By nature, men are nearly alike; by practice, they get to be wide apart. -- Confucius

aus+uk / uk.rec.sheds / Anyone remember those spams that seemed to be a lot of random words?

SubjectAuthor
* Anyone remember those spams that seemed to be a lot of random words?Brian Gaff \(Sofa\)
+* Anyone remember those spams that seemed to be a lot of randomAhem A Rivet's Shot
|`* Anyone remember those spams that seemed to be a lot of random words?Brian Gaff \(Sofa\)
| +- Anyone remember those spams that seemed to be a lot of randomAhem A Rivet's Shot
| +* Anyone remember those spams that seemed to be a lot of random words?crn
| |`* Anyone remember those spams that seemed to be a lot of random words?Nicholas D. Richards
| | `* Anyone remember those spams that seemed to be a lot of random words?Peter
| |  +* Anyone remember those spams that seemed to be a lot of random words?Nicholas D. Richards
| |  |+- Anyone remember those spams that seemed to be a lot of randomAhem A Rivet's Shot
| |  |`- Anyone remember those spams that seemed to be a lot of randomSam Plusnet
| |  +- Anyone remember those spams that seemed to be a lot of randommaus
| |  +- Anyone remember those spams that seemed to be a lot of randomAhem A Rivet's Shot
| |  `* Anyone remember those spams that seemed to be a lot of randomRichard Robinson
| |   `* Anyone remember those spams that seemed to be a lot of randomTease'n'Seize
| |    +* Anyone remember those spams that seemed to be a lot of randomRichard Robinson
| |    |`- Anyone remember those spams that seemed to be a lot of randomChrisND@privacy.net
| |    `* Anyone remember those spams that seemed to be a lot of randomTone
| |     +- Anyone remember those spams that seemed to be a lot ofTim+
| |     `* Anyone remember those spams that seemed to be a lot of random words?Nicholas D. Richards
| |      `* Anyone remember those spams that seemed to be a lot of randomJohn Williamson
| |       `- Anyone remember those spams that seemed to be a lot of randomAhem A Rivet's Shot
| `- Anyone remember those spams that seemed to be a lot of randomBernard Peek
`* Anyone remember those spams that seemed to be a lot of random words?Nick Odell
 +- Anyone remember those spams that seemed to be a lot of random words?Brian Gaff \(Sofa\)
 `* Anyone remember those spams that seemed to be a lot of random words?Brian Gaff \(Sofa\)
  `- Anyone remember those spams that seemed to be a lot of randommaus

Pages:12
Anyone remember those spams that seemed to be a lot of random words?

<svfjcg$n17$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7782&group=uk.rec.sheds#7782

From: bria...@blueyonder.co.uk (Brian Gaff \(Sofa\))
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Subject: Anyone remember those spams that seemed to be a lot of random words?
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2022 10:22:08 -0000
 by: Brian Gaff \(Sofa\) - Sun, 27 Feb 2022 10:22 UTC

Well they have started up again...

panegyrical dineros chapleted violatory snipping ticketless riv Locarnist
slipnoose probatum
maeing earmark bull-bait suilline dubba fallacy's walnut-paneled
mushroom-colored barrel-chested revelational
hymnologic bears propanone kindled A.B.A. warmed wind-instrumental wheat-fed
riposted grantable
spice-bearing angelological belute prepayment ultrawise abampere Thomist
trestlewise adinidan gaupus
ten-cell fistula Persephassa pathography epopoeist Schizopoda pancreectomy
Sauncho genous cantatrices
surv. misbiases Evaristus biodegrades paradoctor jocuno nonfantasies
out-of-place finites strangled
well-rigged out-pension reviewable FTL devisable afforestation clingstone
egromancy triphenylated unhopefully
ravioli steps water-wheel gulfiest soon-parted Shannon mammogen foreteller
valleywise bedsheets
orthic Wyeth swarths ullagone Mayeda asis noncontingently riband-shaped
undergirder patcheries
moistnesses Morville able-bodied ecologists leachates ethnically ringhead
conterraneous gold-leaf evasions

====
Search the email as I might, I can find no purppose in it at all, no links
even the email it came from is bogus, and yet it arrived yesterday.

