal#7120

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2022 13:14:29 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Thu, 25 Aug 2022 03:14 UTC

Sylvia Else <sylvia@email.invalid> wrote
> Max wrote

>> https://www.9news.com.au/national/bankstown-lidcombe-hospital-baby-death-contractor-charged-with-manslaughter/37b60a79-001f-45c8-be11-62c84c238c13
>> A gasfitter has been charged with manslaughter by criminal negligence.
>> A baby was killed after being given nitrous oxide from a gas port
>> labelled 'oxygen' at a hospital.
>> ------------
>> While this is a tragic death, the manslaughter charge seems too severe.
>> Manslaughter requires the offender to have some idea that what he is
>> doing might lead to a death.

>> It's arguable that a gasfitter does not have the knowledge that making
>> a negligent mistake about the gasfitting would actually bring about the
>> death of a person.

> It only requires criminal negligence.

> However, it does rather raise the question of where was the inspector
> who should check that the work was done correctly.

There is no legal requirement that there is an inspector.

> And where was the manager who ensured that there was an inspector, and
> that the inspector did the inspection.

Ditto.

> Just blaming the guys at the sharp end when they make mistakes is
> something the French are good at. We should do better.

We aren't actually stupid enough to have inspectors in that situation.

Re: fatal gas mix up

<te7ji4$102u$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7121&group=aus.legal#7121

From: max...@val.morgan (Max)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2022 20:40:01 +1000
 by: Max - Thu, 25 Aug 2022 10:40 UTC

On 25/08/2022 10:42 am, Sylvia Else wrote:
> On 22-Aug-22 8:53 pm, Max wrote:
>> https://www.9news.com.au/national/bankstown-lidcombe-hospital-baby-death-contractor-charged-with-manslaughter/37b60a79-001f-45c8-be11-62c84c238c13
>>

>> A gasfitter has been charged with manslaughter by criminal negligence.
>>
>> A baby was killed after being given nitrous oxide from a gas port
>> labelled 'oxygen' at a hospital.
>>
>> ------------
>>
>> While this is a tragic death, the manslaughter charge seems too severe.
>>
>> Manslaughter requires the offender to have some idea that what he is
>> doing might lead to a death.
>>
>> It's arguable that a gasfitter does not have the knowledge that making
>> a negligent mistake about the gasfitting would actually bring about
>> the death of a person.
>>

> It only requires criminal negligence.

Negligence in this context means that a reasonable person could forsee a
possible death caused by the actions taken.

It is arguable that a reasonable gasfitter could not forsee a death
resulting from a switch of the gas ports.

If it were a scientist, or doctor, then it might be different.

> However, it does rather raise the question of where was the inspector
> who should check that the work was done correctly. And where was the
> manager who ensured that there was an inspector, and that the inspector
> did the inspection.
>
> Just blaming the guys at the sharp end when they make mistakes is
> something the French are good at. We should do better.
>
> Sylvia.

Re: fatal gas mix up

<te7jur$15lg$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7122&group=aus.legal#7122

From: max...@val.morgan (Max)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2022 20:46:48 +1000
 by: Max - Thu, 25 Aug 2022 10:46 UTC

On 25/08/2022 11:57 am, Phil Allison wrote:
> Sylvia Else wrote:
>
>> Max the Wog IDIOT wrote:
>>>
>>> It's arguable that a gasfitter does not have the knowledge that making a
>>> negligent mistake about the gasfitting would actually bring about the
>>> death of a person.
>
> ** Absurd crap.

Let me tell you something buddy. A typical gasfitter is someone like you:

Totally devoid of the ability to make reasonable judgements about
scientific processes.

Therefore they would not be able to forsee the death of someone from
swapping the gas ports.

>> It only requires criminal negligence.
>
> ** Which requires awareness of the possibility of serious harm or death.
>
>> .. it does rather raise the question of where was the inspector
>> who should check that the work was done correctly.
>
> ** The accused WAS the inspector as well.
> Seems he signed off on final testing without actually doing it.
> That IS criminal.
>

>> And where was the
>> manager who ensured that there was an inspector, and that the inspector
>> did the inspection.
>
> ** Not required.
> Been a very long time since ( most) plumbing and electrical installations were independently inspected by anyone.
> All part of the opportunistic drive to so called " self regulation " = no regulation.
>

> ..... Phil

Re: fatal gas mix up

<op.1rgrvtgdbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7123&group=aus.legal#7123

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2022 01:56:07 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Thu, 25 Aug 2022 15:56 UTC

