If Robert Di Niro assassinates Walter Slezak, will Jodie Foster marry Bonzo??

aus+uk / uk.comp.sys.mac / Re: [OT] Ave atque vale

SubjectAuthor
* [OT] Ave atque valeJohn Hill
+- [OT] Ave atque valeAlan B
+- [OT] Ave atque valeGraham J
+- [OT] Ave atque valeSM
+- [OT] Ave atque valeD.M. Procida
+- [OT] Ave atque valeDavid Brooks
+- [OT] Ave atque valePeter James
`- [OT] Ave atque valeLiz Tuddenham

1
[OT] Ave atque vale

<t2nvlo$6ip$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7618&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#7618

From: watcombe...@yahoo.co.uk (John Hill)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Subject: [OT] Ave atque vale
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2022 00:29:44 -0000 (UTC)
 by: John Hill - Fri, 8 Apr 2022 00:29 UTC

Anne is coming home from hospital today. She has lost virtually all her
mobility while in there. Until she gets it back I am going to be pretty busy
looking after her. I do have care and physiotherapy organised. But at 90 my
personal resources, alas, are limited.

So while I shall attempt to keep an eye on the group it's unlikely that I
shall have an opportunity to post for a while, if ever. If that happens, at
least you'll know why.

I am pleased to have been a Mac user since 1985, and a subscriber to UCSM
since it was founded. But everything has an ending.

To paraphrase the dolphins, So long, and thanks for all the help.

John.

--
An infinitely complex system can fail in an infinite number of ways.

Re: [OT] Ave atque vale

<t2ojm0$fe5$1@alanrichardbarker.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7620&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#7620

From: alanrich...@nospamgmail.com.here (Alan B)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Subject: Re: [OT] Ave atque vale
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2022 06:11:12 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Alan B - Fri, 8 Apr 2022 06:11 UTC

John Hill <watcombeman@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Anne is coming home from hospital today. She has lost virtually all her
> mobility while in there. Until she gets it back I am going to be pretty busy
> looking after her. I do have care and physiotherapy organised. But at 90 my
> personal resources, alas, are limited.
>
> So while I shall attempt to keep an eye on the group it's unlikely that I
> shall have an opportunity to post for a while, if ever. If that happens, at
> least you'll know why.
>
> I am pleased to have been a Mac user since 1985, and a subscriber to UCSM
> since it was founded. But everything has an ending.
>
> To paraphrase the dolphins, So long, and thanks for all the help.

Wishing Anne all the best. Her welfare is tightly your top priority. It’s
been a pleasure to have interacted with you on UCSM and I hope we have not
seen the last of you. Take care of yourself and, of course, Anne.

--
Cheers, Alan

Re: [OT] Ave atque vale

<t2om37$s10$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7622&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#7622

From: nob...@nowhere.co.uk (Graham J)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2022 07:52:08 +0100
 by: Graham J - Fri, 8 Apr 2022 06:52 UTC

John Hill wrote:
> Anne is coming home from hospital today. She has lost virtually all her
> mobility while in there. Until she gets it back I am going to be pretty busy
> looking after her. I do have care and physiotherapy organised. But at 90 my
> personal resources, alas, are limited.
>
> So while I shall attempt to keep an eye on the group it's unlikely that I
> shall have an opportunity to post for a while, if ever. If that happens, at
> least you'll know why.
>
> I am pleased to have been a Mac user since 1985, and a subscriber to UCSM
> since it was founded. But everything has an ending.
>
> To paraphrase the dolphins, So long, and thanks for all the help.

I had to arrange live-in care for my mother as she turned 90. The
people at <https://www.ablecommunitycare.com/> were very helpful.

Best wishes.

--
Graham J

Re: [OT] Ave atque vale

<t2p6t8$93s$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7629&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#7629

From: john....@myemail.invalid (SM)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2022 11:39:20 -0000 (UTC)
 by: SM - Fri, 8 Apr 2022 11:39 UTC

On 8 Apr 2022 at 01:29:44 BST, "John Hill" <watcombeman@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Anne is coming home from hospital today. She has lost virtually all her
> mobility while in there. Until she gets it back I am going to be pretty busy
> looking after her. I do have care and physiotherapy organised. But at 90 my
> personal resources, alas, are limited.
>
> So while I shall attempt to keep an eye on the group it's unlikely that I
> shall have an opportunity to post for a while, if ever. If that happens, at
> least you'll know why.
>
> I am pleased to have been a Mac user since 1985, and a subscriber to UCSM
> since it was founded. But everything has an ending.
>
> To paraphrase the dolphins, So long, and thanks for all the help.
>
> John.

