In computing, the mean time to failure keeps getting shorter.

aus+uk / uk.d-i-y / Courier Woes

SubjectAuthor
* Courier WoesDavey
`* Re: Courier Woescharles
 +- Re: Courier WoesMartin Brown
 `* Re: Courier WoesChris Green
  +- Re: Courier WoesDavey
  `* Re: Courier Woes updateDavey
   `* Re: Courier Woes updateDavey
    `- Re: Courier Woes SOLVEDDavey

1
Courier Woes

<tkjueo$ko34$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=77234&group=uk.d-i-y#77234

From: dav...@example.invalid (Davey)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Subject: Courier Woes
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2022 22:37:12 +0000
 by: Davey - Thu, 10 Nov 2022 22:37 UTC

Here, we have always had excellent service from the local Hermes,
sorry, Evri, driver. He is good, and provides service way beyond what I
see others receiving.
On the other hand, Yodel has been consistently unreliable.
And so it proved to be today. I had a message this morning that a
package, that I was expecting urgently, was 'on its way'. It was to be
delivered by 8 pm.
So I stayed in the house all day, without the opportunity to go to the
shops, and there was nothing. I checked my e-mails just now, and I saw
the message: "Now expected 11 November - 15 November". Yodel is still
my most un-favourite courier. The item was ordered yesterday, from
Amazon, for one-day delivery.
It is a good thing that the item was not medically-critical.
I shall complain to Amazon, and see what happens.

--
Davey.

Re: Courier Woes

<5a459228c1charles@candehope.me.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=77267&group=uk.d-i-y#77267

From: char...@candehope.me.uk (charles)
Subject: Re: Courier Woes
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2022 08:03:52 +0000 (GMT)
 by: charles - Fri, 11 Nov 2022 08:03 UTC

In article <tkjueo$ko34$1@dont-email.me>,
Davey <davey@example.invalid> wrote:
> Here, we have always had excellent service from the local Hermes,
> sorry, Evri, driver. He is good, and provides service way beyond what I
> see others receiving.
> On the other hand, Yodel has been consistently unreliable.
> And so it proved to be today. I had a message this morning that a
> package, that I was expecting urgently, was 'on its way'. It was to be
> delivered by 8 pm.
> So I stayed in the house all day, without the opportunity to go to the
> shops, and there was nothing. I checked my e-mails just now, and I saw
> the message: "Now expected 11 November - 15 November". Yodel is still
> my most un-favourite courier. The item was ordered yesterday, from
> Amazon, for one-day delivery.
> It is a good thing that the item was not medically-critical.
> I shall complain to Amazon, and see what happens.

Yesterday, I had a perfect delivery from Yodel (I followed their tracking
info), but I'm still waiting for something via Hermes (or whatever their
current name is)

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England - sent from my RISC OS 4té

Re: Courier Woes

<tkl3lb$1d59$2@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=77270&group=uk.d-i-y#77270

From: '''newsp...@nonad.co.uk (Martin Brown)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2022 09:12:10 +0000
 by: Martin Brown - Fri, 11 Nov 2022 09:12 UTC

On 11/11/2022 08:03, charles wrote:
> In article <tkjueo$ko34$1@dont-email.me>,
> Davey <davey@example.invalid> wrote:
>> Here, we have always had excellent service from the local Hermes,
>> sorry, Evri, driver. He is good, and provides service way beyond what I
>> see others receiving.
>> On the other hand, Yodel has been consistently unreliable.
>> And so it proved to be today. I had a message this morning that a
>> package, that I was expecting urgently, was 'on its way'. It was to be
>> delivered by 8 pm.
>> So I stayed in the house all day, without the opportunity to go to the
>> shops, and there was nothing. I checked my e-mails just now, and I saw
>> the message: "Now expected 11 November - 15 November". Yodel is still
>> my most un-favourite courier. The item was ordered yesterday, from
>> Amazon, for one-day delivery.
>> It is a good thing that the item was not medically-critical.
>> I shall complain to Amazon, and see what happens.
>
> Yesterday, I had a perfect delivery from Yodel (I followed their tracking
> info), but I'm still waiting for something via Hermes (or whatever their
> current name is)

It is luck of the draw with couriers these days. They are paid next to
nothing for doing it so it can't be a surprise that quality suffers.

