A snake lurks in the grass. -- Publius Vergilius Maro (Virgil)

aus+uk / uk.media.radio.archers / Re: Masks for cows.

SubjectAuthor
* Masks for cows.Vicky
+* Masks for cows.Jenny M Benson
|+- Masks for cows.krw
|+- Masks for cows.Mike McMillan
|`* Masks for cows.Vicky
| `* Masks for cows.Joe Kerr
|  `- Masks for cows.Mike McMillan
+* Masks for cows.Nick Odell
|+* Masks for cows.Joe Kerr
||`* Masks for cows.J. P. Gilliver (John)
|| +* Masks for cows.Sid Nuncius
|| |`* Masks for cows.J. P. Gilliver (John)
|| | `- Masks for cows.Sid Nuncius
|| `* Masks for cows.John Armstrong
||  `* Masks for cows.Jenny M Benson
||   `* Masks for cows.Sam Plusnet
||    +* Masks for cows.Tony Smith
||    |`- Masks for cows.steve hague
||    `* Masks for cows.Linda Fox
||     `* Masks for cows.Mike McMillan
||      +* Masks for cows.Jim Easterbrook
||      |+- Masks for cows.Mike McMillan
||      |+* Masks for cows.John Armstrong
||      ||`- Masks for cows.Sid Nuncius
||      |`- Masks for cows.Sid Nuncius
||      `* Masks for cows.Sam Plusnet
||       `- Masks for cows.Mike McMillan
|`- Masks for cows.Vicky
+- Masks for cows.Clive Arthur
`* Masks for cows.Mike McMillan
 `- Masks for cows.Sam Plusnet

Pages:12
Masks for cows.

<tllk6h93k6grlnsi2urlka8kfk52faf6mp@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7832&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7832

From: vicky.ay...@gmail.com (Vicky)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Masks for cows.
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 09:57:29 +0100
 by: Vicky - Thu, 28 Apr 2022 08:57 UTC

No, not to prevent them spreading covid. Apparently they prevent the
methane to a certain extent and are a big help in slowing climate
change. I heard it on the BBC today. I am wondering how the cows
graze., I bet some friend of a minister got the contract to make the
masks

Re: Masks for cows.

<jcv558Fmho1U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7833&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7833

From: NemoN...@hotmail.co.uk (Jenny M Benson)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Re: Masks for cows.
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 10:30:16 +0100
 by: Jenny M Benson - Thu, 28 Apr 2022 09:30 UTC

On 28/04/2022 09:57, Vicky wrote:
> No, not to prevent them spreading covid. Apparently they prevent the
> methane to a certain extent and are a big help in slowing climate
> change. I heard it on the BBC today. I am wondering how the cows
> graze., I bet some friend of a minister got the contract to make the
> masks

How odd. I thought the methane came from the other end!

--
Jenny M Benson
Wrexham, UK

Re: Masks for cows.

<t4dnoi$b8f$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7834&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7834

From: krw...@whitnet.uk (krw)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 10:45:56 +0100
 by: krw - Thu, 28 Apr 2022 09:45 UTC

On 28.4.22 10:30, Jenny M Benson wrote:
> On 28/04/2022 09:57, Vicky wrote:
>>    No, not to prevent them spreading covid. Apparently they prevent the
>> methane to a certain extent and are a big help in slowing climate
>> change.  I heard it on the BBC today.  I am wondering how the cows
>> graze.,  I bet some friend of a minister got the contract to make the
>> masks
>
> How odd.  I thought the methane came from the other end!

Apparently not:
https://www.wired.co.uk/article/cows-climate-change-methane-stop

--
Kosmo Richard W
www.travelswmw.whitnet.uk

Re: Masks for cows.

<4prk6h5j092mqrcqk9iu19ch1cnpb1pbqc@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7836&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7836

From: nic...@themusicworkshop.plus.com (Nick Odell)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 12:02:51 +0100
 by: Nick Odell - Thu, 28 Apr 2022 11:02 UTC

On Thu, 28 Apr 2022 09:57:29 +0100, Vicky <vicky.ayech@gmail.com>
wrote:

> No, not to prevent them spreading covid. Apparently they prevent the
>methane to a certain extent and are a big help in slowing climate
>change. I heard it on the BBC today. I am wondering how the cows
>graze., I bet some friend of a minister got the contract to make the
>masks

My current hobbyhorse is about the use of technology to stem climate
change when easier, simpler, cheaper solutions would do. But easier,
simpler, cheaper solutions won't make big corporations very rich.