Strange. I blame the Government.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk
Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!

Re: Anyone remember those spams that seemed to be a lot of random words?

<20220227104642.fcbda44bb0f68ff058180dd3@eircom.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7783&group=uk.rec.sheds#7783

From: ste...@eircom.net (Ahem A Rivet's Shot)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Subject: Re: Anyone remember those spams that seemed to be a lot of random
words?
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2022 10:46:42 +0000
 by: Ahem A Rivet's - Sun, 27 Feb 2022 10:46 UTC

On Sun, 27 Feb 2022 10:22:08 -0000
"Brian Gaff \(Sofa\)" <briang1@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> Search the email as I might, I can find no purppose in it at all, no
> links even the email it came from is bogus, and yet it arrived yesterday.

The noise words are intended to confuse spam detectors by making
the spam content a small fraction of the total - often they were surrounded
with HTML markup to make them invisible so the human saw the pure spam and
the computer saw a big body of text with a few questionable bits. I think
most spam filters got updated to spot this which is why it appeared to stop
happening - looks like someone's found a way past them.

--
Steve O'Hara-Smith
Odds and Ends at http://www.sohara.org/

Re: Anyone remember those spams that seemed to be a lot of random words?

<ai3n1hh16argsm33994undj86oiugm6blf@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7784&group=uk.rec.sheds#7784

From: nic...@themusicworkshop.plus.com (Nick Odell)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2022 15:00:37 +0000
 by: Nick Odell - Sun, 27 Feb 2022 15:00 UTC

On Sun, 27 Feb 2022 10:22:08 -0000, "Brian Gaff \(Sofa\)"
<briang1@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> Well they have started up again...

<snip>

>====
> Search the email as I might, I can find no purppose in it at all, no links
>even the email it came from is bogus, and yet it arrived yesterday.
>
>Strange. I blame the Government.

You might be right. But who's government?

I think I heard it on Radio 4's PM programme - some time after the
start of the Russian build up but some time before the real
unpleasantness began - that short-wave numbers stations have started
popping up again. Apart from those that never went away in the first
place. Have you or any of your SWL associates noticed anything?

Nick

Re: Anyone remember those spams that seemed to be a lot of random words?

<sviq0e$pdl$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7791&group=uk.rec.sheds#7791

From: bria...@blueyonder.co.uk (Brian Gaff \(Sofa\))
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2022 15:33:32 -0000
 by: Brian Gaff \(Sofa\) - Mon, 28 Feb 2022 15:33 UTC

Yes but there is absolutely no other links on the whole thing, so it seems
its all for nought.
I think it sounds vaguely Italian.

"Ahem A Rivet's Shot" <steveo@eircom.net> wrote in message
> On Sun, 27 Feb 2022 10:22:08 -0000
> "Brian Gaff \(Sofa\)" <briang1@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> Search the email as I might, I can find no purppose in it at all, no
>> links even the email it came from is bogus, and yet it arrived yesterday.
>
> The noise words are intended to confuse spam detectors by making
> the spam content a small fraction of the total - often they were
> surrounded
> with HTML markup to make them invisible so the human saw the pure spam and
> the computer saw a big body of text with a few questionable bits. I think
> most spam filters got updated to spot this which is why it appeared to
> stop
> happening - looks like someone's found a way past them.
>
> --
> Steve O'Hara-Smith
> Odds and Ends at http://www.sohara.org/

Re: Anyone remember those spams that seemed to be a lot of random words?

<sviq3v$q9n$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7792&group=uk.rec.sheds#7792

From: bria...@blueyonder.co.uk (Brian Gaff \(Sofa\))
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2022 15:35:25 -0000
 by: Brian Gaff \(Sofa\) - Mon, 28 Feb 2022 15:35 UTC

Not really, there is now so much interference from the poweline adaptors and
switch mode wall warts that in order to get much you really need a portable
and a reel of wire over a tree!

