A rock store eventually closed down; they were taking too much for granite.

aus+uk / uk.d-i-y / Bed frame fixing nuts? Round ones!

SubjectAuthor
* Bed frame fixing nuts? Round ones!tony sayer
+- Re: Bed frame fixing nuts? Round ones!Andy Burns
+- Re: Bed frame fixing nuts? Round ones!John Rumm
+- Re: Bed frame fixing nuts? Round ones!tony sayer
+* Re: Bed frame fixing nuts? Round ones!Cursitor Doom
|`- Re: Bed frame fixing nuts? Round ones!John Armstrong
+* Re: Bed frame fixing nuts? Round ones!Brian Gaff
|`- Re: Bed frame fixing nuts? Round ones!tony sayer
`- Re: Bed frame fixing nuts? Round ones!wasbit

1
Bed frame fixing nuts? Round ones!

<pjjJ2$PSp+ZjFw4q@bancom.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=76736&group=uk.d-i-y#76736

From: ton...@bancom.co.uk (tony sayer)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Subject: Bed frame fixing nuts? Round ones!
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2022 17:09:38 +0000
 by: tony sayer - Sun, 6 Nov 2022 17:09 UTC

Anyone got any idea what they are called?, They're round around 10 mm
dia about 15 mm long and have a threaded hole thru them so that say the
end bed frame connects to the side bits that go from the top to the foot
of the bed are held bu a threaded round M 5 or 6 so then they go into
the wood and the bolts screw thru them and then they make a tight fixing
and if anyone's got a Screwfix or Toolstation part number be great!...

--
Tony Sayer

Re: Bed frame fixing nuts? Round ones!

<jsq8j8FhiplU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=76737&group=uk.d-i-y#76737

From: use...@andyburns.uk (Andy Burns)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Subject: Re: Bed frame fixing nuts? Round ones!
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2022 17:18:32 +0000
 by: Andy Burns - Sun, 6 Nov 2022 17:18 UTC

tony sayer wrote:

> Anyone got any idea what they are called?, They're round around 10 mm
> dia about 15 mm long and have a threaded hole thru them

Cross dowel nuts

> so that say the
> end bed frame connects to the side bits that go from the top to the foot
> of the bed are held bu a threaded round M 5 or 6 so then they go into
> the wood and the bolts screw thru them and then they make a tight fixing
> and if anyone's got a Screwfix or Toolstation part number be great!...

Cross dowel bolts and nuts, or just bed bolts, or cot bolts

SF seem to sell the bolts, but not the nuts, TS sell neither, try amazon

<https://amazon.co.uk/s?k=bed+bolts>

Re: Bed frame fixing nuts? Round ones!

<tk8qcd$37jia$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=76738&group=uk.d-i-y#76738

From: see.my.s...@nowhere.null (John Rumm)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2022 17:20:13 +0000
 by: John Rumm - Sun, 6 Nov 2022 17:20 UTC

On 06/11/2022 17:09, tony sayer wrote:

> Anyone got any idea what they are called?, They're round around 10 mm
> dia about 15 mm long and have a threaded hole thru them so that say the
> end bed frame connects to the side bits that go from the top to the foot
> of the bed are held bu a threaded round M 5 or 6 so then they go into
> the wood and the bolts screw thru them and then they make a tight fixing
> and if anyone's got a Screwfix or Toolstation part number be great!...

Do you mean like a coupling nut or connector:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Coupling-Nuts/b?ie=UTF8&node=1938538031

or a threaded insert:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Screw-Carbon-Socket-Threaded-Furniture/dp/B07Y45K9GS

--
Cheers,

John.

Re: Bed frame fixing nuts? Round ones!

<Q033zKQDt+ZjFw+b@bancom.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=76739&group=uk.d-i-y#76739

From: ton...@bancom.co.uk (tony sayer)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2022 17:13:39 +0000
 by: tony sayer - Sun, 6 Nov 2022 17:13 UTC

In article <pjjJ2$PSp+ZjFw4q@bancom.co.uk>, tony sayer
<tony@bancom.co.uk> scribeth thus

>Anyone got any idea what they are called?, They're round around 10 mm
>dia about 15 mm long and have a threaded hole thru them so that say the
>end bed frame connects to the side bits that go from the top to the foot
>of the bed are held bu a threaded round M 5 or 6 so then they go into
>the wood and the bolts screw thru them and then they make a tight fixing
>and if anyone's got a Screwfix or Toolstation part number be great!...

Someone's just mailed me their called Cross Dowels!..

https://www.screwfix.com/p/cross-dowels-m6-x-16mm-50-pack/67762?cm_sp=ma
nagedredirect-_-screwsfixings-_-barrelnut&_requestid=399102
--
Tony Sayer

Re: Bed frame fixing nuts? Round ones!