Max <max@val.morgan> wrote
> Sylvia Else wrote
>> Max wrote

>>> https://www.9news.com.au/national/bankstown-lidcombe-hospital-baby-death-contractor-charged-with-manslaughter/37b60a79-001f-45c8-be11-62c84c238c13
>>> A gasfitter has been charged with manslaughter by criminal negligence.
>>>
>>> A baby was killed after being given nitrous oxide from a gas port
>>> labelled 'oxygen' at a hospital.
>>>
>>> ------------
>>>
>>> While this is a tragic death, the manslaughter charge seems too severe.
>>>
>>> Manslaughter requires the offender to have some idea that what he is
>>> doing might lead to a death.
>>>
>>> It's arguable that a gasfitter does not have the knowledge that making
>>> a negligent mistake about the gasfitting would actually bring about
>>> the death of a person.
>>>

>> It only requires criminal negligence.

> Negligence in this context means that a reasonable person could forsee a
> possible death caused by the actions taken.

Of course that is the case with a gas supply
that hospital patients breath, stupid.

> It is arguable that a reasonable gasfitter could not forsee a death
> resulting from a switch of the gas ports.

BULLSHIT.

> If it were a scientist, or doctor, then it might be different.

Even sillier than you usually manage and that's saying something.

>> However, it does rather raise the question of where was the inspector
>> who should check that the work was done correctly. And where was the
>> manager who ensured that there was an inspector, and that the inspector
>> did the inspection.
>> Just blaming the guys at the sharp end when they make mistakes is
>> something the French are good at. We should do better.

Re: fatal gas mix up

<op.1rgrz5bubyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7124&group=aus.legal#7124

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2022 01:58:43 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Thu, 25 Aug 2022 15:58 UTC

On Thu, 25 Aug 2022 20:46:48 +1000, Max <max@val.morgan> wrote:

> On 25/08/2022 11:57 am, Phil Allison wrote:
>> Sylvia Else wrote:

>> ** Absurd crap.

> Let me tell you something buddy.

He is no buddy of yours, fool.

> A typical gasfitter is someone like you:

The gas fitter who installs gas supplys in a fucking
hospital is not a typical gas fitter, fuckwit.

> Totally devoid of the ability to make reasonable judgements about
> scientific processes.

> Therefore they would not be able to forsee the death of someone from
> swapping the gas ports.

Even sillier and more pig ignorant than you usually manage and that's
saying something.

>>> It only requires criminal negligence.
>> ** Which requires awareness of the possibility of serious harm or
>> death.
>>
>>> .. it does rather raise the question of where was the inspector
>>> who should check that the work was done correctly.
>> ** The accused WAS the inspector as well.
>> Seems he signed off on final testing without actually doing it.
>> That IS criminal.
>>
>>> And where was the
>>> manager who ensured that there was an inspector, and that the inspector
>>> did the inspection.
>> ** Not required.
>> Been a very long time since ( most) plumbing and electrical
>> installations were independently inspected by anyone.
>> All part of the opportunistic drive to so called " self regulation
>> " = no regulation.

Re: fatal gas mix up

<te8vj8$6ik$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7129&group=aus.legal#7129

From: max...@val.morgan (Max)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2022 09:11:33 +1000
 by: Max - Thu, 25 Aug 2022 23:11 UTC

On 26/08/2022 1:58 am, Rod Speed wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Aug 2022 20:46:48 +1000, Max <max@val.morgan> wrote:

>>>  **  Absurd crap.
>
>> Let me tell you something buddy.
>
> He is no buddy of yours, fool.

I was being sarcastic, stupid. Phil Allison is the furthest from my
buddy as possible.

>> A typical gasfitter is someone like  you:
>
> The gas fitter who installs gas supplys in a fucking
> hospital is not a typical gas fitter, fuckwit.

Bullshit, they would just be a gasfitter like any other.

>> Totally devoid of the ability to make reasonable judgements about
>> scientific processes.
>
>> Therefore they would not be able to forsee the death of someone from
>> swapping the gas ports.
>
> Even sillier and more pig ignorant than you usually manage and that's
> saying something.

>>>  **  Which requires awareness of the possibility of serious harm or
>>> death.

>>>  ** The accused WAS the inspector as well.
>>>      Seems he signed off on final testing without actually doing it.
>>>      That IS criminal.

>>>  **  Not required.
>>>   Been a very long time since ( most) plumbing and electrical
>>> installations were independently inspected by anyone.
>>>   All part of the opportunistic drive to so called " self regulation
>>> "   = no regulation.

