Will the third world war keep "Bosom Buddies" off the air?

aus+uk / uk.media.radio.archers / Re: OT: BBC Sounds web page

SubjectAuthor
* OT: BBC Sounds web pageJenny M Benson
+* OT: BBC Sounds web pageNick Odell
|`* OT: BBC Sounds web pageNick Odell
| +* OT: BBC Sounds web pageJ. P. Gilliver (John)
| |`- OT: BBC Sounds web pageNick Odell
| `* OT: BBC Sounds web pageBrritSki
|  `- OT: BBC Sounds web pageNick Odell
`- OT: BBC Sounds web pagePenny

1
OT: BBC Sounds web page

<jcn9nuF6rofU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7694&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7694

From: NemoN...@hotmail.co.uk (Jenny M Benson)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: OT: BBC Sounds web page
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 10:59:26 +0100
 by: Jenny M Benson - Mon, 25 Apr 2022 09:59 UTC

A couple of days ago I noticed that the big round "buttons" for
selecting the live Radio 4 Extra and Radio 4 channels had moved to
position 1 and 2 in the row, rather than between 4 and 5 where they used
to be.

As I can't see a way to move them myself, is this Windows 11 being
clever and noticing that these are the only "buttons" I use, and 4X more
often than 4?

Anyrat else noticed something like this?

--
Jenny M Benson
Wrexham, UK

Re: OT: BBC Sounds web page

<c7uc6hh4etf3mj3fl8216sndp323m4dpg5@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7698&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7698

From: nic...@themusicworkshop.plus.com (Nick Odell)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Re: OT: BBC Sounds web page
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 11:45:22 +0100
 by: Nick Odell - Mon, 25 Apr 2022 10:45 UTC

On Mon, 25 Apr 2022 10:59:26 +0100, Jenny M Benson
<NemoNews@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

>A couple of days ago I noticed that the big round "buttons" for
>selecting the live Radio 4 Extra and Radio 4 channels had moved to
>position 1 and 2 in the row, rather than between 4 and 5 where they used
>to be.
>
>As I can't see a way to move them myself, is this Windows 11 being
>clever and noticing that these are the only "buttons" I use, and 4X more
>often than 4?
>
>Anyrat else noticed something like this?

I only use BBC Sounds for the schedules because I object to signing in
and having my "experience" personalised. I suspect you've just had
your experience personalised!

If I want to listen to Radio 4 or Radio 4 Extra on line I go straight
to the stream:

https://stream.live.vc.bbcmedia.co.uk/bbc_radio_fourfm
https://stream.live.vc.bbcmedia.co.uk/bbc_radio_four_extra

No signing in required.

BBC Sounds now has Miley Cyrus at Glastonbury dominating the title
page. I wonder how long that will stay there once Nadine Dorries gets
to hear about it?

Nick

Re: OT: BBC Sounds web page

<envc6h5i3s39emc56opf1lpa6rlvno27rl@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7699&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7699

From: nic...@themusicworkshop.plus.com (Nick Odell)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 12:02:21 +0100
 by: Nick Odell - Mon, 25 Apr 2022 11:02 UTC

On Mon, 25 Apr 2022 11:45:22 +0100, Nick Odell
<nick@themusicworkshop.plus.com> wrote:

>On Mon, 25 Apr 2022 10:59:26 +0100, Jenny M Benson
><NemoNews@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>A couple of days ago I noticed that the big round "buttons" for
>>selecting the live Radio 4 Extra and Radio 4 channels had moved to
>>position 1 and 2 in the row, rather than between 4 and 5 where they used
>>to be.
>>
>>As I can't see a way to move them myself, is this Windows 11 being
>>clever and noticing that these are the only "buttons" I use, and 4X more
>>often than 4?
>>
>>Anyrat else noticed something like this?
>
>I only use BBC Sounds for the schedules because I object to signing in
>and having my "experience" personalised. I suspect you've just had
>your experience personalised!
>
>If I want to listen to Radio 4 or Radio 4 Extra on line I go straight
>to the stream:
>
>https://stream.live.vc.bbcmedia.co.uk/bbc_radio_fourfm
>https://stream.live.vc.bbcmedia.co.uk/bbc_radio_four_extra
>
>No signing in required.
>
>BBC Sounds now has Miley Cyrus at Glastonbury dominating the title
>page. I wonder how long that will stay there once Nadine Dorries gets
>to hear about it?

PS

Some sites store information about you on your own computer in
cookies: some store it in their computers in a profile. I don't how
BBC Sounds do it but you could try deleting your cookies and then
signing in again.

Nick

Re: OT: BBC Sounds web page

<6Bk+3L5bZoZiFwca@a.a>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7703&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7703

From: G6J...@255soft.uk (J. P. Gilliver (John))
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 12:30:35 +0100
 by: J. P. Gilliver (John - Mon, 25 Apr 2022 11:30 UTC

On Mon, 25 Apr 2022 at 12:02:21, Nick Odell
<nick@themusicworkshop.plus.com> wrote (my responses usually FOLLOW):
[]
>Some sites store information about you on your own computer in
>cookies: some store it in their computers in a profile. I don't how
>BBC Sounds do it but you could try deleting your cookies and then
>signing in again.
>
>Nick

Though only do so if you're familiar with working with cookies; i. e.,
only delete the ones associated with that. If you delete all cookies -
which a lot of browsers still show as an option that's rather too easy
to select - then at the very least, a lot of other sites will either not
work at all or will ask you to enter details and make selections all
over again (which in my case can be ones - both details and settings - I
made years ago, and have forgotten).

