Dr. Livingston? Dr. Livingston I. Presume?

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / OT: Near Miss of the Century: Cyclist narrowly avoids two-car crash at junction, as Porsche driver flees from police

SubjectAuthor
* OT: Near Miss of the Century: Cyclist narrowly avoids two-car crashswldx...@gmail.com
`- Re: OT: Near Miss of the Century: Cyclist narrowly avoids two-carSpike

1
OT: Near Miss of the Century: Cyclist narrowly avoids two-car crash at junction, as Porsche driver flees from police

<50c3d9d4-aeee-442e-abaa-4ea4c5c127c3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7603&group=uk.rec.cycling#7603

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2022 04:45:30 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: OT: Near Miss of the Century: Cyclist narrowly avoids two-car crash
at junction, as Porsche driver flees from police
From: swldxer1...@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Wed, 30 Mar 2022 11:45 UTC

Now that is what you call a near miss…

A cyclist in San Jose, California narrowly avoided being struck by two drivers during a high-speed collision at a junction last week. Fortunately, no one was seriously hurt according to reports.

As you can see in the video, the driver of the Porsche SUV flies through the junction – jumping a red light in the process – before slamming into a silver sedan; the two cars careening across the street and missing the cyclist by inches.

The driver in question was fleeing from police at the time of the incident, after an officer tried to pull him over for speeding shortly before the crash.

According to Santa Cruz County Sherriff’s Office, the Porsche was also reported as stolen by two suspected carjackers in 2020.

While the driver, 53-year-old Carlos Bryand, was not a key suspect in the robbery, he was arrested and charged for possession of a stolen vehicle and reckless driving.

So, a speeding motorist, driving a stolen car, causes a massive crash while he’s fleeing from police – and how does the Daily Star begin its report (link is external) of the incident?

“A cyclist running a red light…”

Of course.

https://road.cc/content/news/cycling-live-blog-30-march-2022-291505#live-blog-item-32909

Re: OT: Near Miss of the Century: Cyclist narrowly avoids two-car crash at junction, as Porsche driver flees from police

<t21ger$gu4$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7604&group=uk.rec.cycling#7604

From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: OT: Near Miss of the Century: Cyclist narrowly avoids two-car
crash at junction, as Porsche driver flees from police
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2022 11:55:10 +0000
 by: Spike - Wed, 30 Mar 2022 11:55 UTC

On 30/03/2022 11:45, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

> So, a speeding motorist, driving a stolen car, causes a massive crash while he’s fleeing from police – and how does the Daily Star begin its report (link is external) of the incident?

> “A cyclist running a red light…”

> Of course.

Well, “A cyclist running a red light…” is just so common, isn't it.

--
Spike