From: Aero.Sp...@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Subject: High pressure area over Europe, renewables failing
Date: 29 Nov 2022 09:33:33 GMT
 by: Spike - Tue, 29 Nov 2022 09:33 UTC

At 0920 Templar Gridwatch is reporting that Wind is producing 1.62% of
demand and Solar is at 0.38%.

OCGT and Coal are producing 0.68% and 2.70%, which is more than the total
from Wind and Solar.

All the interconnectors bar one are on import, some are maxed out, and
hydro is contributing 2.76%.

Gas is at 61.7% of demand.

This is the first wide high pressure area of this winter. It’s going to be
here for a few days.

Have we all got our backups sorted?

--
Spike

Re: High pressure area over Europe, renewables failing

<tm85cg$2iqq3$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=79744&group=uk.d-i-y#79744

From: brian1g...@gmail.com (Brian Gaff)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2022 17:54:21 -0000
 by: Brian Gaff - Wed, 30 Nov 2022 17:54 UTC

No, but the government are experts at generating hot air, so we will be OK.
Brian

--

--:
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
"Spike" <Aero.Spike@mail.invalid> wrote in message

> At 0920 Templar Gridwatch is reporting that Wind is producing 1.62% of
> demand and Solar is at 0.38%.
>
> OCGT and Coal are producing 0.68% and 2.70%, which is more than the total
> from Wind and Solar.
>
> All the interconnectors bar one are on import, some are maxed out, and
> hydro is contributing 2.76%.
>
> Gas is at 61.7% of demand.
>
> This is the first wide high pressure area of this winter. It's going to be
> here for a few days.
>
> Have we all got our backups sorted?
>
> --
> Spike

Re: High pressure area over Europe, renewables failing

<n1HqzuDjj7hjFwpc@bancom.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=79765&group=uk.d-i-y#79765

From: ton...@bancom.co.uk (tony sayer)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2022 20:11:15 +0000
 by: tony sayer - Wed, 30 Nov 2022 20:11 UTC

In article <jum1vdFo8qgU1@mid.individual.net>, Spike
<Aero.Spike@mail.invalid> scribeth thus

>At 0920 Templar Gridwatch is reporting that Wind is producing 1.62% of
>demand and Solar is at 0.38%.
>
>OCGT and Coal are producing 0.68% and 2.70%, which is more than the total
>from Wind and Solar.
>
>All the interconnectors bar one are on import, some are maxed out, and
>hydro is contributing 2.76%.
>
>Gas is at 61.7% of demand.
>
>This is the first wide high pressure area of this winter. It’s going to be
>here for a few days.
>
>Have we all got our backups sorted?

Just shows up how the energy supply is fucked good and proper!

And the pratts in the house of loons are masterbating about if new windy
mills should be on shore of off shore where it seems their all equally
useless,,

So we'll just be in hock to where we can get any gas from

They did keep some coal plants ready to run didn't they?.

Anyone know if the nuclear output is likely to rise up to where it used
to be?..

--
Tony Sayer

Re: High pressure area over Europe, renewables failing

<tm9rvu$2p5bp$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=79796&group=uk.d-i-y#79796

From: tnp...@invalid.invalid (The Natural Philosopher)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2022 09:26:22 +0000
 by: The Natural Philosop - Thu, 1 Dec 2022 09:26 UTC

On 30/11/2022 20:11, tony sayer wrote:
> In article <jum1vdFo8qgU1@mid.individual.net>, Spike
> <Aero.Spike@mail.invalid> scribeth thus
>>
>> At 0920 Templar Gridwatch is reporting that Wind is producing 1.62% of
>> demand and Solar is at 0.38%.
>>
>> OCGT and Coal are producing 0.68% and 2.70%, which is more than the total
>>from Wind and Solar.
>>
>> All the interconnectors bar one are on import, some are maxed out, and
>> hydro is contributing 2.76%.
>>
>> Gas is at 61.7% of demand.
>>
>> This is the first wide high pressure area of this winter. It’s going to be
>> here for a few days.
>>
>> Have we all got our backups sorted?
>>

> Just shows up how the energy supply is fucked good and proper!
>
> And the pratts in the house of loons are masterbating about if new windy
> mills should be on shore of off shore where it seems their all equally
> useless,,
>
> So we'll just be in hock to where we can get any gas from
>

> They did keep some coal plants ready to run didn't they?.

We have about 2GW left. and its running now

> Anyone know if the nuclear output is likely to rise up to where it used
> to be?..

Not since they closed the first of the AGRs, we have only 5 reactor
sires left,. which is ten 500-600MWE reactors of which two are down -
one for a steam fault, the other for refuelling, and a third is coming
back up to power

That's at best 5GW.

And it looks like Hinkley point wont be ready for another 12 years. That
is simply incredible, and has to be deliberate on someone's part.

Re: High pressure area over Europe, renewables failing

<tmat1k$1du7$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=79834&group=uk.d-i-y#79834

From: Andrew97...@mybtinternet.com (Andrew)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2022 18:50:27 +0000
 by: Andrew - Thu, 1 Dec 2022 18:50 UTC

On 30/11/2022 20:11, tony sayer wrote:
> In article <jum1vdFo8qgU1@mid.individual.net>, Spike
> <Aero.Spike@mail.invalid> scribeth thus
>>
>> At 0920 Templar Gridwatch is reporting that Wind is producing 1.62% of
>> demand and Solar is at 0.38%.
>>
>> OCGT and Coal are producing 0.68% and 2.70%, which is more than the total
>>from Wind and Solar.
>>
>> All the interconnectors bar one are on import, some are maxed out, and
>> hydro is contributing 2.76%.
>>
>> Gas is at 61.7% of demand.
>>
>> This is the first wide high pressure area of this winter. It’s going to be
>> here for a few days.
>>
>> Have we all got our backups sorted?
>>

> Just shows up how the energy supply is fucked good and proper!
>
> And the pratts in the house of loons are masterbating about if new windy
> mills should be on shore of off shore where it seems their all equally
> useless,,
>
> So we'll just be in hock to where we can get any gas from
>
> They did keep some coal plants ready to run didn't they?.

3 left I believe. Good job we still import 19% of our coal
requirements from Russia (including a lot of coking coal).