I remember when legal used to mean lawful, now it means some kind of loophole. -- Leo Kessler

aus+uk / uk.rec.sheds / For them as aren't on Farcepuke, and were wondering.

SubjectAuthor
* For them as aren't on Farcepuke, and were wondering.John Williamson
+- For them as aren't on Farcepuke, and were wondering.Thomas Prufer
+- For them as aren't on Farcepuke, and were wondering.Bernard Peek
+* For them as aren't on Farcepuke, and were wondering.Sn!pe
|`* For them as aren't on Farcepuke, and were wondering.Sn!pe
| `* For them as aren't on Farcepuke, and were wondering.John Williamson
|  +- For them as aren't on Farcepuke, and were wondering.Sn!pe
|  `- For them as aren't on Farcepuke, and were wondering.Thomas Prufer
+- For them as aren't on Farcepuke, and were wondering.Ahem A Rivet's Shot
+* For them as aren't on Farcepuke, and were wondering.Richard Robinson
|+* For them as aren't on Farcepuke, and were wondering.John Williamson
||`- For them as aren't on Farcepuke, and were wondering.Richard Robinson
|+* For them as aren't on Farcepuke, and were wondering.Sn!pe
||`* For them as aren't on Farcepuke, and were wondering.RustyHinge
|| `* For them as aren't on Farcepuke, and were wondering.Steve
||  `* For them as aren't on Farcepuke, and were wondering.Sn!pe
||   `* For them as aren't on Farcepuke, and were wondering.Kerr-Mudd, John
||    `* For them as aren't on Farcepuke, and were wondering.Sn!pe
||     `* For them as aren't on Farcepuke, and were wondering.Ahem A Rivet's Shot
||      +* For them as aren't on Farcepuke, and were wondering.Nicholas D. Richards
||      |+- For them as aren't on Farcepuke, and were wondering.Richard Robinson
||      |+- For them as aren't on Farcepuke, and were wondering.Ahem A Rivet's Shot
||      |`- For them as aren't on Farcepuke, and were wondering.Bernard Peek
||      +- For them as aren't on Farcepuke, and were wondering.Sn!pe
||      `- For them as aren't on Farcepuke, and were wondering.maus
|`* For them as aren't on Farcepuke, and were wondering.Sam Plusnet
| `- For them as aren't on Farcepuke, and were wondering.Richard Robinson
`- For them as aren't on Farcepuke, and were wondering.RustyHinge

Pages:12
For them as aren't on Farcepuke, and were wondering.

<j8m4h8FimlhU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7915&group=uk.rec.sheds#7915

From: johnwill...@btinternet.com (John Williamson)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds,free.beer.tomorrow
Subject: For them as aren't on Farcepuke, and were wondering.
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2022 10:19:18 +0000
 by: John Williamson - Mon, 7 Mar 2022 10:19 UTC

ArPedt sent this to the Facebook page..

"Long time, no see
Slowly getting over the after effects of a dose of Covid and a hernia
that needed emergency surgery as it did it's best to try and strangle me
during the lockdowns.
Thought everyone would want to know Tash is currently safe in a village
near Talne in Western Ukraine. I was pretty worried about her as I'd
heard nothing from her since Mad Vlad invaded a bit over a week ago. She
decided to get out of Dnip' as well when her assistant said she was
leaving and going to Aunt Olga's. They'll stay there for a while and
hope for the best. She says sorry for being out of touch but they were
just too busy helping feed soldiers and civilians who've taken up arms
alongside them once the war started.
Until I find the energy to sort out the laptop I'm stuck with a
smartphone connected to my router wirelessly and the only email address
that'll work until then is my Gmail one."

If you want a reply copied there, let me know.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Re: For them as aren't on Farcepuke, and were wondering.

<7gnb2h9k4q1g2gp7oifpgianies1ghpccc@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7916&group=uk.rec.sheds#7916

From: prufer.p...@mnet-online.de.invalid (Thomas Prufer)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2022 11:30:35 +0100
 by: Thomas Prufer - Mon, 7 Mar 2022 10:30 UTC

On Mon, 7 Mar 2022 10:19:18 +0000, John Williamson
<johnwilliamson@btinternet.com> wrote:

>ArPedt sent this to the Facebook page..
>
>"Long time, no see
>Slowly getting over the after effects of a dose of Covid and a hernia
>that needed emergency surgery as it did it's best to try and strangle me
>during the lockdowns.
>Thought everyone would want to know Tash is currently safe in a village
>near Talne in Western Ukraine. I was pretty worried about her as I'd
>heard nothing from her since Mad Vlad invaded a bit over a week ago. She
>decided to get out of Dnip' as well when her assistant said she was
>leaving and going to Aunt Olga's. They'll stay there for a while and
>hope for the best. She says sorry for being out of touch but they were
>just too busy helping feed soldiers and civilians who've taken up arms
>alongside them once the war started.
>Until I find the energy to sort out the laptop I'm stuck with a
>smartphone connected to my router wirelessly and the only email address
>that'll work until then is my Gmail one."
>
>If you want a reply copied there, let me know.

