The less a statesman amounts to, the more he loves the flag. -- Kin Hubbard

aus+uk / uk.d-i-y / OT The apprentice dropped his mobile phone down the Portaloo today

SubjectAuthor
* OT The apprentice dropped his mobile phone down the Portaloo todayARW
`* Re: OT The apprentice dropped his mobile phone down the PortalooGB
 +* Re: OT The apprentice dropped his mobile phone down the PortalooSH
 |`* Re: OT The apprentice dropped his mobile phone down the PortalooARW
 | `* Re: OT The apprentice dropped his mobile phone down the PortalooRichard
 |  +* Re: OT The apprentice dropped his mobile phone down the PortalooSH
 |  |`* Re: OT The apprentice dropped his mobile phone down the Portaloo todayfred
 |  | `* Re: OT The apprentice dropped his mobile phone down the PortalooRichard
 |  |  `- Re: OT The apprentice dropped his mobile phone down the PortalooSH
 |  `* Re: OT The apprentice dropped his mobile phone down the PortalooARW
 |   `* Re: OT The apprentice dropped his mobile phone down the PortalooRichard
 |    `* Re: OT The apprentice dropped his mobile phone down the PortalooARW
 |     `- Re: OT The apprentice dropped his mobile phone down the PortalooSH
 `- Re: OT The apprentice dropped his mobile phone down the Portaloo todayTim Lamb

1
OT The apprentice dropped his mobile phone down the Portaloo today

<tk3ket$1u054$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=76542&group=uk.d-i-y#76542

From: adamwads...@blueyonder.co.uk (ARW)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Subject: OT The apprentice dropped his mobile phone down the Portaloo today
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2022 18:09:35 +0000
 by: ARW - Fri, 4 Nov 2022 18:09 UTC

What fun.

Days do not get better than today.

--
Adam

Re: OT The apprentice dropped his mobile phone down the Portaloo today

<tk3q3g$1vo5s$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=76555&group=uk.d-i-y#76555

From: NOTsome...@microsoft.invalid (GB)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Subject: Re: OT The apprentice dropped his mobile phone down the Portaloo
today
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2022 19:44:47 +0000
 by: GB - Fri, 4 Nov 2022 19:44 UTC

On 04/11/2022 18:09, ARW wrote:
> What fun.
>
> Days do not get better than today.

I have a habit of putting some mouthwash in my mouth and holding it in
for a few minutes whilst I see to other things. On this occasion, I
decided to have a quick look at this newsgroup ....

Re: OT The apprentice dropped his mobile phone down the Portaloo today

<tk3qmf$1123$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=76556&group=uk.d-i-y#76556

From: i.love.s...@spam.com (SH)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
today
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2022 19:54:56 +0000
 by: SH - Fri, 4 Nov 2022 19:54 UTC

On 04/11/2022 19:44, GB wrote:
> On 04/11/2022 18:09, ARW wrote:
>> What fun.
>>
>> Days do not get better than today.
>>

> I have a habit of putting some mouthwash in my mouth and holding it in
> for a few minutes whilst I see to other things. On this occasion, I
> decided to have a quick look at this newsgroup ....

at least the screen smells fresh and minty!

Re: OT The apprentice dropped his mobile phone down the Portaloo today

<LGwZhzxk9YZjFweL@marfordfarm.demon.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=76577&group=uk.d-i-y#76577

From: tim...@marfordfarm.demon.co.uk (Tim Lamb)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2022 22:17:08 +0000
 by: Tim Lamb - Fri, 4 Nov 2022 22:17 UTC

In message <tk3q3g$1vo5s$1@dont-email.me>, GB
<NOTsomeone@microsoft.invalid> writes
>On 04/11/2022 18:09, ARW wrote:
>> What fun.
>> Days do not get better than today.
>>

>I have a habit of putting some mouthwash in my mouth and holding it in
>for a few minutes whilst I see to other things. On this occasion, I
>decided to have a quick look at this newsgroup ....

I hope your keyboard recovers:-)

--
Tim Lamb

Re: OT The apprentice dropped his mobile phone down the Portaloo today

<tk5314$2b8sl$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=76588&group=uk.d-i-y#76588

From: adamwads...@blueyonder.co.uk (ARW)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
today
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2022 07:24:23 +0000
 by: ARW - Sat, 5 Nov 2022 07:24 UTC

On 04/11/2022 19:54, SH wrote:
> On 04/11/2022 19:44, GB wrote:
>> On 04/11/2022 18:09, ARW wrote:
>>> What fun.
>>>
>>> Days do not get better than today.
>>>

>> I have a habit of putting some mouthwash in my mouth and holding it in
>> for a few minutes whilst I see to other things. On this occasion, I
>> decided to have a quick look at this newsgroup ....
>>

>  at least the screen smells fresh and minty!

Unlike the apprentices phone.

After he had fished it out and cleaned it up he was disappointed that it
no longer worked.