I'd rather trust the guys in the lab coats who aren't demanding that I get up
early on Sundays to apologize for being human.
-- Captain Splendid (quoted by "The Real Bev" in mozilla.general, 2014-11-16)

Re: OT: BBC Sounds web page

<jcngjnF84ffU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7705&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7705

From: rtilbury...@gmail.com (BrritSki)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 12:56:38 +0100
 by: BrritSki - Mon, 25 Apr 2022 11:56 UTC

On 25/04/2022 12:02, Nick Odell wrote:

> Some sites store information about you on your own computer in
> cookies: some store it in their computers in a profile. I don't how
> BBC Sounds do it but you could try deleting your cookies and then
> signing in again.

I have a Chrome add in to remove cookies for the site your on when you
click on the icon. The icon is supposed to be a cookie, but looks to me
like a nicely coiled turd which is rather apt imo.

Re: OT: BBC Sounds web page

<o42d6h5onksap6uvcfaljegg9fj0ahgdrl@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7706&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7706

From: nic...@themusicworkshop.plus.com (Nick Odell)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 12:58:19 +0100
 by: Nick Odell - Mon, 25 Apr 2022 11:58 UTC

On Mon, 25 Apr 2022 12:30:35 +0100, "J. P. Gilliver (John)"
<G6JPG@255soft.uk> wrote:

>On Mon, 25 Apr 2022 at 12:02:21, Nick Odell
><nick@themusicworkshop.plus.com> wrote (my responses usually FOLLOW):
>[]
>>Some sites store information about you on your own computer in
>>cookies: some store it in their computers in a profile. I don't how
>>BBC Sounds do it but you could try deleting your cookies and then
>>signing in again.
>>
>>Nick
>
>Though only do so if you're familiar with working with cookies; i. e.,
>only delete the ones associated with that. If you delete all cookies -
>which a lot of browsers still show as an option that's rather too easy
>to select - then at the very least, a lot of other sites will either not
>work at all or will ask you to enter details and make selections all
>over again (which in my case can be ones - both details and settings - I
>made years ago, and have forgotten).

It's all about what you are used to innit?

For general stuff I accept cookies but clear the browser on closing.
For anything serious - ie requiring personal information or passwords
and the like - I boot up a totally fresh browser instance and enter
all the personal information from scratch. At the end of the session
all my information gets nuked.

I'd respectfully suggest if you have details and settings that the
browser knows but you don't, you reclaim that knowledge PDQ. You and
your browser may not change but the people at the other end are always
making "improvements" which are likely to lock you out sooner or
later. DAMHIKT[1]

Nick
[1]Oh all right, Just one example then. The credit card company whose
only access was on-line. I set up a direct debit to pay the card off
in its entirety every month and the system ran like clockwork so I
didn't have to bother with it at all. Except - and without telling me
- if you don't log into your (lively and active) account for more than
12 months they delete your internet access. And how do you tell an
internet only company that they have deleted your internet access when
you have no internet access? I found the easiest thing to do was to
stop using the card and delete the direct debit.

Re: OT: BBC Sounds web page

<ei4d6h5t186eo1ana7ob1b27pvlgllss1f@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7716&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7716

From: spa...@labyrinth.freeuk.com (Penny)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 13:29:16 +0100
 by: Penny - Mon, 25 Apr 2022 12:29 UTC

On Mon, 25 Apr 2022 10:59:26 +0100, Jenny M Benson <NemoNews@hotmail.co.uk>
scrawled in the dust...

>A couple of days ago I noticed that the big round "buttons" for
>selecting the live Radio 4 Extra and Radio 4 channels had moved to
>position 1 and 2 in the row, rather than between 4 and 5 where they used
>to be.
>
>As I can't see a way to move them myself, is this Windows 11 being
>clever and noticing that these are the only "buttons" I use, and 4X more
>often than 4?
>
>Anyrat else noticed something like this?

I use the app on my tablet. The icon changed recently so there has been a
revamp.
It has always annoyed me greatly that its start page offered me R2 which I
never listen too, and when switching to schedules, R2 was on the 'now' time
but every other station showed the first show of the day - lost of
scrolling for whatever I was looking for.

Since the revamp I get 4X in the middle (rarely used) and timewise the
display still switches to 1st prog when I switch to R4 - I wish they
*would* tailor it to what I usually do or at least what I last did.
--
Penny
Annoyed by The Archers since 1959

Re: OT: BBC Sounds web page

<ic6d6h1ba0684bqp2khhct7k02uibu3ggl@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7719&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7719

From: nic...@themusicworkshop.plus.com (Nick Odell)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 13:56:05 +0100
 by: Nick Odell - Mon, 25 Apr 2022 12:56 UTC

On Mon, 25 Apr 2022 12:56:38 +0100, BrritSki
<rtilburyTAKEAWAY@gmail.com> wrote:

>On 25/04/2022 12:02, Nick Odell wrote:
>>
>> Some sites store information about you on your own computer in
>> cookies: some store it in their computers in a profile. I don't how
>> BBC Sounds do it but you could try deleting your cookies and then
>> signing in again.
>
>I have a Chrome add in to remove cookies for the site your on when you
>click on the icon. The icon is supposed to be a cookie, but looks to me
>like a nicely coiled turd which is rather apt imo.

I use the Chrome feature that deletes all cookies on closing. I also
switch off JavaScript in Chrome because it's easy to do in the
settings and makes some websites much more readable. If I want the
full-fat[1] experience I boot up Firefox with all bells and whistles.

Nick
[1]I wanted to write full-faff which might have been more appropriate.