Please say hello to Tash, and those standing beside her.

Have turned the thermostat down to 15°C here in Treznal. I'd rather be cold than
pay for Mad Vlad's gas...

Thomas Prufer

Re: For them as aren't on Farcepuke, and were wondering.

<slrnt2bt1f.1mk.bap@gamma.gizmodynamics.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7918&group=uk.rec.sheds#7918

From: bap...@shrdlu.com (Bernard Peek)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds,free.beer.tomorrow
Date: 7 Mar 2022 12:01:51 GMT
 by: Bernard Peek - Mon, 7 Mar 2022 12:01 UTC

On 2022-03-07, John Williamson <johnwilliamson@btinternet.com> wrote:
> ArPedt sent this to the Facebook page..
>
> "Long time, no see
> Slowly getting over the after effects of a dose of Covid and a hernia
> that needed emergency surgery as it did it's best to try and strangle me
> during the lockdowns.
> Thought everyone would want to know Tash is currently safe in a village
> near Talne in Western Ukraine. I was pretty worried about her as I'd
> heard nothing from her since Mad Vlad invaded a bit over a week ago.

It occurred to me that the current unpleasantness might give Tash another
chance at getting to the UK.

--
Bernard Peek
bap@shrdlu.com

Re: For them as aren't on Farcepuke, and were wondering.

<1pog3zh.1vi49q2154syy6N%snipeco.2@gmail.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7919&group=uk.rec.sheds#7919

Followup: free.beer.tomorrow
From: snipec...@gmail.com (Sn!pe)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds,free.beer.tomorrow
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2022 12:05:06 +0000
 by: Sn!pe - Mon, 7 Mar 2022 12:05 UTC

John Williamson <johnwilliamson@btinternet.com> wrote:

> ArPedt sent this to the Facebook page..
>
> "Long time, no see
> Slowly getting over the after effects of a dose of Covid and a hernia
> that needed emergency surgery as it did it's best to try and strangle me
> during the lockdowns.
> Thought everyone would want to know Tash is currently safe in a village
> near Talne in Western Ukraine. I was pretty worried about her as I'd
> heard nothing from her since Mad Vlad invaded a bit over a week ago. She
> decided to get out of Dnip' as well when her assistant said she was
> leaving and going to Aunt Olga's. They'll stay there for a while and
> hope for the best. She says sorry for being out of touch but they were
> just too busy helping feed soldiers and civilians who've taken up arms
> alongside them once the war started.
> Until I find the energy to sort out the laptop I'm stuck with a
> smartphone connected to my router wirelessly and the only email address
> that'll work until then is my Gmail one."
>
> If you want a reply copied there, let me know.

Thanks for the crosspost, John.
Please pass on my very best wishes to Pedt and Tash.

--
^Ï^ <https://youtu.be/_kqytf31a8E>

My pet rock Gordon just is.

Re: For them as aren't on Farcepuke, and were wondering.

<20220307132423.209db0e9dc1d5a63cb910f11@eircom.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=7920&group=uk.rec.sheds#7920

From: ste...@eircom.net (Ahem A Rivet's Shot)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds,free.beer.tomorrow
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2022 13:24:23 +0000
 by: Ahem A Rivet's - Mon, 7 Mar 2022 13:24 UTC

On Mon, 7 Mar 2022 10:19:18 +0000
John Williamson <johnwilliamson@btinternet.com> wrote:

> If you want a reply copied there, let me know.

Thank you for posting this, it's good to hear - please convey my
best wishes and hopes.

--
Steve O'Hara-Smith
Odds and Ends at http://www.sohara.org/

Re: For them as aren't on Farcepuke, and were wondering.

<L6KdnUo_duFrLbb_nZ2dnUU7-QOdnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8001&group=uk.rec.sheds#8001

Followup: uk.rec.sheds
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds,free.beer.tomorrow
From: richa...@privacy.net (Richard Robinson)
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2022 14:28:38 -0600
 by: Richard Robinson - Fri, 11 Mar 2022 20:28 UTC

["Followup-To:" header set to uk.rec.sheds.]
John Williamson said:
> ArPedt sent this to the Facebook page..
>
> "Long time, no see
> Slowly getting over the after effects of a dose of Covid and a hernia
> that needed emergency surgery as it did it's best to try and strangle me
> during the lockdowns.

Yuck. I hope he's ok.

> Thought everyone would want to know Tash is currently safe in a village

A bit of good news, for once. Thanks.