My understanding is that the big problem with animal waste products
and their ecological disposal comes from the mega-industrialisation of
production such as the multi-story Dutch pig farms and the colossal
cattle factories in the USA. Cattle that graze free-range, such as
those at Brookfield, don't have anything like the climate impact. Yes,
of course they belch and f**t methane like any other ruminant but as
part of a crop rotation programme there is a net benefit because their
-erme- soil improvement characteristics reduce or eliminate the need
for climate-unfriendly artificial fertilisers. But the fertiliser
industry wouldn't be happy with that.

Nick

Re: Masks for cows.

<t4dsp7$40l$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7837&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7837

From: cli...@nowaytoday.co.uk (Clive Arthur)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 12:11:34 +0100
 by: Clive Arthur - Thu, 28 Apr 2022 11:11 UTC

On 28/04/2022 09:57, Vicky wrote:
> No, not to prevent them spreading covid. Apparently they prevent the
> methane to a certain extent and are a big help in slowing climate
> change. I heard it on the BBC today. I am wondering how the cows
> graze., I bet some friend of a minister got the contract to make the
> masks

It's all explained here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JohcbfO0OjA

--
Cheers
Clive

Re: Masks for cows.

<t4dvsu$7td$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7838&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7838

From: toodle.p...@virginmedia.com (Mike McMillan)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 12:04:46 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:IUpEa6Qg2CG5DnOFPMzidEExkU4=
 by: Mike McMillan - Thu, 28 Apr 2022 12:04 UTC

Vicky <vicky.ayech@gmail.com> wrote:
> No, not to prevent them spreading covid. Apparently they prevent the
> methane to a certain extent and are a big help in slowing climate
> change. I heard it on the BBC today. I am wondering how the cows
> graze., I bet some friend of a minister got the contract to make the
> masks

Both ends?

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan

Re: Masks for cows.

<t4dvvm$9fj$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7839&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7839

From: toodle.p...@virginmedia.com (Mike McMillan)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 12:06:14 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:zoctB0g7Acmwi19LcId/aOVHPPM=
 by: Mike McMillan - Thu, 28 Apr 2022 12:06 UTC

Jenny M Benson <NemoNews@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
> On 28/04/2022 09:57, Vicky wrote:
>> No, not to prevent them spreading covid. Apparently they prevent the
>> methane to a certain extent and are a big help in slowing climate
>> change. I heard it on the BBC today. I am wondering how the cows
>> graze., I bet some friend of a minister got the contract to make the
>> masks
>
> How odd. I thought the methane came from the other end!

No, belching as well as err …. ummm trumpeting.

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan

Re: Masks for cows.

<t4ebrn$6bv$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7844&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7844

From: joe_k...@cheerful.com (Joe Kerr)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 16:28:54 +0100
 by: Joe Kerr - Thu, 28 Apr 2022 15:28 UTC

On 28/04/2022 12:02, Nick Odell wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Apr 2022 09:57:29 +0100, Vicky <vicky.ayech@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> No, not to prevent them spreading covid. Apparently they prevent the
>> methane to a certain extent and are a big help in slowing climate
>> change. I heard it on the BBC today. I am wondering how the cows
>> graze., I bet some friend of a minister got the contract to make the
>> masks
>
> My current hobbyhorse is about the use of technology to stem climate
> change when easier, simpler, cheaper solutions would do. But easier,
> simpler, cheaper solutions won't make big corporations very rich.
>
> My understanding is that the big problem with animal waste products
> and their ecological disposal comes from the mega-industrialisation of
> production such as the multi-story Dutch pig farms and the colossal
> cattle factories in the USA. Cattle that graze free-range, such as
> those at Brookfield, don't have anything like the climate impact. Yes,
> of course they belch and f**t methane like any other ruminant but as
> part of a crop rotation programme there is a net benefit because their
> -erme- soil improvement characteristics reduce or eliminate the need
> for climate-unfriendly artificial fertilisers. But the fertiliser
> industry wouldn't be happy with that.
>
> Nick

I can remember driving past the enormous feed lots in west Texas[1]. I
forget exactly where but it is (fairly) well known and best avoided.
Mile after mile of slurry and stench[2]. I think the cows could produce
the fertiliser faster than the farmers(?) could clear it away.