"Nick Odell" <nick@themusicworkshop.plus.com> wrote in message
> On Sun, 27 Feb 2022 10:22:08 -0000, "Brian Gaff \(Sofa\)"
> <briang1@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> Well they have started up again...
>>
> <snip>
>>

>>====
>> Search the email as I might, I can find no purppose in it at all, no
>> links
>>even the email it came from is bogus, and yet it arrived yesterday.
>>
>>Strange. I blame the Government.
>
> You might be right. But who's government?
>
> I think I heard it on Radio 4's PM programme - some time after the
> start of the Russian build up but some time before the real
> unpleasantness began - that short-wave numbers stations have started
> popping up again. Apart from those that never went away in the first
> place. Have you or any of your SWL associates noticed anything?
>
> Nick

Re: Anyone remember those spams that seemed to be a lot of random words?

<sviqa9$rvc$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7793&group=uk.rec.sheds#7793

From: bria...@blueyonder.co.uk (Brian Gaff \(Sofa\))
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2022 15:38:48 -0000
 by: Brian Gaff \(Sofa\) - Mon, 28 Feb 2022 15:38 UTC

One thing I have noticed is the return of the woodpecker though, Its not as
all encompassing as it was, since its more than likely coming from China now
and perhaps a bit more sophisticated than the one in the forest in Ukraine
was, which is now rusty and just a curiosity.
Over the horizon ionosphere radar I thought was discredited now and since
there are so many other ways to spot strange goings on then they would seem
to be pointless unless the tin foil hat brigade who talk about mind control
are after all, correct of course.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk
Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Nick Odell" <nick@themusicworkshop.plus.com> wrote in message
> On Sun, 27 Feb 2022 10:22:08 -0000, "Brian Gaff \(Sofa\)"
> <briang1@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> Well they have started up again...
>>
> <snip>
>>

>>====
>> Search the email as I might, I can find no purppose in it at all, no
>> links
>>even the email it came from is bogus, and yet it arrived yesterday.
>>
>>Strange. I blame the Government.
>
> You might be right. But who's government?
>
> I think I heard it on Radio 4's PM programme - some time after the
> start of the Russian build up but some time before the real
> unpleasantness began - that short-wave numbers stations have started
> popping up again. Apart from those that never went away in the first
> place. Have you or any of your SWL associates noticed anything?
>
> Nick

Re: Anyone remember those spams that seemed to be a lot of random words?

<20220228160916.a49ecba6e731e210bd8b6eac@eircom.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7794&group=uk.rec.sheds#7794

From: ste...@eircom.net (Ahem A Rivet's Shot)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
words?
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2022 16:09:16 +0000
 by: Ahem A Rivet's - Mon, 28 Feb 2022 16:09 UTC

On Mon, 28 Feb 2022 15:33:32 -0000
"Brian Gaff \(Sofa\)" <briang1@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> Yes but there is absolutely no other links on the whole thing, so it
> seems its all for nought.

Buggy spam generator software probably - there's a lot of it about.

--
Steve O'Hara-Smith
Odds and Ends at http://www.sohara.org/

Re: Anyone remember those spams that seemed to be a lot of random words?

<svjtkp$i0o$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7803&group=uk.rec.sheds#7803

From: crn...@nospam.com
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2022 01:41:47 -0000 (UTC)
 by: crn...@nospam.com - Tue, 1 Mar 2022 01:41 UTC

"Brian Gaff \(Sofa\)" <briang1@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> Yes but there is absolutely no other links on the whole thing, so it seems
> its all for nought.
> I think it sounds vaguely Italian.
> Brian

Possibly building a list of non-bouncing addresses for a mailing/spam list.

--
http://www.netunix.com/

Re: Anyone remember those spams that seemed to be a lot of random words?