> near Talne in Western Ukraine. I was pretty worried about her as I'd
> heard nothing from her since Mad Vlad invaded a bit over a week ago. She
> decided to get out of Dnip' as well when her assistant said she was
> leaving and going to Aunt Olga's. They'll stay there for a while and
> hope for the best. She says sorry for being out of touch but they were
> just too busy helping feed soldiers and civilians who've taken up arms
> alongside them once the war started.
> Until I find the energy to sort out the laptop I'm stuck with a
> smartphone connected to my router wirelessly and the only email address
> that'll work until then is my Gmail one."
>
> If you want a reply copied there, let me know.

If you could pass on good wishes, crossed fingers, etc, please ?

Isn't it nice that Mr. Trump has left the building ?

--
Richard Robinson

My email address is at http://qualmograph.org.uk/contact.html

Re: For them as aren't on Farcepuke, and were wondering.

<j91qt6Fqgs4U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8004&group=uk.rec.sheds#8004

From: johnwill...@btinternet.com (John Williamson)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2022 20:48:38 +0000
 by: John Williamson - Fri, 11 Mar 2022 20:48 UTC

On 11/03/2022 20:28, Richard Robinson wrote:
> ["Followup-To:" header set to uk.rec.sheds.]
> John Williamson said:
>> ArPedt sent this to the Facebook page..
>>
>> "Long time, no see
>> Slowly getting over the after effects of a dose of Covid and a hernia
>> that needed emergency surgery as it did it's best to try and strangle me
>> during the lockdowns.
>
> Yuck. I hope he's ok.
>
>> Thought everyone would want to know Tash is currently safe in a village
>
> A bit of good news, for once. Thanks.
>
>> near Talne in Western Ukraine. I was pretty worried about her as I'd
>> heard nothing from her since Mad Vlad invaded a bit over a week ago. She
>> decided to get out of Dnip' as well when her assistant said she was
>> leaving and going to Aunt Olga's. They'll stay there for a while and
>> hope for the best. She says sorry for being out of touch but they were
>> just too busy helping feed soldiers and civilians who've taken up arms
>> alongside them once the war started.
>> Until I find the energy to sort out the laptop I'm stuck with a
>> smartphone connected to my router wirelessly and the only email address
>> that'll work until then is my Gmail one."
>>
>> If you want a reply copied there, let me know.
>
> If you could pass on good wishes, crossed fingers, etc, please ?

Done.

> Isn't it nice that Mr. Trump has left the building ?

Yes.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Re: For them as aren't on Farcepuke, and were wondering.

<t7ydnTo_1cofE7H_nZ2dnUU7-b2dnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8006&group=uk.rec.sheds#8006

Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
From: richa...@privacy.net (Richard Robinson)
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2022 06:13:54 -0600
 by: Richard Robinson - Sat, 12 Mar 2022 12:13 UTC

John Williamson said:
> On 11/03/2022 20:28, Richard Robinson wrote:
>>
>> If you could pass on good wishes, crossed fingers, etc, please ?
>>
> Done.

Thanks.

And having just read that, I listen to The News and hear that western
towns are now getting shat on ... gaah.

"Peace, man".

--
Richard Robinson

My email address is at http://qualmograph.org.uk/contact.html

Re: For them as aren't on Farcepuke, and were wondering.

<1popgqk.1tqe33imtpn3cN%snipeco.2@gmail.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8008&group=uk.rec.sheds#8008

From: snipec...@gmail.com (Sn!pe)
Newsgroups: free.beer.tomorrow,uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2022 13:31:23 +0000
 by: Sn!pe - Sat, 12 Mar 2022 13:31 UTC

[fu2: shed deferred; the shed is no longer read here]

Richard Robinson <richardR@privacy.net> wrote:
> ["Followup-To:" header set to uk.rec.sheds.]

[...]
> Isn't it nice that Mr. Trump has left the building ?

Hark, what is that clarion call I hear?

'Tis the Trump, the Last Trump.

--
^Ï^ "Wax on, wax off." -- Mr Miyagi

My pet rock Gordon just is.

Re: For them as aren't on Farcepuke, and were wondering.

<qR7XJ.163677$oF2.53017@fx10.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8024&group=uk.rec.sheds#8024

Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
From: not...@home.com (Sam Plusnet)
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2022 21:00:05 +0000
 by: Sam Plusnet - Sat, 12 Mar 2022 21:00 UTC

On 11-Mar-22 20:28, Richard Robinson wrote:

<snipping this one bit out of context>

> Isn't it nice that Mr. Trump has left the building ?

William Barr, Trump's most supine attorney general, is now telling
everyone how terrible and unhinged Trump is, and that he is utterly
unsuited to any position of power (Barr is flogging his book).

When asked if he would support Trump if he became the Republican nominee
in 2024, he said "yes".

--
Sam Plusnet

Re: For them as aren't on Farcepuke, and were wondering.