My regular couriers are all pretty good but when they are on hols...

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

Re: Courier Woes

<1pi14j-iv5o1.ln1@esprimo.zbmc.eu>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=77279&group=uk.d-i-y#77279

From: cl...@isbd.net (Chris Green)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2022 09:55:13 +0000
 by: Chris Green - Fri, 11 Nov 2022 09:55 UTC

charles <charles@candehope.me.uk> wrote:
> In article <tkjueo$ko34$1@dont-email.me>,
> Davey <davey@example.invalid> wrote:
> > Here, we have always had excellent service from the local Hermes,
> > sorry, Evri, driver. He is good, and provides service way beyond what I
> > see others receiving.
> > On the other hand, Yodel has been consistently unreliable.
> > And so it proved to be today. I had a message this morning that a
> > package, that I was expecting urgently, was 'on its way'. It was to be
> > delivered by 8 pm.
> > So I stayed in the house all day, without the opportunity to go to the
> > shops, and there was nothing. I checked my e-mails just now, and I saw
> > the message: "Now expected 11 November - 15 November". Yodel is still
> > my most un-favourite courier. The item was ordered yesterday, from
> > Amazon, for one-day delivery.
> > It is a good thing that the item was not medically-critical.
> > I shall complain to Amazon, and see what happens.
>
> Yesterday, I had a perfect delivery from Yodel (I followed their tracking
> info), but I'm still waiting for something via Hermes (or whatever their
> current name is)

As I and others keep repeating, the goodness or badness of delivery
firms has very, very little connection with the 'brand'. It's down to
the local management and/or local franchise actually running the
service in your area.

--
Chris Green
·

Re: Courier Woes

<tkl7d3$qqrq$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=77282&group=uk.d-i-y#77282

From: dav...@example.invalid (Davey)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2022 10:16:03 +0000
 by: Davey - Fri, 11 Nov 2022 10:16 UTC

On Fri, 11 Nov 2022 09:55:13 +0000
Chris Green <cl@isbd.net> wrote:

> charles <charles@candehope.me.uk> wrote:
> > In article <tkjueo$ko34$1@dont-email.me>,
> > Davey <davey@example.invalid> wrote:
> > > Here, we have always had excellent service from the local Hermes,
> > > sorry, Evri, driver. He is good, and provides service way beyond
> > > what I see others receiving.
> > > On the other hand, Yodel has been consistently unreliable.
> > > And so it proved to be today. I had a message this morning that a
> > > package, that I was expecting urgently, was 'on its way'. It was
> > > to be delivered by 8 pm.
> > > So I stayed in the house all day, without the opportunity to go
> > > to the shops, and there was nothing. I checked my e-mails just
> > > now, and I saw the message: "Now expected 11 November - 15
> > > November". Yodel is still my most un-favourite courier. The item
> > > was ordered yesterday, from Amazon, for one-day delivery.
> > > It is a good thing that the item was not medically-critical.
> > > I shall complain to Amazon, and see what happens.
> >
> > Yesterday, I had a perfect delivery from Yodel (I followed their
> > tracking info), but I'm still waiting for something via Hermes (or
> > whatever their current name is)
> >
> As I and others keep repeating, the goodness or badness of delivery
> firms has very, very little connection with the 'brand'. It's down to
> the local management and/or local franchise actually running the
> service in your area.

Yes, agreed. Our local Evri guy is superb, Yodel always seem to be
defective.
Following up on my non-delivery, I spent ages going round in circles on
the Amazon website. Attempts to contact the seller just gave me a 'bot,
that failed to answer my questions, and sent me back to square one.
Amazon has a Courier Contact page, but, guess what, Yodel isn't listed.
And the revised delivery date of Nov. 15 has now been revised to Nov.
18. I was supposed to be using the item, a valve, today.
I left a bad review of the Seller, hoping that that might jog somebody
into doing something useful. I will willingly correct it later, if I
get the valve soon.
This is a failure by Amazon, compounded by the use of Yodel as a
courier.
Watch this space!
--
Davey.