Re: fatal gas mix up

<te8vs3$92c$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7130&group=aus.legal#7130

From: max...@val.morgan (Max)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2022 09:16:16 +1000
 by: Max - Thu, 25 Aug 2022 23:16 UTC

On 26/08/2022 1:56 am, Rod Speed wrote:
> Max <max@val.morgan> wrote
>> Sylvia Else wrote
>>> Max wrote

>>>  It only requires criminal negligence.
>
>> Negligence in this context means that a reasonable person could forsee
>> a possible death caused by the actions taken.
>
> Of  course that is the case with a gas supply
> that hospital patients breath, stupid.

It's possible that the gasfitter does not know that the gas will be used
for breathing.

>> It is arguable that a reasonable gasfitter could not forsee a death
>> resulting from a switch of the gas ports.
>
> BULLSHIT.
>
>> If it were a scientist, or doctor, then it might be different.
>
> Even sillier than you usually manage and that's saying something.
>
>>> However, it does rather raise the question of where was the inspector
>>> who should check that the work was done correctly. And where was the
>>> manager who ensured that there was an inspector, and that the
>>> inspector did the inspection.
>>>  Just blaming the guys at the sharp end when they make mistakes is
>>> something the French are good at. We should do better.

Re: fatal gas mix up

<op.1rhcpnb5byq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7132&group=aus.legal#7132

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2022 09:26:01 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Thu, 25 Aug 2022 23:26 UTC

Max <max@val.morgan> wrote
> Rod Speed wrote
>> Max <max@val.morgan> wrote
>>> Phil Allison wrote

>>> Let me tell you something buddy.

>> He is no buddy of yours, fool.

> I was being sarcastic, stupid.

You never could bullshit your way out of a wet paper bag.

> Phil Allison is the furthest from my buddy as possible.

>>> A typical gasfitter is someone like you:

>> The gas fitter who installs gas supplys in a fucking
>> hospital is not a typical gas fitter, fuckwit.

> Bullshit, they would just be a gasfitter like any other.

Wrong, as always.

>>> Totally devoid of the ability to make reasonable judgements about
>>> scientific processes.

>>> Therefore they would not be able to forsee the death of someone from
>>> swapping the gas ports.

>> Even sillier and more pig ignorant than you usually manage and that's
>> saying something.

Re: fatal gas mix up

<op.1rhcthuzbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7133&group=aus.legal#7133

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2022 09:28:19 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Thu, 25 Aug 2022 23:28 UTC

Max <max@val.morgan> wrote
> Rod Speed wrote
>> Max <max@val.morgan> wrote
>>> Sylvia Else wrote

>>> Negligence in this context means that a reasonable person could forsee
>>> a possible death caused by the actions taken.

>> Of course that is the case with a gas supply
>> that hospital patients breath, stupid.

> It's possible that the gasfitter does not know that the gas will be used
> for breathing.

BULLSHIT given the way it is distributed in the wards.

>>> It is arguable that a reasonable gasfitter could not forsee a death
>>> resulting from a switch of the gas ports.

>> BULLSHIT.

>>> If it were a scientist, or doctor, then it might be different.

>> Even sillier than you usually manage and that's saying something.

Re: fatal gas mix up

<5f839909-e166-4959-af72-e14717665716n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7551&group=aus.legal#7551

Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2022 15:30:19 -0700 (PDT)
From: jzarrab...@gmail.com (jaouad zarrabi)
 by: jaouad zarrabi - Sun, 25 Sep 2022 22:30 UTC

El viernes, 26 de agosto de 2022 a las 1:28:24 UTC+2, Rod Speed escribió:
> Max <m...@val.morgan> wrote
> > Rod Speed wrote
> >> Max <m...@val.morgan> wrote

> >> Of course that is the case with a gas supply
> >> that hospital patients breath, stupid.
>
> > It's possible that the gasfitter does not know that the gas will be used
> > for breathing.
> BULLSHIT given the way it is distributed in the wards.
>
> >> BULLSHIT.

> >> Even sillier than you usually manage and that's saying something.

BullionStar is Singapore's Premier Bullion Dealer For Sell : GOLD / SILVER / BARS / COINS
- Over 1,000 Different Products
- Cash & Bullion Account
- Attractive Prices
- Quick & Easy
-Tax Free Bullion
- Financial Strength
- Global Reach
- Multi-Jurisdiction
https://www.bullionstar.com/?r=27869

aus+uk / aus.legal / Re: fatal gas mix up