<-umdnfrgC-wZvrD_nZ2dnUU7-RmdnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8028&group=uk.rec.sheds#8028

Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
From: richa...@privacy.net (Richard Robinson)
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2022 16:49:40 -0600
 by: Richard Robinson - Sat, 12 Mar 2022 22:49 UTC

Sam Plusnet said:
> On 11-Mar-22 20:28, Richard Robinson wrote:
>
><snipping this one bit out of context>
>
>> Isn't it nice that Mr. Trump has left the building ?
>
> William Barr, Trump's most supine attorney general, is now telling
> everyone how terrible and unhinged Trump is, and that he is utterly
> unsuited to any position of power (Barr is flogging his book).
>
> When asked if he would support Trump if he became the Republican nominee
> in 2024, he said "yes".

"Yes, it'll give me material for my next book" ?

--
Richard Robinson

My email address is at http://qualmograph.org.uk/contact.html

Re: For them as aren't on Farcepuke, and were wondering.

<t14rv1$amr$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8170&group=uk.rec.sheds#8170

From: rusty.hi...@foobar.girolle.co.uk (RustyHinge)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds,free.beer.tomorrow
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2022 15:13:37 +0000
 by: RustyHinge - Sat, 19 Mar 2022 15:13 UTC

On 07/03/2022 10:19, John Williamson wrote:
> ArPedt sent this to the Facebook page..
>
> "Long time, no see
> Slowly getting over the after effects of a dose of Covid and a hernia
> that needed emergency surgery as it did it's best to try and strangle me
> during the lockdowns.
> Thought everyone would want to know Tash is currently safe in a village
> near Talne in Western Ukraine. I was pretty worried about her as I'd
> heard nothing from her since Mad Vlad invaded a bit over a week ago. She
> decided to get out of Dnip' as well when her assistant said she was
> leaving and going to Aunt Olga's. They'll stay there for a while and
> hope for the best. She says sorry for being out of touch but they were
> just too busy helping feed soldiers and civilians who've taken up arms
> alongside them once the war started.
> Until I find the energy to sort out the laptop I'm stuck with a
> smartphone connected to my router wirelessly and the only email address
> that'll work until then is my Gmail one."
>
> If you want a reply copied there, let me know.

Tanks for posting that.

--
Rusty Hinge

Re: For them as aren't on Farcepuke, and were wondering.

<t14s7h$amr$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8172&group=uk.rec.sheds#8172

From: rusty.hi...@foobar.girolle.co.uk (RustyHinge)
Newsgroups: free.beer.tomorrow,uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2022 15:18:09 +0000
 by: RustyHinge - Sat, 19 Mar 2022 15:18 UTC

On 12/03/2022 13:31, Sn!pe wrote:

> [fu2: shed deferred; the shed is no longer read here]
>

> Richard Robinson <richardR@privacy.net> wrote:
>
>> ["Followup-To:" header set to uk.rec.sheds.]
>>
> [...]
>>
>> Isn't it nice that Mr. Trump has left the building ?
>>

> Hark, what is that clarion call I hear?
>
> 'Tis the Trump, the Last Trump.

One hopes so: unless it's the snookerTrump.

--
Rusty Hinge

Re: For them as aren't on Farcepuke, and were wondering.

<lYmZJ.1012129$8b1.847310@usenetxs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8176&group=uk.rec.sheds#8176

From: lammasl...@gmail.com (Steve)
Newsgroups: free.beer.tomorrow,uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2022 15:49:36 -0000
 by: Steve - Sat, 19 Mar 2022 15:49 UTC

RustyHinge wrote:

> On 12/03/2022 13:31, Sn!pe wrote:
> >
> > [fu2: shed deferred; the shed is no longer read here]
> >

> > Richard Robinson <richardR@privacy.net> wrote:
> >
> >> ["Followup-To:" header set to uk.rec.sheds.]
> >>
> > [...]
> >>
> >> Isn't it nice that Mr. Trump has left the building ?
> >>

> > Hark, what is that clarion call I hear?
> >
> > 'Tis the Trump, the Last Trump.
>
> One hopes so: unless it's the snookerTrump.

Nellie the Elephant packed her trunk and said goodbye to the circus.
Off she went with a trumpety-trump Trump, trump, trump, trump.

Re: For them as aren't on Farcepuke, and were wondering.

<1pp2n26.1qdppm711cs02gN%snipeco.2@gmail.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8177&group=uk.rec.sheds#8177

From: snipec...@gmail.com (Sn!pe)
Newsgroups: free.beer.tomorrow,uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2022 16:02:26 +0000
 by: Sn!pe - Sat, 19 Mar 2022 16:02 UTC

Steve <lammasland@gmail.com> wrote:

> RustyHinge wrote:
> >
> > On 12/03/2022 13:31, Sn!pe wrote:
> > >
> > > [fu2: shed deferred; the shed is no longer read here]

> > > [...]
> > >>

> > > Hark, what is that clarion call I hear?
> > >
> > > 'Tis the Trump, the Last Trump.
> > >

> > One hopes so: unless it's the snookerTrump.
> >

> Nellie the Elephant packed her trunk and said goodbye to the circus.
> Off she went with a trumpety-trump Trump, trump, trump, trump.