<4X+xtnAA0fHiFAN7@salmiron.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7807&group=uk.rec.sheds#7807

From: nicho...@salmiron.com (Nicholas D. Richards)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2022 11:01:20 +0000
 by: Nicholas D. Richards - Tue, 1 Mar 2022 11:01 UTC

In article <svjtkp$i0o$1@dont-email.me>, crn@nospam.com on Tue, 1 Mar
2022 at 01:41:47 awoke Nicholas from his slumbers and wrote
>"Brian Gaff \(Sofa\)" <briang1@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>> Yes but there is absolutely no other links on the whole thing, so it seems
>> its all for nought.
>> I think it sounds vaguely Italian.
>> Brian
>
>Possibly building a list of non-bouncing addresses for a mailing/spam list.

Not much use to them these days. How would they know? Most spam goes
into a bottomless spam bucket these days, without a bounce.
--
0sterc@tcher -

"Où sont les neiges d'antan?"

Re: Anyone remember those spams that seemed to be a lot of random words?

<slrnt1s9tb.jv2.bap@gamma.gizmodynamics.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7813&group=uk.rec.sheds#7813

From: bap...@shrdlu.com (Bernard Peek)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
words?
Date: 1 Mar 2022 14:03:23 GMT
 by: Bernard Peek - Tue, 1 Mar 2022 14:03 UTC

On 2022-02-28, Brian Gaff (Sofa) <briang1@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

Spam filtering uses AI techniques to identify targets. The 'word salad' will
be designed to confuse the AI. The intention is to make those filters less
effective or to make them block genuine mail and so make them less
convenient to use.

--
Bernard Peek
bap@shrdlu.com

Re: Anyone remember those spams that seemed to be a lot of random words?

<XnsAE4D9662C9357Factura3476@144.76.35.252>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7816&group=uk.rec.sheds#7816

From: mys...@prune.org.uk (Peter)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2022 14:47:00 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Peter - Tue, 1 Mar 2022 14:47 UTC

"Nicholas D. Richards" <nicholas@salmiron.com> wrote in

> In article <svjtkp$i0o$1@dont-email.me>, crn@nospam.com on Tue, 1 Mar
> 2022 at 01:41:47 awoke Nicholas from his slumbers and wrote
>>"Brian Gaff \(Sofa\)" <briang1@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>>> Yes but there is absolutely no other links on the whole thing, so it
>>> seems its all for nought.
>>> I think it sounds vaguely Italian.
>>> Brian
>>
>>Possibly building a list of non-bouncing addresses for a mailing/spam
>>list.
>>
> Not much use to them these days. How would they know? Most spam goes
> into a bottomless spam bucket these days, without a bounce.

I've just started again receiving emails asking me to help move improbable
quantities of dosh. It's a while since I saw one of those. These various
types of scam seem to go in cycles, and I wonder if they are perhaps driven
by primary scammers who are selling scamming kits to clueless secondary
scammers. So the main profit is made from the sale of the scamming kits
until that market is temporarily saturated.

A while ago I answered a few of those emails just to see how far I could
string the blighters on - quite a long way it seems, which led me to the
conclusion that on the whole the secondary scammers don't have much going
on between the ears and quite possibly they are the real victms. Fun for a
while but it soon gets boring.

--
Peter
-----

Re: Anyone remember those spams that seemed to be a lot of random words?

