Tehee quod she, and clapte the wyndow to. -- Geoffrey Chaucer

aus+uk / uk.media.radio.archers / Shards

SubjectAuthor
* ShardsLinda Fox
+* ShardsJoe Kerr
|`* ShardsSid Nuncius
| `- ShardsVicky
+* ShardsChris
|`- ShardsJ. P. Gilliver (John)
+* ShardsJ. P. Gilliver (John)
|`- ShardsChris
`* ShardsBrritSki
 +- ShardsJ. P. Gilliver (John)
 `* ShardsLinda Fox
  `* ShardsBrritSki
   `- ShardsBrritSki

1
Shards

<t4e8c3$dnv$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7841&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7841

From: linda...@ntlworld.com (Linda Fox)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Shards
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 14:29:23 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Linda Fox - Thu, 28 Apr 2022 14:29 UTC

Hi Umrats, I've managed to find my way back reading you, and replied a
couple of times way back <<< there, but this is the first time I've posted
on NewsTap so I'm crossing my fingers (that should account for the number
of typos I predict)

Two months after we all lost him, I find myself in a desperate search for
what I might term Shards Of Robin. I don't seem to have nearly as many
pictures as I thought - carelessness in trying to migrate stuff from an old
computer to a new, so they may just be in a cloud somewhere, though I
wouldn't know where or how to access it. And similarly from an old Android
phone to my newer iPhone.

What I found I did have on my phone is quite sweet. I didn't realise that
for a while I had my camera set to Live photos, didn't even realise they
existed, just found that some of my still pictures had half a second of
movement at the beginning, which puzzled me. Then I found that if I held my
finger on them I actually saw about 4 seconds of video complete with sound.
Some of these have become very precious to me, pictures of a glum Robin
suddenly bursting into a grin or a laugh. Like a mini version of what Ricky
Gervais' character was obsessively watching in After Life.

The pictures are not what I'm yearning to find, though.

I was mucking out his old filing cabinet, unused for nearly 10 years. Bank
statements and energy bills relating not just to our current home but the
flat he lived in for 5 years before I moved in with him, and at least one
home before that; and many, many, many stapled double sided tiny font
printouts of the email conversations from work when he was an adviser for
TEX, full of code etc. So I began hoping against hope that he'd somehow
kept and printed the first year of emails between him and me, starting from
September 1999 through the time I moved to Cambridge in April 2000 and for
some time after. He was, after all, a terrible hoarder. But... no.

And I don't have them either. I can't remember when I first used my current
ntlworld address, and I can probably retrieve those from my end (as it
were, shut up Toodles, Brritski et al!), but ISTR it was at least a year
after we were married in 2002. Prior to that I was with Charles Hankel's
freedombird.net which seems to have gone down the plug'ole, and before that
I was with a domain set up by my ex, called deema.co.uk (short for
DeeMajorMusic, the name I trade under). I asked my ex if he knew what had
become of it, and he couldn't remember, couldn't recall what the server was
or even how he set it up. If you Google that address now you get some
bespoke shirt-maker, so I guess the ownership lapsed and the name was sold.

So that left finding these emails at Robin's end of things. As long as I'd
known him, he'd only been using the University email, and also an address
within the computer lab, which were probably nested together anyway.

I have often heard it said that once you commit something to email in will
never go away completely, it will always be out there in the wild
somewhere. This is usually said in order to warn people off mailing
something which they will one day regret. So briefly I had high hopes of
being able to find out early emails, particularly the first two or three
months' worth. But my hopes were squelched by a very close friend of ours
who also worked in the computing department at cl.cam.ac.uk (there's a
song about that in Finian's Rainbow, isn't there? How are things in
cl-cam-acuk?) whose job really centred around the university's email
server, and she told me there was zero nada zilch chance of ever retrieving
them, that when a person retired their account and all the data therein was
deleted, scrubbed clean, no sign of it any more. No way, end of, slam.

So is it not at all true, this warning that emails can last for ever? And
is there any chance at all that someone would ever be able to find those
early mails? Honestly it would mean so much to me, 100 years ago I would
probably have kept all early love-letters tied up in a ribbon in a scented
box.

There was one occasion in which he did print. It was before I had moved in,
and he was rather anxious and upset about something of a very sensitive
nature; I don't remember if we'd just been in email conversation or
speaking on the phone, definitely we hadn't quarrelled. But suddenly he was
not answering his home phone and it was quite late in the evening. I tried
several times during the next hour until he rang me to explain. He'd
written me a long rather distraught email but in his anxiety and distress
he'd pressed print instead of send, not once but twice.