My erstwhile local plays that at full volume come chuckout time.
We're much more civilised than that at the Sn!pe's End Inn.

--
^Ï^ Slava Ukraini

My pet rock Gordon just is.

Re: For them as aren't on Farcepuke, and were wondering.

<20220320103610.1b12cc42d70934e563b9b9e2@127.0.0.1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8209&group=uk.rec.sheds#8209

From: adm...@127.0.0.1 (Kerr-Mudd, John)
Newsgroups: free.beer.tomorrow,uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2022 10:36:10 +0000
GNU: Terry Pratchett
 by: Kerr-Mudd, John - Sun, 20 Mar 2022 10:36 UTC

On Sat, 19 Mar 2022 16:02:26 +0000
snipeco.2@gmail.com (Sn!pe) wrote:

> Steve <lammasland@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > RustyHinge wrote:

> > > One hopes so: unless it's the snookerTrump.
> > >

> > Nellie the Elephant packed her trunk and said goodbye to the circus.
> > Off she went with a trumpety-trump Trump, trump, trump, trump.

The Toy Dolls?

> My erstwhile local plays that at full volume come chuckout time.
> We're much more civilised than that at the Sn!pe's End Inn.

Do you just ring a bell loudly and enquire as to our domiciliary status?

--
Bah, and indeed Humbug.

Re: For them as aren't on Farcepuke, and were wondering.

<1pp43ng.tfufnuth8japN%snipeco.2@gmail.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8212&group=uk.rec.sheds#8212

From: snipec...@gmail.com (Sn!pe)
Newsgroups: free.beer.tomorrow,uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2022 11:04:02 +0000
 by: Sn!pe - Sun, 20 Mar 2022 11:04 UTC

Kerr-Mudd, John <admin@127.0.0.1> wrote:

> On Sat, 19 Mar 2022 16:02:26 +0000
> snipeco.2@gmail.com (Sn!pe) wrote:
>
> > Steve <lammasland@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Nellie the Elephant packed her trunk and said goodbye to the circus.
> > > Off she went with a trumpety-trump Trump, trump, trump, trump.
> > >
> The Toy Dolls?
>
> > My erstwhile local plays that at full volume come chuckout time.
> > We're much more civilised than that at the Sn!pe's End Inn.
> >

> Do you just ring a bell loudly and enquire as to our domiciliary status?

"Ain't yoo got no 'omes ter go to?" do you mean? That's only to
clear out the non-regs. Once they've gone we just slip the latch
on the front door and have a lock-in. The rozzers know to come to
the kitchen door to be let in when the lights are out.

--
^Ï^ Slava Ukraini

My pet rock Gordon just is.

Re: For them as aren't on Farcepuke, and were wondering.

<20220320122359.dc11cba89286a6e45ff4997f@eircom.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8214&group=uk.rec.sheds#8214

From: ste...@eircom.net (Ahem A Rivet's Shot)
Newsgroups: free.beer.tomorrow,uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2022 12:23:59 +0000
 by: Ahem A Rivet's - Sun, 20 Mar 2022 12:23 UTC

On Sun, 20 Mar 2022 11:04:02 +0000
snipeco.2@gmail.com (Sn!pe) wrote:

> "Ain't yoo got no 'omes ter go to?" do you mean? That's only to
> clear out the non-regs. Once they've gone we just slip the latch
> on the front door and have a lock-in. The rozzers know to come to
> the kitchen door to be let in when the lights are out.

When my father was running a drinking establishment on Cherryhinton
Road in that Cambridge there came an evening when around 12:30am a young
and fresh constable on the beat noticed activity within and banged on the
door with the traditional cry of "Police - Open Up". One of the customers
saved my father the trouble of letting him in, and he was let in to find
several people sitting at the bar and my father calmly serving drinks.

He was just getting his notebook and pen out (and no doubt
rehearsing his arrest speech), when the Chief Constable put down his pint,
turned round and looked at him. He got the message, the other three senior
officers at the bar didn't bother to react at all.

--
Steve O'Hara-Smith
Odds and Ends at http://www.sohara.org/

Re: For them as aren't on Farcepuke, and were wondering.