<R7o7G+AZbjHiFAqm@salmiron.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7818&group=uk.rec.sheds#7818

From: nicho...@salmiron.com (Nicholas D. Richards)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2022 15:08:09 +0000
 by: Nicholas D. Richards - Tue, 1 Mar 2022 15:08 UTC

In article <XnsAE4D9662C9357Factura3476@144.76.35.252>, Peter
<myshed@prune.org.uk> on Tue, 1 Mar 2022 at 14:47:00 awoke Nicholas
from his slumbers and wrote
>"Nicholas D. Richards" <nicholas@salmiron.com> wrote in
>
>> In article <svjtkp$i0o$1@dont-email.me>, crn@nospam.com on Tue, 1 Mar
>> 2022 at 01:41:47 awoke Nicholas from his slumbers and wrote
>>>
>>>Possibly building a list of non-bouncing addresses for a mailing/spam
>>>list.
>>>
>> Not much use to them these days. How would they know? Most spam goes
>> into a bottomless spam bucket these days, without a bounce.
>
>I've just started again receiving emails asking me to help move improbable
>quantities of dosh. It's a while since I saw one of those. These various
>types of scam seem to go in cycles, and I wonder if they are perhaps driven
>by primary scammers who are selling scamming kits to clueless secondary
>scammers. So the main profit is made from the sale of the scamming kits
>until that market is temporarily saturated.
>
>A while ago I answered a few of those emails just to see how far I could
>string the blighters on - quite a long way it seems, which led me to the
>conclusion that on the whole the secondary scammers don't have much going
>on between the ears and quite possibly they are the real victms. Fun for a
>while but it soon gets boring.

Recently I had a phone call, CLI was a Lunnon number, Indian scammer
accent, claiming to be from BT internet, I had suspicious activity on my
router, he was there to sort me out.

Says I in a perfectly reasonable voice, you are about to infect my PC
and then scam some money out of me.

Answer came back, "Yes". Short silence, because I could not think of
anything to say and I think he had surprised himself. Then I said, "I do
not think there is any point in continuing", to which he replied, "Nor
do I". Click

So different to the scammer from the Inland Revenue who angrily
threatened to send round the police to lock me up for 10 years.
--
0sterc@tcher -

"Où sont les neiges d'antan?"

Re: Anyone remember those spams that seemed to be a lot of random words?

<slrnt1seti.9ug.maus@dmaus.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7820&group=uk.rec.sheds#7820

From: mau...@dmaus.org (maus)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
words?
Date: 1 Mar 2022 15:28:50 GMT
 by: maus - Tue, 1 Mar 2022 15:28 UTC

On 2022-02-28, Brian Gaff (Sofa) <briang1@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> One thing I have noticed is the return of the woodpecker though, Its not as
> all encompassing as it was, since its more than likely coming from China now
> and perhaps a bit more sophisticated than the one in the forest in Ukraine
> was, which is now rusty and just a curiosity.
> Over the horizon ionosphere radar I thought was discredited now and since
> there are so many other ways to spot strange goings on then they would seem
> to be pointless unless the tin foil hat brigade who talk about mind control
> are after all, correct of course.
> Brian

I was in Amman before my legs gave way, and did the usual tours, one of
which went to an area where there had been a lake (to the east of
Amman), so I read up about it. Some years ago, Amman being the usual
sprawl now, and needed more water, so they piped the water to Amman.
What happened to the many birds that stopped there on their flights
north and south was not mentioned.

--
greymausg@mail.com
That's not a mousehole!

Re: Anyone remember those spams that seemed to be a lot of random words?

<slrnt1sfc1.avb.maus@dmaus.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7823&group=uk.rec.sheds#7823

From: mau...@dmaus.org (maus)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
words?
Date: 1 Mar 2022 15:36:33 GMT
 by: maus - Tue, 1 Mar 2022 15:36 UTC

On 2022-03-01, Peter <myshed@prune.org.uk> wrote:
> "Nicholas D. Richards" <nicholas@salmiron.com> wrote in
>
>> In article <svjtkp$i0o$1@dont-email.me>, crn@nospam.com on Tue, 1 Mar
>> 2022 at 01:41:47 awoke Nicholas from his slumbers and wrote
>>>
>>>Possibly building a list of non-bouncing addresses for a mailing/spam
>>>list.
>>>
>> Not much use to them these days. How would they know? Most spam goes
>> into a bottomless spam bucket these days, without a bounce.
>
> I've just started again receiving emails asking me to help move improbable
> quantities of dosh. It's a while since I saw one of those. These various
> types of scam seem to go in cycles, and I wonder if they are perhaps driven
> by primary scammers who are selling scamming kits to clueless secondary
> scammers. So the main profit is made from the sale of the scamming kits
> until that market is temporarily saturated.
>
> A while ago I answered a few of those emails just to see how far I could
> string the blighters on - quite a long way it seems, which led me to the
> conclusion that on the whole the secondary scammers don't have much going
> on between the ears and quite possibly they are the real victms. Fun for a
> while but it soon gets boring.