Re: Courier Woes update

<tklbqf$qqrq$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=77292&group=uk.d-i-y#77292

From: dav...@example.invalid (Davey)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Subject: Re: Courier Woes update
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2022 11:31:27 +0000
 by: Davey - Fri, 11 Nov 2022 11:31 UTC

On Fri, 11 Nov 2022 09:55:13 +0000
Chris Green <cl@isbd.net> wrote:

> charles <charles@candehope.me.uk> wrote:
> > In article <tkjueo$ko34$1@dont-email.me>,
> > Davey <davey@example.invalid> wrote:
> > > Here, we have always had excellent service from the local Hermes,
> > > sorry, Evri, driver. He is good, and provides service way beyond
> > > what I see others receiving.
> > > On the other hand, Yodel has been consistently unreliable.
> > > And so it proved to be today. I had a message this morning that a
> > > package, that I was expecting urgently, was 'on its way'. It was
> > > to be delivered by 8 pm.
> > > So I stayed in the house all day, without the opportunity to go
> > > to the shops, and there was nothing. I checked my e-mails just
> > > now, and I saw the message: "Now expected 11 November - 15
> > > November". Yodel is still my most un-favourite courier. The item
> > > was ordered yesterday, from Amazon, for one-day delivery.
> > > It is a good thing that the item was not medically-critical.
> > > I shall complain to Amazon, and see what happens.
> >
> > Yesterday, I had a perfect delivery from Yodel (I followed their
> > tracking info), but I'm still waiting for something via Hermes (or
> > whatever their current name is)
> >
> As I and others keep repeating, the goodness or badness of delivery
> firms has very, very little connection with the 'brand'. It's down to
> the local management and/or local franchise actually running the
> service in your area.

Now for the confusing bit. The Amazon Tracking page still shows
yesterday's Nov. 15 message. But Yodel's page shows delivery set for
today, which makes sense.card Which one will be the true one?
It's a bit like the Three Card Trick.
--
Davey.

Re: Courier Woes update

<tklc0s$qqrq$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=77293&group=uk.d-i-y#77293

From: dav...@example.invalid (Davey)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2022 11:34:52 +0000
 by: Davey - Fri, 11 Nov 2022 11:34 UTC

On Fri, 11 Nov 2022 11:31:27 +0000
Davey <davey@example.invalid> wrote:

> On Fri, 11 Nov 2022 09:55:13 +0000
> Chris Green <cl@isbd.net> wrote:
>
> > charles <charles@candehope.me.uk> wrote:
> > >
> > > Yesterday, I had a perfect delivery from Yodel (I followed their
> > > tracking info), but I'm still waiting for something via Hermes (or
> > > whatever their current name is)
> > >
> > As I and others keep repeating, the goodness or badness of delivery
> > firms has very, very little connection with the 'brand'. It's down
> > to the local management and/or local franchise actually running the
> > service in your area.
> >
> Now for the confusing bit. The Amazon Tracking page still shows
> yesterday's Nov. 15 message. But Yodel's page shows delivery set for
> today, which makes sense.card Which one will be the true one?
> It's a bit like the Three Card Trick.

Now for the REALLY confusing bit;
" Parcel status
Your driver is currently making stop Number 1 of 171.
*This delivery will require a photo in your open door
Estimated time due:
18:00 - 20:00
Stops before you:
138"
I think I'll do my errands after lunch.
--
Davey.

Re: Courier Woes SOLVED

<tkm6fq$ts41$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=77338&group=uk.d-i-y#77338

From: dav...@example.invalid (Davey)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Subject: Re: Courier Woes SOLVED
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2022 19:06:34 +0000
 by: Davey - Fri, 11 Nov 2022 19:06 UTC

On Fri, 11 Nov 2022 11:34:52 +0000
Davey <davey@example.invalid> wrote:

> On Fri, 11 Nov 2022 11:31:27 +0000
> Davey <davey@example.invalid> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 11 Nov 2022 09:55:13 +0000
> > Chris Green <cl@isbd.net> wrote:

snip

> Now for the REALLY confusing bit;
> " Parcel status
> Your driver is currently making stop Number 1 of 171.
> *This delivery will require a photo in your open door
> Estimated time due:
> 18:00 - 20:00
> Stops before you:
> 138"