"Being disintegrated makes me ve-ry an-gry!" <huff, huff>

aus+uk / aus.legal / Re: Loading up the loot.

+* Re: Loading up the loot.Rod Speed
|`* Re: Loading up the loot.Max
| `* Re: Loading up the loot.Rod Speed
|  `* Re: Loading up the loot.Max
|   `* Re: Loading up the loot.Rod Speed
|    `* Re: Loading up the loot.Max
|     `* Re: Loading up the loot.Rod Speed
|      `* Re: Loading up the loot.Max
|       `* Re: Loading up the loot.Rod Speed
|        `* Re: Loading up the loot.Max
|         `* Re: Loading up the loot.Rod Speed
|          `* Re: Loading up the loot.Max
|           `* Re: Loading up the loot.Rod Speed
|            `* Re: Loading up the loot.Max
|             `- Re: Loading up the loot.Rod Speed
+- Re: Loading up the loot.Ozix
`- Re: Loading up the loot.Sylvia Else

<qpvcjhph64nmj4h010gnspn0l06qp6kbqv@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7635&group=aus.legal#7635

From: pj...@jostle.com (Peter Jason)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Subject: Loading up the loot.
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2022 15:36:31 +1000
 by: Peter Jason - Fri, 30 Sep 2022 05:36 UTC

I live in town. Always there's items discarded on the footpath no
doubt from landlords clearing out the previous tenant's mess. I
loaded up some stuff last evening...a floor oscillating-fan, two floor
heaters (one oscillating) a Gerni device and a new broom handle.
Everything works except perhaps the Gerni.
Is this "finders keepers"? Has the ejected tenant any further rights
to his stuff?

Re: Loading up the loot.

<op.1tao8jygbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7636&group=aus.legal#7636

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Subject: Re: Loading up the loot.
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2022 16:20:33 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Fri, 30 Sep 2022 06:20 UTC

Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote

> I live in town. Always there's items discarded on the footpath no
> doubt from landlords clearing out the previous tenant's mess.

Much more often it is stuff discarded by those who don't have
any way to get rid of it.

> I loaded up some stuff last evening...a floor oscillating-fan, two floor
> heaters (one oscillating) a Gerni device and a new broom handle.

> Everything works except perhaps the Gerni.

> Is this "finders keepers"?

Not if it has been dumped there by a landlord who has evicted a tenant.

> Has the ejected tenant any further rights to his stuff?

Yep, if it has been dumped there by the landlord who has
evicted them or has skipped with the rent owing, its still his.

Re: Loading up the loot.

<6336a190$1@news.ausics.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7637&group=aus.legal#7637

Newsgroups: aus.legal
From: ozi...@xizo.am (Ozix)
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2022 15:58:08 +0800
 by: Ozix - Fri, 30 Sep 2022 07:58 UTC

Peter Jason wrote:
> I live in town. Always there's items discarded on the footpath no
> doubt from landlords clearing out the previous tenant's mess. I
> loaded up some stuff last evening...a floor oscillating-fan, two floor
> heaters (one oscillating) a Gerni device and a new broom handle.
> Everything works except perhaps the Gerni.
> Is this "finders keepers"? Has the ejected tenant any further rights
> to his stuff?

You could plead ignorance, say you thought it was hard rubbish verge
pickup this weekend.

Re: Loading up the loot.

<th69qm$1t90$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7638&group=aus.legal#7638

From: max...@val.morgan (Max)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2022 18:36:37 +1000
 by: Max - Fri, 30 Sep 2022 08:36 UTC

On 30/09/2022 4:20 pm, Rod Speed wrote:
> Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote
>
>> I live in town.  Always there's items discarded on the footpath no
>> doubt from landlords clearing out the previous tenant's mess.
>
> Much more often it is stuff discarded by those who don't have
> any way to get rid of it.
>
>> I loaded up some stuff last evening...a floor oscillating-fan, two floor
>> heaters (one oscillating) a Gerni device and a new broom handle.
>
>> Everything works except perhaps the Gerni.
>
>> Is this "finders keepers"?
>
> Not if it has been dumped there by a landlord who has evicted a tenant.
>
>> Has the ejected tenant any further rights  to his stuff?
>
> Yep, if it has been dumped there by the landlord who has
> evicted them or has skipped with the rent owing, its still his.