People in Ghana and Equador are calling me. I don't answer

--
greymausg@mail.com
That's not a mousehole!

Re: Anyone remember those spams that seemed to be a lot of random words?

<20220301153020.e28846d89caa10dee651907e@eircom.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7826&group=uk.rec.sheds#7826

From: ste...@eircom.net (Ahem A Rivet's Shot)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
words?
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2022 15:30:20 +0000
 by: Ahem A Rivet's - Tue, 1 Mar 2022 15:30 UTC

On Tue, 1 Mar 2022 14:47:00 -0000 (UTC)
Peter <myshed@prune.org.uk> wrote:

> I wonder if they are perhaps driven
> by primary scammers who are selling scamming kits to clueless secondary
> scammers. So the main profit is made from the sale of the scamming kits
> until that market is temporarily saturated.

This seems very likely as from time to time I get spam with obvious
placeholders like MESSAGE_SUBJECT in it.

--
Steve O'Hara-Smith
Odds and Ends at http://www.sohara.org/

Re: Anyone remember those spams that seemed to be a lot of random words?

<20220301163600.88c9651586386eae1848723a@eircom.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7829&group=uk.rec.sheds#7829

From: ste...@eircom.net (Ahem A Rivet's Shot)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
words?
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2022 16:36:00 +0000
 by: Ahem A Rivet's - Tue, 1 Mar 2022 16:36 UTC

On Tue, 1 Mar 2022 15:08:09 +0000
"Nicholas D. Richards" <nicholas@salmiron.com> wrote:

> Recently I had a phone call, CLI was a Lunnon number, Indian scammer
> accent, claiming to be from BT internet, I had suspicious activity on my
> router, he was there to sort me out.
>
> Says I in a perfectly reasonable voice, you are about to infect my PC
> and then scam some money out of me.

I've never had one of those, which is a pity as they'd have no luck
at all coping with my mostly FreeBSD based set up but it would be fun
watching them try - especially if they're clever enough to ask if I'm using
Linux.

--
Steve O'Hara-Smith
Odds and Ends at http://www.sohara.org/

Re: Anyone remember those spams that seemed to be a lot of random words?

<XlvTJ.94004$5Ta3.41940@fx05.ams1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7832&group=uk.rec.sheds#7832

words?
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
From: not...@home.com (Sam Plusnet)
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2022 20:28:39 +0000
 by: Sam Plusnet - Tue, 1 Mar 2022 20:28 UTC

On 01-Mar-22 15:08, Nicholas D. Richards wrote:
> In article <XnsAE4D9662C9357Factura3476@144.76.35.252>, Peter
> <myshed@prune.org.uk> on Tue, 1 Mar 2022 at 14:47:00 awoke Nicholas
> from his slumbers and wrote
>> "Nicholas D. Richards" <nicholas@salmiron.com> wrote in
>>
>>> In article <svjtkp$i0o$1@dont-email.me>, crn@nospam.com on Tue, 1 Mar
>>> 2022 at 01:41:47 awoke Nicholas from his slumbers and wrote