<1dufmhti4jhqsdgl1jtrtavt59ttd89jjm@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=76747&group=uk.d-i-y#76747

From: cd...@notformail.com (Cursitor Doom)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2022 18:16:01 +0000
 by: Cursitor Doom - Sun, 6 Nov 2022 18:16 UTC

On Sun, 6 Nov 2022 17:09:38 +0000, tony sayer <tony@bancom.co.uk>
wrote:

>Anyone got any idea what they are called?, They're round around 10 mm
>dia about 15 mm long and have a threaded hole thru them so that say the
>end bed frame connects to the side bits that go from the top to the foot
>of the bed are held bu a threaded round M 5 or 6 so then they go into
>the wood and the bolts screw thru them and then they make a tight fixing
>and if anyone's got a Screwfix or Toolstation part number be great!...

I remember the old bolt-together, iron bedsteads. They were as rigid
as fuck; no give in them whatsoever. Anyone know what they were made
from?

Re: Bed frame fixing nuts? Round ones!

<7tdhmh9olrlsu3scldng59g96f26048vii@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=76782&group=uk.d-i-y#76782

From: jja...@blueyonder.co.uk (John Armstrong)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2022 07:56:09 +0000
 by: John Armstrong - Mon, 7 Nov 2022 07:56 UTC

On Sun, 06 Nov 2022 18:16:01 +0000, Cursitor Doom <cd@notformail.com>
wrote:

>On Sun, 6 Nov 2022 17:09:38 +0000, tony sayer <tony@bancom.co.uk>
>wrote:
>

>>Anyone got any idea what they are called?, They're round around 10 mm
>>dia about 15 mm long and have a threaded hole thru them so that say the
>>end bed frame connects to the side bits that go from the top to the foot
>>of the bed are held bu a threaded round M 5 or 6 so then they go into
>>the wood and the bolts screw thru them and then they make a tight fixing
>>and if anyone's got a Screwfix or Toolstation part number be great!...
>
>I remember the old bolt-together, iron bedsteads. They were as rigid
>as fuck; no give in them whatsoever. Anyone know what they were made
>from?

Cast iron, I think. Extremely heavy. We had one or two in the 60s, and
I remember assisting in their assembly. A "bed key" was required - ie
a ring spanner of about (IIRC) 5/8" or 3/4". The base was made of
spring steel.

Re: Bed frame fixing nuts? Round ones!

<tkai1m$3i44v$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=76790&group=uk.d-i-y#76790

From: brian1g...@gmail.com (Brian Gaff)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2022 09:10:13 -0000
 by: Brian Gaff - Mon, 7 Nov 2022 09:10 UTC

Are you sure about this? Most I've seen are in fact kind of abit like
expanding sections of those rawl bolt wall plugs, or they may have a kind of
star configuration to stop them rotating or just be attattached to metal or
wood in some other way.
Brian

--

--:
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
"tony sayer" <tony@bancom.co.uk> wrote in message

> Anyone got any idea what they are called?, They're round around 10 mm
> dia about 15 mm long and have a threaded hole thru them so that say the
> end bed frame connects to the side bits that go from the top to the foot
> of the bed are held bu a threaded round M 5 or 6 so then they go into
> the wood and the bolts screw thru them and then they make a tight fixing
> and if anyone's got a Screwfix or Toolstation part number be great!...
>

> --
> Tony Sayer
>

> Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
>
> Give him a keyboard, and he will reveal himself.

Re: Bed frame fixing nuts? Round ones!

<tkaksk$3iau5$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=76798&group=uk.d-i-y#76798

From: was...@nowhere.com (wasbit)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2022 09:58:47 +0000
 by: wasbit - Mon, 7 Nov 2022 09:58 UTC

On 06/11/2022 17:09, tony sayer wrote:

> Anyone got any idea what they are called?, They're round around 10 mm
> dia about 15 mm long and have a threaded hole thru them so that say the
> end bed frame connects to the side bits that go from the top to the foot
> of the bed are held bu a threaded round M 5 or 6 so then they go into
> the wood and the bolts screw thru them and then they make a tight fixing
> and if anyone's got a Screwfix or Toolstation part number be great!...

Screwfix

Screws, Nails & Fixings / Fixings & Fasteners / Furniture Fixings

Cross Dowels M6 x 16mm 50 Pack (67762) £4.29

Cross Dowel Nuts & Bolts - various
-
https://www.screwfix.com/c/screws-nails-fixings/cross-dowel-nuts-bolts/cat7280105?cm_sp=managedredirect-_-screws-_-crossdowelbolt

--
Regards
wasbit

Re: Bed frame fixing nuts? Round ones!

<uSRYaLRXDYajFwCv@bancom.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=76869&group=uk.d-i-y#76869

From: ton...@bancom.co.uk (tony sayer)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2022 22:04:07 +0000
 by: tony sayer - Mon, 7 Nov 2022 22:04 UTC

In article <tkai1m$3i44v$1@dont-email.me>, Brian Gaff
<brian1gaff@gmail.com> scribeth thus
>Are you sure about this? Most I've seen are in fact kind of abit like
>expanding sections of those rawl bolt wall plugs, or they may have a kind of
>star configuration to stop them rotating or just be attattached to metal or
>wood in some other way.
> Brian

I've got the right ones from screwfix and is now all sorted:)

thanks..
--
Tony Sayer