Re: OT The apprentice dropped his mobile phone down the Portaloo today

<tk584m$bo2$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=76593&group=uk.d-i-y#76593

From: smith...@btinternet.com.invalid (Richard)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
today
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2022 08:50:29 +0000
 by: Richard - Sat, 5 Nov 2022 08:50 UTC

On 05/11/2022 07:24, ARW wrote:
> On 04/11/2022 19:54, SH wrote:

>>> I have a habit of putting some mouthwash in my mouth and holding it
>>> in for a few minutes whilst I see to other things. On this occasion,
>>> I decided to have a quick look at this newsgroup ....
>>>

>>   at least the screen smells fresh and minty!
>
> Unlike the apprentices phone.
>
> After he had fished it out and cleaned it up he was disappointed that it
> no longer worked.

I'm disappointed that there is no mention of how it was fished out.
Frankly, the lack of detail in your post is rather shit in comparison to
passed offerings.
;)

Re: OT The apprentice dropped his mobile phone down the Portaloo today

<tk5abk$13j6$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=76599&group=uk.d-i-y#76599

From: i.love.s...@spam.com (SH)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
today
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2022 09:28:21 +0000
 by: SH - Sat, 5 Nov 2022 09:28 UTC

On 05/11/2022 08:50, Richard wrote:
> On 05/11/2022 07:24, ARW wrote:

>>>   at least the screen smells fresh and minty!
>>
>> Unlike the apprentices phone.
>>
>> After he had fished it out and cleaned it up he was disappointed that
>> it no longer worked.
>
> I'm disappointed that there is no mention of how it was fished out.
> Frankly, the lack of detail in your post is rather shit in comparison to
> passed offerings.
> ;)

You're absolutely righht, we need to get to the bottom of this before it
drives us all round the bend and drive us Potty!

Re: OT The apprentice dropped his mobile phone down the Portaloo today

<acf74f65-b2df-4bbf-8292-3f3eeee4337an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=76607&group=uk.d-i-y#76607

Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2022 03:30:18 -0700 (PDT)
From: tpmcc...@gmail.com (fred)
 by: fred - Sat, 5 Nov 2022 10:30 UTC

On Saturday, November 5, 2022 at 9:28:25 AM UTC, SH wrote:
> On 05/11/2022 08:50, Richard wrote:

> >> Unlike the apprentices phone.
> >>
> >> After he had fished it out and cleaned it up he was disappointed that
> >> it no longer worked.
> >
> > I'm disappointed that there is no mention of how it was fished out.
> > Frankly, the lack of detail in your post is rather shit in comparison to
> > passed offerings.
> > ;)
> You're absolutely righht, we need to get to the bottom of this before it
> drives us all round the bend and drive us Potty!

I keep my phone in the breast pocket of my shirt. Being fastidious I like to check the condiion of the bowl when finishd which led to me leaning over one day and the phone popped out of my pocket. Luckily the bowl was filled with clean water and also that my phone was waterproof.
The S21 Plus 5G has a water-resistance rating of IP68, which means your phone can be submerged in water for up to 30 minutes at a depth of 1.5 metres.

Re: OT The apprentice dropped his mobile phone down the Portaloo today

<tk5el2$srt$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=76610&group=uk.d-i-y#76610

From: smith...@btinternet.com.invalid (Richard)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
today
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2022 10:41:37 +0000
 by: Richard - Sat, 5 Nov 2022 10:41 UTC

On 05/11/2022 10:30, fred wrote:
> On Saturday, November 5, 2022 at 9:28:25 AM UTC, SH wrote:

>>> I'm disappointed that there is no mention of how it was fished out.
>>> Frankly, the lack of detail in your post is rather shit in comparison to
>>> passed offerings.
>>> ;)
>> You're absolutely righht, we need to get to the bottom of this before it
>> drives us all round the bend and drive us Potty!
>
> I keep my phone in the breast pocket of my shirt. Being fastidious I like to check the condiion of the bowl when finishd which led to me leaning over one day and the phone popped out of my pocket. Luckily the bowl was filled with clean water and also that my phone was waterproof.
> The S21 Plus 5G has a water-resistance rating of IP68, which means your phone can be submerged in water for up to 30 minutes at a depth of 1.5 metres.

Great stuff.
Are we talking toilet bowls here?
If so, by "finished" in this context this is post flush. Do you check
the bowl before the finished stage?

Please repeat the experiment in a portaloo and report back ASAP as we
need to know how the S21 Plus 5G copes in that (enable Sean Connery
mode) situation.

Re: OT The apprentice dropped his mobile phone down the Portaloo today

<tk5i6a$e3o$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=76615&group=uk.d-i-y#76615

From: i.love.s...@spam.com (SH)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
today
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2022 11:42:02 +0000
 by: SH - Sat, 5 Nov 2022 11:42 UTC

On 05/11/2022 10:41, Richard wrote:
> On 05/11/2022 10:30, fred wrote:

>>> You're absolutely righht, we need to get to the bottom of this before it
>>> drives us all round the bend and drive us Potty!
>>
>>   I keep my phone in the breast pocket of my shirt. Being fastidious I
>> like to check the condiion of the bowl when finishd which led to me
>> leaning over one day and the phone popped out of my pocket. Luckily
>> the bowl was filled with clean water and also that my phone was
>> waterproof.
>> The S21 Plus 5G has a water-resistance rating of IP68, which means
>> your phone can be submerged in water for up to 30 minutes at a depth
>> of 1.5 metres.
>
> Great stuff.
> Are we talking toilet bowls here?
> If so, by "finished" in this context this is post flush. Do you check
> the bowl before the finished stage?
>
> Please repeat the experiment in a portaloo and report back ASAP as we
> need to know how the S21 Plus 5G copes in that (enable Sean Connery
> mode) situation.

yes as those blue coffins are really chemical toilets whereas the vast
majority of domestic loos run off potable water but of course some may
be on rain water.

