From: max...@invalid.address (Max)
Newsgroups: aus.legal,aus.cars
Subject: soda
Date: Tue, 9 May 2023 08:55:11 +1000
 by: Max - Mon, 8 May 2023 22:55 UTC

I accidentally sprayed about a whole can of sugar free soft drink on to
the side of a car in my underground car park.

Will this do any actionable damage to the car?

What are the chances that the person will realise it's not water and try
to come after me for damages?

I'm hoping it will dry off in time before he sees it.

Re: soda

<op.14ngbyvrbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7888&group=aus.legal#7888

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.legal,aus.cars
Subject: Re: soda
Date: Tue, 09 May 2023 09:46:36 +1000
 by: Rod Speed - Mon, 8 May 2023 23:46 UTC

Max <max@invalid.address> wrote

> I accidentally sprayed about a whole can of sugar free soft drink on to
> the side of a car in my underground car park.

How the hell did you manage to do that ?

> Will this do any actionable damage to the car?

Nope.

> What are the chances that the person will realise it's not water

There is no other way for it to get there in an underground car park.

> and try to come after me for damages?

None, zero, nada, zitch given that it won't hurt the car.

> I'm hoping it will dry off in time before he sees it.

Unlikely.

Re: soda

<u3f6b2$iq97$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7889&group=aus.legal#7889

From: max...@invalid.address (Max)
Newsgroups: aus.legal,aus.cars
Date: Wed, 10 May 2023 14:25:06 +1000
 by: Max - Wed, 10 May 2023 04:25 UTC

On 9/05/2023 9:46 am, Rod Speed wrote:
> Max <max@invalid.address> wrote
>
>> I accidentally sprayed about a whole can of sugar free soft drink on
>> to the side of a car in my underground car park.
>
> How the hell did you manage to do that ?

I was trying to carry two ten-packs from the car and I dropped one,
causing one can to explode open.

>> Will this do any actionable damage to the car?
>
> Nope.
>
>> What are the chances that the person will realise it's not water
>
> There is no other way for it to get there in an underground car park.

It still could have been water from a bottle that exploded.

>> and try to come after me for damages?
>
> None, zero, nada, zitch given that it won't hurt the car.
>
>> I'm hoping it will dry off in time before he sees it.
>
> Unlikely.

It's possible it dried before he went down to his car.

It was a very new car, that's why I was worried, but turned out nothing
happened.