[1] Not to be confused with West, Texas, which is in central Texas.
[2] I don't think that is a firm of solicitors, but I may be wrong.

--
Ric

Re: Masks for cows.

<jjgl6hdu61gl6fbutufh8e4a4vsa7ullnm@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7846&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7846

From: vicky.ay...@gmail.com (Vicky)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 17:36:29 +0100
 by: Vicky - Thu, 28 Apr 2022 16:36 UTC

On Thu, 28 Apr 2022 10:30:16 +0100, Jenny M Benson
<NemoNews@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

>On 28/04/2022 09:57, Vicky wrote:
>> No, not to prevent them spreading covid. Apparently they prevent the
>> methane to a certain extent and are a big help in slowing climate
>> change. I heard it on the BBC today. I am wondering how the cows
>> graze., I bet some friend of a minister got the contract to make the
>> masks
>
>How odd. I thought the methane came from the other end!

Oh the item didn't say where the masks would be worn....

Re: Masks for cows.

<j$zYI6RIMsaiFwku@a.a>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7847&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7847

From: G6J...@255soft.uk (J. P. Gilliver (John))
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 17:38:32 +0100
 by: J. P. Gilliver (John - Thu, 28 Apr 2022 16:38 UTC

On Thu, 28 Apr 2022 at 16:28:54, Joe Kerr <joe_kerr@cheerful.com> wrote
(my responses usually FOLLOW):
[]
>Mile after mile of slurry and stench[2]. I think the cows could produce
[]
>[2] I don't think that is a firm of solicitors, but I may be wrong.

My mother used to swear there was one such in Nottingham called Skinner
and Rook. I don't know if she was spinning a yarn or not.

After all is said and done, usually more is said.

Re: Masks for cows.

<9ngl6h5uq5hv14on7c46v4o201c5942jkk@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7848&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7848

From: vicky.ay...@gmail.com (Vicky)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 17:39:05 +0100
 by: Vicky - Thu, 28 Apr 2022 16:39 UTC

On Thu, 28 Apr 2022 12:02:51 +0100, Nick Odell
<nick@themusicworkshop.plus.com> wrote:

>On Thu, 28 Apr 2022 09:57:29 +0100, Vicky <vicky.ayech@gmail.com>
>wrote:
>
>> No, not to prevent them spreading covid. Apparently they prevent the
>>methane to a certain extent and are a big help in slowing climate
>>change. I heard it on the BBC today. I am wondering how the cows
>>graze., I bet some friend of a minister got the contract to make the
>>masks
>
>My current hobbyhorse is about the use of technology to stem climate
>change when easier, simpler, cheaper solutions would do. But easier,
>simpler, cheaper solutions won't make big corporations very rich.
>
>My understanding is that the big problem with animal waste products
>and their ecological disposal comes from the mega-industrialisation of
>production such as the multi-story Dutch pig farms and the colossal
>cattle factories in the USA. Cattle that graze free-range, such as
>those at Brookfield, don't have anything like the climate impact. Yes,
>of course they belch and f**t methane like any other ruminant but as
>part of a crop rotation programme there is a net benefit because their
>-erme- soil improvement characteristics reduce or eliminate the need
>for climate-unfriendly artificial fertilisers. But the fertiliser
>industry wouldn't be happy with that.
>
>Nick

I recall in primary school we learned abut crop rotation and drew neat
pictures of fields with the three kinds of use shown, crops, grazing,
fallow, suitably coloured in.

Re: Masks for cows.

<jd03stFsd27U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7855&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7855

From: nunc...@hotmail.co.uk (Sid Nuncius)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 19:14:52 +0100
 by: Sid Nuncius - Thu, 28 Apr 2022 18:14 UTC

On 28/04/2022 17:38, J. P. Gilliver (John) wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Apr 2022 at 16:28:54, Joe Kerr <joe_kerr@cheerful.com> wrote
> (my responses usually FOLLOW):
> []
>> Mile after mile of slurry and stench[2]. I think the cows could produce
> []
>> [2] I don't think that is a firm of solicitors, but I may be wrong.
>>
> My mother used to swear there was one such in Nottingham called Skinner
> and Rook. I don't know if she was spinning a yarn or not.

Not a firm of solicitors, but I'm pretty sure Skinner & Rook were still
there when I lived in Nottingham in the late 60s:

https://picturenottingham.co.uk/image-library/image-details/poster/ntgm002613/posterid/ntgm002613.html
--
Sid

Re: Masks for cows.