<hqpnSiA1syNiFANk@salmiron.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8218&group=uk.rec.sheds#8218

From: nicho...@salmiron.com (Nicholas D. Richards)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2022 13:25:09 +0000
 by: Nicholas D. Richards - Sun, 20 Mar 2022 13:25 UTC

In article <20220320122359.dc11cba89286a6e45ff4997f@eircom.net>, Ahem A
Rivet's Shot <steveo@eircom.net> on Sun, 20 Mar 2022 at 12:23:59 awoke
Nicholas from his slumbers and wrote
>On Sun, 20 Mar 2022 11:04:02 +0000
>snipeco.2@gmail.com (Sn!pe) wrote:
>
>> "Ain't yoo got no 'omes ter go to?" do you mean? That's only to
>> clear out the non-regs. Once they've gone we just slip the latch
>> on the front door and have a lock-in. The rozzers know to come to
>> the kitchen door to be let in when the lights are out.
>
> When my father was running a drinking establishment on Cherryhinton
>Road in that Cambridge there came an evening when around 12:30am a young
>and fresh constable on the beat noticed activity within and banged on the
>door with the traditional cry of "Police - Open Up". One of the customers
>saved my father the trouble of letting him in, and he was let in to find
>several people sitting at the bar and my father calmly serving drinks.
>
> He was just getting his notebook and pen out (and no doubt
>rehearsing his arrest speech), when the Chief Constable put down his pint,
>turned round and looked at him. He got the message, the other three senior
>officers at the bar didn't bother to react at all.

And yet, and yet

We shout police corruption/incompetence/etc etc when a private detective
has an axe buried in his head, but no culprit is found; a policeman
exposes himself and nothing is done about but later the culprit goes on
to kidnap, rape and murder a young lady; I could go on.

If the police pick and choose which law they choose to obey or ignore we
are on a very slippery slope. In fact we have been on a very slippery
slope for a long time.

A good constable would have booked the lot, hang the consequences. I am
not saying that I would have had the integrity, I just hope I would
have.

If a the Chief Constable had an accident on his way home from the pub,
while under the influence, the constable could well have been in hot
water.
--
0sterc@tcher -

"Où sont les neiges d'antan?"

Re: For them as aren't on Farcepuke, and were wondering.

<PtWdnTqnxv6xrKr_nZ2dnUU7-THNnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8220&group=uk.rec.sheds#8220

Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
From: richa...@privacy.net (Richard Robinson)
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2022 08:50:36 -0500
 by: Richard Robinson - Sun, 20 Mar 2022 13:50 UTC

Nicholas D. Richards said:
> In article <20220320122359.dc11cba89286a6e45ff4997f@eircom.net>, Ahem A
> Rivet's Shot <steveo@eircom.net> on Sun, 20 Mar 2022 at 12:23:59 awoke
> Nicholas from his slumbers and wrote
>>On Sun, 20 Mar 2022 11:04:02 +0000
>>snipeco.2@gmail.com (Sn!pe) wrote:
>>
>>> "Ain't yoo got no 'omes ter go to?" do you mean? That's only to
>>> clear out the non-regs. Once they've gone we just slip the latch
>>> on the front door and have a lock-in. The rozzers know to come to
>>> the kitchen door to be let in when the lights are out.
>>
>> When my father was running a drinking establishment on Cherryhinton
>>Road in that Cambridge there came an evening when around 12:30am a young
>>and fresh constable on the beat noticed activity within and banged on the
>>door with the traditional cry of "Police - Open Up". One of the customers
>>saved my father the trouble of letting him in, and he was let in to find
>>several people sitting at the bar and my father calmly serving drinks.
>>
>> He was just getting his notebook and pen out (and no doubt
>>rehearsing his arrest speech), when the Chief Constable put down his pint,
>>turned round and looked at him. He got the message, the other three senior
>>officers at the bar didn't bother to react at all.
>>
> And yet, and yet
>
> We shout police corruption/incompetence/etc etc when a private detective
> has an axe buried in his head, but no culprit is found; a policeman
> exposes himself and nothing is done about but later the culprit goes on
> to kidnap, rape and murder a young lady; I could go on.
>
> If the police pick and choose which law they choose to obey or ignore we
> are on a very slippery slope. In fact we have been on a very slippery
> slope for a long time.
>
> A good constable would have booked the lot, hang the consequences. I am
> not saying that I would have had the integrity, I just hope I would
> have.
>
> If a the Chief Constable had an accident on his way home from the pub,
> while under the influence, the constable could well have been in hot
> water.

As could the Lord High Copper Himself, depending on the 'accident'. "And
what do you think you're doing in my bath ?"

I think the Lanncs. force is the only one I haven't seen taking advantage
of power, in petty ways.

Yet ...

--
Richard Robinson

My email address is at http://qualmograph.org.uk/contact.html

Re: For them as aren't on Farcepuke, and were wondering.