The problem was, TNMF didn't have a printer at home. The printer was in the
corridor just outside his office in the computer lab, a good 25 minutes'
bike ride away. It was shared between several people. And some of those
folk usually came in pretty early in the morning. So his only option was to
get on his bike and ride all the way out there, open up the building, and
get his personal stuff back before anyone else could find it. Yes, he could
be a twitchy ol' boy sometimes in those days; I like to think this improved
over the next 20 years.

The Shards of Robin I have been finding have been on umra in Google Groups
which goes right back to a few years before I joined. But I'm finding it a
bit difficult to navigate on my phone, May have to go back to my desktop
which I rarely use now. What I do find from years ago on umra is both a
comfort and a great source of laughter for me.

Linda ff

--
Linda ff

Re: Shards

<t4eb6t$1ros$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7843&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7843

From: joe_k...@cheerful.com (Joe Kerr)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Re: Shards
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 16:17:49 +0100
 by: Joe Kerr - Thu, 28 Apr 2022 15:17 UTC

On 28/04/2022 15:29, Linda Fox wrote:
> Hi Umrats, I've managed to find my way back reading you, and replied a
> couple of times way back <<< there, but this is the first time I've posted
> on NewsTap so I'm crossing my fingers (that should account for the number
> of typos I predict)

Yay! Welcome home.

Good luck with your search for memories.

--
Ric

Re: Shards

<t4ehg5$sc5$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7849&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7849

From: chris.mc...@ntlworld.com (Chris)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 17:05:09 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:NJZhHUPVXQ/VMsq49nxLuTLjfG0=
 by: Chris - Thu, 28 Apr 2022 17:05 UTC

Linda Fox <linda.ff@ntlworld.com> wrote:
> [...]
> corridor just outside his office in the computer lab, a good 25 minutes'
> bike ride away. It was shared between several people. And some of those
> folk usually came in pretty early in the morning. So his only option was to
> get on his bike and ride all the way out there, open up the building, and
> get his personal stuff back before anyone else could find it. Yes, he could
> be a twitchy ol' boy sometimes in those days; I like to think this improved
> over the next 20 years.
>
> The Shards of Robin I have been finding have been on umra in Google Groups
> which goes right back to a few years before I joined. But I'm finding it a
> bit difficult to navigate on my phone, May have to go back to my desktop
> which I rarely use now. What I do find from years ago on umra is both a
> comfort and a great source of laughter for me.

Google gropes is useless LFF at the best of times. We only have Newstap on
our iPads, and while I have used Gropes I can’t imagine attempting a full
search on a phone. Not sure when Google Groups began though. Jpeg?

Lovely to have you back.

Mr and Mrs McT

Re: Shards

<iPlYkTTTnsaiFwHg@a.a>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7850&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7850

From: G6J...@255soft.uk (J. P. Gilliver (John))
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 18:07:31 +0100
 by: J. P. Gilliver (John - Thu, 28 Apr 2022 17:07 UTC

On Thu, 28 Apr 2022 at 14:29:23, Linda Fox <linda.ff@ntlworld.com> wrote
(my responses usually FOLLOW):
>Hi Umrats, I've managed to find my way back reading you, and replied a
>couple of times way back <<< there, but this is the first time I've posted
>on NewsTap so I'm crossing my fingers (that should account for the number
>of typos I predict)

Didn't notice any (if there were/are, what you were saying was more
interesting than any typos).
[Snip]
>Some of these have become very precious to me, pictures of a glum Robin
>suddenly bursting into a grin or a laugh. Like a mini version of what Ricky

That is lovely.
[]
>ntlworld address, and I can probably retrieve those from my end (as it
>were, shut up Toodles, Brritski et al!), but ISTR it was at least a year

(-:

>after we were married in 2002. Prior to that I was with Charles Hankel's
>freedombird.net which seems to have gone down the plug'ole, and before that
>I was with a domain set up by my ex, called deema.co.uk (short for
>DeeMajorMusic, the name I trade under). I asked my ex if he knew what had
>become of it, and he couldn't remember, couldn't recall what the server was
>or even how he set it up. If you Google that address now you get some
>bespoke shirt-maker, so I guess the ownership lapsed and the name was sold.