<ytBaK.662038$7F2.556501@fx12.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7860&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7860

Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
From: not...@home.com (Sam Plusnet)
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 19:58:39 +0100
 by: Sam Plusnet - Thu, 28 Apr 2022 18:58 UTC

On 28-Apr-22 13:04, Mike McMillan wrote:
> Vicky <vicky.ayech@gmail.com> wrote:
>> No, not to prevent them spreading covid. Apparently they prevent the
>> methane to a certain extent and are a big help in slowing climate
>> change. I heard it on the BBC today. I am wondering how the cows
>> graze., I bet some friend of a minister got the contract to make the
>> masks
>>

> Both ends?

They are very big masks.

--
Sam Plusnet

Re: Masks for cows.

<g9C4YqWM7vaiFw1f@a.a>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7864&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7864

From: G6J...@255soft.uk (J. P. Gilliver (John))
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 21:53:32 +0100
 by: J. P. Gilliver (John - Thu, 28 Apr 2022 20:53 UTC

On Thu, 28 Apr 2022 at 19:14:52, Sid Nuncius <nuncius@hotmail.co.uk>
wrote (my responses usually FOLLOW):
>On 28/04/2022 17:38, J. P. Gilliver (John) wrote:
>> On Thu, 28 Apr 2022 at 16:28:54, Joe Kerr <joe_kerr@cheerful.com>
>>wrote (my responses usually FOLLOW):
>> []
>>> Mile after mile of slurry and stench[2]. I think the cows could produce
>> []
>>> [2] I don't think that is a firm of solicitors, but I may be wrong.
>>>
>> My mother used to swear there was one such in Nottingham called
>>Skinner and Rook. I don't know if she was spinning a yarn or not.
>
>Not a firm of solicitors, but I'm pretty sure Skinner & Rook were still
>there when I lived in Nottingham in the late 60s:
>
>https://picturenottingham.co.uk/image-library/image-details/poster/ntgm0
>02613/posterid/ntgm002613.html

Thanks for that! I _may_ be remembering it wrong - she certainly implied
it was a profession that might well skin and rook you. (We left
Nottingham when I was 1-3, so I don't remember myself.)

.... the closest thing the movies have ever got to a human special effect.
- Barry Norman on Arnold Schwarzenegger (RT 2014/9/27-10/3)

Re: Masks for cows.

<jd1ariF4s3tU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7868&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7868

From: nunc...@hotmail.co.uk (Sid Nuncius)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2022 06:19:44 +0100
 by: Sid Nuncius - Fri, 29 Apr 2022 05:19 UTC

On 28/04/2022 21:53, J. P. Gilliver (John) wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Apr 2022 at 19:14:52, Sid Nuncius <nuncius@hotmail.co.uk>
> wrote (my responses usually FOLLOW):
>> On 28/04/2022 17:38, J. P. Gilliver (John) wrote:

>>> My mother used to swear there was one such in Nottingham called
>>> Skinner  and Rook. I don't know if she was spinning a yarn or not.
>>
>> Not a firm of solicitors, but I'm pretty sure Skinner & Rook were
>> still there when I lived in Nottingham in the late 60s:
>>
>> https://picturenottingham.co.uk/image-library/image-details/poster/ntgm0
>> 02613/posterid/ntgm002613.html
>
> Thanks for that! I _may_ be remembering it wrong - she certainly implied
> it was a profession that might well skin and rook you. (We left
> Nottingham when I was 1-3, so I don't remember myself.)

Pleasure. It was along the road from Mick Smalley, The Hatter Of
Repute, a slogan I have always treasured[1]. An admirable emporium
wherein I bought the Panama hat I then decorated for for Morris dancing
(and which I have never had the heart to get rid of over the last 50 years).

[1]Now moved but still extant as Samlley's Gentleman's Outfitters,
apparently.

--
Sid

Re: Masks for cows.