It depends on where the items are.

Are they on private property or public land such as the verge, pavement
or road?

Re: Loading up the loot.

<op.1tawq5gtbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7640&group=aus.legal#7640

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2022 19:02:55 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Fri, 30 Sep 2022 09:02 UTC

Max <max@val.morgan> wrote
> Rod Speed wrote
>> Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote

>>> I live in town. Always there's items discarded on the footpath no
>>> doubt from landlords clearing out the previous tenant's mess.

>> Much more often it is stuff discarded by those who don't have
>> any way to get rid of it.

>>> I loaded up some stuff last evening...a floor oscillating-fan, two
>>> floor
>>> heaters (one oscillating) a Gerni device and a new broom handle.

>>> Everything works except perhaps the Gerni.

>>> Is this "finders keepers"?

>> Not if it has been dumped there by a landlord who has evicted a tenant.

>>> Has the ejected tenant any further rights to his stuff?

>> Yep, if it has been dumped there by the landlord who has
>> evicted them or has skipped with the rent owing, its still his.

> It depends on where the items are.

Nope.

> Are they on private property or public land such as the verge, pavement
> or road?

Irrelevant if the landlord has dumped it after having evicted
the tenant or the tenant has skipped after failing to pay the
rent or if somone has dumped what they no longer need.

Re: Loading up the loot.

<jppgokFflpdU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7643&group=aus.legal#7643

From: syl...@email.invalid (Sylvia Else)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2022 10:43:37 +1000
 by: Sylvia Else - Sat, 1 Oct 2022 00:43 UTC

On 30-Sept-22 3:36 pm, Peter Jason wrote:
> I live in town. Always there's items discarded on the footpath no
> doubt from landlords clearing out the previous tenant's mess. I
> loaded up some stuff last evening...a floor oscillating-fan, two floor
> heaters (one oscillating) a Gerni device and a new broom handle.
> Everything works except perhaps the Gerni.
> Is this "finders keepers"? Has the ejected tenant any further rights
> to his stuff?

The tenant would have a better claim on the item than you would. But I
don't see that you would be subject to a theft charge, for example,
because you could reasonably argue that you believed it had been abandoned.

Sylvia.

Re: Loading up the loot.

<th8quo$i19$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7647&group=aus.legal#7647

From: max...@val.morgan (Max)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2022 17:41:12 +1000
 by: Max - Sat, 1 Oct 2022 07:41 UTC

On 30/09/2022 7:02 pm, Rod Speed wrote:
> Max <max@val.morgan> wrote
>> Rod Speed wrote
>>> Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote

>>>  Much more often it is stuff discarded by those who don't have
>>> any way to get rid of it.

>>>  Not if it has been dumped there by a landlord who has evicted a tenant.

>>> Yep, if it has been dumped there by the landlord who has
>>> evicted them or has skipped with the rent owing, its still his.
>
>> It depends on where the items are.
>
> Nope.
>
>> Are they on private property or public land such as the verge,
>> pavement or road?
>
> Irrelevant if the landlord has dumped it after having evicted
> the tenant or the tenant has skipped after failing to pay the
> rent or if somone has dumped what they no longer need.

There is a time period, possibly something like 30 days, after which
they are regarded as uncollected goods.

Re: Loading up the loot.

<op.1tcroli3byq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7650&group=aus.legal#7650

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Sat, 01 Oct 2022 19:08:35 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Sat, 1 Oct 2022 09:08 UTC

Max <max@val.morgan> wrote
> Rod Speed wrote
>> Max <max@val.morgan> wrote
>>> Rod Speed wrote

>>> It depends on where the items are.

>> Nope.

>>> Are they on private property or public land such as the verge,
>>> pavement or road?

>> Irrelevant if the landlord has dumped it after having evicted
>> the tenant or the tenant has skipped after failing to pay the
>> rent or if somone has dumped what they no longer need.

> There is a time period, possibly something like 30 days,after which
> they are regarded as uncollected goods.

Irrelevant to your stupid pig ignorant claim about where they are located.