I think there's a fair chance you can find webpages from it at the
Wayback Machine (I think nowadays called archive.org or something like
that); they certainly have my old website. I fear its more oriented
towards webpages than emails, though - but you might find something. (If
only your old website.) It's not that intuitive, but at some point
poking around in it you get a calendar, and can click down to individual
days (even times I think) when they happened to snap your site;
presumably recent dates will show the shirtmaker, but older ones should
show your site.
[]
>who also worked in the computing department at cl.cam.ac.uk (there's a
>song about that in Finian's Rainbow, isn't there? How are things in
>cl-cam-acuk?) whose job really centred around the university's email

Close: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUfiyM9twz8 (Warning: Julie
Andrews at her most bright and cheerful.)
[]
>So is it not at all true, this warning that emails can last for ever? And

Only the ones you wish didn't, I fear.
[]
>The problem was, TNMF didn't have a printer at home. The printer was in the
>corridor just outside his office in the computer lab, a good 25 minutes'

(I had a similar but happier such use, but deliberate: when moved from
Essex to Kent, I kept my login on the company computer network,
including the names of the local printer. That - ITIW - Christmas, I
printed them a Christmas greeting.)
[]
>The Shards of Robin I have been finding have been on umra in Google Groups
>which goes right back to a few years before I joined. But I'm finding it a
>bit difficult to navigate on my phone, May have to go back to my desktop
>which I rarely use now. What I do find from years ago on umra is both a

I do suspect that trying to use Google Groups in this way from a 'phone
would be somewhat frustrating, and the desktop (or a laptop) might be
easier. I wonder, maybe even a more conventional news server (and a news
client like Thunderbird, Agent, or whatever) might be more productive. I
don't know how long the free servers like eternal september keep things
- quite a long time for text-only 'groups, but probably not as long as
you might need; but even taking an account for a short while with one of
the paid ones (not sure of names - Giganews? HighWinds or something like
that?) might do; obvious find what their retention policy is before
paying anything.

>comfort and a great source of laughter for me.

I'm delighted to hear it. Sorry I can't give you anything definite.

(Sudden thought: I'll search my UMRA for posts I've marked "keep" for
any with "fair" in the "From: " field. I have three - from 2004-12-27,
2012-1-31, and 2012-3-2; I will have kept them because they contain
something of interest to _me_, but I can gladly send them to you if you
like.)

>Linda ff

John G.

....Every morning is the dawn of a new error...

Re: Shards

<kPEZ0$TXqsaiFwmi@a.a>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7851&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7851

From: G6J...@255soft.uk (J. P. Gilliver (John))
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 18:10:47 +0100
 by: J. P. Gilliver (John - Thu, 28 Apr 2022 17:10 UTC

On Thu, 28 Apr 2022 at 17:05:09, Chris <chris.mcmillan@ntlworld.com>
wrote (my responses usually FOLLOW):
[]
>Google gropes is useless LFF at the best of times. We only have Newstap on
>our iPads, and while I have used Gropes I can’t imagine attempting a full
>search on a phone. Not sure when Google Groups began though. Jpeg?

Sorry, don't know. I know it took over something earlier (and in most
people's opinion better) called, IIRR, DejaNews. I _suspect_ it _will_
searching (a) via Google Groups (b) on a 'phone; see my other email.

>Lovely to have you back.

Seconded.

>Mr and Mrs McT

John

....Every morning is the dawn of a new error...

Re: Shards

<t4ei2d$90u$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7852&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7852

From: chris.mc...@ntlworld.com (Chris)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 17:14:53 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:ftqGfgM8mJJluRCrk8eMlapQ3Bg=
 by: Chris - Thu, 28 Apr 2022 17:14 UTC

J. P. Gilliver (John) <G6JPG@255soft.uk> wrote:
> [...]
> client like Thunderbird, Agent, or whatever) might be more productive. I
> don't know how long the free servers like eternal september keep things
> - quite a long time for text-only 'groups, but probably not as long as
> you might need; but even taking an account for a short while with one of
> the paid ones (not sure of names - Giganews? HighWinds or something like
> that?) might do; obvious find what their retention policy is before
> paying anything.
>
>> comfort and a great source of laughter for me.
>
> I'm delighted to hear it. Sorry I can't give you anything definite.
>
> (Sudden thought: I'll search my UMRA for posts I've marked "keep" for
> any with "fair" in the "From: " field. I have three - from 2004-12-27,
> 2012-1-31, and 2012-3-2; I will have kept them because they contain
> something of interest to _me_, but I can gladly send them to you if you

I fired up my google account, opened umra, put in Robin’s name and it only
shows back to Jan 2015.

The old usenet must be lost??

Mrs McT

Re: Shards

<jd02t6Fs7cjU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7853&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7853

From: rtilbury...@gmail.com (BrritSki)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 18:57:57 +0100
 by: BrritSki - Thu, 28 Apr 2022 17:57 UTC

On 28/04/2022 15:29, Linda Fox wrote:
> Hi Umrats, I've managed to find my way back reading you...

