From: Leu...@blue.mountains.org (Mountain Magpie)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Subject: China issue an election winner for ScoMo?
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2021 07:33:43 -0000
 by: Mountain Magpie - Sat, 25 Sep 2021 07:33 UTC

Voters distrust China, back ally

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/nation/voters-distrust-china-back-ally/news-story/6eddc62f80b13835161fd0194463933d

Most voters in three marginal western Sydney electorates have a strong
distrust of China but overwhelmingly back Aust­ralia’s alliance with
the US, according to private polling commissioned by NSW Labor MPs
ahead of the party’s state conference.

The survey of 1200 residents found 67 per cent opposed ending the US
alliance, including 70 per cent of people in the outer-Sydney seat of
Macquarie held by Labor MP Susan Templeman.

The polling, conducted by RedBridge Group, was released amid growing
division within the ALP over support for the federal government
scrapping a $90bn submarine contract with France in favour of a
diplomatic agreement with the US and Britain.

The survey showed 73.4 per cent of people did not trust China and did
not think it was a peaceful country with similar ambitions to
Australia, with women – 74 per cent – recording higher levels of
distrust than 72 per cent of men.

Of those surveyed, 76.1 per cent believed Australia’s relationship was
too heavily biased towards China or needed improvement, while 74.9 per
cent of people felt Australia needed to exercise greater self-reliance
in the relationship. More than 11 per cent said Australia should have
no trade relationship with the country.

“It is clear that support for the alliance is grounded in the deep
suspicion of China and their worries that Australia is too reliant on
China when it comes to trade links,” said Kosmos Samaras, RedBridge
Group director of strategy and campaigns.

Re: China issue an election winner for ScoMo?

<ir89j3Fl33jU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7558&group=aus.politics#7558

From: tre...@rageaudio.com.au (Trevor Wilson)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Subject: Re: China issue an election winner for ScoMo?
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2021 19:48:17 +1000
 by: Trevor Wilson - Sat, 25 Sep 2021 09:48 UTC

On 25/09/2021 5:33 pm, Mountain Magpie wrote:

> Voters distrust China, back ally
>
> https://www.theaustralian.com.au/nation/voters-distrust-china-back-ally/news-story/6eddc62f80b13835161fd0194463933d
>
> Most voters in three marginal western Sydney electorates have a strong
> distrust of China but overwhelmingly back Aust­ralia’s alliance with
> the US, according to private polling commissioned by NSW Labor MPs
> ahead of the party’s state conference.
>
> The survey of 1200 residents found 67 per cent opposed ending the US
> alliance, including 70 per cent of people in the outer-Sydney seat of
> Macquarie held by Labor MP Susan Templeman.
>
> The polling, conducted by RedBridge Group, was released amid growing
> division within the ALP over support for the federal government
> scrapping a $90bn submarine contract with France in favour of a
> diplomatic agreement with the US and Britain.
>
> The survey showed 73.4 per cent of people did not trust China and did
> not think it was a peaceful country with similar ambitions to
> Australia, with women – 74 per cent – recording higher levels of
> distrust than 72 per cent of men.
>
> Of those surveyed, 76.1 per cent believed Australia’s relationship was
> too heavily biased towards China or needed improvement, while 74.9 per
> cent of people felt Australia needed to exercise greater self-reliance
> in the relationship. More than 11 per cent said Australia should have
> no trade relationship with the country.
>
> “It is clear that support for the alliance is grounded in the deep
> suspicion of China and their worries that Australia is too reliant on
> China when it comes to trade links,” said Kosmos Samaras, RedBridge
> Group director of strategy and campaigns.

**Is it a vote winner for Scummo? You betcha. It's a time-honoured
tradition for politicians to find an enemy for everyone to fear and ramp
up the rhetoric. Howard had the boat people and Scummo has the Chinese.

I see one, serious, problem for Scummo though. He has a traitorous
scum-bag in his own ranks. A person who has a history of defending
China. I speak, of course, about Gladys Liu:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gladys_Liu#Controversies

Liu is completely untrustworthy and has a history of dodgy dealing.

Re: China issue an election winner for ScoMo?

<siodlg$ksj$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7567&group=aus.politics#7567

From: f2r...@loonynutters.com (Fran)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2021 10:08:12 +1000
 by: Fran - Sun, 26 Sep 2021 00:08 UTC

On 25/09/2021 7:48 pm, Trevor Wilson wrote:

> **Is it a vote winner for Scummo? You betcha.

Not just for SloMo 'vote winner' though. Labor has not been a huge fan
of China for some time and I suspect were very glad to be rid of
Dastyari and wish that Rudd would STFU. The stiffer approach to dealing
with China that has been adopted since Turnbull was PM has been
supported by Labor so we probably see current attitudes/policy as being
bi-partisan.

Most Aussies with any interest in politics have looked at China with a
jaundiced eye for some time and now that the Huawai woman has been
released and the the 2 Canadians were also realeased as peart of that
deal, everyone world wide should now have joined the dots about China
being untrustworthy and a raging hyupocrite when it comes to rule of
law- they spout it but effectively kidnap foreign national. charge them
with for spurious offences and do that as part of their bastard
bullying acts

It's a time-honoured
> tradition for politicians to find an enemy for everyone to fear and ramp
> up the rhetoric. Howard had the boat people and Scummo has the Chinese.

But IMO, unlike bloody Howard and his blatantly racist Tampa scare
campaign, SloMo has good reason with the Chinese.

> I see one, serious, problem for Scummo though. He has a traitorous
> scum-bag in his own ranks. A person who has a history of defending
> China. I speak, of course, about Gladys Liu:
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gladys_Liu#Controversies
>
> Liu is completely untrustworthy and has a history of dodgy dealing.

:-)) So, she's not so out of place with the other dodgy dealings done
by LNP Ministers and back bench hacks.

aus+uk / aus.politics / China issue an election winner for ScoMo?