<917n6h5it77r2thcrrce0alf11bvasbls4@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7875&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7875

From: jja...@blueyonder.co.uk (John Armstrong)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2022 09:05:40 +0100
 by: John Armstrong - Fri, 29 Apr 2022 08:05 UTC

On Thu, 28 Apr 2022 17:38:32 +0100, "J. P. Gilliver (John)"
<G6JPG@255soft.uk> wrote:

>On Thu, 28 Apr 2022 at 16:28:54, Joe Kerr <joe_kerr@cheerful.com> wrote
>(my responses usually FOLLOW):
>[]
>>Mile after mile of slurry and stench[2]. I think the cows could produce
>[]
>>[2] I don't think that is a firm of solicitors, but I may be wrong.
>>
>My mother used to swear there was one such in Nottingham called Skinner
>and Rook. I don't know if she was spinning a yarn or not.

There used to be a Welsh and Robb somewhere in Scotland.

Re: Masks for cows.

<jd1ndhF75h6U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7877&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7877

From: NemoN...@hotmail.co.uk (Jenny M Benson)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2022 09:54:09 +0100
 by: Jenny M Benson - Fri, 29 Apr 2022 08:54 UTC

On 29/04/2022 09:05, John Armstrong wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Apr 2022 17:38:32 +0100, "J. P. Gilliver (John)"
> <G6JPG@255soft.uk> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 28 Apr 2022 at 16:28:54, Joe Kerr <joe_kerr@cheerful.com> wrote
>> (my responses usually FOLLOW):
>> []
>>> Mile after mile of slurry and stench[2]. I think the cows could produce
>> []
>>> [2] I don't think that is a firm of solicitors, but I may be wrong.
>>>
>> My mother used to swear there was one such in Nottingham called Skinner
>> and Rook. I don't know if she was spinning a yarn or not.
>
> There used to be a Welsh and Robb somewhere in Scotland.

Let us not forget estate agents Doolittle and Dalley.

--
Jenny M Benson
Wrexham, UK

Re: Masks for cows.

<LaXaK.150915$Mih.59858@fx05.ams1>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7888&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7888

Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
From: not...@home.com (Sam Plusnet)
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2022 20:40:27 +0100
 by: Sam Plusnet - Fri, 29 Apr 2022 19:40 UTC

On 29-Apr-22 9:54, Jenny M Benson wrote:
> On 29/04/2022 09:05, John Armstrong wrote:
>> On Thu, 28 Apr 2022 17:38:32 +0100, "J. P. Gilliver (John)"
>> <G6JPG@255soft.uk> wrote:
>>
>>> On Thu, 28 Apr 2022 at 16:28:54, Joe Kerr <joe_kerr@cheerful.com> wrote
>>> (my responses usually FOLLOW):
>>> []
>>> []
>>>>
>>> My mother used to swear there was one such in Nottingham called Skinner
>>> and Rook. I don't know if she was spinning a yarn or not.
>>
>> There used to be a Welsh and Robb somewhere in Scotland.
>>
> Let us not forget estate agents Doolittle and Dalley.

Ours are Crook and Blight.

--
Sam Plusnet

Re: Masks for cows.

<t4hfem$hva$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7889&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7889

From: joe_k...@cheerful.com (Joe Kerr)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2022 20:48:37 +0100
 by: Joe Kerr - Fri, 29 Apr 2022 19:48 UTC

On 28/04/2022 17:36, Vicky wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Apr 2022 10:30:16 +0100, Jenny M Benson
> <NemoNews@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> On 28/04/2022 09:57, Vicky wrote:
>>> No, not to prevent them spreading covid. Apparently they prevent the
>>> methane to a certain extent and are a big help in slowing climate
>>> change. I heard it on the BBC today. I am wondering how the cows
>>> graze., I bet some friend of a minister got the contract to make the
>>> masks
>>
>> How odd. I thought the methane came from the other end!
>
> Oh the item didn't say where the masks would be worn....

Couldn't the cows be fitted with miniature turbines to charge up
batteries to offset their harmful output?

--
Ric

Re: Masks for cows.

<487e874a-7371-4c12-81ce-5d6e98c93453n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7890&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7890

Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2022 13:14:50 -0700 (PDT)
From: agsmith5...@gmail.com (Tony Smith)
 by: Tony Smith - Fri, 29 Apr 2022 20:14 UTC

On Friday, 29 April 2022 at 20:40:29 UTC+1, Sam Plusnet wrote:
> On 29-Apr-22 9:54, Jenny M Benson wrote:
> > On 29/04/2022 09:05, John Armstrong wrote:

> >> There used to be a Welsh and Robb somewhere in Scotland.
> >>
> > Let us not forget estate agents Doolittle and Dalley.
> >
> Ours are Crook and Blight.
>
> --
> Sam Plusnet

Wright Hassall, in Leamington Spa

Re: Masks for cows.

