Newsgroups: aus.legal
From: ozi...@xizo.am (Ozix)
Subject: stapled superannution fund - what bullshit is this?
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2022 21:14:36 +0800
 by: Ozix - Mon, 21 Nov 2022 13:14 UTC

A friend of mine (who is a "new Australian") received a letter from ATO
saying her employer requested details of her stapled super fund. It
seems to be something forced onto her. The fund they supplied is a
subsidiary of AMP. Stuff that.
Is this something Scomo government came up with to help the big retail
funds and weaken industry super?
She has been in the job for more than a year. The super fund that she
originally got with the job has underperformed, so they had to inform
her "we are shit", and she chose a better fund and filled out the form
for them and gave it to her employer about a month ago.

Re: stapled superannution fund - what bullshit is this?

<op.1vzvszmubyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7847&group=aus.legal#7847

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2022 04:49:37 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Mon, 21 Nov 2022 17:49 UTC

Ozix <ozix@xizo.am> wrote

> A friend of mine (who is a "new Australian") received a letter from ATO
> saying her employer requested details of her stapled super fund.

> It seems to be something forced onto her.

Having a super fund is, but they can't force you to have a specific one.

> The fund they supplied is a subsidiary of AMP. Stuff that.

> Is this something Scomo government came up with to help the big retail
> funds and weaken industry super?

Nope.

> She has been in the job for more than a year. The super fund that she
> originally got with the job has underperformed, so they had to inform
> her "we are shit", and she chose a better fund and filled out the form
> for them and gave it to her employer about a month ago.

Then her employer has fucked up the change.