From: sca...@_us.org (inri)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Subject: Re: What are some of the indicators of overpopulation?
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2022 13:50:08 -0000 (UTC)
 by: inri - Thu, 17 Nov 2022 13:50 UTC

On Thu, 17 Nov 2022 01:00:04 -0800, David P wrote:

> What are some of the indicators of overpopulation?
>
> 1.) World population is increasing by 80 million people per year. It
> took 200,000 years to reach our first billion around 1800 – it took just
> 12 years to add our last billion. Experts tell us that a sustainable
> population level would be at most 3 billion, or in the range 0.5-5
> billion.
> 2.) There are more human babies born each day – about 250,000 – than
> there are individuals left in all the great ape species.
> 3.) Humans and their farm animals now make up 96% of all mammalian
> biomass on Earth – other mammals make up only 4%.
> 4.) Plastic is expected to outweigh all fish in the ocean by 2050 if we
> do not change our ways.
> 5.) As global population increases, the cost of food for everyone
> increases and we are increasingly at risk from pandemics, stress related
> illness and climate disruption.
>
> https://overpopulation-project.com/hello-world-of-8-billion/

Nature will resolve the problem, there are plenty of remedies, but they
are all indiscriminate.

Re: What are some of the indicators of overpopulation?

<tl5ppb$2mf5g$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=78281&group=uk.d-i-y#78281

From: brian1g...@gmail.com (Brian Gaff)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2022 17:07:52 -0000
 by: Brian Gaff - Thu, 17 Nov 2022 17:07 UTC

Exactly, nobody is going to walk into a disintegration machine voluntarily
are they?
The point is that birth rates are dropping in many developed countries, but
increasing in underdeveloped ones. This is because babies die more often in
underdeveloped countries, and as they climb out of poverty or migrate to
safer societies it will take several generations for them to limit their
offspring.
Brian

--

--:
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
"inri" <scams_@_us.org> wrote in message
> On Thu, 17 Nov 2022 01:00:04 -0800, David P wrote:
>
>> What are some of the indicators of overpopulation?
>>
>> 1.) World population is increasing by 80 million people per year. It
>> took 200,000 years to reach our first billion around 1800 - it took just
>> 12 years to add our last billion. Experts tell us that a sustainable
>> population level would be at most 3 billion, or in the range 0.5-5
>> billion.
>> 2.) There are more human babies born each day - about 250,000 - than
>> there are individuals left in all the great ape species.
>> 3.) Humans and their farm animals now make up 96% of all mammalian
>> biomass on Earth - other mammals make up only 4%.
>> 4.) Plastic is expected to outweigh all fish in the ocean by 2050 if we
>> do not change our ways.
>> 5.) As global population increases, the cost of food for everyone
>> increases and we are increasingly at risk from pandemics, stress related
>> illness and climate disruption.
>>
>> https://overpopulation-project.com/hello-world-of-8-billion/
>
> Nature will resolve the problem, there are plenty of remedies, but they
> are all indiscriminate.

Re: What are some of the indicators of overpopulation?

<tl5v24$2mpo0$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=78301&group=uk.d-i-y#78301

From: fre...@spam.uk (Fredxx)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2022 18:37:56 +0000
 by: Fredxx - Thu, 17 Nov 2022 18:37 UTC

On 17/11/2022 17:07, Brian Gaff wrote:
> Exactly, nobody is going to walk into a disintegration machine voluntarily
> are they?
> The point is that birth rates are dropping in many developed countries, but
> increasing in underdeveloped ones. This is because babies die more often in
> underdeveloped countries, and as they climb out of poverty or migrate to
> safer societies it will take several generations for them to limit their
> offspring.
> Brian

There is a very strong correlation between the education of girls and
birth rate.

Re: What are some of the indicators of overpopulation?

<tl85vt$2v28h$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=78373&group=uk.d-i-y#78373

From: max_dem...@bigfoot.com (Max Demian)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2022 14:48:29 +0000
 by: Max Demian - Fri, 18 Nov 2022 14:48 UTC

On 17/11/2022 18:37, Fredxx wrote:
> On 17/11/2022 17:07, Brian Gaff wrote:

>> Exactly, nobody is going to walk into a disintegration machine
>> voluntarily
>> are they?
>>   The point is that birth rates are dropping in many developed
>> countries, but
>> increasing in underdeveloped ones. This is because  babies die more
>> often in
>> underdeveloped countries, and as they climb out of poverty or migrate to
>> safer societies it will take several generations for them to limit their
>> offspring.
>>   Brian
>
> There is a very strong correlation between the education of girls and
> birth rate.

ITYM /negative/ correlation. But so what?

--
Max Demian