>>> Not much use to them these days. How would they know? Most spam goes
>>> into a bottomless spam bucket these days, without a bounce.
>>
>> I've just started again receiving emails asking me to help move improbable
>> quantities of dosh. It's a while since I saw one of those. These various
>> types of scam seem to go in cycles, and I wonder if they are perhaps driven
>> by primary scammers who are selling scamming kits to clueless secondary
>> scammers. So the main profit is made from the sale of the scamming kits
>> until that market is temporarily saturated.
>>
>> A while ago I answered a few of those emails just to see how far I could
>> string the blighters on - quite a long way it seems, which led me to the
>> conclusion that on the whole the secondary scammers don't have much going
>> on between the ears and quite possibly they are the real victms. Fun for a
>> while but it soon gets boring.
>>
> Recently I had a phone call, CLI was a Lunnon number, Indian scammer
> accent, claiming to be from BT internet, I had suspicious activity on my
> router, he was there to sort me out.
>
> Says I in a perfectly reasonable voice, you are about to infect my PC
> and then scam some money out of me.
>
> Answer came back, "Yes". Short silence, because I could not think of
> anything to say and I think he had surprised himself. Then I said, "I do
> not think there is any point in continuing", to which he replied, "Nor
> do I". Click

I have enquired if their family knew that they were a thief?

But then it might be a family tradition to try and steal money.

Sam Plusnet

Re: Anyone remember those spams that seemed to be a lot of random words?

<3OmdnYU7uceeIYP_nZ2dnUU7-WudnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7838&group=uk.rec.sheds#7838

Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
From: richa...@privacy.net (Richard Robinson)
words?
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2022 18:36:19 -0600
 by: Richard Robinson - Wed, 2 Mar 2022 00:36 UTC

Peter said:

> A while ago I answered a few of those emails just to see how far I could
> string the blighters on - quite a long way it seems, which led me to the
> conclusion that on the whole the secondary scammers don't have much going
> on between the ears and quite possibly they are the real victms. Fun for a
> while but it soon gets boring.

There is a website somewhere run by someone who makes it their business
to mock the 'nigerian scam' people. High point is a video of a bloke in
a carpark at Lagos airport jumping up and down with a live chicken on
his head, so that the bloke with the dosh can be sure he's giving it to
the right hereditary prince ... (some people have too much time & money
on their hands, episode #572)

--
Richard Robinson

My email address is at http://qualmograph.org.uk/contact.html

Re: Anyone remember those spams that seemed to be a lot of random words?

<pIudnQYDMJV4hIL_nZ2dnUU7-efNnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7842&group=uk.rec.sheds#7842

Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2022 07:16:51 +0000
words?
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
From: tease-an...@invalid (Tease'n'Seize)
 by: Tease'n'Se - Wed, 2 Mar 2022 07:16 UTC

https://419eater.com

> High point is a video of a bloke in
> a carpark at Lagos airport jumping up and down with a live chicken on
> his head

it says vijos "being moved to a new server" I suspect they got lost in transit.

Re: Anyone remember those spams that seemed to be a lot of random words?

<_uidnYUfFNCuxIL_nZ2dnUU7-YednZ2d@brightview.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7844&group=uk.rec.sheds#7844

Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
From: richa...@privacy.net (Richard Robinson)
words?
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2022 05:46:59 -0600
 by: Richard Robinson - Wed, 2 Mar 2022 11:46 UTC

Tease'n'Seize said:
> Richard Robinson wrote:
>
>> There is a website somewhere run by someone who makes it their
>> business to mock the 'nigerian scam' people.
>
> https://419eater.com
>
>> High point is a video of a bloke in a carpark at Lagos airport
>> jumping up and down with a live chicken on his head
>
> it says vijos "being moved to a new server" I suspect they got lost in
> transit.

Aww, *shame*.

Perhaps it's just held up in petty bureaucracy and needs someone to put
up a few thousand to unlock it ?

--
Richard Robinson

My email address is at http://qualmograph.org.uk/contact.html

Re: Anyone remember those spams that seemed to be a lot of random words?