<t4igl5$10mj$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7891&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7891

From: stevehag...@gmail.com (steve hague)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2022 06:15:11 +0100
 by: steve hague - Sat, 30 Apr 2022 05:15 UTC

On 29/04/2022 21:14, Tony Smith wrote:
> On Friday, 29 April 2022 at 20:40:29 UTC+1, Sam Plusnet wrote:

>>> Let us not forget estate agents Doolittle and Dalley.
>>>
>> Ours are Crook and Blight.
>>
>> --
>> Sam Plusnet
>
> Wright Hassall, in Leamington Spa

There's a firm of solicitors near us called D B Law.
Steve

Re: Masks for cows.

<t4ip97$13s$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7895&group=uk.media.radio.archers#7895

From: toodle.p...@virginmedia.com (Mike McMillan)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2022 07:42:31 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:UVOKJRMiuARfi5uuuNhM8IgVHXA=
 by: Mike McMillan - Sat, 30 Apr 2022 07:42 UTC

Joe Kerr <joe_kerr@cheerful.com> wrote:
> On 28/04/2022 17:36, Vicky wrote:
>> On Thu, 28 Apr 2022 10:30:16 +0100, Jenny M Benson
>> <NemoNews@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

>>> How odd. I thought the methane came from the other end!
>>
>> Oh the item didn't say where the masks would be worn....
>
> Couldn't the cows be fitted with miniature turbines to charge up
> batteries to offset their harmful output?

One slight spark and ….

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan

Re: Masks for cows.

<t4oqcm$1oqc$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8036&group=uk.media.radio.archers#8036

From: linda...@ntlworld.com (Linda Fox)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Mon, 2 May 2022 14:38:14 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Linda Fox - Mon, 2 May 2022 14:38 UTC

Sam Plusnet <not@home.com> wrote:
> On 29-Apr-22 9:54, Jenny M Benson wrote:
>> On 29/04/2022 09:05, John Armstrong wrote:

>>> There used to be a Welsh and Robb somewhere in Scotland.
>>>
>> Let us not forget estate agents Doolittle and Dalley.
>>
> Ours are Crook and Blight.

The undertakers in Cirencester who dealt with both my parents were called
Packer and Slade.

Linda ff, Gravesend

--
Linda ff

Re: Masks for cows.

<t4osv0$n4s$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8038&group=uk.media.radio.archers#8038

From: toodle.p...@virginmedia.com (Mike McMillan)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Mon, 2 May 2022 15:22:08 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:1k6dWGVBLPtFThmAqC1IWQwQS5Q=
 by: Mike McMillan - Mon, 2 May 2022 15:22 UTC

Linda Fox <linda.ff@ntlworld.com> wrote:
> Sam Plusnet <not@home.com> wrote:

>>> Let us not forget estate agents Doolittle and Dalley.
>>>
>> Ours are Crook and Blight.
>>

> The undertakers in Cirencester who dealt with both my parents were called
> Packer and Slade.
>
> Linda ff, Gravesend

I recall a solicitor’s office in Exeter which displayed the names ‘Cherry,
Cherry & Cherry’ I wonder how one requested the right piece of fruit when
telephoning?

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan

Re: Masks for cows.

<jdae4iFlveaU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8039&group=uk.media.radio.archers#8039

From: new...@jim-easterbrook.me.uk (Jim Easterbrook)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: 2 May 2022 16:10:59 GMT
 by: Jim Easterbrook - Mon, 2 May 2022 16:10 UTC

On Mon, 2 May 2022 15:22:08 -0000 (UTC), Mike McMillan wrote:

> Linda Fox <linda.ff@ntlworld.com> wrote:
>> Sam Plusnet <not@home.com> wrote:

>>> Ours are Crook and Blight.
>>>
>> The undertakers in Cirencester who dealt with both my parents were
>> called Packer and Slade.
>>
> I recall a solicitor’s office in Exeter which displayed the names
> ‘Cherry,
> Cherry & Cherry’ I wonder how one requested the right piece of fruit
> when telephoning?

The cartoonist Tony Husband tweeted one of my favourite cartoons the
other day: https://twitter.com/tonyhusband1/status/1520332644394967042
(Should be visible to all.)

--
Jim <http://www.jim-easterbrook.me.uk/>