Hurrah.

The waybackmachine knows about deema.co.uk, but I don;t know how to get
it to display an actual page it has saved
https://web.archive.org/web/20031215000000*/deema.co.uk

Google Groups works fine on a laptop.
https://groups.google.com/g/uk.media.radio.archers/search?q=Linda%20Fox

More tomorrow, off to see AGD in Hairspray...

Re: Shards

<jd03hqFsa15U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7854&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7854

From: nunc...@hotmail.co.uk (Sid Nuncius)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 19:08:57 +0100
 by: Sid Nuncius - Thu, 28 Apr 2022 18:08 UTC

On 28/04/2022 16:17, Joe Kerr wrote:
> On 28/04/2022 15:29, Linda Fox wrote:
>> Hi Umrats, I've managed to find my way back reading you, and replied a
>> couple of times way back <<< there, but this is the first time I've
>> posted
>> on NewsTap so I'm crossing my fingers (that should account for the number
>> of typos I predict)
>>
> Yay! Welcome home.
>
> Good luck with your search for memories.

Yes indeed to both!

--
Sid

Re: Shards

<0oml6h5n00oj56074j1f8nlfh000uo45g5@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7856&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7856

From: vicky.ay...@gmail.com (Vicky)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 19:21:09 +0100
 by: Vicky - Thu, 28 Apr 2022 18:21 UTC

On Thu, 28 Apr 2022 19:08:57 +0100, Sid Nuncius
<nuncius@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

>On 28/04/2022 16:17, Joe Kerr wrote:
>> On 28/04/2022 15:29, Linda Fox wrote:
>>> Hi Umrats, I've managed to find my way back reading you, and replied a
>>> couple of times way back <<< there, but this is the first time I've
>>> posted
>>> on NewsTap so I'm crossing my fingers (that should account for the number
>>> of typos I predict)
>>>
>> Yay! Welcome home.
>>
>> Good luck with your search for memories.
>
>Yes indeed to both!

And hello, virtual hugs and chocolate from me too.xx

Re: Shards

<hhQ4$OYETwaiFwEw@a.a>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7865&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7865

From: G6J...@255soft.uk (J. P. Gilliver (John))
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 22:19:00 +0100
 by: J. P. Gilliver (John - Thu, 28 Apr 2022 21:19 UTC

On Thu, 28 Apr 2022 at 18:57:57, BrritSki <rtilburyTAKEAWAY@gmail.com>
wrote (my responses usually FOLLOW):
>On 28/04/2022 15:29, Linda Fox wrote:
>> Hi Umrats, I've managed to find my way back reading you...
>
>Hurrah.
>
>The waybackmachine knows about deema.co.uk, but I don;t know how to get
>it to display an actual page it has saved
>https://web.archive.org/web/20031215000000*/deema.co.uk

You click on one of the years that has black bars - such as 2003, then
scroll down, and you see a calendar for that year. If you look
carefully, you see some of the dates are highlighted (not very
obviously) - in this case, only December 5. You hover over that, and it
shows the times that day it took snapshots - in this case, only
22:26:19; you click on one of those.

Which took me to
https://web.archive.org/web/20031205222619/http://www.deema.co.uk/ -
which is giving me a 403. The next one -
https://web.archive.org/web/20040212063255/http://www.deema.co.uk/ -
works, but gives lots of (I think) Arabic!

Hmm, I can't get any others to work other than ones that look like that,
but I hope you get the idea.

>Google Groups works fine on a laptop.
>https://groups.google.com/g/uk.media.radio.archers/search?q=Linda%20Fox
>
>More tomorrow, off to see AGD in Hairspray...

.... the closest thing the movies have ever got to a human special effect.
- Barry Norman on Arnold Schwarzenegger (RT 2014/9/27-10/3)

Re: Shards

<t4f4an$1ne2$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7866&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7866

From: linda...@ntlworld.com (Linda Fox)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 22:26:31 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Linda Fox - Thu, 28 Apr 2022 22:26 UTC

BrritSki <rtilburyTAKEAWAY@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 28/04/2022 15:29, Linda Fox wrote:
>> Hi Umrats, I've managed to find my way back reading you...
>
> Hurrah.
>
> The waybackmachine knows about deema.co.uk, but I don;t know how to get
> it to display an actual page it has saved
> https://web.archive.org/web/20031215000000*/deema.co.uk
>
> Google Groups works fine on a laptop.
> https://groups.google.com/g/uk.media.radio.archers/search?q=Linda%20Fox
>
> More tomorrow, off to see AGD in Hairspray...