<1pp4c9m.jlb24qfh8ezcN%snipeco.2@gmail.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8222&group=uk.rec.sheds#8222

From: snipec...@gmail.com (Sn!pe)
Newsgroups: free.beer.tomorrow,uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2022 14:15:46 +0000
References: <j8m4h8FimlhU1@mid.individual.net> <L6KdnUo_duFrLbb_nZ2dnUU7-QOdnZ2d@brightview.co.uk> <1popgqk.1tqe33imtpn3cN%snipeco.2@gmail.com> <t14s7h$amr$2@dont-email.me> <lYmZJ.1012129$8b1.847310@usenetxs.com> <1pp2n26.1qdppm711cs02gN%snipeco.2@gmail.com> <20220320103610.1b12cc42d70934e563b9b9e2@127.0.0.1> <1pp43ng.tfufnuth8japN%snipeco.2@gmail.com> <20220320122359.dc11cba89286a6e45ff4997f@eircom.net>
 by: Sn!pe - Sun, 20 Mar 2022 14:15 UTC

Ahem A Rivet's Shot <steveo@eircom.net> wrote:

> On Sun, 20 Mar 2022 11:04:02 +0000
> snipeco.2@gmail.com (Sn!pe) wrote:
>
> > "Ain't yoo got no 'omes ter go to?" do you mean? That's only to
> > clear out the non-regs. Once they've gone we just slip the latch
> > on the front door and have a lock-in. The rozzers know to come to
> > the kitchen door to be let in when the lights are out.
> >

> When my father was running a drinking establishment on Cherryhinton
> Road in that Cambridge there came an evening when around 12:30am a young
> and fresh constable on the beat noticed activity within and banged on the
> door with the traditional cry of "Police - Open Up". One of the customers
> saved my father the trouble of letting him in, and he was let in to find
> several people sitting at the bar and my father calmly serving drinks.
>
> He was just getting his notebook and pen out (and no doubt
> rehearsing his arrest speech), when the Chief Constable put down his pint,
> turned round and looked at him. He got the message, the other three senior
> officers at the bar didn't bother to react at all.

A very long time ago, in another life, I was a 'puterman. I'd been
sent by my firm to install the first two of a new kind of machine for
the Public Service Board (Civil Service) in Melbourne, Upside-down Land
and give the local engies some training. [long story]

The firm I was on loan to had put me up in the St Kilda Motel, just
a tram ride away from the work site. It was an ~interesting~ place...
Apart from the very best prawn cutlet bar snacks you could buy,
it had a VIP room just next to the reception area. I happened to be
passing the door one day when it opened and revealed at least a
couple of dozen of Melbourne's finest blue-suited gents, quaffing
Vic Bitter and playing cards in a blue haze of [ahem] 'baccy smoke.

--
^Ï^ Slava Ukraini

My pet rock Gordon just is.

Re: For them as aren't on Farcepuke, and were wondering.

<20220320145221.52262e57a56bc9fea348b222@eircom.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8224&group=uk.rec.sheds#8224

From: ste...@eircom.net (Ahem A Rivet's Shot)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2022 14:52:21 +0000
 by: Ahem A Rivet's - Sun, 20 Mar 2022 14:52 UTC

On Sun, 20 Mar 2022 13:25:09 +0000
"Nicholas D. Richards" <nicholas@salmiron.com> wrote:

> In article <20220320122359.dc11cba89286a6e45ff4997f@eircom.net>, Ahem A
> Rivet's Shot <steveo@eircom.net> on Sun, 20 Mar 2022 at 12:23:59 awoke

> > He was just getting his notebook and pen out (and no doubt
> >rehearsing his arrest speech), when the Chief Constable put down his
> >pint, turned round and looked at him. He got the message, the other
> >three senior officers at the bar didn't bother to react at all.
> >
> And yet, and yet

<snip>
> A good constable would have booked the lot, hang the consequences. I am
> not saying that I would have had the integrity, I just hope I would
> have.

Trouble is it wooden have jbexed, they'd have sworn blind that it
was a private party being held in the club and that they were drinking
their own beer - and that the place was a licensed club not a public house.
At which point it's constable Wetbehindtheears word against the Chief
Constable and at least two other senior officers, a regular contributor
to the benevolent fund and invitee to the annual police ball (my father)
and no doubt the rest of them were similarly established respectable people.

They'd all have been lying of course but there's no way constable
Wetbehindtheears would ever be able to make a case of it let alone convince
the magistrate who's probably a drinking buddy.

> If a the Chief Constable had an accident on his way home from the pub,
> while under the influence, the constable could well have been in hot
> water.

Not really, the constable didn't see him driving and had no reason
to expect him or any of the others to drive, besides it was the mid 1970s
and the limit was quite high then. But my dad should have lost his
publican's license over it.

--
Steve O'Hara-Smith
Odds and Ends at http://www.sohara.org/

Re: For them as aren't on Farcepuke, and were wondering.