Re: Loading up the loot.

<thaj7v$c5r$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7653&group=aus.legal#7653

From: max...@val.morgan (Max)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2022 10:41:50 +1100
 by: Max - Sat, 1 Oct 2022 23:41 UTC

On 1/10/2022 7:08 pm, Rod Speed wrote:
> Max <max@val.morgan> wrote
>> Rod Speed wrote
>>> Max <max@val.morgan> wrote

>>>  Nope.

>>>  Irrelevant if the landlord has dumped it after having evicted
>>> the tenant or the tenant has skipped after failing to pay the
>>> rent or if somone has dumped what they no longer need.
>
>> There is a time period, possibly something like 30 days,after which
>> they are regarded as uncollected goods.
>
> Irrelevant to your stupid pig ignorant claim about where they are located.

If the goods are on private property, then they are never uncollected.
If they are on public property, then they can be uncollected.

Therefore, it matters where the goods are located.

Re: Loading up the loot.

<op.1td2wqjebyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7654&group=aus.legal#7654

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2022 13:08:40 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Sun, 2 Oct 2022 02:08 UTC

Max <max@val.morgan> wrote
> Rod Speed wrote
>> Max <max@val.morgan> wrote
>>> Rod Speed wrote

>>> There is a time period, possibly something like 30 days,after which
>>> they are regarded as uncollected goods.

>> Irrelevant to your stupid pig ignorant claim about where they are
>> located.

> If the goods are on private property,

What Pete took wasnt.

Re: Loading up the loot.

<thb559$18c8$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7655&group=aus.legal#7655

From: max...@val.morgan (Max)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2022 15:47:36 +1100
 by: Max - Sun, 2 Oct 2022 04:47 UTC

This is what Pete said:

> Always there's items discarded on the footpath no
> doubt from landlords clearing out the previous tenant's mes

The items were on the footpath. There they were on public property.

Re: Loading up the loot.

<op.1tea8nrfbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7656&group=aus.legal#7656

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2022 16:08:37 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Sun, 2 Oct 2022 05:08 UTC

Max <max@val.morgan> wrote
> Rod Speed wrote
>> Max <max@val.morgan> wrote
>>> Rod Speed wrote

>>> If the goods are on private property,

>> What Pete took wasnt.
>
> This is what Pete said:
>
>> Always there's items discarded on the footpath no
>> doubt from landlords clearing out the previous tenant's mes
>
> The items were on the footpath. There they were on public property.

So your mindless shit about where is was is clearly irrelevant.

Re: Loading up the loot.

<thb7op$1s72$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7657&group=aus.legal#7657

From: max...@val.morgan (Max)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2022 16:32:08 +1100
 by: Max - Sun, 2 Oct 2022 05:32 UTC

On 2/10/2022 4:08 pm, Rod Speed wrote:
> Max <max@val.morgan> wrote
>> Rod Speed wrote
>>> Max <max@val.morgan> wrote

>>>  What Pete took wasnt.
>>
>> This is what Pete said:
>>
>>> Always there's items discarded on the footpath no
>>> doubt from landlords clearing out the previous tenant's mes
>>
>> The items were on the footpath.  There they were on public property.
>
> So your mindless shit about where is was is clearly irrelevant.

I asked the question of where the items were:

You said that was irrelevant:

> Irrelevant if the landlord has dumped it after having evicted
> the tenant or the tenant has skipped after failing to pay the
> rent or if somone has dumped what they no longer need.

Which is wrong, because it does matter if they were dumped on private or
public property.

If it is private, then they are never 'uncollected' afte 30 days, where
as with public it is, fuckwit.

Re: Loading up the loot.

<op.1ted3dbtbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7658&group=aus.legal#7658

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2022 17:10:15 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Sun, 2 Oct 2022 06:10 UTC

Max <max@val.morgan> wrote
> Rod Speed wrote
>> Max <max@val.morgan> wrote
>>> Rod Speed wrote

>>> The items were on the footpath. There they were on public property.

>> So your mindless shit about where is was is clearly irrelevant.

> I asked the question of where the items were:

And you were too fucking stupid to realise that he had already said that.

>> It depends on where the items are.
>> Are they on private property or public land such as the verge,
>> pavement or road?