Wishing you good luck and fortitude with getting Anne rehabilitated and hope
to see you here again.

Best wishes, Stuart
--
Cheers, Stuart

Re: [OT] Ave atque vale

<jbblfoFpjfbU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7634&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#7634

From: daniele-...@invalid.com (D.M. Procida)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: 8 Apr 2022 20:50:00 GMT
 by: D.M. Procida - Fri, 8 Apr 2022 20:50 UTC

On 8 Apr 2022 at 02:29:44 CEST, "John Hill" <watcombeman@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Anne is coming home from hospital today. She has lost virtually all her
> mobility while in there. Until she gets it back I am going to be pretty busy
> looking after her. I do have care and physiotherapy organised. But at 90 my
> personal resources, alas, are limited.

All the best to you both, John, I hope that things go well and that you have
all the support you need.

Daniele

Re: [OT] Ave atque vale

<U624K.26714$sMg.14282@fx06.ams1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7636&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#7636

Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
From: BDB...@invalid.invalid (David Brooks)
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2022 22:50:43 +0100
 by: David Brooks - Fri, 8 Apr 2022 21:50 UTC

On 08/04/2022 01:29, John Hill wrote:
> Anne is coming home from hospital today. She has lost virtually all her
> mobility while in there. Until she gets it back I am going to be pretty busy
> looking after her. I do have care and physiotherapy organised. But at 90 my
> personal resources, alas, are limited.
>
> So while I shall attempt to keep an eye on the group it's unlikely that I
> shall have an opportunity to post for a while, if ever. If that happens, at
> least you'll know why.
>
> I am pleased to have been a Mac user since 1985, and a subscriber to UCSM
> since it was founded. But everything has an ending.
>
> To paraphrase the dolphins, So long, and thanks for all the help.
>
> John.

An infinitely complex system (the human body) can fail in an infinite
number of ways.

--
My love and best wishes to both of you.
David B.

Re: [OT] Ave atque vale

<jbco2qF16hrU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7639&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#7639

From: pfjames...@gmail.com (Peter James)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: 9 Apr 2022 06:40:26 GMT
 by: Peter James - Sat, 9 Apr 2022 06:40 UTC

On 8 Apr 2022 at 01:29:44 BST, "John Hill" <watcombeman@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Anne is coming home from hospital today. She has lost virtually all her
> mobility while in there. Until she gets it back I am going to be pretty busy
> looking after her. I do have care and physiotherapy organised. But at 90 my
> personal resources, alas, are limited.
>
> So while I shall attempt to keep an eye on the group it's unlikely that I
> shall have an opportunity to post for a while, if ever. If that happens, at
> least you'll know why.
>
> I am pleased to have been a Mac user since 1985, and a subscriber to UCSM
> since it was founded. But everything has an ending.
>
> To paraphrase the dolphins, So long, and thanks for all the help.
>
> John.

Very best wishes to both of you.
Peter
--
The email shown is false. If you need to contact me then try peterATpfjamesDOTcoDOTuk

Addresses are given to us to conceal our whereabouts.
Saki (H.H.Munro) 1870 - 1916

Re: [OT] Ave atque vale

<1pq54a5.uzoakr1ekmp2eN%liz@poppyrecords.invalid.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7640&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#7640

From: liz...@poppyrecords.invalid.invalid (Liz Tuddenham)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2022 10:43:20 +0100
 by: Liz Tuddenham - Sat, 9 Apr 2022 09:43 UTC

John Hill <watcombeman@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Anne is coming home from hospital today. She has lost virtually all her
> mobility while in there. Until she gets it back I am going to be pretty busy
> looking after her. I do have care and physiotherapy organised. But at 90 my
> personal resources, alas, are limited.
>
> So while I shall attempt to keep an eye on the group it's unlikely that I
> shall have an opportunity to post for a while, if ever. If that happens, at
> least you'll know why.
>
> I am pleased to have been a Mac user since 1985, and a subscriber to UCSM
> since it was founded. But everything has an ending.
>
> To paraphrase the dolphins, So long, and thanks for all the help.

Hope everything goes well and you can eventually begin to enjoy life
again.

--
~ Liz Tuddenham ~
www.poppyrecords.co.uk