Thanks, Brritski - sadly I don't think that's the same deema - I was
looking at a post of mine in Google Groups from early-ish 2001 and it says
I was with Freedombird then. I haven't quite worked out yet when I switched
to freedombird, I remember meeting Chankel with Robin on Chester station to
talk about it, so if I was there it would have been at the latest mid 2000
as I moved to Cambridge in April of that year and kind of worked out my
notice with all the teaching and other work I had to do in my last term by
commuting from Cambridge to Liverpool every week.

Actually that's a sweet memory, I would buy my return ticket, an Apex deal
£21 (!!!) a week ahead, walk 15 min to Cambridge Station while Robin cycled
in with my bag, get the train (direct in those days), buy next week's
ticket when I got to Liverpool, take the Wirral Line down to our old house
in West Kirby which had not been sold yet, teach about 3 kids, go off and
take kids' choir practice, meet up with my ex at the house (he was living
in Birkenhead by then) for a Chinese takeaway, get up early the next
morning and take the train to Chester where I spent the morning in an adult
day centre with a team doing music and drama, train back to West Kirby to
teach another 4 kids, pack bag, listen to the start of the late radio 3
programme knowing that Robin was listening too, get up at 5:40 Saturday to
get the 6:15 train into Chester again, change at Hooton, phone Robin from
the platform, arrive in Chester, have a pot of tea and 3 rounds if toast in
the station buffet, walk 15 minutes into West Cheshire College, teach my
first little girl at 8:30, teach through till nearly 2:00, get a lift from
my last parent back to Chester station, through to Liverpool and on to
Cambridge where Robin would be waiting to meet the train and hone and...
draw breath.

On my last morning at the day centre they held a little ceremony, one of
the more articulate girls came and brought me a posy and when they said
"wait, Ann, you've got some thing to say to Linda, haven't you?" she
laughed and said oh yes - "hard luck!". That still sets me off after 22
years.

Rewind... I only knew one other person with a freedombird email and that
was Liz Blades RIP so she can't tell me what happened to it either.

--
Linda ff

Re: Shards

<jd1j99F6ejqU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7873&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7873

From: rtilbury...@gmail.com (BrritSki)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2022 08:43:36 +0100
 by: BrritSki - Fri, 29 Apr 2022 07:43 UTC

On 28/04/2022 23:26, Linda Fox wrote:
> BrritSki <rtilburyTAKEAWAY@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 28/04/2022 15:29, Linda Fox wrote:
>>> Hi Umrats, I've managed to find my way back reading you...
>>
>> Hurrah.
>>
>> The waybackmachine knows about deema.co.uk, but I don;t know how to get
>> it to display an actual page it has saved
>> https://web.archive.org/web/20031215000000*/deema.co.uk
>>
>> Google Groups works fine on a laptop.
>> https://groups.google.com/g/uk.media.radio.archers/search?q=Linda%20Fox
>>
>> More tomorrow, off to see AGD in Hairspray...
>>

> Thanks, Brritski - sadly I don't think that's the same deema - I was
> looking at a post of mine in Google Groups from early-ish 2001 and it says
> I was with Freedombird then.

Sorry, I misunderstood. I thought deema.co.uk was a website, but you
said it was a domain setup by your ex, presumably for email addresses. I
don;t think there's much chance of getting those back.

More later on Google Groups.

Re: Shards

<jd1mbrF71rpU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7876&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7876

From: rtilbury...@gmail.com (BrritSki)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2022 09:36:10 +0100
 by: BrritSki - Fri, 29 Apr 2022 08:36 UTC

On 29/04/2022 08:43, BrritSki wrote:

> More later on Google Groups.

It is now later...

The good news is that the whole archive of umra is there afaics. The
following link returns 18 pages allegedly (although I can't see a way to
look at older ones) and has posts going back to 21/08/2000 on page 1.

https://groups.google.com/g/uk.media.radio.archers/search?q=linda%20tnmf%20author%3ABrritski

I hate doing stuff like this on a tiny phone/tablet screen, not least
because I can never remember my Google password there, but it works well
on a laptop/desktop.

I always start from this link that I have bookmarked:
https://groups.google.com/g/uk.media.radio.archers

That on its own will show you the latest posts, but the trick is to use
the filters which are not immediately obvious.

AT the top of that screen is a grey box labelled
"Conversations v Search conversations within
uk.media.radio.archers v"

The 2 v's are in fact solid downward facing triangles and if you click
on either of them you will get a drop down where you can narrow down
your search by poster, subject, contents, and date.

Have fun !