Its all very well bragging about IP68 ratings but that is against water.
SOme polymers and elastomers are chemically attacked...

Swee https://www.coleparmer.com/Chemical-Resistance

Very handy if you are building from scratch and need to check that the
materials you are building from is resistant to whatever chemicals it
will be exposed to before you order your metals and ploymers from
metals4you or plastics4you websites!

Re: OT The apprentice dropped his mobile phone down the Portaloo today

<tk5mi1$2f40o$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=76617&group=uk.d-i-y#76617

From: adamwads...@blueyonder.co.uk (ARW)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
today
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2022 12:57:40 +0000
 by: ARW - Sat, 5 Nov 2022 12:57 UTC

On 05/11/2022 08:50, Richard wrote:

> I'm disappointed that there is no mention of how it was fished out.
> Frankly, the lack of detail in your post is rather shit in comparison to
> passed offerings.
> ;)

By his own hand.

And after he had cleaned up his vomit and his phone and stopped retching
he found out his iphone was fucked.

Comments such as "iphones are shit" and "are you going to make a dirty
phone call?" were handed out.

The funniest bit was that he had somehow managed to squeeze a turd onto
the screen whilst removing it.

Re: OT The apprentice dropped his mobile phone down the Portaloo today

<tk5r0q$u3$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=76629&group=uk.d-i-y#76629

From: smith...@btinternet.com.invalid (Richard)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
today
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2022 14:12:42 +0000
 by: Richard - Sat, 5 Nov 2022 14:12 UTC

On 05/11/2022 12:57, ARW wrote:
> On 05/11/2022 08:50, Richard wrote:
>

>> I'm disappointed that there is no mention of how it was fished out.
>> Frankly, the lack of detail in your post is rather shit in comparison
>> to passed offerings.
>> ;)
>

> By his own hand.
>
> And after he had cleaned up his vomit and his phone and stopped retching
> he found out his iphone was fucked.
>
> Comments such as "iphones are shit" and "are you going to make a dirty
> phone call?" were handed out.
>
> The funniest bit was that he had somehow managed to squeeze a turd onto
> the screen whilst removing it.

Even more disappointed in you. WTF? No vid?

Re: OT The apprentice dropped his mobile phone down the Portaloo today

<tk5rn7$2gd4q$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=76633&group=uk.d-i-y#76633

From: adamwads...@blueyonder.co.uk (ARW)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
today
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2022 14:25:46 +0000
 by: ARW - Sat, 5 Nov 2022 14:25 UTC

On 05/11/2022 14:12, Richard wrote:
> On 05/11/2022 12:57, ARW wrote:
>> On 05/11/2022 08:50, Richard wrote:
>>

>>> I'm disappointed that there is no mention of how it was fished out.
>>> Frankly, the lack of detail in your post is rather shit in comparison
>>> to passed offerings.
>>> ;)
>>

>> By his own hand.
>>
>> And after he had cleaned up his vomit and his phone and stopped
>> retching he found out his iphone was fucked.
>>
>> Comments such as "iphones are shit" and "are you going to make a dirty
>> phone call?" were handed out.
>>
>> The funniest bit was that he had somehow managed to squeeze a turd
>> onto the screen whilst removing it.
>
> Even more disappointed in you. WTF? No vid?

Too busy laughing - and it stank of shit so I kept my distance..

Re: OT The apprentice dropped his mobile phone down the Portaloo today

<tk6an1$s4u$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=76667&group=uk.d-i-y#76667

From: i.love.s...@spam.com (SH)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
today
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2022 18:40:34 +0000
 by: SH - Sat, 5 Nov 2022 18:40 UTC

On 05/11/2022 14:25, ARW wrote:
> On 05/11/2022 14:12, Richard wrote:

>>> By his own hand.
>>>
>>> And after he had cleaned up his vomit and his phone and stopped
>>> retching he found out his iphone was fucked.
>>>
>>> Comments such as "iphones are shit" and "are you going to make a
>>> dirty phone call?" were handed out.
>>>
>>> The funniest bit was that he had somehow managed to squeeze a turd
>>> onto the screen whilst removing it.
>>
>> Even more disappointed in you. WTF? No vid?
>>
>  Too busy laughing - and it stank of shit so I kept my distance..

was he texting or talking to someone while sat on the bog or was he
viewing something in private?

Both causing said smartphone to slip out of his hand past between his
legs to then splosh into the blue water?