<slrnt3f8ib.ho8.maus@dmaus.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8240&group=uk.rec.sheds#8240

From: mau...@dmaus.org (maus)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: 20 Mar 2022 21:53:15 GMT
 by: maus - Sun, 20 Mar 2022 21:53 UTC

On 2022-03-20, Ahem A Rivet's Shot <steveo@eircom.net> wrote:
> On Sun, 20 Mar 2022 11:04:02 +0000
> snipeco.2@gmail.com (Sn!pe) wrote:
>
>> "Ain't yoo got no 'omes ter go to?" do you mean? That's only to
>> clear out the non-regs. Once they've gone we just slip the latch
>> on the front door and have a lock-in. The rozzers know to come to
>> the kitchen door to be let in when the lights are out.
>
> When my father was running a drinking establishment on Cherryhinton
> Road in that Cambridge there came an evening when around 12:30am a young
> and fresh constable on the beat noticed activity within and banged on the
> door with the traditional cry of "Police - Open Up". One of the customers
> saved my father the trouble of letting him in, and he was let in to find
> several people sitting at the bar and my father calmly serving drinks.
>
> He was just getting his notebook and pen out (and no doubt
> rehearsing his arrest speech), when the Chief Constable put down his pint,
> turned round and looked at him. He got the message, the other three senior
> officers at the bar didn't bother to react at all.

I remember the night when the Polezie arrived. I was with my friend, who
was physically handicapped, so I helped him into the very small ladies
toilet, where we discovered a elderly lady of the evening having
dealings with a customer. Luckily the cops never checked.

--
greymausg@mail.com
That's not a mousehole!

Re: For them as aren't on Farcepuke, and were wondering.

<slrnt3hb56.pof.bap@gamma.gizmodynamics.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8254&group=uk.rec.sheds#8254

From: bap...@shrdlu.com (Bernard Peek)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: 21 Mar 2022 16:49:42 GMT
 by: Bernard Peek - Mon, 21 Mar 2022 16:49 UTC

On 2022-03-20, Nicholas D. Richards <nicholas@salmiron.com> wrote:
> In article <20220320122359.dc11cba89286a6e45ff4997f@eircom.net>, Ahem A
> Rivet's Shot <steveo@eircom.net> on Sun, 20 Mar 2022 at 12:23:59 awoke
> Nicholas from his slumbers and wrote
>>
>> He was just getting his notebook and pen out (and no doubt
>>rehearsing his arrest speech), when the Chief Constable put down his pint,
>>turned round and looked at him. He got the message, the other three senior
>>officers at the bar didn't bother to react at all.
>>
> And yet, and yet
>
> We shout police corruption/incompetence/etc etc when a private detective
> has an axe buried in his head, but no culprit is found; a policeman
> exposes himself and nothing is done about but later the culprit goes on
> to kidnap, rape and murder a young lady; I could go on.
>
> If the police pick and choose which law they choose to obey or ignore we
> are on a very slippery slope. In fact we have been on a very slippery
> slope for a long time.
>
> A good constable would have booked the lot, hang the consequences. I am
> not saying that I would have had the integrity, I just hope I would
> have.

Not necessarily. The dibbles quite like lock-ins. They get to have a drink
to wind-down after long shifts at unsociable hours. But they also know where
to find the local scrotes.

> If a the Chief Constable had an accident on his way home from the pub,
> while under the influence, the constable could well have been in hot
> water.

Only if it was mentioned in court, which it would not be. Jobsworths can be
a fundamental pain. Best not to encourage them.

--
Bernard Peek
bap@shrdlu.com

Re: For them as aren't on Farcepuke, and were wondering.

<1ppi0wx.v9301h73f98wN%snipeco.2@gmail.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=8362&group=uk.rec.sheds#8362

From: snipec...@gmail.com (Sn!pe)
Newsgroups: free.beer.tomorrow,uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2022 23:26:12 +0100
 by: Sn!pe - Sun, 27 Mar 2022 22:26 UTC

Sn!pe <snipeco.2@gmail.com> wrote:

> John Williamson <johnwilliamson@btinternet.com> wrote:
>
> > ArPedt sent this to the Facebook page..
> >
> > "Long time, no see
> > Slowly getting over the after effects of a dose of Covid and a hernia
> > that needed emergency surgery as it did it's best to try and strangle me
> > during the lockdowns.
> > Thought everyone would want to know Tash is currently safe in a village
> > near Talne in Western Ukraine. I was pretty worried about her as I'd
> > heard nothing from her since Mad Vlad invaded a bit over a week ago. She
> > decided to get out of Dnip' as well when her assistant said she was
> > leaving and going to Aunt Olga's. They'll stay there for a while and
> > hope for the best. She says sorry for being out of touch but they were
> > just too busy helping feed soldiers and civilians who've taken up arms
> > alongside them once the war started.
> > Until I find the energy to sort out the laptop I'm stuck with a
> > smartphone connected to my router wirelessly and the only email address
> > that'll work until then is my Gmail one."
> >
> > If you want a reply copied there, let me know.
> >

> Thanks for the crosspost, John.
> Please pass on my very best wishes to Pedt and Tash.

[from fbt, three weeks later]

Is there any more news of Tash and Pedt, please?

--
^Ï^ Slava Ukraini

My pet rock Gordon just is.