> You said that was irrelevant:

Because your question was irrelevant given he had stated
right from the start where they were.

>> Irrelevant if the landlord has dumped it after having evicted
>> the tenant or the tenant has skipped after failing to pay the
>> rent or if somone has dumped what they no longer need.
>
> Which is wrong,

Nope.

> because it does matter if they were dumped on private or public
> property.

But we know that they were not.

Re: Loading up the loot.

<thdq4n$ubq$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7659&group=aus.legal#7659

From: max...@val.morgan (Max)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2022 15:57:55 +1100
 by: Max - Mon, 3 Oct 2022 04:57 UTC

On 2/10/2022 5:10 pm, Rod Speed wrote:
> Max <max@val.morgan> wrote
>> Rod Speed wrote
>>> Max <max@val.morgan> wrote

>>>  So your mindless shit about where is was is clearly irrelevant.
>
>> I asked the question of where the items were:
>
> And you were too fucking stupid to realise that he had already said that.
>
>>> It depends on where the items are.
>>>  Are they on private property or public land such as the verge,
>>> pavement or road?
>
>> You said that was irrelevant:
>
> Because your question was irrelevant given he had stated
> right from the start where they were.

Even so, it was still acceptable for me to say what I said.

We were having a general discussion about the subject and my post was
relevant to that.

>>> Irrelevant if the landlord has dumped it after having evicted
>>> the tenant or the tenant has skipped after failing to pay the
>>> rent or if somone has dumped what they no longer need.
>>
>> Which is wrong,
>
> Nope.
>
>> because it does matter if they were dumped on private or  public
>> property.
>
> But we know that they were not.

Re: Loading up the loot.

<op.1tgwwwchbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7662&group=aus.legal#7662

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2022 01:51:58 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Mon, 3 Oct 2022 14:51 UTC

Max <max@val.morgan> wrote
> Rod Speed wrote
>> Max <max@val.morgan> wrote
>>> Rod Speed wrote

>>> I asked the question of where the items were:

>> And you were too fucking stupid to realise that he had already said
>> that.

>>> You said that was irrelevant:

>> Because your question was irrelevant given he had stated
>> right from the start where they were.

> Even so, it was still acceptable for me to say what I said.

Nope, your shit was completely irrelevant, as always.

> We were having a general discussion about the subject

BULLSHIT.

> and my post was relevant to that.

You never could bullshit your way out of a wet paper bag.

>>> Which is wrong,
>> Nope.
>>
>>> because it does matter if they were dumped on private or public
>>> property.
>> But we know that they were not.

Re: Loading up the loot.

<thgk0o$1p9t$2@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7666&group=aus.legal#7666

From: max...@val.morgan (Max)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2022 17:31:50 +1100
 by: Max - Tue, 4 Oct 2022 06:31 UTC

On 4/10/2022 1:51 am, Rod Speed wrote:
> Max <max@val.morgan> wrote
>> Rod Speed wrote
>>> Max <max@val.morgan> wrote

>>>  And you were too fucking stupid to realise that he had already said
>>> that.

>>>  Because your question was irrelevant given he had stated
>>> right from the start where they were.
>
>> Even so, it was still acceptable for me to say what I said.
>
> Nope, your shit was completely irrelevant, as always.

You don't get to decide what is relevant to the discussion, fuckwit. You
never do.

>> We were having a general discussion about the subject
>
> BULLSHIT.

See above.

>> and my post was  relevant to that.
>
> You never could bullshit your way out of a wet paper bag.

>>>  Nope.

>>>  But we know that they were not.

Re: Loading up the loot.

<op.1th4orxkbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7668&group=aus.legal#7668

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2022 17:37:29 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Tue, 4 Oct 2022 06:37 UTC

Max <max@val.morgan> wrote
> Rod Speed wrote
>> Max <max@val.morgan> wrote
>>> Rod Speed wrote

>>> Even so, it was still acceptable for me to say what I said.
>> Nope, your shit was completely irrelevant, as always.

> You don't get to decide what is relevant to the discussion

Wrong, as always.

>>> We were having a general discussion about the subject
>> BULLSHIT.

> See above.

See above.