<j89ikqF6gbmU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7849&group=uk.rec.sheds#7849

From: chri...@privacy.net (ChrisND@privacy.net)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
words?
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2022 16:00:26 +0000
 by: ChrisND@privacy.net - Wed, 2 Mar 2022 16:00 UTC

On 02/03/2022 11:46, Richard Robinson wrote:
> Tease'n'Seize said:
>> Richard Robinson wrote:
>>
>>> There is a website somewhere run by someone who makes it their
>>> business to mock the 'nigerian scam' people.
>>
>> https://419eater.com
>>
>>> High point is a video of a bloke in a carpark at Lagos airport
>>> jumping up and down with a live chicken on his head
>>
>> it says vijos "being moved to a new server" I suspect they got lost in
>> transit.
>
> Aww, *shame*.
>
> Perhaps it's just held up in petty bureaucracy and needs someone to put
> up a few thousand to unlock it ?

Like one of those nice sounding Nigerian men perhaps?

Re: Anyone remember those spams that seemed to be a lot of random words?

<svo8v8$jq2$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7850&group=uk.rec.sheds#7850

From: ema...@address.com (Tone)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
words?
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2022 17:19:40 +0000
 by: Tone - Wed, 2 Mar 2022 17:19 UTC

On 02/03/2022 07:16, Tease'n'Seize wrote:
>> High point is a video of a bloke in
>> a carpark at Lagos airport jumping up and down with a live chicken on
>> his head
>
> it says vijos "being moved to a new server" I suspect they got lost in
> transit.

I got lost in a Transit once.

Tone

Re: Anyone remember those spams that seemed to be a lot of random words?

<2031982554.667934701.676133.tim.downie-gmail.com@news.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7851&group=uk.rec.sheds#7851

From: tim.dow...@gmail.com (Tim+)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Subject: Re: Anyone remember those spams that seemed to be a lot of
random words?
Date: 2 Mar 2022 17:25:28 GMT
 by: Tim+ - Wed, 2 Mar 2022 17:25 UTC

Tone <email@address.com> wrote:
> On 02/03/2022 07:16, Tease'n'Seize wrote:
>>> High point is a video of a bloke in
>>> a carpark at Lagos airport jumping up and down with a live chicken on
>>> his head
>>
>> it says vijos "being moved to a new server" I suspect they got lost in
>> transit.
>
> I got lost in a Transit once.
>
> Tone

Was it a glorious Monday and were you sick?

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls

Re: Anyone remember those spams that seemed to be a lot of random words?

<xzuzkbAAy7HiFAOp@salmiron.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7853&group=uk.rec.sheds#7853

From: nicho...@salmiron.com (Nicholas D. Richards)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2022 18:50:40 +0000
 by: Nicholas D. Richards - Wed, 2 Mar 2022 18:50 UTC

In article <svo8v8$jq2$1@dont-email.me>, Tone <email@address.com> on
Wed, 2 Mar 2022 at 17:19:40 awoke Nicholas from his slumbers and wrote
>On 02/03/2022 07:16, Tease'n'Seize wrote:
>>> High point is a video of a bloke in
>>> a carpark at Lagos airport jumping up and down with a live chicken on
>>> his head
>>
>> it says vijos "being moved to a new server" I suspect they got lost in
>> transit.
>
>I got lost in a Transit once.

sic transit gloria mundi

got lost in translation?
--
0sterc@tcher -

"Où sont les neiges d'antan?"

Re: Anyone remember those spams that seemed to be a lot of random words?

<j89uohF8pg0U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7854&group=uk.rec.sheds#7854

From: johnwill...@btinternet.com (John Williamson)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
words?
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2022 19:27:12 +0000
 by: John Williamson - Wed, 2 Mar 2022 19:27 UTC

On 02/03/2022 18:50, Nicholas D. Richards wrote:
> In article <svo8v8$jq2$1@dont-email.me>, Tone <email@address.com> on
> Wed, 2 Mar 2022 at 17:19:40 awoke Nicholas from his slumbers and wrote

>> I got lost in a Transit once.
>>
> sic transit gloria mundi
>
> got lost in translation?

One of these days I will find her and ask the question.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.